NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Ice

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Ice Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:46 pm

No Worries wrote:You never hear anyone saying "I want to play with Hayne" either

That's not true. In fact, the Fiji players raved about his impact on the side, players who have played with him at Origin always refute made up media reports that he is a primadonna.

Hindmarsh has previously stated that he had a tendency to dance to the beat of his own drum at training, but never indicated he was bad for the team.

You never hear players saying "I don't want to play with Hayne"
    wizard333

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 9 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by wizard333 Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:05 pm

No Worries wrote:You never hear anyone saying "I want to play with Hayne" either

Hmmmmm ... not quite true http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/kava-farmer-semi-radradra-drawn-to-eels-by-jarryd-hayne-20140310-hvgtn.html

Flip Off
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:06 pm

Ice wrote:

That's not true. In fact, the Fiji players raved about his impact on the side, players who have played with him at Origin always refute made up media reports that he is a primadonna.

Hindmarsh has previously stated that he had a tendency to dance to the beat of his own drum at training, but never indicated he was bad for the team.

You never hear players saying "I don't want to play with Hayne"

No because that would be unprofessional. Ever heard the saying "it's not what you do say but what you don't"

And as for the kava farmer, I've paid $20 a day to be waited on like a king by true Fijian's suppressed by the Indian Fijians, is it any surprise they look up to someone who has made it in the big league.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:49 am

So there is evidence that doesn't support your argument, and no evidence, just a funny old saying, that does support it. Rightio!
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Righto lads.

If you want to believe that Hayne is a good buy, will flourish under the new coach, and won't cause disharmony in a unit that's definitely on the rise, that's fine by me.

Doesn't impact me or my club in any way shape or form, so I guess it's got nothing to do with the rest of us.

Ice

Post by Ice Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:13 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Righto lads.

If you want to believe that Hayne is a good buy, will flourish under the new coach, and won't cause disharmony in a unit that's definitely on the rise, that's fine by me.

Doesn't impact me or my club in any way shape or form, so I guess it's got nothing to do with the rest of us.

We know he can be one of the best in the game, we know he can earn $1.2m and we've signed him for $500k, we know when he plays for Brad Arthur he has gone well enough to win the Dally M, we know he has a strong relationship with Arthur, we know he remained very close to many Eels players and there was never any suggestion from teammates or coaches when he has previously been with the Eels, NSW, Australia or Fiji that he was a "cancer" or created disharmony amongst the playing group, or was a bad influence. Just that he wasn't the best trainer and Henry. Didn't have the ability to deal with that.

All we know about his time at the Titans is he underperformed at a club we all knew he didn't really want to be at under a coach who lost the playing group like he had done at Canberra and North Queensland. Make no mistake, if Hayne left and the Titans had held onto Henry, Ash Taylor would not be there. Why do you think they brought Brennan in? A guy with a clear link and strong relationship with Taylor, who got him signed in no time and wasn't ever overly concerned about Jarryds position and was happy to grant a release on compassionate grounds. Cause unlike Henry, it wasn't all about the coach, he wasn't totally inflexible, it was about what was best for Hayne and the team.

So basically history tells us that Henry is a shite Man Manager and Hayne has never previously been the subject of allegations of disharmony or fallen ill of coaches like happened at the Titans. We also know he can be exceptional or just ok or can seemingly go missing, and most put that down to his mental strength, which is fair enough.

We also know if he is truly motivated, he can achieve things most other can't. We know he always performs well the season after he participates in a World Cup, so as I've said before, there is no evidence that he will cause disharmony amongst the playing group or with the coach and in fact history suggests the opposite.

The only question anyone should be concerned about is can he find his 2014 form. It's a big ask, but honestly, at $500k, I'd take 75% of that form. That is all that is at risk.

Sure, if we don't make finals, Hayne will cop all the blame regardless of how he plays but he is pretty used to that.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:42 am

Ice wrote:So there is evidence that doesn't support your argument, and no evidence, just a funny old saying, that does support it. Rightio!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jarryd-haynes-attitude-continues-to-cause-concern-on-the-gold-coast/news-story/c50e6ecfe4181758eb8fe871dcbacbca

Cancer definition, a malignant and invasive growth or tumor, especially one originating in Parramatatta
    wizard333

Post by wizard333 Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:35 pm

No Worries

Despite being proven wrong you continue with childish efforts to change the subject and refuse to admit you were wrong. Absolutely pathetic.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:05 pm

No Worries wrote:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jarryd-haynes-attitude-continues-to-cause-concern-on-the-gold-coast/news-story/c50e6ecfe4181758eb8fe871dcbacbca

Cancer definition, a malignant and invasive growth or tumor, especially one originating in Parramatatta

That article highlights a couple of key points.
    1) Henry punishes everyone for the discretions of one. That right there shows you he is not up to coaching professional athletes and at best could be a poor school teacher. I doubt you'd find another coach in the NRL who would do that.
    2) Kent had no internal player sources and clearly has no idea what the players think. If I am a player I'd be waaaay more annoyed at the coach than Hayne for that. I'd be "hey coach, punish him not us if you've got an issue" it's like at a bar with 8 mates, all behaving but one gets a bit pissy and the barkeep cuts evryone off, im not angry at my mate for going a tad overboard, I'm like "fuck you barkeep" A good barman cuts the guy off, has a quiet word to a couple of the other boys and says "hey fellas, look after your mate and you are sweet"
    3) we learn nothing new about Hayne, we know he is an average trainer and always has been. Big deal. Two other coaches have managed to enable that poor trainer to win a Dally M.

I think the Titans will improve some way next year. Some will argue it's because Hayne is gone, others will argue it's because Henry is gone. The reality is, in my view, it's a little from column A and a lot more from column B. Brennan will prove a far superior man manager than Henry could ever hope to be and the players will come out with praise for him and what he brings. And I can guarantee not one player will say it's because Hayne has gone, because the truth of the matter is, in most (not all) cases the coach invariably has a far greater influence on the playing group than an individual player.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:31 pm

How about Paul Kent? That dick is one hell of a cunt (haha). In the article above he says Hayne will take up his option cause there is NO interest from anyone else at that price, basically arguing the option in his favour is way over (which most would agree with given his form then and since.

Then on NRL 360 he has a sook and an whinge and says the deal stinks and doesn't accept that $500k is his market value. Fucking imbecile.

So if nobody is will to sign him at any price, and let's be honest, he had NO other suitors, and the Titans don't even bat an eyelid at his request for a release, getting them out of a contract they totally had the wrong end of, just what exactly is he worth Kent.

Honestly, is there a bigger noob jourrno going round right now (bus's excluded)?
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Ahhh, the penny drops. I always figured Kent had an axe to grind with the Eels, but never knew why, now I know. Played 1 game for the Eels back in 89 and never to be seen again. Little pissant.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 am

So Hayne had 800k under the salary cap of titans (other 400k was a sponsorship with tripadeal) signs for 500k which is a 37.5% paycut and some people like Kent have a problem with it but when Korbin Sims walks out on a 400k deal at the knights to sign a 2nd teir 80k contract at the Broncos a 80% paycut nobody cares. What about all the other guys who sign well below market value to play for a certain coach and nothing is done? The only time that rule has been applied was against the Eels with Folau
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:20 am

Shanbon wrote:So Hayne had 800k under the salary cap of titans (other 400k was a sponsorship with tripadeal) signs for 500k which is a 37.5% paycut and some people like Kent have a problem with it but when Korbin Sims walks out on a 400k deal at the knights to sign a 2nd teir 80k contract at the Broncos a 80% paycut nobody cares. What about all the other guys who sign well below market value to play for a certain coach and nothing is done? The only time that rule has been applied was against the Eels with Folau

Exactly, it's a fucking joke. Kent has no idea. Someone needs to call him out on twitter lol!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 am

Yeah its very hypocritical from Kent, you would think he would remember the original article and know better.

And absolutely, there is a certain club that players and fan's openly toot about players signing for less to play there yet rarely a word is said about it in the media.

Also, for 500k on the cap I reckon there would have been a heap of interest in Hayne from other clubs. That's a great price for him. Surely he has some TPA that will bump him up well over a million
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:38 am

the media in general seem to be fairly critical of the signing because of his prima-dona like attitude and how he could hurt what they were building more then help

it seems to me that believing that and also believing that the eels got hayne on the books for to low of a value is rather contradictory.

it also should be noted that by the end of hayne's time at the titans, every rugby league fan would have agreed he was grossly overpaid for what he gave them so what he was on there seems rather irrelevant to his next deal to me.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:36 pm

leaguegod wrote:the media in general seem to be fairly critical of the signing because of his prima-dona like attitude and how he could hurt what they were building more then help

it seems to me that believing that and also believing that the eels got hayne on the books for to low of a value is rather contradictory.

it also should be noted that by the end of hayne's time at the titans, every rugby league fan would have agreed he was grossly overpaid for what he gave them so what he was on there seems rather irrelevant to his next deal to me.

I think it's fair to say neither side can have it both ways.

The media

He's all hype was over paid and has signed for market value

or

NRL

A player who in half a season propelled his team to a finals birth and is the incumbent NSW center is worth $1m like we paid him and not $500k which we are letting Parramatta value him at.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:45 pm

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/ryan-james-exclusive-column-how-titans-will-build-from-within-following-jarryd-haynes-exit/news-story/c981f436f17189555b2af837afae305e

More evidence Hayne wasn't an issue amongst the playing group via article with Ryan James, who basically said he was good for the team the club and the group, but made it clear Brennan has been the driver for cultural change. Based on the old adage that if you don't have anything good to say about someone don't say anything at all, it was interesting to note James said nothing about Henry!v

But no doubt next year whenthe Titans improve, all the blame will be laid at Haynes feet.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:43 am

Ice wrote:https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/titans/ryan-james-exclusive-column-how-titans-will-build-from-within-following-jarryd-haynes-exit/news-story/c981f436f17189555b2af837afae305e

More evidence Hayne wasn't an issue amongst the playing group via article with Ryan James, who basically said he was good for the team the club and the group, but made it clear Brennan has been the driver for cultural change. Based on the old adage that if you don't have anything good to say about someone don't say anything at all, it was interesting to note James said nothing about Henry!v

But no doubt next year whenthe Titans improve, all the blame will be laid at Haynes feet.

Serious ?? Not a single word in that article says he was liked or a team player, just that his noteriatry was good financially for the club. As you rightly point out if you don't have anything good to say about someone don't say anything at all.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 am

You need to read the article again. It was a clear defence of Hayne, he mentioned he was injured and always gave the best he could, what more can he do. If he didn't rate/like the bloke,he wouldn't have made any comments about him playing hurt and he said the playing group was in no way splintered. (I.e. They were ALL happy to see Henry go) and he respects and understands Haynes decision. He didn't say nothing at all about Hayne, he said plenty about him and none of it was bad, so that isn't saying nothing at all. Re Henry, all he said was, when the "coach" (didn't even refer to him by name, like he'd been wipe down from the teams memory) was sacked, the playing group were United.

Again, NEVER has a player come out and said Hayne is not likeable or selfish, and in fact the opposite still remains true, p,ayers continue to say they like him as a p,Ayer and a person and offer a defence of him based on the shite he cops from the media and social media hacks.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:24 pm

news dropping re Hayne being accused of rape in the states

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 am