NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Footballers behaving badly

    Share

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2414
    Reputation : 507
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by No Worries on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:43 am

    @Simon Templar wrote:

    I really couldn't give a rat's arse what a player does in his private life, provided he isnt breaking any rules/laws and he isnt hurting anyone. I'm only really eant hear about football. The media really are like a pack of sharks on a feeding frenzy when it comes to player behaviour. The media is more to blame and more  out of control than the players IMHO.

    Can someone please explain to me why what Joel Monaghan did a couple of years ago was so much worse than what Pearce did on Aust Day that he had to leave the NRL and move to England to play ESL?

    I'm NOT aware of a significant difference and my understanding is that Monaghan was a cleanskin in the bad-behaviour stakes compared to Pearce who is a repeat offender.

    One bloke said he would fuck a dog the other bloke got a dog to lick his cock.
    It's like the Blues Brothers asking "How much for the little girl" and Father Ridsdale

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:11 pm

    @Simon Templar wrote:

    I really couldn't give a rat's arse what a player does in his private life, provided he isnt breaking any rules/laws and he isnt hurting anyone. I'm only really eant hear about football. The media really are like a pack of sharks on a feeding frenzy when it comes to player behaviour. The media is more to blame and more  out of control than the players IMHO.

    Can someone please explain to me why what Joel Monaghan did a couple of years ago was so much worse than what Pearce did on Aust Day that he had to leave the NRL and move to England to play ESL?

    I'm NOT aware of a significant difference and my understanding is that Monaghan was a cleanskin in the bad-behaviour stakes compared to Pearce who is a repeat offender.

    I thought Monaghan was actually performing a sex act with a dog wasn't he? I didn't think he just picked it up and thrust like Pearce

    Dip

    Posts : 775
    Reputation : 83
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Dip on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:40 pm

    @Krump wrote:
    Both of those Jailbirds have done their time and appear to be moral citizens now. How long exactly should it be hanging over their heads?

    I have no problems with them playing at all. They've done their time, and in both the case of Mau and Wicks, I think the time spent out of the game is long enough that they don't need further NRL suspensions. My point was that if you're going to have a go at another club for not suspending or sacking players for indiscretions that were not even strong enough to attract a charge, let alone a conviction, then I would expect you to be morally outraged that you club keeps signing players who have done far more serious things (and with reliable sources). Clearly it was just an undeserved dig at the Broncos.

    It would be like me criticising Jarryd Hayne for putting himself in a position to be shot at in Kings Cross after midnight. What did he do to deserve that, there has to be more to the story. Did he rip off a drug dealer or something? Now clearly that is an exageration, but like LG says, I'll be damned if I am going to base penalties on the basis of whether the Daily Telegraph decides a star struck chick who has probably given consentual gobbies to a few footballers in a nightclub toilet has actually been gang raped, or that a guy who has been shot at is the victim, or that simulating sex with a dog is about intimidating the woman owner, or whatever other agenda suits their preference at the time of publishing.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:53 pm

    http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/the-nrl-clubs-providing-the-best-and-worst-value-for-money/news-story/b6fae82070beb3268ce92905e918ad3c

    Furthering my opinion that the NRL media attacks itself. Instead of hyping up the opening game that starts in ten minutes they post this with a title "which NRL clubs are ripping fans off" -- fuck I hate the media.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:19 am

    Bit of a media shit storm starting to form over James Roberts harmless comments.

    Time for the NRL to react and ban the bloke for 8 weeks or so....


    leaguegod

    Posts : 572
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by leaguegod on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:37 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:Bit of a media shit storm starting to form over James Roberts harmless comments.

    Time for the NRL to react and ban the bloke for 8 weeks or so....


    channel 7 is all over corey norman being on his phone too, fuck me


    he went off with a neck injury, could easily be telling family he is ok


    but better ban him too

    Krump

    Posts : 2280
    Reputation : 336
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Krump on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:40 am

    I saw Norman on the phone and wondered what the go was, but really who gives a flying rats?
    Just plain idiotic from Roberts he should get a ban for being a moron.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:45 am

    @Krump wrote:I saw Norman on the phone and wondered what the go was, but really who gives a flying rats?
    Just plain idiotic from Roberts he should get a ban for being a moron.

    As soon as I saw him on the phone I thought he might be in some trouble. They'll ask for a please explain at the very least. Probably letting his missus or mum know that he's alright though and nothing sinister

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 6747
    Reputation : 700
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by SI on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:45 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:Bit of a media shit storm starting to form over James Roberts harmless comments.

    Time for the NRL to react and ban the bloke for 8 weeks or so....

    Harmless yes, but ridiculously stupid as well. The bloke is a deadset fucking nong.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:46 am

    @leaguegod wrote:

    channel 7 is all over corey norman being on his phone too, fuck me


    he went off with a neck injury, could easily be telling family he is ok


    but better ban him too

    You guys might have picked this up from past comments......but I really have an issue with the media, the NRL, the RLPA and the general way in which League players are treated because whether the moral crusaders like it or not, it's the fans that suffer.

    I've tried to bite my tongue regarding the Pearce saga but it's deadset outrageous what has occurred and the blokes at the RLPA should be handing in their resignation letters for their pitiful display of silence.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:48 am

    @SI wrote:
    Harmless yes, but ridiculously stupid as well. The bloke is a deadset fucking nong.

    He's not employed for his brilliant mind.

    If the media want to talk to these blokes and milk whatever ratings they can, then they better understand they may not say the right things.

    Plus, it wasn't stupid at all, I thought it was actually quite humorous.


    Last edited by Oz Sport Mad on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

    leaguegod

    Posts : 572
    Reputation : 42
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by leaguegod on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:50 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    You guys might have picked this up from past comments......but I really have an issue with the media, the NRL, the RLPA and the general way in which League players are treated because whether the moral crusaders like it or not, it's the fans that suffer.

    I've tried to bite my tongue regarding the Pearce saga but it's deadset outrageous what has occurred and the blokes at the RLPA should be handing in their resignation letters for their pitiful display of silence.

    yeah i mentioned the RLPA a page or so ago re pearce


    Weakest players association in world sport, they were not interested in protecting pearce or any other player, they're a joke

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 6747
    Reputation : 700
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by SI on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:52 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    @SI wrote:
    Harmless yes, but ridiculously stupid as well. The bloke is a deadset fucking nong.

    He's not employed for his brilliant mind.

    If the media want to talk to these blokes and milk whatever ratings they can, then they better understand they may not say the right things.
    You are right, he isn't employed for his brains, he doesn't have one.  I'm sure Wayne gave him a bit of a slapping for it.

    Krump

    Posts : 2280
    Reputation : 336
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Krump on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:54 am

    @Honeysett wrote:

    As soon as I saw him on the phone I thought he might be in some trouble. They'll ask for a please explain at the very least. Probably letting his missus or mum know that he's alright though and nothing sinister
    I really don't see the issue with the phone. If I was the coach I might but I'm not.

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

    @Krump wrote:
    I really don't see the issue with the phone. If I was the coach I might but I'm not.

    The concern would be "hey mate, not coming back on the field for the second half and will be out for a couple weeks" and his mate goes and puts money on whoever Parra play next week. That would be the concern for the NRL. Integrity issue. They'll just ask him what he did and show them and it'll be over with, there's no doubt in my mind there's nothing in it.

    Roberts coming from a club that has drug question marks over it and then saying that is pretty fucking dumb but it shouldn't be taken seriously.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:29 am

    @Krump wrote:I saw Norman on the phone and wondered what the go was, but really who gives a flying rats?
    Just plain idiotic from Roberts he should get a ban for being a moron.

    Yeah um what on earth are they having a go at the bloke being on the phone for???

    And what was wrong with what Roberts said?

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 690
    Reputation : 120
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:34 am

    @Honeysett wrote:

    The concern would be "hey mate, not coming back on the field for the second half and will be out for a couple weeks" and his mate goes and puts money on whoever Parra play next week. That would be the concern for the NRL. Integrity issue. They'll just ask him what he did and show them and it'll be over with, there's no doubt in my mind there's nothing in it.

    Roberts coming from a club that has drug question marks over it and then saying that is pretty fucking dumb but it shouldn't be taken seriously.

    Ah fair enough re: the phone.

    Please, Roberts gag was fine.
    Although in hindsight, it probably would have been even more funny if he said he has more speed than the Titans

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3854
    Reputation : 692
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:38 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Ah fair enough re: the phone.

    Please, Roberts gag was fine.
    Although in hindsight, it probably would have been even more funny if he said he has more speed than the Titans

    Oh I completely agree, I thought it was funny. Ill placed in this overly PC world of ours but still funny.

    Krump

    Posts : 2280
    Reputation : 336
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by Krump on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:44 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Ah fair enough re: the phone.

    Please, Roberts gag was fine.
    Although in hindsight, it probably would have been even more funny if he said he has more speed than the Titans
    Any footballer mentioning drugs is just fucking stupid, to say it on live TV as well just shows how dumb the bloke is. The phone angle is rubbish, Foran could well have been doing the same thing when he knew he was out but because the media don't see it nothing is said. If betting integrity is important to the NRL than they shouldhave a stewards panel.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2414
    Reputation : 507
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Footballers behaving badly

    Post by No Worries on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:09 pm

    Roberts gag was immature and unacceptable. Illicit drugs are a joke now ? Is that representative of the Bronco's stance ? Is that the impression they want the young kids in their juniors to have ? The he's not hired for brains argument is a cop out. The more he gets his head on TV the more he is worth to sponsors, so indirectly he's being paid for that interview. He can decline the interview if he's too dumb to string 3 words together. He should get a suspended fine.

    As for Norman, he's out for the game, he could be playing casino slots for all I care, hope he was telling loved ones he's OK. Nothing appeared on insta or snapchat or what ever the kids are using these days, so it's a non story.

      Current date/time is Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:58 am