NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

leaguegod

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:26 am

Ice wrote:

Agreed

yeah they can't move gutherson out to centre/wing when norman return, has to stay in a key position

moses is always gonna be poor defensively, thats never gonna change, eels have to make sure the guy on his inside and outside limit the damage and moses needs to make sure what he does with the ball makes up for it. time will tell
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 2 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:08 am

Pieman wrote:Surely the team is better with Gutherson at fullback and french on the wing????

I'd put Moses back to FB before Gutherson.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:16 am

i thought about that too OSM but i would worry about having french and moses in the back 3 for kick returns/early set runs. semi can't be the only one helping out early in the set
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:25 am

leaguegod wrote:i thought about that too OSM but i would worry about having french and moses in the back 3 for kick returns/early set runs. semi can't be the only one helping out early in the set

It's a fair point but they do have fairly active centre's in that area with Auva'a and Taka doing a fair bit of work.

They also have a fairly mobile backrow and bench, who seem to make it back and assist for tackles 2/3/4

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 am

While we are talking about the Eels and given that fuck-knuckle CJ doesn't grace this forum, I'm happy to admit that I am thoroughly enjoying watching them play - particularly that game last weekend, geez it was gutsy and entertaining at the same time.

Outside of Bennett, I rate Brad Arthur so highly and see him on the same sort of rung as Bellamy and Hasler.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:45 am

There are missed tackles, and there are missed tackles. Matt Gillett for example is 7th in missed tackles this year, but that is because he tries to come out of the line at the right time and smash players in a momentum changing tackle. Often the attacker either bounces off him or puts on a step, but in either case gets cleaned up by the defensive line a metre later. Same with Lockyer. He was never a great one on one front on defender, so he used to position himself in such a way that he didn't often have to make one on one tackles, and the attackers were instead "herded" to the inside defender, who would be someone like Tonie Carroll (and it does rely on having the right style defender inside you). In a 400 game career, he didn't really miss that many tackles that lead to line breaks or tries.

Mitchell Moses is not one of those guys, he just badly misses tackles. Over time you can improve your defence (like Jarrod Crocker or Corey Norman have), so he either needs to do this in a hurry, or do what Lockyer did, and get himself in the right position, and have a guy like Ma'u as his protector. Or become a guy like JT, who isn't the best defender in the world (although not as bad as many would have you believe), but be good enough in attack and organisation to be worth 2 tries more a game to your team.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:15 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

And that is a perfect example of why you are an utter bumbling simpleton
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:30 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:While we are talking about the Eels and given that fuck-knuckle CJ doesn't grace this forum, I'm happy to admit that I am thoroughly enjoying watching them play - particularly that game last weekend, geez it was gutsy and entertaining at the same time.

Outside of Bennett, I rate Brad Arthur so highly and see him on the same sort of rung as Bellamy and Hasler.

That's very nice of you to say Oz. Given the pasting Arthur was getting early, it really is amazing what he has done with the squad he has had and has and you are right, that win against NZ was massive given the outs already AND the ones sustained during the game. We aren't contenders, but at least we are competitors, and Arthur has much to do with it.

No team has the injuries we do at the moment and we are still competing.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:33 am

Dip wrote:There are missed tackles, and there are missed tackles. Matt Gillett for example is 7th in missed tackles this year, but that is because he tries to come out of the line at the right time and smash players in a momentum changing tackle. Often the attacker either bounces off him or puts on a step, but in either case gets cleaned up by the defensive line a metre later. Same with Lockyer. He was never a great one on one front on defender, so he used to position himself in such a way that he didn't often have to make one on one tackles, and the attackers were instead "herded" to the inside defender, who would be someone like Tonie Carroll (and it does rely on having the right style defender inside you). In a 400 game career, he didn't really miss that many tackles that lead to line breaks or tries.

Mitchell Moses is not one of those guys, he just badly misses tackles. Over time you can improve your defence (like Jarrod Crocker or Corey Norman have), so he either needs to do this in a hurry, or do what Lockyer did, and get himself in the right position, and have a guy like Ma'u as his protector. Or become a guy like JT, who isn't the best defender in the world (although not as bad as many would have you believe), but be good enough in attack and organisation to be worth 2 tries more a game to your team.

Relatively fair point, if not nigh on impossible to disprove, but sound enough. #illallowit
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:52 am

This might sound bad but I am kind of happy that Pritchard is out for the season. Its going to work out for his own good IMO. The guy goes off every match for a HIA and half the time doesn't pass. It appears he has had a few concussions this year already - having the rest of the season off might be good for him in the long term.

I reckon he would have had the most HIA this season. The guy needs to change his tackling style or he is going to have a very short career IMO.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 am

Scott out for the season with a busted bicep too
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Still?
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 am

What's this talk of Lichaa to Eels possible after requesting immediate release??

No thanks, give Cameron king a crack, I like him. Lichaas service from DH is dreadful, he thinks he is the teams cheif playmaker.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:57 am

Sad news for a true legend of the game. Brett Kenny diagnosed with cancer. Shit disease, all the best goes out to Brett and his family.

Last edited by No Worries on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:12 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Shocked
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:57 am

Pieman wrote:

Shocked

Obviously haven't been back to this thread for some time and given you seem to be like a dog with a bone regarding that comment, I might as well attempt to educate you..........once again Rolling Eyes

The point I made wasn't at all a dig at Gutherson.
    I rate the bloke very highly and it was in fact a comment saying that the Eels would be better off leaving in place what was a highly effective halves pairing at the time, as opposed to introducing a new halves pairing and a new fullback at the same time and midway through the season.

It has been no surprise to me that Gutherson has adapted well to the FB role.
    Whether Parra would have been better off with Gutho at half or FB will never be known.

Although one thing is for sure and that is if he was playing half and not FB he would have been putting someone through that gap, rather than backing up and thus he wouldn't have done his ACL......
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:33 am

Good win without our first choice 9 and our best player so far this year. Moses starting to work out nice
    Y.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    lol!

Too fucking funny

Moses at fullback over Gutherson

Gut busting laugh there

Was a great win. They showed some real cunt in that game the Eels.
    Kenny edwards is so good to watch play. Fuck me dead he is a goose, every single game he does something that is utterly hilarious.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:29 pm

Pieman wrote:This might sound bad but I am kind of happy that Pritchard is out for the season. Its going to work out for his own good IMO. The guy goes off every match for a HIA and half the time doesn't pass. It appears he has had a few concussions this year already - having the rest of the season off might be good for him in the long term.

I reckon he would have had the most HIA this season. The guy needs to change his tackling style or he is going to have a very short career IMO.

Named in the 21.....
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:29 pm

they had their chance to put Moses in fullback tonight Ozzy. Didnt do it

Basketball

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am