NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 15 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:08 am

Ice wrote:Ok first 30 followed by a woeful final 50.

We had nothing when Matagi and Evans replaced Mannah and Alvaro. We were well on top with our starting forwards but it went down hill here after.

I'm a big King fan but I think we really missed Will Smith or Kaysa on the bench.

Very tough to hold out a team with a man in the bin and another on the ground, not sure why we didn't get a penalty after Norman was hit late at that point. Also found it strange that a ball that was clearly gonna reach the ingoal, possibly go dead, hits the ref, affecting the play and play is allowed to continue and the Panthers score on the next tackle. That was a dagger.

Lots to think about there, think our bench needs work and surprisingly didn't think we kicked that well.

Still, I think both teams will make the 8 based on what we've seen this weekend. Will be interesting to see how we go against the Panthers in a few weeks.

French, Hayne, Mannah, Alvaro, Taka all solid.

Yep, can't for the life of me understand why Arthur wouldn't want to have one of Will Smith or Pritchard on the bench. Surely that would give better value then Beau Scott doing exactly what one less backrower could do anyway? Pritchard was tough as nails for your mob last year until he got injured, and Will Smith can play pretty much anywhere, and do it in style.
    Pieman
    Pieman

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 15 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 am

Ice wrote:

Comfortably one of our best in a side where we didn't have any standouts. Not a lot of opportunities in attack but drew players allowing hoffman a double. No errors, a few tackle busts, did his work coming out of our end, a couple try saves.

Basically a solid return that showed he is prepared to put in the effort, play his role in the team and not overplay his hand.

No doubt however he will cop the bulk of the blame for the loss simp,y because he wasn't the most dominant player on the field like people expect him to be every week.

Personally, I doubt many Parra fans will be disappointed with his game. Any other centre in the game plays like that and the coach and fans are happy and the media don't don't about it, but it's Hayne, so plenty will be said I imagine.

I thought French was our best today.

He was outplayed by Waqa Blake - in saying that, blake played very very well.
    I dont think anyone would blame Hayne for the loss, I dont see how they could. He played centre and played well.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:10 am

SI wrote:

Yep, can't for the life of me understand why Arthur wouldn't want to have one of Will Smith or Pritchard on the bench.  Surely that would give better value then Beau Scott doing exactly what one less backrower could do anyway? Pritchard was tough as nails for your mob last year until he got injured, and Will Smith can play pretty much anywhere, and do it in style.

Absolutely mate totally agree.
    Even if Athur didnt want to take King off, put smith in the back row to change the speed up for a while and use him as cover for the backs. They were too forward heavy and the speed of the panthers got them. In saying that, when Gutherson is back it will totally change how they play.

Also can we have a minute to talk about how fucking good Cleary played. I know its only one game in, but he is clearly the 7 for nsw. I was hoping they wouldnt put him in so early, but with the way he came out swinging they would be stupid to not have him. I would nearly even go with Cleary at 7 and Pearce at 6.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Pieman wrote:

He was outplayed by Waqa Blake - in saying that, blake played very very well.
    I dont think anyone would blame Hayne for the loss, I dont see how they could. He played centre and played well.

Hayne was directly opposed to Peachey so to say Blake "outplayed" Hayne, is a little disingenuous. Might as well say Cleary outplayed Hayne. Blake outplayed Jennings. And got more attacking opportunities than Hayne, but it wasn't Hayne that allowed him to have the game he had.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Ice wrote:

Hayne was directly opposed to Peachey so to say Blake "outplayed" Hayne, is a little disingenuous. Might as well say Cleary outplayed Hayne. Blake outplayed Jennings. And got more attacking opportunities than Hayne, but it wasn't Hayne that allowed him to have the game he had.

They both play centre tho.
    Blake was the best centre on the field, hence, Blake outplaying Hayne.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Pieman wrote:

Even if Athur didnt want to take King off, put smith in the back row to change the speed up for a while and use him as cover for the backs. They were too forward heavy and the speed of the panthers got them. In saying that, when Gutherson is back it will totally change how they play.

Also can we have a minute to talk about how fucking good Cleary played. I know its only one game in, but he is clearly the 7 for nsw. I was hoping they wouldnt put him in so early, but with the way he came out swinging they would be stupid to not have him. I would nearly even go with Cleary at 7 and Pearce at 6.

Still very early days but Cleary is exciting.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Pieman wrote:

They both play centre tho.
    Blake was the best centre on the field, hence, Blake outplaying Hayne.

Fair enough.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:53 pm

Pieman wrote:
    SI wrote:

Yep, can't for the life of me understand why Arthur wouldn't want to have one of Will Smith or Pritchard on the bench.  Surely that would give better value then Beau Scott doing exactly what one less backrower could do anyway? Pritchard was tough as nails for your mob last year until he got injured, and Will Smith can play pretty much anywhere, and do it in style.

As a Queenslander I feel he needs another 3 or 4 years before you put him under that sort of pressure!

Nah, another year would do him good but no reason why he can't step up this year. Would love nothing better than for him to link up with his old man at the Tiges. But that won't happen, our board won't do enough to stop the Roosters grabbing them.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Smith should take Taka's place on the bench, Alvaro is great but should come off the bench to shore up that middle when the rotations start. 14 - 0 up and dominating until the 4 bench players all got on the field. Think id rather have Gower in the team over Matagi and Evans can go back to reserve grade if he continues to be so soft
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Yeah, Gower has come good since being there.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:11 pm

Shanbon wrote:Smith should take Taka's place on the bench, Alvaro is great but should come off the bench to shore up that middle when the rotations start. 14 - 0 up and dominating until the 4 bench players all got on the field. Think id rather have Gower in the team over Matagi and Evans can go back to reserve grade if he continues to be so soft

I thought Taka was one of our best, I wouldn't lump him with the performance of the other benchies.

I agree about the make up of it though, it's just not quite right.

I'm a big Gower fan,think he is very underrated and unlike Matagi, generally mistake free.

Think I'd like to see Smith there, with Taka, Gower and only one of Vave, Evans or Matagi, one of which I'd be happy to have start if they step up with Alvaro coming on when Mannah is off. He has stepped up and I think we need either Mannah or Alvaro on at all times.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Taka was good with the ball in hand but defensively once moved in closer to the middle when Moses came back from HIA he struggled, he like the other bench players gave up so many after contact metres its not funny. If Taka is going to stay on the bench you cant have another small player(Smith) and they also need to change the timing of interchanges so that he is surrounded by workers like Brown and Alvaro
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:15 am

Shanbon wrote:Taka was good with the ball in hand but defensively once moved in closer to the middle when Moses came back from HIA he struggled, he like the other bench players gave up so many after contact metres its not funny. If Taka is going to stay on the bench you cant have another small player(Smith) and they also need to change the timing of interchanges so that he is surrounded by workers like Brown and Alvaro

Yep, fair enough. Agree with that.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:14 pm

Well after this performance BA needs to go back to last years defensive structure, he changed everything to fit Hayne in and its terrible. Hayne to wing as a direct replacement for Radradra, Jennings back to right edge with Moses, Taka back to left centre, Moeroa back to edge forward and piss that lazy Evans right off
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Shanbon wrote:Well after this performance BA needs to go back to last years defensive structure, he changed everything to fit Hayne in and its terrible. Hayne to wing as a direct replacement for Radradra, Jennings back to right edge with Moses, Taka back to left centre, Moeroa back to edge forward and piss that lazy Evans right off

Yep, terrible performance. Have said all along Hayne is a 1 or a wing andin this side he is best suited to the wing. He simply isn't a centre, but he also isn't the reason for these performances.

Evans is pooh, I was prepared to cut him some slack but he couldn't cut it as a starter at the Roosters and he is barely NRL standard. BA just has to accept he got this signing wrong and get Gower back in the side.

French
    Hayne
    Jennings
    Taka
    Leleisioua
    Moses
    Norman
    Mannah
    King
    Gower
    Meroa
    Mau
    Brown

Smith
    Alvaro
    Teredo
    Edwards

MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Only 2 games in, no need to hit the panic button though the performance today was pathetic, backed parra for the win and knew my money was gone after 10 minutes.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:11 pm

MrCashman wrote:Only 2 games in, no need to hit the panic button though the performance today was pathetic, backed parra for the win and knew my money was gone after 10 minutes.

It's not panic, it's just the reality, not up to scratch and we need to make some adjustments.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:28 pm

What happens when Gutho comes back? Starts in FB, French to centres, Hayne to reggies?
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:36 pm

ryno_ wrote:What happens when Gutho comes back? Starts in FB, French to centres, Hayne to reggies?

French and Hayne on wings, Hoffman and A'vua to Reggie's, simples!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:19 am

Shanbon wrote:Well after this performance BA needs to go back to last years defensive structure, he changed everything to fit Hayne in and its terrible. Hayne to wing as a direct replacement for Radradra, Jennings back to right edge with Moses, Taka back to left centre, Moeroa back to edge forward and piss that lazy Evans right off

Totally agree.
    I dont see the issue about playing on the wing these days. Good wingers have 15 plus carries a game and are amazing finishers. Wingers are no longer the worst players in the side.

The defence on the right especially was disgusting yesterday. And fucking moses, hes been shithouse this year. Why does he keep doing shit that gets him binned? Jennings was excellent on the right last season, 100% at the very least he should switch sides of the field with hayne.

Also, French is too small to play FB. His defence is non existent. Put Hayne back there until gutherson is ready.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:44 pm