NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Share
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8751
    Reputation : 1448
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by SI on Tue May 23, 2017 12:51 am

    @quicksand wrote:Ok, after a mass debate on possible combinations and a few position switches, I have cum up with the following;

    F.Kafusi to Graham,
    CHN to Mannering,
    Talaki to Radradra (via Suli)

    round 12 team
    Cook,
    Graham, Brown, Fai
    Gallen, Surgess, Crichton, Mannering, Whitehead, Elliot
    A.Reynolds, Nikorima, Frawley
    Aubusson, Fuimaono
    RTS, Cotric, Radradra

    18 players

    round 13  Whitehead to De Belin or Taumalolo

    Smith,
    Wallace, Graham, Brown, Fai
    Mannering, Elliot, (JDB or LOLO)
    Nikorima, Frawley
    Sione.M, Aubusson, Suli
    RTS, Slater, Cotric, Radradra, Hayne

    18 players

    sound good ?

    18 both rounds is awesome. Unfortunately fucks the loophole for you but that's kind of minor when taking into account you have a full house both rounds.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2325
    Reputation : 179
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue May 23, 2017 12:54 am

    Hey lads, notice everyone is bringing in guns, perhaps due to trade numbers.

    I have 22 so am looking st going sideways with a few midrangers.

    CHN > Elliot
    Yates > Glenn
    Kelly, Hayne, Suli > Semi

    Leaves me with around 100k minimum for next weekend if needed, first time really having a crack at the byes, is this too risky?

    Thoughts?
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 8057
    Reputation : 1201
    Join date : 2015-09-17
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by Welshy on Tue May 23, 2017 12:56 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hey lads, notice everyone is bringing in guns, perhaps due to trade numbers.

    I have 22 so am looking st going sideways with a few midrangers.

    CHN > Elliot
    Yates > Glenn
    Kelly, Hayne, Suli > Semi

    Leaves me with around 100k minimum for next weekend if needed, first time really having a crack at the byes, is this too risky?

    Thoughts?
    I like them with your trades left you can attack the tough byes
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 3568
    Reputation : 442
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by wolfking on Tue May 23, 2017 1:01 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hey lads, notice everyone is bringing in guns, perhaps due to trade numbers.

    I have 22 so am looking st going sideways with a few midrangers.

    CHN > Elliot
    Yates > Glenn
    Kelly, Hayne, Suli > Semi

    Leaves me with around 100k minimum for next weekend if needed, first time really having a crack at the byes, is this too risky?

    Thoughts?

    I like the first and third, but I'm not sold on Glenn. Seems like throwing a trade away for 1 round. But yeah, you have the trades to do it. I like Joe Ofa if he gets a start too.
    avatar
    danseels1985

    Posts : 290
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by danseels1985 on Tue May 23, 2017 1:04 am

    Faaark I'm so torn what to do this week. My team will look like one of these two,if people could make a choice that would be great

    Team A

    Smith McInnes
    Graham James Brown Fai
    JDB Surgess Gallen Crichton Elliot Fuimaono
    SJ Niko Norman Hampton
    BJ Aubusson Kelly Idris
    RTS Slater Radradra Hayne Phythian

    Team B
    Smith McInnes
    Graham James Brown Fai
    JDB Surgess Gallen Mannering Crichton Elliot
    SJ Niko Norman Hampton
    BJ Fuimaono Kelly Idris
    RTS Slater Hayne Suli Phythian
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2325
    Reputation : 179
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue May 23, 2017 1:04 am

    Just realised i kinda need to bring in a shark for round 12 and 15 coverage. Gallen the only option?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8751
    Reputation : 1448
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by SI on Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 am

    @Welshy wrote:
    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Hey lads, notice everyone is bringing in guns, perhaps due to trade numbers.

    I have 22 so am looking st going sideways with a few midrangers.

    CHN > Elliot
    Yates > Glenn
    Kelly, Hayne, Suli > Semi

    Leaves me with around 100k minimum for next weekend if needed, first time really having a crack at the byes, is this too risky?

    Thoughts?
    I like them with your trades left you can attack the tough byes

    Seconded.
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1491
    Reputation : 285
    Join date : 2016-01-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by mulvy on Tue May 23, 2017 1:14 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Just realised i kinda need to bring in a shark for round 12 and 15 coverage. Gallen the only option?

    If named to replace Maloney, Nu Brown could be a good cash out for Hampton maybe?

    Edit: I don't even know who you have in the halves, was looking at someone else's team, still Nu Brown for any Half you no longer want?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8751
    Reputation : 1448
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by SI on Tue May 23, 2017 1:21 am

    @mulvy wrote:
    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Just realised i kinda need to bring in a shark for round 12 and 15 coverage. Gallen the only option?

    If named to replace Maloney, Nu Brown could be a good cash out for Hampton maybe?

    Edit: I don't even know who you have in the halves, was looking at someone else's team, still Nu Brown for any Half you no longer want?

    Used NuBrown as a cash out a month ago for Jacks so here's hoping. Allthough Morts seems to be more likely now.
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1491
    Reputation : 285
    Join date : 2016-01-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by mulvy on Tue May 23, 2017 1:25 am

    I'm thinking:

    Smith to SJ via Knik
    CHN to Gallen
    Fifita to Graham

    Would give me for round 12:

    Knik Cook
    Graham Brown Musgrove Tualau
    Crichton Gallen Bodene Elliott
    ARey SJ Frawley Norman
    Hoppa Fui
    RTS Cotric

    Gives me 17 if one of Brown or Norman plays, but still 16 would be good as I would still be able to run out 17 next week. I like that I'm bringing in three uber guns but it's risky because I may run out of trades or money before I can get back in Smith and Fifita. I don't know if I can pull the trigger.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 3439
    Reputation : 751
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue May 23, 2017 1:39 am

    Feeney with a BE of 6.. don't tell me he's going to make some money
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 2538
    Reputation : 329
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Tue May 23, 2017 1:41 am

    @mulvy wrote:I'm thinking:

    Smith to SJ via Knik
    CHN to Gallen
    Fifita to Graham

    Would give me for round 12:

    Knik Cook
    Graham Brown Musgrove Tualau
    Crichton Gallen Bodene Elliott
    ARey SJ Frawley Norman
    Hoppa Fui
    RTS Cotric

    Gives me 17 if one of Brown or Norman plays, but still 16 would be good as I would still be able to run out 17 next week. I like that I'm bringing in three uber guns but it's risky because I may run out of trades or money before I can get back in Smith and Fifita. I don't know if I can pull the trigger.


    You're looking at a truly horrendous HOK combo the next round unless you've got plans for an immediate upgrade of K-Niko. Your Smith trade doesn't really pan out since SJ will only play one bye round. If you're going trade Smith out, it's got to have some decent upside to it. Like getting Jake Friend in for two bye rounds and covering for Cook when he's on byes for instance
    avatar
    Spectre

    Posts : 2687
    Reputation : 314
    Join date : 2015-12-15

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by Spectre on Tue May 23, 2017 1:43 am

    McGuire - Graham
    CHN - Gallen
    Suli - Aubbs

    Anyone against these trades? I only want Aubbs if he is a keeper in the ctrs though.

    Thoughts?
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1491
    Reputation : 285
    Join date : 2016-01-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by mulvy on Tue May 23, 2017 1:47 am

    @Johnny B Goode wrote:
     

    You're looking at a truly horrendous HOK combo the next round unless you've got plans for an immediate upgrade of K-Niko. Your Smith trade doesn't really pan out since SJ will only play one bye round. If you're going trade Smith out, it's got to have some decent upside to it. Like getting Jake Friend in for two bye rounds and covering for Cook when he's on byes for instance

    Cook's a sell though isn't he? I was thinking Cook to McInnes next week
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 838
    Reputation : 252
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by code delta on Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 am

    @mulvy wrote:... I like that I'm bringing in three uber guns but it's risky because I may run out of trades or money before I can get back in Smith and Fifita. I don't know if I can pull the trigger.

    Smith won't make much money if he plays full minutes in non-bye rounds. But will he be rested and loose more money??
    Fifita will make money the next couple of times he plays. But he doesn't play much over the bye rounds. Will still cost more to trade him back in if you trade him out now.
    I know it's a lot of money sitting on the bench but I'm included to just save trading them out and in again. (I've burnt trades to date)
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 838
    Reputation : 252
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by code delta on Tue May 23, 2017 1:50 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Feeney with a BE of 6.. don't tell me he's going to make some money
    Only relevant if you are trading him in.affraid
    avatar
    Spectre

    Posts : 2687
    Reputation : 314
    Join date : 2015-12-15

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by Spectre on Tue May 23, 2017 1:50 am

    When was the last time, if ever, Smith was rested after an origin game?
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2325
    Reputation : 179
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue May 23, 2017 1:57 am

    Heya Mulvy

    Halves are Milf, Niko, Norman and Frawley. So Norman to Nubrown could be a go.
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 816
    Reputation : 160
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by StuDogg101 on Tue May 23, 2017 2:00 am

    @code delta wrote:

    Smith won't make much money if he plays full minutes in non-bye rounds. But will he be rested and lose more money??
    Fifita will make money the next couple of times he plays. But he doesn't play much over the bye rounds. Will still cost more to trade him back in if you trade him out now.
    I know it's a lot of money sitting on the bench but I'm included to just save trading them out and in again. (I've burnt trades to date)

    That old chestnut. Pretty sure it's disproved every year
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1491
    Reputation : 285
    Join date : 2016-01-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 43

    Post by mulvy on Tue May 23, 2017 2:00 am

    @Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Heya Mulvy

    Halves are Milf, Niko, Norman and Frawley. So Norman to Nubrown could be a go.

    Yeah for me too but I'm still holding out hope Norman has a quicker than expected recovery

      Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:27 am