NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

itsJay
    itsJay

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by itsJay Wed May 10, 2017 12:01 pm

wolfking wrote:

What do people think about a Winterstein to Hayne via SMat and Cotric as a second trade?  Would mean I screw my set and hopefully forget centre pairing of SMat/Turbo but Cotric is in my starting lineup while Ponga is on the pine anyway.  Hayne gonna become a keep do we think?  If he can get a couple more games and get DPP also that would be gold.

You may be better off working towards getting more bye friendly players with the nice amount of trades you have up your sleeves. Something like Hess to Brown + Winterstein to Fai this week. Lamb to Arey next week. Niko/Cotric to Munster/Cwalker after r12?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 48 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2017 12:09 pm

itsJay wrote:

You may be better off working towards getting more bye friendly players with the nice amount of trades you have up your sleeves. Something like Hess to Brown + Winterstein to Fai this week. Lamb to Arey next week. Niko/Cotric to Munster/Cwalker after r12?

Yeah, I know, you're right mate. I'm just a cheapskate in real life and like value when I see it. Hayne even though he plays origin is great value if he gets going, but with my squad, not essential. Thanks man.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed May 10, 2017 12:19 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, I know, you're right mate.  I'm just a cheapskate in real life and like value when I see it.  Hayne even though he plays origin is great value if he gets going, but with my squad, not essential.  Thanks man.
    haha i'm a bit like that too. looks like you've built up enough solid cash cows and value in your team to start converting them to guns. just noticed you also have Kelly, who i think has peaked. Maybe you can use him to convert to Hayne if you really want him?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Top 138k nuffies in the FRF/2RF who may play some time over Origin.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed May 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Do I bring in Hayne or Munster? will have to be in my 17 for now.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

itsJay wrote:
    haha i'm a bit like that too. looks like you've built up enough solid cash cows and value in your team to start converting them to guns. just noticed you also have Kelly, who i think has peaked. Maybe you can use him to convert to Hayne if you really want him?

Interesting bringing him in for Kelly over Idris.  I know Kelly has peaked but I never really liked trading a player that's actually playing out opposed to an injured one.  I know it's the price that's stable and Kelly may go down, but I'm willing to risk that in the hope that Kelly can make his BE or go over it.  Not looking good against the Broncos though.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed May 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Not trading this week means I need 2 reserves from Pritchard, Ese'ese, Yates, CHN and Frawley. Tough choices
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 10, 2017 12:57 pm

By the way @Rabbit we still have a bet on the line aye! Haven't run the numbers but I think you require a very big one from Hess on Friday to take it out!
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed May 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:By the way @Rabbit we still have a bet on the line aye! Haven't run the numbers but I think you require a very big one from Hess on Friday to take it out!

Rabbit said Hess needs about 90 or something stupid. It's not like you should brag about beating Rabbit in a bet, I heard it's pretty common these days Razz
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Random wrote:Top 138k nuffies in the FRF/2RF who may play some time over Origin.

I already traded George Fai in the other week, and taking a stab at Ham Salami (Hame Sele) at 139k this week. Frizell will probably play origin, doubt JDB will, but maybe if there's injuries.

Probably both shit trades, but it's slim pickens and gotta gamble at some point. Tyrell Fuamoino and Cameron Murray were others I looked at, but don't feel like dealing with Souths players.

wolfking wrote:Interesting bringing him in for Kelly over Idris.  I know Kelly has peaked but I never really liked trading a player that's actually playing out opposed to an injured one.  I know it's the price that's stable and Kelly may go down, but I'm willing to risk that in the hope that Kelly can make his BE or go over it.  Not looking good against the Broncos though.

I'm in the same boat. Initial trade thoughts were Frankenstein to JBrom and Kelly to Hayne, but multiple spanners thrown in the works.

Was going to trade Kelly out all week including 5 mins before kickoff when he then scored 53, so I'll take a risk that he can kickstart his money-making again.

Idris to Hayne for me. And Frank to Sele to give me a 180k bank for a half upgrade next week.

Down to 21 trades and a line-up looking like:

(C)am, Brailey
    McGuire, James, FKaufusi
    Manners, JDB, Merrin, Whitehead
    KNik, Lamb
    SMat, Cotric
    Teddy, RTS, Slater, Hayne

NPR: Leota, Fai, Sele, Maloney, Hampton, Suli, Kelly, Abbey.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed May 10, 2017 1:13 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I already traded George Fai in the other week, and taking a stab at Ham Salami (Hame Sele) at 139k this week. Frizell will probably play origin, doubt JDB will, but maybe if there's injuries.

Probably both shit trades, but it's slim pickens and gotta gamble at some point. Tyrell Fuamoino and Cameron Murray were others I looked at, but don't feel like dealing with Souths players.

I'm in the same boat. Initial trade thoughts were Frankenstein to JBrom and Kelly to Hayne, but multiple spanners thrown in the works.

Was going to trade Kelly out all week including 5 mins before kickoff when he then scored 53, so I'll take a risk that he can kickstart his money-making again.

Idris to Hayne for me. And Frank to Sele to give me a 180k bank for a half upgrade next week.

Down to 21 trades and a line-up looking like:

(C)am, Brailey
    McGuire, James, FKaufusi
    Manners, JDB, Merrin, Whitehead
    KNik, Lamb
    SMat, Cotric
    Teddy, RTS, Slater, Hayne

NPR: Leota, Fai, Sele, Maloney, Hampton, Suli, Kelly, Abbey.

Given the uncertainty around hookers over the byes is Sione Katoa worth a cash out in the 2nd row. DPP HOK/2RF, could be starting hooker if Wallace gets injured. Allows you to trade between hooker and second row guns over origin, if you were contemplating trading Smith out over origin, you could use him to go smith to gallen/graham/surgess etc in week 12. Then you could upgrade a second rower when its time to get smith back? I will look into the merits of this for my own team. Panthers finish their byes in round 15 at which time origin 3 could be a dead rubber, more injuries etc and NSW could pick a few Panthers. Cleary, Peachey, Wallace.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2017 1:34 pm

Foran, 3 year deal at the Dogs confirmed.

Proctor suspended for 4 games.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 10, 2017 1:55 pm

Warriors wrote:

Given the uncertainty around hookers over the byes is Sione Katoa worth a cash out in the 2nd row. DPP HOK/2RF, could be starting hooker if Wallace gets injured. Allows you to trade between hooker and second row guns over origin, if you were contemplating trading Smith out over origin, you could use him to go smith to gallen/graham/surgess etc in week 12. Then you could upgrade a second rower when its time to get smith back? I will look into the merits of this for my own team. Panthers finish their byes in round 15 at which time origin 3 could be a dead rubber, more injuries etc and NSW could pick a few Panthers. Cleary, Peachey, Wallace.

I hadn't really looked at Katoa. Owning Leota has made me view the Panthers as a bit unstable in their selections, much like Souths.

Leota, Browne, Kikau, Akauola, CHN and Katoa with 1 game so far all playing musical chairs each week.

You're right that they don't have much HK coverage though if Wallace is out for origin/injury.

Not sure I'd count on the injury to him specifically though. He's been pretty solid over the years, but had his 2014/15 seasons cut short with an ACL injury. He closed out 2015 with 13 games and played every game last year.. I wouldn't be opposed to him playing origin though.

As for Cam, I'm a garbage H2H player, so I won't be looking to trade him before the R12 bye. However I can definitely see the merits in it with him having to back-up Friday night vs. the Knights in R13, and then missing Rds 15, 18 and 19 by the looks of it.. Holy fuck, yeah he's gonna miss out of a tonne of points this season.

Tying that back in with Katoa, I'd probably wait and see if Wallace gets picked for origin and possibly go Cam to Katoa and use the cash on other bye friendly players maybe? My total points bye planning is kinda ass and I specifically avoided Eels/Rabbits because of bad H2H byes, so my thoughts aren't too strong on what the optimal strategy for this period would be.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Since I only have 2 playing ctrs (Kelly, Talakai) & 2 red dots (Idris, R. Jennings) & also the fact that with Gray on the extended bench so there's a possibility that he comes in for Talakai I'm doing the following sideways trades to build up player depth:
    Idris out - Suli in
    R. Jennings out - Moga in

There is a positive with these trades in that Suli has a b/e of 0 & Moga has a b/e of 11 so they have money making possibilities. Playing Moga & Suli in my ctr's beats playing Talakai & Kelly so I'm reasonably happy making these trades even though they're probably a waste of 2 trades & sideways. Thoughts.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Wed May 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Spuddies wrote:

Most people looking for bye friendly players (like me) would be struggling over the major bye rounds but will have enough players (or close to enough players) to cover players not playing the minor bye rounds. In fact, I'd suggest, most teams will be still reasonably strong in the minor bye rounds, it'll be the teams that perform well over the major byes that jump up places.

oh no completely agree and that identifying players who play when not many others do is key. but just thinking oh this player is from the bunnies, they have good byes so I'll bring them in somewhat shortsighted. Same as with the eels. Having 8 or 9 players will help you increase in ranking in rd 12 sure, but if you don't have the right bench players then you use up valuable trades or drop points come rd 16. At the end of the day each team misses 2 games regardless, the key is making sure you have the cover when those byes occur.

My original post was mainly aimed towards some of the newer posters with many questions of "first time bye planning what should I look out for". Yes Corey Norman is bye round gold but if your other half is Adam Reynolds then you will need to deal with what happens in rd 16 so even doing a rough bye plan in 5 minutes would be a handy tip for any that are trying to gauge how their team is looking over the byes. Whereas someone like Peachey doesn't hold a great deal of value early on with the byes, he is one of the better players to own post rd 15 as he will have no byes left and so is great for the niggly rd 16,18,19 combo where many teams so far look to be struggling to have solid teams for all rounds
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 10, 2017 2:12 pm

White Lightning wrote:Since I only have 2 playing ctrs (Kelly, Talakai) & 2 red dots (Idris, R. Jennings) & also the fact that with Gray on the extended bench so there's a possibility that he comes in for Talakai I'm doing the following sideways trades to build up player depth:
    Idris out - Suli in

There is a positive with these trades in that Suli has a b/e of 0 & Moga has a b/e of 11 so they have money making possibilities. Playing Moga & Suli in my ctr's beats playing Talakai & Kelly so I'm reasonably happy making these trades even though they're probably a waste of 2 trades & sideways. Thoughts.

Man, I don't know about these trades.  Got any DPP's?  Assume you already have Hayne too then?

Or what about even Kahu or Manu? They are cheaper.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 pm

White Lightning wrote:Since I only have 2 playing ctrs (Kelly, Talakai) & 2 red dots (Idris, R. Jennings) & also the fact that with Gray on the extended bench so there's a possibility that he comes in for Talakai I'm doing the following sideways trades to build up player depth:
    Idris out - Suli in

a couple of other players to consider in the low $200k's:
    Kahu -should do better at center with roberts injured . could play fullback when boyd is in origin
    Joseph Manu - more gametime with skd in trouble. nice for byes
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Thanks boys @ Wolfking & itsJay. Kahu & Manu do sound better options with equally low b/e's & much cheaper.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Those options give me an extra 90k so I'm now leaning towards Manu & Kahu as opposed to Suli & Moga.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed May 10, 2017 2:28 pm

wolfking wrote:

Man, I don't know about these trades.  Got any DPP's?  Assume you already have Hayne too then?

Or what about even Kahu or Manu?  They are cheaper.

just saw your post after i put up those two players. great minds think alike Drunk 2

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:09 pm