NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Dip

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by Dip Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:58 pm

If true Eels should be heavily fined for negotiating with a contracted player with 12 months remaining on his contract (that's still a thing isn't it?). Of course, that assumes the Titans didn't give approval for him to negotiate with other clubs. Truth be told, they probably organised the meeting between Hayne and the Eels. They probably flew him down first class and said the Eels organised it.
    leaguegod

2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away. - Page 8 Empty Re: 2020 Parramatta Eels Thread......Lets not get carried away.

Post by leaguegod Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:00 pm

i think its unlikely hayne has signed anything and if he does indeed sign, i would suspect the titans will at the very least recoup whatever he has been paid for this year (since 1/11 or whatever the start date is) in order for him to be given the release, they have no obligation to just let him go for nothing anyways
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:00 pm

No Worries wrote:Sounds like half a story.

Yep he is entitled to pocket $180k (Nov/Dec) before he is due to return in Jan. But how can he be signing with another club ? There has to be more to the story than Hayne is a money hungry lazy grub. Do the titans need to release him ? do they want to release him ? Do they charge a $200K get out of contract early fee ?

If the Titans got away with only paying Hayne $180K and that being the only amount included in their 2018 Cap, then that's a win for them. Hayne would be a $600K/year max player on the open market at the moment, and even that is a big if.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Dip wrote:If true Eels should be heavily fined for negotiating with a contracted player with 12 months remaining on his contract (that's still a thing isn't it?). Of course, that assumes the Titans didn't give approval for him to negotiate with other clubs. Truth be told, they probably organised the meeting between Hayne and the Eels. They probably flew him down first class and said the Eels organised it.

The 12 month thing is the longest 12 month the world has ever seen and is what has caused the Pearce debacle.

2017 season finished 31st Oct 2017
    2018 Season begun 1st Nov 2017
    A player contracted to a club for 2019 can begin negotiations with other clubs without their current clubs permission 1st Nov. 2017 as there is only 1 season left on their contract.

As for your next comment, it's a win win for the Titans, Haynes a cancer, they can spend the money on the players who won the NSW Cup that the new coach is cherry picking.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 pm

iF this story is true, which I highly doubt, I find it funny that some might level the accusation that Hayne is "Money Hungry", given he walked away from a million dollar co tract before to earn far far less, and that if he does it again here, he again is sacrificing money.

I think Hayne is entitled to request a release whenever he wants, as is any player and waiting till the year is finished and he is due to return seems logical enough. Do I like it, not particularly, but others have done worse.

Still, I don't think it's happening is my gut feel. I think he will be a Titan next year.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:00 am

hayne had a player option for this year, he took it, the club then made a decision between him and the coach, they chose hayne, players have handled sisutations worse in the past but its still pretty bad no matter how you look at it

in saying that, i do agree that i don't think hayne's motivations for doing whatver he does here has anything to do with money, i think its more him rathering the positive storylines that come with playing with a good eels team rather then the obvious fact that he is likely to cop a fair share of the blame when the titans struggle all year.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:23 am

If he isnt due back until after the world cup then I guess its ok that he hasnt requested the release and announced the deal with parra (if true). It still looks fucking bad tho IMO.. fairly deceitful.

I think if its true, its a good signing for Parra. You get him half price, he fights for the fullback role and if he gets it he would have had to work fucking hard to get it over gutherson. If he doesnt he replaces Semi or a centre. Its a no brainer IMO. He could be great again under arthur or he could kick stones and fade off into french rugby.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:47 pm

So hayne has officially been released. Appears he will be joining parra. Its a great signing for them IMO.

Make u wonder tho, why he would come out and refute the rumours. I mean, yeah maybe he is right - maybe he didnt ask his manager to look at clubs in sydney exactly - but its pretty obvious that it was correct that he was leaving the titans to sign with parra.

Why not just say nothing, or say its true? I dont understand.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:28 am

He says something, not nothing because his issue is his head, hope he brings his 2009/2014/Make an NFL roster brain.

My question now is where does he play. Centre seems the likely option but I though Taka and Jennings were exceptional for us last year. I honestly think he should play outside Jennings on the wing in a former Origin combination. I think he is a great straight swap for Semi.

Looking at our Roater before his signing, I wasn't convinced we could make the top 4 again, but figured we should make the 8 and compete strongly in the Semis if Norman and Moses continue to fire, but I don't think we were a Premiership side. Now with his signing, I think Top 8 is still the most likely outcome, however, if he fires, he just might provide that little extra that could help us sneak into a GF. Conversely, the test for Arthur will be, is he prepared to drop him if it isn't working out. A risk he can probably take given the low salary, something Henry didn't have the luxury of doing if he thought it needed to happen (which personally I don't think it did).

Tim Mannah (and his play the balls) will be key in all this. He and Hayne are very close so if Mannah can keep him in check and get him putting in at training, then look out, he could easily be the buy of the year.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:34 am

taka was good once paired with semi again, who knows how he goes without that relationship

i think taka can do a job from the bench because he can play backrow but still be your injury cover guy, i know putting hayne on the wing probably has your best 7 backs starting but i still don't think you get best you could get from the squad that way

i've said before, i think the risk/reward is worth it, if hayne has one his years where he doesn't give a shit, eels won't the title, but i don't think they win without him either. if he has one of his good year, then i put the eels alongside the top 3 to be a legitamte chance, its a risk worth taking for sure

ice, to your credit, you have maintained your hayne love throughout all the highs and lows but working with 3 other eels fans and having 2 others as mates, the backflips from god to cunt back to god have been swift lol
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:07 am

He will tear the fabric of the club apart and the hearts of the supporters out of their chests along with it.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 am

No Worries wrote:He will tear the fabric of the club apart and the hearts of the supporters out of their chests along with it.

Could go either way but I'm leaning towards it being a spectacular failure.

I rate Arthur very highly but to be fair Henry wasn't too dissimilar in terms his no-nonsense, older school approach.

I honestly don't think the Eels need Hayne to win the omp but hopefully Arthur doesn't have the same sort of off-field pressures that I'm certain Henry had.

Now that he's confirmed, where do you play him?

My opinion and I said this before he went to NFL was that his best position is as a half....but that just happens to be Moses and Norman's best position's also.

If I'm Arthur, I would be training the shit out of the lazy bastard over the off season and get him back playing FB - sucks for Gutho but he is versatile enough to stay in the best 17 and there are bound to be injuries that dictate changes to the spine throughout the season.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:41 am

Ice wrote:
    Tim Mannah (and his play the balls) will be key in all this. He and Hayne are very close so if Mannah can keep him in check and get him putting in at training, then look out, he could easily be the buy of the year.

Ridiculous comment.

Not that it is in any way untrue........more that even you and I could be the buys of the year behind the brilliantly rapid Mannah play the balls
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:13 pm

I wouldn't pick Hayne over anyone in the Eels backline
    Gutherson
    Auva'a
    M. Jennings
    Takairangi
    French
    Norman
    Moses

Hayne can't play ctr as he can't pass & is too greedy. Stick him on the wing but why spend all that money on a winger.
    Solution = don't sign Hayne but instead use the money on a quality front rower which they badly need.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:25 am

Disagree, he clearly takes Ava's spot or Taka.

Whether he plays centre, fullback or wing is debatable though and dont forget that Gutherson is coming off a knee reconstruction so he might be better suited to centre or wing coming back from the injury.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:29 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I rate Arthur very highly but to be fair Henry wasn't too dissimilar in terms his no-nonsense, older school approach.

If I'm Arthur, I would be training the shit out of the lazy bastard over the off season and get him back playing FB - sucks for Gutho but he is versatile enough to stay in the best 17 and there are bound to be injuries that dictate changes to the spine throughout the season.

The difference is, you regularly hear players talking about how much they love arthur and you never hear players talking about how much they love henry.

Also, wouldnt you put Moses at fullback before gutherson? hehe
    As unreal as gutherson was last season, I reckon hayne plays fb with gutho on the wing and they just rotate around.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:39 am

leaguegod wrote:taka was good once paired with semi again, who knows how he goes without that relationship

i think taka can do a job from the bench because he can play backrow but still be your injury cover guy, i know putting hayne on the wing probably has your best 7 backs starting but i still don't think you get best you could get from the squad that way

i've said before, i think the risk/reward is worth it, if hayne has one his years where he doesn't give a shit, eels won't the title, but i don't think they win without him either. if he has one of his good year, then i put the eels alongside the top 3 to be a legitamte chance, its a risk worth taking for sure

ice, to your credit, you have maintained your hayne love throughout all the highs and lows but working with 3 other eels fans and having 2 others as mates, the backflips from god to cunt back to god have been swift lol

Thanks LG, some fans are so fickle, he took us on a wild ride in his last stint, but I know for sure I wouldn't have had the fun of 2009 if he wasn't Inc the squad, it would have just been ongoing disappointment.

As Arthur has said, no player has sacrificed what he has financially to return, or to leave the first time for that matter. He is coming for the right reasons and if all that gets his head in the right space, then the upside is very big at the price. The downside is, Arthur sits him in reserves, but I'm confident it doesn't affect Arthur's control and the rest of the teams buy in. We are in a much better space than we have been. If Hayne can do his thing of the back of an Improving Moses/Norman and King, maybe, just maybe he can get a chance to be the FB we know he can be.

I'm positive about the move.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:42 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Could go either way but I'm leaning towards it being a spectacular failure.

I honestly don't think the Eels need Hayne to win the omp but hopefully Arthur doesn't have the same sort of off-field pressures that I'm certain Henry had.

Now that he's confirmed, where do you play him?

My opinion and I said this before he went to NFL was that his best position is as a half....but that just happens to be Moses and Norman's best position's also.

Henry and Arthur are worlds apart. Henry is a tactician who has proven he can't man manage. Arthur is a man manger first and foremost who clearly gets the best out of his troops and is a guy players want to play for. I've never heard a player say "I really want to play under Henry" he just doesn't have that reputation.
    Ice

Post by Ice Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:46 am

White Lightning wrote:I wouldn't pick Hayne over anyone in the Eels backline
    Gutherson
    Auva'a
    M. Jennings
    Takairangi
    French
    Norman
    Moses

Hayne can't play ctr as he can't pass & is too greedy. Stick him on the wing but why spend all that money on a winger.
    Solution = don't sign Hayne but instead use the money on a quality front rower which they badly need.

This is pretty daft.

He won't be the highest paid winger in the game at that price and he is Miles ahead of Auva'a.

And it's all well and good to say spend the money on a Front Rower, but 1) there needs to be one a ailable, 2) we still have cash for that IF one becomes available and 3) Haynes upside is waaaaaaay bigger that any front rower that may be available, especially when our pack, without any big names, competes week in week out, as testament to our top 4 finish last year.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:08 pm

You never hear anyone saying "I want to play with Hayne" either

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 pm