NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

MrCashman
    MrCashman

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 13 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by MrCashman Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:42 am

French will kill it on the wing for the eels this year

Gutho at the back likewise

And will Tim Mannah ever pass a fkn ball
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 13 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 pm

MrCashman wrote:French will kill it on the wing for the eels this year

Gutho at the back likewise

And will Tim Mannah ever pass a fkn ball

Why would Mannah bother with passing the ball to some other bloke that is comparatively, just going to play the ball in slow motion??
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Why would Mannah bother with passing the ball to some other bloke that is comparatively, just going to play the ball in slow motion??

Exactly my thoughts Oz, spot on!! Fast and technically correct and efficient, meaning he won't be impacted by the refs crackdown. Very Happy
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 am

Milchcow wrote:

I too am amazed that en elite athlete could come LAST in a training drill. Especaily one against other elite athletes

I know at the Tigers, if anyone ever comes LAST in a training drill they are sacked from the club. Nobody should tolerate coming LAST

Please don't bother arguing with this post. I made the crappy joke I wanted to make, and now I'm done.
    lol!
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:07 am

A brief extract from "The Cumberland Throw"

Footnote: Jarryd Hayne was engaged in additional running as the team worked through their extras. The media likes to use the same image of Haynesy (taken on his first day of pre-season) in many of their columns about his fitness. The current photo would look much different.

There's never any mention of fullbacks from other teams as none of them get the media attention or sell papers like Hayne. Hence why him getting beaten by Arthur was apparently backpage news.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 am

Ice wrote:A brief extract from "The Cumberland Throw"

Footnote: Jarryd Hayne was engaged in additional running as the team worked through their extras. Because the trainers realised he was an unfit fat bludger.
    Running was his extras. That's what extras are

The media likes to use the same image of Haynesy (taken on his first day of pre-season) in many of their columns about his fitness. Because he was an unfit fat bludger, so much so the trainers gave him running as extras.
    The current photo would look much different. Because the trainers realised he was an unfit fat bludger and gave him running as extras.

There's never any mention of fullbacks from other teams as none of them get the media attention or sell papers like Hayne. Hence why him getting beaten by Arthur was apparently backpage news. Because they aren't fat unfit bludgers being given running as extras

Wait isn't the Cumberland throw Price's old move where he would trip players, later perfected by Alfie langer ? This publication wouldn't have a Parramatta bias would it ?
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:59 am

No Worries wrote:

Wait isn't the Cumberland throw Price's old move where he would trip players, later perfected by Alfie langer ?  This publication wouldn't have a Parramatta bias would it ?

Nobody has ever disputed he wasn't in his best condition. My point is, everyone's acting as if him coming last in a 5km trial, something he has never been in the top group of, is somehow world breaking news. His shape then will in no way reflect his shape came round one and the fact he is putting in the work that in years past he didn't is the point.

Yes, it's a Parra fan based piece. Not sure what that has to do with anything. Written by a guy who is well respected amongst fans and who watches every training session. I'd trust him to know where Hayne is at and how he has progressed more than the likes of Kent and the DT cronies. Plus, he has no self interest in lying about Haynes condition, he is a true fan and bullshitting about Hayne would only harm his own credibility.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:04 am

So if you dont dispute he wasn't in the best condition and nobody has said the author is lying. What is the point of the piece other than saying he was an unfit fat bludger, so much so the trainers gave him running as extras.

All I did was summarise the article into a single unbiased line.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:20 pm

No Worries wrote:So if you dont dispute he wasn't in the best condition and nobody has said the author is lying. What is the point of the piece other than saying he was an unfit fat bludger, so much so the trainers gave him running as extras.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed your unbiased piece more so than the original.

Personally, I would have gone with bludging, unfit, cross-eyed, egotistical, fat bastard....but each to their own
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:09 pm

No Worries wrote:So if you dont dispute he wasn't in the best condition and nobody has said the author is lying. What is the point of the piece other than saying he was an unfit fat bludger, so much so the trainers gave him running as extras.

Oh my fucking lord you guys are a struggle.

There was a massive non story about Hayne lacking condition, there has since been an Update,  but not in main stream media saying he has come a long way. How is any of that bias. It's just the reality of it all.

I posted the comment just to show that he has been putting in the work to improve at the request of the Eels coaching staff which is all anyone can expect. In the Eels thread, for other Eels fans who might be interested.  Move along.

And seriously,  what planet do you numpties live on that not going well in a 5km time trial automatically means you're unfit and fat. That's the only metric? Rightio????
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:28 am

So if in OSM's words being a a bludging, unfit, cross-eyed, egotistical, fat bastard is a massive non story why would now not being a bludging, unfit, cross-eyed, egotistical, fat bastard be a massive story ? That contradicts itself. The bottom line to all this is Buzz and his mates said Hayne was a fat lazy fuck and they were telling the truth as confirmed by the Eels training staff's actions after the story. End of story move on.

And as for not going well in a 5km time trial automatically making you fat and unfit. My basis for that is I'd be fucked over a 5km time trial and I am fat and unfit. But I'm not being paid a million bucks to be an elite athlete.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 am

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-jarryd-haynes-parramatta-eels-comeback-brad-arthur-speaks-out-on-superstar/news-story/e2ccb111f53590122f54f74a797db8a5

“He’s been great. People like to make opinions about players from the outside looking in but it’s not unless you’re in the inner sanctum that you know exactly what’s going on,” Arthur said.

“While it’s been reported that his fitness levels aren’t great, they’re better than I’ve seen from him but he’s not the sort of person that’s going to win a 5km sand beach trial or 2km time sprints. But the stuff where we’ve got the football in hand and the more powerful explosive type training he’s been in our best five every time.

“He’s added a real class factor to our team - but the other part of it is, he’s not our team. He’s just Jarryd Hayne and he’s got a role to play in the team like everyone else and we’re not reliant upon him and he probably is enjoying that role as well, that he can just come and play his football.

“You know he’s going to have a bit of pressure on him but it’s not that we need him to do this or do that for us to be competitive.”

Hayne will play his comeback game for Parra on Saturday vs the Knights in Maitland. Arthur said the opportunity was there for Hayne to extend his stay, having signed a one-season deal worth about $500,000, if things went well this year.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen from there but it was always discussed with Jarryd that, 2018, come back, prove himself, earn another contract moving forward with the club,” Arthur said.

“Long-term, I’m sure we want and he wants to finish his NRL career at our club. But at the moment, he’s got to worry about this weekend, then the next weekend and making sure he’s consistent for us week-in, week-out.”

And now we cross live to Ice;

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 13 2Q==
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:06 am

ryno_ wrote:http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-jarryd-haynes-parramatta-eels-comeback-brad-arthur-speaks-out-on-superstar/news-story/e2ccb111f53590122f54f74a797db8a5

“He’s been great. People like to make opinions about players from the outside looking in but it’s not unless you’re in the inner sanctum that you know exactly what’s going on,” Arthur said.

“While it’s been reported that his fitness levels aren’t great, they’re better than I’ve seen from him but he’s not the sort of person that’s going to win a 5km sand beach trial or 2km time sprints. But the stuff where we’ve got the football in hand and the more powerful explosive type training he’s been in our best five every time.

“He’s added a real class factor to our team - but the other part of it is, he’s not our team. He’s just Jarryd Hayne and he’s got a role to play in the team like everyone else and we’re not reliant upon him and he probably is enjoying that role as well, that he can just come and play his football.

“You know he’s going to have a bit of pressure on him but it’s not that we need him to do this or do that for us to be competitive.”

Hayne will play his comeback game for Parra on Saturday vs the Knights in Maitland. Arthur said the opportunity was there for Hayne to extend his stay, having signed a one-season deal worth about $500,000, if things went well this year.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen from there but it was always discussed with Jarryd that, 2018, come back, prove himself, earn another contract moving forward with the club,” Arthur said.

“Long-term, I’m sure we want and he wants to finish his NRL career at our club. But at the moment, he’s got to worry about this weekend, then the next weekend and making sure he’s consistent for us week-in, week-out.”

And now we cross live to Ice;

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 13 2Q==

Nice article. Good burn lol!
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:04 am

ryno_ wrote:
    “While it’s been reported that his fitness levels aren’t great, they’re better than I’ve seen from him

"Since I started seeing him in December".
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:38 am

Dip wrote:

"Since I started seeing him in December".

The good thing about the article is that we'd know a game of rugby league isn't about winning an early season time trial.

he is top 5 always with ball in hand, powerful training and explosive training, right where we want our centres I'd imagine.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Ice wrote:

Nice article. Good burn lol!
    Imagine if he came out and said, yeah its not good enough, so we made him run extras to get him into shape.
    I mean, he isnt going to come out and rubbish his biggest name and most sensitive player
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 pm

Ice wrote:A brief extract from "The Cumberland Throw"

Footnote: Jarryd Hayne was engaged in additional running as the team worked through their extras. The media likes to use the same image of Haynesy (taken on his first day of pre-season) in many of their columns about his fitness. The current photo would look much different.

There's never any mention of fullbacks from other teams as none of them get the media attention or sell papers like Hayne. Hence why him getting beaten by Arthur was apparently backpage news.

nah billy slater and co dont sell papers ...
    they would sell even more if they came LAST Very Happy in some of the fitness drills

We get it ice
    most people think that elite outside backs shouldnt come last in fitness drills
    you dont - and the arthur abstract says he is happy with how he is going.

it wasnt a big story nope, it was certainly a decent talking point though especially when you compare him to other elite outside backs

will be interesting to see how he goes. Centre is prob good for him though so he can check in and out of games like he use to at fullback without standing out so much
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Pieman wrote:

they would sell even more if they came LAST Very Happy  in some of the fitness drills

We get it ice
    most people think that elite outside backs shouldnt come last in fitness drills
    you dont - and the arthur abstract says he is happy with how he is going.

it wasnt a big story nope, it was certainly a decent talking point though especially when you compare him to other elite outside backs

will be interesting to see how he goes. Centre is prob good for him though so he can check in and out of games like he use to at fullback without standing out so much

Some of the fitness drills? One long distance time trial, big deal. How do you know other outside backs didn't come come last? Do you have the results from every team? 16 players came last, who is to say one or more wasn't an outside back?

Went ok in his first trial, was one of our best as he usually is. But very early days.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Pieman wrote:

they would sell even more if they came LAST Very Happy  in some of the fitness drills

I never said they don't sell papers, I said they "don't get the media attention or sell papers like Hayne", that's an indisputable fact.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Kardashians get media attention. I wouldn't call them A list movie stars though.

Easy targets aside: I don't think he'll scare teams like he did in years gone bye. Same as G.I. I might be wrong, but I think the glory days are behind them both.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 am