NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Share
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2365
    Reputation : 700
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by Chewie on Tue May 02, 2017 1:30 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:Semi is a free man. Case dropped by prosecution.

    hat-trick of tries for Semi next round?
    avatar
    danseels1985

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by danseels1985 on Tue May 02, 2017 1:36 pm

    Decided to beef up my forward pack a bit more and Niko or Suli will become Munster in due time.

    148k in the bank,18 trades left

    Smith McInnes
    Brown FKaufusi Ese ese Yates
    JDB Surgess Mannering Crichton CHN Fuimaono
    SJ Norman Niko Hampton
    Aubusson BJ Idris Kelly
    RTS Slater Hayne Suli Phythian

    How does it look peeps?
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 3209
    Reputation : 418
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : SUNCORP STADIUM

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by my tv broke on Tue May 02, 2017 1:39 pm

    @danseels1985 wrote:Decided to beef up my forward pack a bit more and Niko or Suli will become Munster in due time.

    148k in the bank,18 trades left

    Smith McInnes
    Brown FKaufusi Ese ese Yates
    JDB Surgess Mannering Crichton CHN Fuimaono
    SJ Norman Niko Hampton
    Aubusson BJ Idris Kelly
    RTS Slater Hayne Suli Phythian

    How does it look peeps?

    worth remembering that Hunt will more than likely play rnd 10 so you won't want the R on niko.
    avatar
    danseels1985

    Posts : 310
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2017-02-21

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by danseels1985 on Tue May 02, 2017 1:40 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    worth remembering that Hunt will more than likely play rnd 10 so you won't want the R on niko.

    Ahh ok then thanks I wasn't sure about Hunts return date. How does the rest of it look?
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 724
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by filthridden on Tue May 02, 2017 1:45 pm

    @itsJay wrote:nrl.com just put up an article about cs9's successor Brandon Smith. Sounds like he'll get a run with the storm while cs9 is on origin duty?

    I'd expect so. He is a very highly rated hooker, always stars for the jr kiwis.
    Kidwell brought him into the main kiwis wider squad and he hasn't even played an NRL game yet. Big wraps.

    1. Tonumaipea
    6. Munster
    7. Croft
    9. Smith/Jacks

    14. Smith/Jacks

    That's my best guess. or would they shift Munster back to FB?
    avatar
    Shanbon

    Posts : 1581
    Reputation : 173
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by Shanbon on Tue May 02, 2017 1:53 pm

    This is the best 17 based on avg (excluded Hoppa as only 3 games)

    Smith Macca
    Fifita Vaughan
    Tolo Papali Gallen JDB Mannering
    Pearce Johnson Norman
    Roberts Turbo
    Rapana Nofo Tedesco

    In the forwards you can basically use others that are very close in avgs but in the backs there is a big difference from the top few to the next level. I have only 1 of the back 5 Shocked Shocked


    avatar
    Verbal Kint

    Posts : 34
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2017-03-28

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by Verbal Kint on Tue May 02, 2017 1:56 pm

    Tinkering away...

    Smith Cook
    McGuire Faufusi Wallace Yates
    Taumalolo Mannering Surgess Hess Bodene CHN
    SJ CWalker Frawley Field
    Turbo Cotric Idris Fuimaono
    RTS Slater Hayne TRD CNK

    I think Hess needs to become Gallen. A Yates cash out will enable this. I'd be left with 20 trades and no money. Wise or not? Probably not considering my previous trade ideas.... I thought I'd throw this out there anyway. Thanks gents
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2365
    Reputation : 700
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by Chewie on Tue May 02, 2017 2:05 pm

    @Shanbon wrote:This is the best 17 based on avg (excluded Hoppa as only 3 games)

    Smith Macca
    Fifita Vaughan
    Tolo Papali Gallen JDB Mannering
    Pearce Johnson Norman
    Roberts Turbo
    Rapana Nofo Tedesco

    In the forwards you can basically use others that are very close in avgs but in the backs there is a big difference from the top few to the next level. I have only 1 of the back 5  Shocked  Shocked



    Thanks Shanon that definitely puts things into perspective...
    I only have 3 out of those 17, maybe that explains my ranking Razz

    Rapana'a and Roberts centuries definitely helped their average
    avatar
    itsJay

    Posts : 258
    Reputation : 76
    Join date : 2016-06-16

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by itsJay on Tue May 02, 2017 2:05 pm

    @danseels1985 wrote:

    Ahh ok then thanks I wasn't sure about Hunts return date. How does the rest of it look?

    Hunt is meant to be due back between r11-13. I'd be super annoyed if he has Wolverine-like healing abilities and comes back earlier
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2365
    Reputation : 700
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by Chewie on Tue May 02, 2017 2:20 pm

    @itsJay wrote:

    Hunt is meant to be due back between r11-13. I'd be super annoyed if he has Wolverine-like healing abilities and comes back earlier

    Reports were that he was recovering well...
    He might be back for round 10... But let's hope it's later than that
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 3209
    Reputation : 418
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : SUNCORP STADIUM

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by my tv broke on Tue May 02, 2017 2:20 pm

    @itsJay wrote:

    Hunt is meant to be due back between r11-13. I'd be super annoyed if he has Wolverine-like healing abilities and comes back earlier

    I think niko owners will be lucky to get another game with hunt out.

    he was running "freely" at training on april 26 - video in tweet linked below - there were a few others posted by the same bloke

    https://twitter.com/Eden_Richards/status/857019281644572672
    Eden Richards‏ @Eden_Richards  Apr 26
    Bit more of Broncos half Ben Hunt. Running well. Round 10 return realistic

    so from date of video to rnd 10 match is 2.5 weeks
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2365
    Reputation : 700
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by Chewie on Tue May 02, 2017 2:24 pm

    @Verbal Kint wrote:Tinkering away...

    Smith Cook
    McGuire Faufusi Wallace Yates
    Taumalolo Mannering Surgess Hess Bodene CHN
    SJ CWalker Frawley Field
    Turbo Cotric Idris Fuimaono
    RTS Slater Hayne TRD CNK


    I think Hess needs to become Gallen. A Yates cash out will enable this. I'd be left with 20 trades and no money. Wise or not? Probably not considering my previous trade ideas.... I thought I'd throw this out there anyway. Thanks gents

    With the team you have the Hess - Gallen trade is not urgent. I would wait until after rep round and for a bit more clarity on Gal's Origin plans
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1459
    Reputation : 422
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by bluetige on Tue May 02, 2017 2:28 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    I'd expect so. He is a very highly rated hooker, always stars for the jr kiwis.
    Kidwell brought him into the main kiwis wider squad and he hasn't even played an NRL game yet. Big wraps.

    1. Tonumaipea
    6. Munster
    7. Croft
    9. Smith/Jacks

    14. Smith/Jacks

    That's my best guess. or would they shift Munster back to FB?
    I'll go
    1. Munster
    3. Tonumaipea
    6. Jacks
    7. Croft
    9. Griffen

    14. B Smith
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 724
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by filthridden on Tue May 02, 2017 2:34 pm

    @Shanbon wrote:This is the best 17 based on avg (excluded Hoppa as only 3 games)

    Smith Macca
    Fifita Vaughan
    Tolo Papali Gallen JDB Mannering
    Pearce Johnson Norman
    Roberts Turbo
    Rapana Nofo Tedesco

    In the forwards you can basically use others that are very close in avgs but in the backs there is a big difference from the top few to the next level. I have only 1 of the back 5  Shocked  Shocked



    Be interesting to see the differences between this team and the best 17 based on total score.
    Don't think there'd be too many differences actually - Yolo, Norman the only ones that missed games out of that 17?
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3191
    Reputation : 724
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by filthridden on Tue May 02, 2017 2:42 pm

    @Shanbon wrote:This is the best 17 based on avg (excluded Hoppa as only 3 games)

    Smith Macca
    Fifita Vaughan
    Tolo Papali Gallen JDB Mannering
    Pearce Johnson Norman
    Roberts Turbo
    Rapana Nofo Tedesco

    In the forwards you can basically use others that are very close in avgs but in the backs there is a big difference from the top few to the next level. I have only 1 of the back 5  Shocked  Shocked



    Excluding Fifita, Paps and Smith, highlighted are the players due to play the first bye round.
    Pearce and Gallen origin possibles.
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2365
    Reputation : 700
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by Chewie on Tue May 02, 2017 3:09 pm

    This was my fantasy team last weekend...
    Carnage:
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8817
    Reputation : 1471
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by SI on Tue May 02, 2017 3:44 pm

    Can't view that Chewie.
    avatar
    luckynumber8

    Posts : 332
    Reputation : 87
    Join date : 2016-02-22

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by luckynumber8 on Tue May 02, 2017 4:03 pm

    @SI wrote:Can't view that Chewie.


    JOOOOOHHHNNNN CEENNAAAAAAAAA. Den Den DENDENNNNN.
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2365
    Reputation : 700
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by Chewie on Tue May 02, 2017 4:11 pm

    @SI wrote:Can't view that Chewie.

    bloody workplace filters
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1126
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue May 02, 2017 4:22 pm

    @filthridden wrote:I'm back!

    Didn't get burnt too badly (in regards to fantasy) while I was gone.
    managed to sneak in CHN when I saw he was starting and make some trades and don't think I copped any AEs which is good.

    Oh and I'm sorry I broke BJ Leilua. Sad

    Squad now looks as follows:

    Smith, McInnes
    Fifita, Faufusi, Ese'ese, IPapali'i
    Surgess, Crichton, Whitehead, Thompson, CHN, Leary
    Johnson, Norman, CNK, Field
    Leuilua. Moga, Suli, Scott
    Tedesco, RTS, Ponga, Hayne, RJennings

    21 trades remaining and $106k in the bank.

    Welcome back buds! Good to see I'm not the only dickhead with all of IPapalli, Field and 4 Fullbacks Laughing you have proper halves though so you win the fantasies

      Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:33 pm