NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Vanish
    Vanish

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by Vanish Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Im tossing up bringing in BJ or Whitehead this week. I think BJ will score more this weekend, but whitehead a better long term prospect.

Thinking Yates >> Whitehead is better option than Cotric >> BJ (which is all I can afford unless I do Ponga to BJ via Cotric)

If Lepiana go berserk Whitehead on same edge surely benefits.

Yates has probably peaked while Cotric still has price rises left. Holding Cotric probably means missing the cheap BJ window, but I'd still probably hold him and make the Whitehead trade.
    mango
    mango

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by mango Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi lads,

Not sure which direction to head with my team this week. An obvious trade would be to get KNik in for eithr Lamb or Jacks and use him for a stepping stone to SJ.

If I go ahead with the above trade it'll boost my bank balance to 208k. I can either upgrade Kelly to Leilua which wont leave much in the bank but have SMat/Leilua combo in the centres or spend elsewhere.

I'm currently ranked 183rd overall and would like to remain in touch with the leaders.

The other concern I have is Jarrod Wallace, his minutes are inflated due to injury cover. With the Titans horror injury toll this year it's hard to know what their normal prop rotation will be. From what I've seen though he normally comes off not long after the 20min mark, going by that he might average around 45mins, not sure if thats enough to maintain a 50+ average to make him a season keeper. The fact that he. may play origin is another worry.

With this in mind I was thinking of turning him into Mannering, set and forget keeper and plays rd 12.

My current team before trades, 178k banked.

C.Smith, J.Brailey
    J.Graham,  J.McGuire, F.Kaufusi, I.Papalii
    J.DeBelin, S.Burgess, P.Gallen, J.Wallace, A.Crichton, CHN
    C.Norman, B.Lamb, R.Jacks, J.Fogerty
    S.Mat, N.Cotric, J.Idris, B.Kelly
    RTS, B.Slater, K.Ponga, M.Sulli, R.Jennings

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm holding off getting Leilua or T-Trbo until round 12 due to not being sure which one will play origin. I will then pick the one that doesn't. Of course there's also the possibility that both get picked in which case I'll get Aubusson.
    The same goes for A-Rey & Pearce. Whichever one misses out re origin selection will come into my team in round 12.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:09 pm

mango wrote:Hi lads,

Not sure which direction to head with my team this week. An obvious trade would be to get KNik in for eithr Lamb or Jacks and use him for a stepping stone to SJ.

If I go ahead with the above trade it'll boost my bank balance to 208k. I can either upgrade Kelly to Leilua which wont leave much in the bank but have SMat/Leilua combo in the centres or spend elsewhere.

I'm currently ranked 183rd overall and would like to remain in touch with the leaders.

The other concern I have is Jarrod Wallace, his minutes are inflated due to injury cover. With the Titans horror injury toll this year it's hard to know what their normal prop rotation will be. From what I've seen though he normally comes off not long after the 20min mark, going by that he might average around 45mins, not sure if thats enough to maintain a 50+ average to make him a season keeper. The fact that he. may play origin is another worry.

With this in mind I was thinking of turning him into Mannering, set and forget keeper and plays rd 12.

My current team before trades, 178k banked.

C.Smith, J.Brailey
    J.Graham,  J.McGuire, F.Kaufusi, I.Papalii
    J.DeBelin, S.Burgess, P.Gallen, J.Wallace, A.Crichton, CHN
    C.Norman, B.Lamb, R.Jacks, J.Fogerty
    S.Mat, N.Cotric, J.Idris, B.Kelly
    RTS, B.Slater, K.Ponga, M.Sulli, R.Jennings

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would go Lamb to Kodi as Lamb scores too many negative points re missed tackles & also because Jacks will play rounds 15 & 18 when Cronk is on origin duty. Being so high in the rankings it sure would be tempting to bring in Leilua even if he does play origin. You have to be proactive to cement your ranking position & to gain ground so I would do the Leilua trade as well.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:18 pm

It's good to see Macca with a b/e of 62 this week as his price could start coming down. Having said that he's more than capable of matching his b/e but maybe this week he can do me a favour & have a quiet one.
    Other players that have a 60+ b/e this week are:
    J. Friend b/e 68, Cleary 64, Croker 62, Vaughan 63, McInnes 69, C. Walker 60, Nofo 59 (ok that's not 60+) & Norman 72. There's a few round 12 players there.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Revraiser wrote:Contemplating Frawley, have a geez here.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/opinion/matt-frawley-times-nrl-arrival-at-perfect-time-to-cash-in-on-bizarre-halves-market/news-story/751277486308af9dcee4f0c584af3edf

OnTheLast wrote:

Can you copy and paste please Boss, they want me to recite my credit card details in return for the goods.

My credit card only seems to work for pizza and beer Beer
    MATT Frawley was worth about 10 cents on the open market a month ago but his lottery numbers will soon come in.
    Fortune has turned for the Bulldogs halfback. And it gives the heart a little warmth.
    Frawley signed with Canterbury looking for nothing more than a chance after captaining Canberra’s Holden Cup team and he looked destined to stay in Canterbury’s NSW Cup team for as long as that contract, which ends next year, lasted.
    Not anymore, though

Frawley is the other side of the overcooked player market, meaning he is underpaid and appreciated. He might well be the difference if the Bulldogs are going to transition from the competition’s most frustrating team into what they believe is their rightful place, contenders.
    I have never seen player market more liquid than it is now.
    One signing could set it off in forty different directions.
    The reasons why are complex and might not be around again for some time. It began when managers timed the contracts of their best players to come off this year, in time to cash in on the new broadcast deal, and new salary cap, to begin next year.
    It swelled to extravagant measures early when it was realised Wests Tigers’ four best players, like burley in water, were all off contract at the same time.
    Suddenly they began circling.
    Then it stepped up when Cooper Cronk rolled a grenade into the room with his announcement he would leave Melbourne for a contract in Sydney.
    Add to this St George Illawarra’s sluggish chase for Gareth Widdop and other off-contract halves, Johnathan Thurston, Kieran Foran, Chad Townsend, Tyrone Roberts, Ryley Jacks, Kurt Mann and more, and nobody can be certain who will be playing where next season.
    The dominoes are lined up and nobody knows how they will fall.
    And then comes Frawley, the bargain buy. Who can say some club won’t be left short and suddenly need a halfback.
    He could be the surprise beneficiary of all this madness and clubs could do a lot worse. He is providing tremendous value to Canterbury.
    Coach Des Hasler knows the worth of players like Frawley.
    In 2011 he had a young halfback named Daly Cherry-Evans on $75,000 a year and five-eighth outside him, Kieran Foran, playing for $115,000 a season and they took Manly all the way to the premiership. They got a little upgrade afterwards.
    Frawley is on second-tier money and his true value at Canterbury is he is finally making Josh Reynolds and Moses Mbye appear somewhat close to the salaries they command.
    Together, without Frawley, Mbye and Reynolds bump into each other.
    They are runners and not organisers, their games similar enough that they leave the Bulldogs absent a natural playmaker to guide them around.
    With Frawley thrown in, both are better. Hasler is using Frawley perfectly.
    He puts a big number on his back that tells everyone he is coming off the bench and he leaves him there while Reynolds and Mbye run out in the halves with Michael Lichaa at hooker. It is no permanent arrangement.
    Lichaa is there to take the sting out of THE game, particularly defensively, as Mbye plays wider.
    When the edge has gone from the contest and the Bulldogs can drift a little from their high completion, low error mentality, Mbye slips into dummy-half and Frawley arrives to guide home the performance.
    Hasler’s concession to Frawley’s talent is he no longer carries four tight forwards on his bench. He hardly used the fourth change, anyway.
    Canterbury are a better team with Frawley.
    That is a little tough love for the Bulldogs, who pay top dollar for Reynolds and Mbye to be their established star halves and for Lichaa to be the dummy-half, but who must concede Frawley’s talent might be the difference. And his value is on the rise.
    After toiling for so long in the minors Frawley is on the verge of something grand. He is a triumphant story. A chance to celebrate what the game can do for young men who work hard.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:31 pm

White Lightning wrote:It's good to see Macca with a b/e of 62 this week as his price could start coming down. Having said that he's more than capable of matching his b/e but maybe this week he can do me a favour & have a quiet one.
    Other players that have a 60+ b/e this week are:
    J. Friend b/e 68, Cleary 64, Croker 62, Vaughan 63, McInnes 69, C. Walker 60, Nofo 59 (ok that's not 60+) & Norman 72. There's a few round 12 players there.
    Haha bringing in Norman for Moses quickly becoming worst trade of year
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:41 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I would go Lamb to Kodi as Lamb scores too many negative points re missed tackles & also because Jacks will play rounds 15 & 18 when Cronk is on origin duty. Being so high in the rankings it sure would be tempting to bring in Leilua even if he does play origin. You have to be proactive to cement your ranking position & to gain ground so I would do the Leilua trade as well.

Thanks mate, I keep thinking about the Leilua trade but the fact that it wont leave much cash in the bank and that his name is also being thrown around for origin, is making me second guess myself.

Now you've got me thinking about trading out Lamb instead of Jacks, I have to look into it further. Having someone else for rd 15 & 18 will be very handy, problem is though he may lose a ton of cash by then playing off the bench.
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:45 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Wouldn't Brodie Croft come in for Cronk because he plays a similar role to Cronk ?
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Alright, who is BJ? I even sorted all the centre players alphabetically and no one has that initial. So it must be someone that has a name that sounds like "blow job"
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:48 pm

mango wrote:

Thanks mate, I keep thinking about the Leilua trade but the fact that it wont leave much cash in the bank and that his name is also being thrown around for origin, is making me second guess myself.

Now you've got me thinking about trading out Lamb instead of Jacks, I have to look into it further. Having someone else for rd 15 & 18 will be very handy, problem is though he may lose a ton of cash by then playing off the bench.

Surely it can't be too long until Munster replaces Jacks at 6 so I hope that Jacks doesn't make the 17 & won't lose value. Jacks has a b/e of 29 this week so he could go close to matching it so hopefully he won't lose too much value.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Forgot about Croft, that throws another spanner in there!
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm

@ hymen.

BJ Leilua
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Alright, who is BJ? I even sorted all the centre players alphabetically and no one has that initial. So it must be someone that has a name that sounds like "blow job"

Leilua's first names have the initials BJ (BJ Leilua) so that's why he's called BJ because of the obvious connotation as you said.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Is Crichton here for the long haul or replacing someone
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:08 pm

quicksand wrote:

Wouldn't Brodie Croft come in for Cronk because he plays a similar role to Cronk ?

I read something a little while ago (can't remember where sorry) that Croft had not been progressing as hoped and would be in reserves for a while longer
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:15 pm

I reckon this will happen this week: Tyrone Roberts will start at #1 and Hayne will come off the bench.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Haha bringing in Norman for Moses quickly becoming worst trade of year

I did Moses to Gutherson after Round 3 so don't feel alone! Has cost me points, cash, trades and rankings.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Is Crichton here for the long haul or replacing someone

As an unconvinced non-Crichton owner, I was considering trading Siro to Crichton this week.. but I'm a H2H player, so I quickly dismissed it.

I thought his missed tackles would lead to an inevitable hooking and maybe even a week down in reserve grade as is the norm for relatively unknown youngsters, but it doesn't seem like he's been defending badly these last couple of games.

Personal experience with Souths forwards tells me to be wary still and if he didn't have shit H2H byes, I'd probably take a shot.

I think his numbers will come down a bit though, a 58 average is unsustainable for most. People will lose their shit if he scores 35 this weekend though, and that's not a bad score.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:44 pm

hymenbustas wrote:Is Crichton here for the long haul or replacing someone

Turner has moved to prop which now seems like a permanent thing, which opened up that second row position. Crichton has always been on a lot of people's radars (including myself) and now that he's finally been given that shot, it's simply his spot to lose. Turner offered nothing on the edges where Crichton is much dominant and explosive. The front row position is suiting Turner. I don't see any reason why this would change.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:19 am