NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Official Parramatta Eels on the Up 2017 (cause we couldn't get any lower) Thread

ryno_

Re: Official Parramatta Eels on the Up 2017 (cause we couldn't get any lower) Thread

Post by ryno_ on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Ice wrote:

I agree, I only needed one look to know it was a shoulder charge and based on past shoulder charges he should have got a week (plea and carry overs not withstanding).

I think the rule is stupid myself, especially if there is no dangerous contact with the head, but the precedence is there that guys have missed a week for a perfectly good shoulder charge.

Blurry, but its not a shoulder charge. His arm isnt tucked in at all.

Dip

Re: Official Parramatta Eels on the Up 2017 (cause we couldn't get any lower) Thread

Post by Dip on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Pieman wrote:haha what? he had his arm up?
    His arm wasnt tucked against his side was it

For starters it hit the front of his shoulder (ie adjoining the chest) not the point of the shoulder. I.e. JT and Brown were almost chest to chest facing each other. Secondly, well after the first point a second point is not even necessary.

Edit since I notice Ryno's picture: By chest to chest I mean in opposite directions to each other, not that they were lined up perfectly. In that photo you can pretty much see Brown's chest and face square on (with minimal head turn) and JT's back and the back of his head square on. With a shoulder charge, JT would be facing Asiata (the rare exception being if JT blind sided him from side on, which wasn't the case here).

Ice

Post by Ice on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:14 pm

All I'm saying is he led with the shoulder and first contact was with the shoulder and he never attempted to wrap his arms around him. It wasn't much, a good hit if you ask me and yes, I agree if the only way you can do a shoulder charge is if your arms is tucked against your body then it wasn't a shoulder charge. But I beelive you can perform a shoulder charge without having your arm tucked in and this was it. If he had made contact with the head with his shoulder he would have been charged with a reckless head high shoulder charge.

That said, I stress, I have no issue with the hit, I've just seen less be sat for a week.

Ice

Post by Ice on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Ice

Post by Ice on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:17 pm

I'm a gum you, I can't post images, but above is a shoulder charge by SBW on Williams. No arm tucked in.

Dip

Post by Dip on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:00 pm

That tackle on Mason by SBW was charged Grade 3 careless high tackle, not a shoulder charge.

Ice

Post by Ice on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:25 pm

Yep, the point is, the shoulder made contact with the head, the shoulder was the first point of contact. The strict definition of arm being tucked in can be daft. He led and made contact with his shoulder. That's a shoulder charge in my view, but I agree not technically to the letter of the law.

Ice

Post by Ice on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:28 pm

What I mean to say is, I think the shoulder charge should be brought back, I don't have an issue with it, but IF there is ANY contact with the head, whether it's careless, reckless or even incidental, it's an automatic say, 5 weeks minimum, or something like that.
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 pm

You are allowed to hit them with your shoulder first, as long as the arm isnt tucked in and its side on.
    Its front on with his arm out - its not a shoulder charge at all lol
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Dip wrote:

For starters it hit the front of his shoulder (ie adjoining the chest) not the point of the shoulder. I.e. JT and Brown were almost chest to chest facing each other. Secondly, well after the first point a second point is not even necessary.

Edit since I notice Ryno's picture: By chest to chest I mean in opposite directions to each other, not that they were lined up perfectly. In that photo you can pretty much see Brown's chest and face square on (with minimal head turn) and JT's back and the back of his head square on. With a shoulder charge, JT would be facing Asiata (the rare exception being if JT blind sided him from side on, which wasn't the case here).

Yeah.... It wasnt a shoulder charge. I agree

Ice

Post by Ice on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Pieman wrote:You are allowed to hit them with your shoulder first, as long as the arm isnt tucked in and its side on.
    Its front on with his arm out - its not a shoulder charge at all lol

Absolutely technically not a shoulder charge, but he charged at him with his shoulder and made contact with his charged shoulder first. Go figure.

Dip

Post by Dip on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:07 pm

Ice wrote:

Absolutely technically not a shoulder charge, but he charged at him with his shoulder and made contact with his charged shoulder first. Go figure.
    Like pretty much every tackle made in the last 122 years

Ice

Post by Ice on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:04 pm

Dip wrote:
    Like pretty much every tackle made in the last 122 years

Yep
    Pieman

Post by Pieman on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Haha yea if you arent making contact with ur shoulder first you are in trouble

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm