NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Pieman
    Pieman

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 14 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Pieman Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:38 am

Ice wrote:

Some of the fitness drills? One long distance time trial, big deal. How do you know other outside backs didn't come come last? Do you have the results from every team? 16 players came last, who is to say one or more wasn't an outside back?

Went ok in his first trial, was one of our best as he usually is. But very early days.

No idea, but I would assume that the elite outside backs dont come last in fitness drills.
    Yep, its nothing to worry about especially if he is playing centre.

you do realise that hayne gets the media attention because of shit like this tho? He gets it because of his inconsistency on the field, his season of unbelievable brilliant football, rumours of being a poor trainer and rubbing team mates etc the wrong way, not winning anything at club level and coaches around him getting sacked, being a brilliant NSW winger and fullback, the off field run ins with multiple shady characters, quitting and going to the NFL and semi succeeding, "quitting" the nfl, not making the sevens fiji team (how can you hope to make a national sevens team if cant run longer distances), derailing the gold coast, being accused of raping a girl, being a devout mormon yet having a baby out of wedlock, begging to come back to parra. Prob some other things I am forgetting.

There is a reason he gets the attention and its rarely because of his on field footy

I really like hayne on the field when he is putting in and playing well. He is one of my fav players to watch and has been for some time. I hope he gets back to somewhere like his best, just like GI, but time will tell. Would love to see him stay out of the papers and only be in there on sundays
    Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 14 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:34 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Kardashians get media attention. I wouldn't call them A list movie stars though.

Easy targets aside: I don't think he'll scare teams like he did in years gone bye. Same as G.I. I might be wrong, but I think the glory days are behind them both.

I hope he doesn't scare teams and they take him lightly, that will be perfect for him and the Eels. He will tear those types of teams to shreds.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Pieman wrote:

No idea, but I would assume that the elite outside backs dont come last in fitness drills.
    Yep, its nothing to worry about especially if he is playing centre.

you do realise that hayne gets the media attention because of shit like this tho? He gets it because of his inconsistency on the field, his season of unbelievable brilliant football, rumours of being a poor trainer and rubbing team mates etc the wrong way, not winning anything at club level and coaches around him getting sacked, being a brilliant NSW winger and fullback, the off field run ins with multiple shady characters, quitting and going to the NFL and semi succeeding, "quitting" the nfl, not making the sevens fiji team (how can you hope to make a national sevens team if cant run longer distances), derailing the gold coast, being accused of raping a girl, being a devout mormon yet having a baby out of wedlock, begging to come back to parra. Prob some other things I am forgetting.

There is a reason he gets the attention and its rarely because of his on field footy

I really like hayne on the field when he is putting in and playing well. He is one of my fav players to watch and has been for some time. I hope he gets back to somewhere like his best, just like GI, but time will tell. Would love to see him stay out of the papers and only be in there on sundays

Thanks for the run down captain obvious, that makes it much clearer. I would never have known why he got the attention for all those things without you pointing it out.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:56 pm

well you say "hayne sells papers" as if there is no reason for it. He sells them because he is a walking media story.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Ice wrote:

I hope he doesn't scare teams and they take him lightly, that will be perfect for him and the Eels. He will tear those types of teams to shreds.

Meh. That's my point. I don't know if he's got it in him any more. GI certainly hasn't over the last couple.... though Slater's reincarnation certainly gives the old fogeys some hope.....
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:18 pm

dasherhalo wrote:

Meh. That's my point. I don't know if he's got it in him any more. GI certainly hasn't over the last couple.... though Slater's reincarnation certainly gives the old fogeys some hope.....

He hasn't had the Injury issues GI has, he simply didn't have the motivation last year. If he has that motivation, he still has the skills, so I think it's more an possible, I think it's probable.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Pieman wrote:well you say "hayne sells papers" as if there is no reason for it. He sells them because he is a walking media story.

No I don't, I say he sells papers for a whole bunch of reasons and it's why he is the most scrutinised player of the last decade, perhaps more.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:27 am

Ice wrote:

No I don't, I say he sells papers for a whole bunch of reasons and it's why he is the most scrutinised player of the last decade, perhaps more.

And mostly for good reason.
    He is an enigma on the field. And has issues off it. He is the perfect Daily Telegraph/rugby league story.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:28 am

Pieman wrote:

And mostly for good reason.
    He is an enigma on the field. And has issues off it. He is the perfect Daily Telegraph/rugby league story.

Der
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Pumped for Sunday. Happy with the team we have put on the park, would really make any changes myself.

With Gutho to come back in, and either Hoffman or Avua dropping it, if we can stay healthy we should be top 8 for sure and push for another top 4. Missing the 8 will be a big disappointment.

Losing to the Panthers, who notoriously start slowly, will be a blow also, even though I think they are a potential top 4 side if they fire.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:35 pm

Ice wrote:Pumped for Sunday. Happy with the team we have put on the park, would really make any changes myself.

With Gutho to come back in, and either Hoffman or Avua dropping it, if we can stay healthy we should be top 8 for sure and push for another top 4. Missing the 8 will be a big disappointment.

Losing to the Panthers, who notoriously start slowly, will be a blow also, even though I think they are a potential top 4 side if they fire.

der
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:48 pm

Pieman wrote:

der

Really?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:19 pm

Point 1
    its a good side. Der
    Point 2
    Top 4 last year, side has improved, should make top 4 again. Der.
    Missing top 8 would be dissapointing. Der.
    Point 3
    Losing first game to side not as good as you, big blow. Der. Panthers potential top 4 side, maybe not der. But Der.

Laughing
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:31 pm

Pieman wrote:Point 1
    its a good side. Der
    Point 2
    Top 4 last year, side has improved, should make top 4 again. Der.
    Missing top 8 would be dissapointing. Der.
    Point 3
    Losing first game to side not as good as you, big blow. Der. Panthers potential top 4 side, maybe not der. But Der.

Laughing

Ohhhhh, ok, thanks.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:00 am

Ice wrote:

Ohhhhh, ok, thanks.
    No worries Laughing
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:11 pm

Pieman wrote:
    No worries Laughing

Yep. I agree mate.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:24 pm

No Worries wrote:
    Pieman wrote:
    No worries Laughing

Yep. I agree mate.

cheer
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Ok first 30 followed by a woeful final 50.

We had nothing when Matagi and Evans replaced Mannah and Alvaro. We were well on top with our starting forwards but it went down hill here after.

I'm a big King fan but I think we really missed Will Smith or Kaysa on the bench.

Very tough to hold out a team with a man in the bin and another on the ground, not sure why we didn't get a penalty after Norman was hit late at that point. Also found it strange that a ball that was clearly gonna reach the ingoal, possibly go dead, hits the ref, affecting the play and play is allowed to continue and the Panthers score on the next tackle. That was a dagger.

Lots to think about there, think our bench needs work and surprisingly didn't think we kicked that well.

Still, I think both teams will make the 8 based on what we've seen this weekend. Will be interesting to see how we go against the Panthers in a few weeks.

French, Hayne, Mannah, Alvaro, Taka all solid.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Didn't see the game. How did chubby go ?
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:40 pm

No Worries wrote:Didn't see the game. How did chubby go ?

Comfortably one of our best in a side where we didn't have any standouts. Not a lot of opportunities in attack but drew players allowing hoffman a double. No errors, a few tackle busts, did his work coming out of our end, a couple try saves.

Basically a solid return that showed he is prepared to put in the effort, play his role in the team and not overplay his hand.

No doubt however he will cop the bulk of the blame for the loss simp,y because he wasn't the most dominant player on the field like people expect him to be every week.

Personally, I doubt many Parra fans will be disappointed with his game. Any other centre in the game plays like that and the coach and fans are happy and the media don't don't about it, but it's Hayne, so plenty will be said I imagine.

I thought French was our best today.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:22 am