NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Only thing better than a losing team with Darius Boyd, is a winning team without Greg Bird.
    Trajan
    Trajan

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 45

Post by Trajan Wed May 31, 2017 10:34 pm

Lets see how far that QLD loyalty goes coming into round 2. I suspect not very far.
    QUEENSLANDER my @rse. I hope Myles is fit so Fifita can run over him again.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Hope I have enough characters

TysonFrizellsBottomBitch
    Your choice and i won't question it, but are you sure you're going to be able to overcome the jealousy welling up inside you each time you see me post with that title?

Ps: just tried to change my name and i can't, so dear mods, please take this post as a request to change my name to "TysonFrizellsBottomBitch" if it fits.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 31, 2017 10:39 pm

Archer wrote:
    Your choice and i won't question it, but are you sure you're going to be able to overcome the jealousy welling up inside you each time you see me post with that title?

Ps: just tried to change my name and i can't, so dear mods, please take this post as a request to change my name to "TysonFrizellsBottomBitch" if it fits.
    No I just giggle every time I read it out, pahahahahahahahaha

Happy with my own work
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 31, 2017 10:40 pm

Trajan wrote:Lets see how far that QLD loyalty goes coming into round 2. I suspect not very far.
    QUEENSLANDER my @rse. I hope Myles is fit so Fifita can run over him again.
    QLD loyalty is like QLD Spirit, NSW don't understand it and each time i see their fans salty about it, it serves as a reminder of why they are so salty - our dominance.  Cool
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Wed May 31, 2017 10:41 pm

Ok so fantasy stuff.

I wonder what the ruling will be with Milfs head knock and his ability to back up in 3 days time. I can't see him being allowed, so will Wayne continue with Benji, or will KNik partner Hunt?

Could be an interesting conundrum for all those KNik trade outs (myself included).

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed May 31, 2017 10:44 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Hope I have enough characters

TysonFrizellsBottomBitch

This is a great, great night
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 31, 2017 10:44 pm

Queensland pack got monstered so bad. I knew deep down QLD would lose with Milford anyway. Can't believe I lost his Rd 12 points. Never saw him being picked and don't think he will be again
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed May 31, 2017 10:47 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

This is a great, great night
    One of the best! Made even better by poor ol' Archers run up to the day, denied an early lunch then watching his QLD getting pumped

What a delight
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 31, 2017 10:55 pm

How appropriate that Nine would follow the league with a whole hour of commercials.. Fuck off.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 pm

Loomer wrote:Queensland pack got monstered so bad. I knew deep down QLD would lose with Milford anyway. Can't believe I lost his Rd 12 points. Never saw him being picked and don't think he will be again

I knew right away with the whole Slater/Boyd stuff that we were in trouble.  There was obviously disagreements from the get go and things just haven't seemed right this year.  Nothing seems to have run smoothly. I have zero confidence in Kev to continue this side's legacy.  He has done nothing since he took over and got lucky last year.  His, Locky and Miles team selections show incompetence IMO.  No consideration for the opponents and what the teams looked like on paper is exactly what was dished up tonight, anyone could see that coming.  Even myself a proud QLDer didn't have much confidence going into this one.

That try just before half time killed us, and as soon as Smith took that short goal line dropout, that was it.  Taking it short was very alarming at the time and look what happened.  I heard Cam get interviewed on triple M after and he was his usual self.  Saying we have to be better and can't go down to NSW and play like that.  A line that he said which I may be reading too much into but he said about going down to NSW to try and lock up the series, his words were 'I'm sure we can get a team together for the next game to get the job done.'  Or something like that, but it kind of sounds like perhaps he lacked confidence in the team also maybe.

Not sure how we can match their pack.  We have no one like Fifita, that's the reason why you start every year with that guy in your fantasy team.  Even bringing Wallace in, I don't think he'll do much better just quietly and Hess is a lazy fuck who will be exposed.  Don't think Billy would have done much, but you never know, he would have been better than Boyd, who is a piece of shit.  Napa and Myles held their own for the first 15, but the whole team lacked energy, attitude, desire and trust between each other.  I guess when you have such a streak and the opposition have had so many defeats, the rebound is bound to happen sooner or later.

It will be interesting to see what happens now.  If Kev comes out and says it's not panic stations and has faith in the team to get the job done, it'll be 3-0 to NSW.  Find guys that want to play, like the NSW guys, they wanted to play for each other, we didn't.  Gagai was our shining light, we need 17 guys just like that.
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Wed May 31, 2017 11:00 pm

Archer wrote:
    QLD loyalty is like QLD Spirit, NSW don't understand it and each time i see their fans salty about it, it serves as a reminder of why they are so salty - our dominance.  Cool
    Qld loyalty is a myth which will soon be exposed. You have had your run for a decade or so with great players but it is coming to an end.
    You may even still win this series but the writing is on the wall.There is no large difference in the makeup and will of the teams its just a matter of time and age.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 11:01 pm

BroncHose wrote:Ok so fantasy stuff.

I wonder what the ruling will be with Milfs head knock and his ability to back up in 3 days time. I can't see him being allowed, so will Wayne continue with Benji, or will KNik partner Hunt?

Could be an interesting conundrum for all those KNik trade outs (myself included).

Same would go for Pearce you'd think. I think they'll both play though.

I think Niko can hold off a week. He will lose a little but probably not as much as some think. If for some reason Milford is out, it better fucking be Niko filling in.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed May 31, 2017 11:03 pm

Loomer wrote:Queensland pack got monstered so bad. I knew deep down QLD would lose with Milford anyway. Can't believe I lost his Rd 12 points. Never saw him being picked and don't think he will be again

What does the pack getting monstered have to do with milford? Thought milf was excellent in the first half personally. HIA obviously ended his game early.

Wnat the hell is kev doing playing morgan as a forward. Thats just moronic when we are already carrying myles and the other plodders.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 31, 2017 11:04 pm

Trajan wrote:
    Qld loyalty is a myth which will soon be exposed. You have had your run for a decade or so with great players but it is coming to an end.
    You may even still win this series but the writing is on the wall.There is no large difference in the makeup and will of the teams its just a matter of time and age.
    Atta boy, keep it coming!

The age/time thing is an interesting spin, haven't heard that one the last 5 years straight.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 11:06 pm

Archer wrote:

There's spirit and there's getting the biggest defeat since 2000. I don't see spirit brining this team back to matching NSW to lock up the series. If the whole game ran like the first 20 and we lost, yeah okay, but any QLDer saying after that that the same team can lock the series cause of our QLDer spirit, sorry but you are kidding yourself.

I'm happy to be proved wrong, and it's quite possible I'm jumping the gun. NSW have had to change their pack time and time again to try and combat us, and they are finally doing that, it's time we start doing the same. Nothing lasts forever. Kev and the team needed that defeat. Maybe a loss like that might spark the same team into better form, but some of those guys don't deserve to be there.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 11:07 pm

my tv broke wrote:

What does the pack getting monstered have to do with milford? Thought milf was excellent in the first half personally. HIA obviously ended his game early.

Wnat the hell is kev doing playing morgan as a forward. Thats just moronic when we are already carrying myles and the other plodders.

Milford did some good things and showed some good signs, he tried hard. Kev need to have a long hard look at his team, but he's a fraud and doesn't know what the fuck he's doing so nothing will probably change.
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Wed May 31, 2017 11:13 pm

Archer wrote:
    Atta boy, keep it coming!

The age/time thing is an interesting spin, haven't heard that one the last 5 years straight.
    I think you might hear it mentioned a leetle bit more in the next two weeks.For christ's sake keep
    Myles, Guerra and O'Neill, that would show how loyal you QLD's are or stupid!
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed May 31, 2017 11:13 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Nothing. You inferred that. I'm a salty Milford ex-owner and threw that in there but he was hiding the whole game bar one run like he often does for Broncos
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 31, 2017 11:14 pm

Trajan wrote:

Sorry, but what does that even mean? We won for so many years based on the same group of guys getting the job done. All things do come to an end and nothing lasts forever. How could it be a myth when the loyalty was shown again tonight, except they didn't get the job done. Of course time and age is part of it, that's life, but you can't deny that we had one of the best teams if not the best origin has seen for the last ten years, and you can't keep throwing that obvious fact up.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:57 pm