NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Share
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4110
    Reputation : 871
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Archer on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:34 pm

    Mighty Fishes wrote:

    Check your inbox. I think you'll be surprised
    affraid Fap Circle Jerk Fap
    This is one sexy image, background worthy. You bloody legend!

    Frol

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 25
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Frol on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:35 pm

    Showbags wrote:seeing everyone throwing out teams for suggestion..

    Smith Brailey
    Tolman, Wallace, Faufusi, JWH
    Gallen, ET, Crichton, Hess, Bodene, MCK
    SJ, Lamb, Elgey, Jacks
    Smat, Aubs, Moga, Idris
    RTS, Slater, Cotric, Hayne, Fogerty
    +53k ITB

    Trade one set for ET to Whitehead. ET just not doing enough to warrant keeping him. Struggling to hit 45 despite the minutes and already at his top dollar. Whitehead is on the way up.

    The main area needing help is Halfs, really want to dump Jacks and Elgey, Lamb is holding his spot until Norman bottoms out in a couple of weeks so will have to stomach a few 30s.

    So trade option 2 is for a cut price half or wfb if possible, unless someone can see a better option

    Lamb, LG or Jacks for Niko
    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 929
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 pm

    Showbags wrote:seeing everyone throwing out teams for suggestion..

    Smith Brailey
    Tolman, Wallace, Faufusi, JWH
    Gallen, ET, Crichton, Hess, Bodene, MCK
    SJ, Lamb, Elgey, Jacks
    Smat, Aubs, Moga, Idris
    RTS, Slater, Cotric, Hayne, Fogerty
    +53k ITB

    Trade one set for ET to Whitehead. ET just not doing enough to warrant keeping him. Struggling to hit 45 despite the minutes and already at his top dollar. Whitehead is on the way up.

    The main area needing help is Halfs, really want to dump Jacks and Elgey, Lamb is holding his spot until Norman bottoms out in a couple of weeks so will have to stomach a few 30s.

    So trade option 2 is for a cut price half or wfb if possible, unless someone can see a better option
    Have you thought about maybe bringing in k Niko? Might free up a bit more cash and has a low be.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 3698
    Reputation : 865
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 pm

    Archer wrote:
    affraid Fap Circle Jerk Fap
    This is one sexy image, background worthy. You bloody legend!

    Thought you would like it Very Happy
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 1171
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2016-02-07
    Location : Isle of Man

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:38 pm

    Frol wrote:

    Minimum priced cash out that should play while TPJ injured then disappear

    Interesting
    Thanks
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9062
    Reputation : 1380
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Welshy on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:39 pm

    Archer wrote:
    affraid Fap Circle Jerk Fap
    This is one sexy image, background worthy. You bloody legend!

    Mighty Fishes wrote:

    Thought you would like it Very Happy
    Dont think @Random will enjoy his new avatar as much as Archer does Laugh 3
    avatar
    Showbags

    Posts : 936
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2016-01-29

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Showbags on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:41 pm

    Onthebeatpete wrote:
    Have you thought about maybe bringing in k Niko? Might free up a bit more cash and has a low be.

    just not 100% on him, never saw the game. How much of his score was due to his try? Especially as I need to double trade him.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 3698
    Reputation : 865
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:44 pm

    Welshy wrote:


    Dont think @Random will enjoy his new avatar as much as Archer does Laugh 3

    Haha that's why I gave Archer Croker back as there'd be too many Frizs in his underwear running around
    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 929
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:51 pm

    Ok, after talking this out with my partner (who doesn't care LaughingLaughing ), I've decided to go with this for this week.... I figure I can upgrade Hampton next week to Nikorima, Milford or similar.

    C. Smith (c), (A. McCullough)
    A. Fifita, J. Graham, (J. McGuire)
    E. Whitehead, P. Gallen, S. Mannering, (C. Harawira Naera)
    S. Johnson, B. Hampton
    J. Leilua, N. Cotric
    J. Tedesco, R. Tuivasa Sheck, J. Hayne (K. Ponga)

    Other Cash cows: Elliot, Stone, Kelly, Idris, Abbey.

    Depending on if Thurston and Coote return next week I could upgrade Ponga and Hampton to a gun half.
    So just going to cop Hamptons shit score for one week.
    And then upgrade CHN to J. Bromwich once he bottoms out.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9062
    Reputation : 1380
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 30
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Welshy on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:59 pm

    Mighty Fishes wrote:

    Haha that's why I gave Archer Croker back as there'd be too many Frizs in his underwear running around
    Didnt want to delve into my borderline collection until I win the big season bet with archer haha
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 3698
    Reputation : 865
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:00 pm

    Welshy wrote:
    Didnt want to delve into my borderline collection until I win the big season bet with archer haha

    Fair call haha
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4110
    Reputation : 871
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Archer on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:05 pm

    Welshy wrote:
    Didnt want to delve into my borderline collection until I win the big season bet with archer haha
    Teddy beat Rapa (over the season)? That was one hell of an easter weekend you're coming off.
    avatar
    AL

    Posts : 300
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2016-01-10

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by AL on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 pm

    Frol wrote:

    Minimum priced cash out that should play while TPJ injured then disappear

    And he is DPP which could help during the bye rounds shuffle.
    avatar
    mango

    Posts : 593
    Reputation : 112
    Join date : 2016-02-17

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by mango on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 pm

    Onthebeatpete wrote:Ok, after talking this out with my partner (who doesn't care LaughingLaughing ), I've decided to go with this for this week.... I figure I can upgrade Hampton next week to Nikorima, Milford or similar.

    C. Smith (c), (A. McCullough)
    A. Fifita, J. Graham, (J. McGuire)
    E. Whitehead, P. Gallen, S. Mannering, (C. Harawira Naera)
    S. Johnson, B. Hampton
    J. Leilua, N. Cotric
    J. Tedesco, R. Tuivasa Sheck, J. Hayne (K. Ponga)

    Other Cash cows: Elliot, Stone, Kelly, Idris, Abbey.

    Depending on if Thurston and Coote return next week I could upgrade Ponga and Hampton to a gun half.
    So just going to cop Hamptons shit score for one week.
    And then upgrade CHN to J. Bromwich once he bottoms out.

    Thats a great side you have there, it totally justifies your current high rank. How are you going for trades and spare cash?

    I've been looking at my team not knowing what trades to make this week, may need some insight from some fellow fanatics by the looks of it.
    avatar
    BroncHose

    Posts : 957
    Reputation : 228
    Join date : 2016-03-16

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by BroncHose on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:12 pm

    There have been a few uneasy people about Knik. I'll throw this out for consideration:

    The beat up about Knik's 7 week trial is a super coach ploy.
    He was left as the halfback in ISP for a few extra weeks to refresh his skills and build confidence in the position. When there - he was scoring plenty of tries (although I note Milch's point last week that his base stats were only about 30ish)
    With Hunts injury, he was given a sharp reminder that he's not to rest on his laurels by floating a couple of rookies (who were never really a chance) and timeframing his audition.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's already the first choice no7 in 2018 and its just the super coach managing his motivations and confidence.

    Watching the replays on 360 and Sterlos show tonight, and he looked good at picking when to run and offload. Happy to hit the line and with the offseason of building bulk in his shoulder he's hitting the line hard. His size and fill in at HOK is keeping his defence honest (as will lining up next to Gillett).
    I think he'll be kicking the ball long a bit more over the next few weeks, so I'm hoping he's a solid bet.

    Assuming Jacks is going to be broken, Lambs average scores are hurting me more than a Jacks that can sit in rehab.

    Lamb out, KNik into the starting 17 for me this week.
    Probably Siro out for Whitehead too.
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 989
    Reputation : 315
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Pookus McFly on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:14 pm

    Onthebeatpete wrote:Ok, after talking this out with my partner (who doesn't care LaughingLaughing ), I've decided to go with this for this week.... I figure I can upgrade Hampton next week to Nikorima, Milford or similar.

    C. Smith (c), (A. McCullough)
    A. Fifita, J. Graham, (J. McGuire)
    E. Whitehead, P. Gallen, S. Mannering, (C. Harawira Naera)
    S. Johnson, B. Hampton
    J. Leilua, N. Cotric
    J. Tedesco, R. Tuivasa Sheck, J. Hayne (K. Ponga)

    Other Cash cows: Elliot, Stone, Kelly, Idris, Abbey.

    Depending on if Thurston and Coote return next week I could upgrade Ponga and Hampton to a gun half.
    So just going to cop Hamptons shit score for one week.
    And then upgrade CHN to J. Bromwich once he bottoms out.

    Is Stone not starting for the knights this week? You could always take the punt on him if CHN is in ressies. If CHN played I would be tempted to reserve him and Stone and leave Hayne NPR.
    Nothing wrong with putting in a player knowing he will likely score average. I will play Herman Ese'ese again this week, who can give me anything from 15-50. Hampton probably puts you in a similar boat. No doubt he gets more gametime though, his 40 mins in the second half changed the team dynamic compared to Leary's 40 in the first.
    I assume you will run Cotric through the round 12 bye, but then he will have peaked and you will have to choose a permanent CTR keeper to upgrade to. What are you thoughts on who you will choose?
    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 929
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:16 pm

    mango wrote:

    Thats a great side you have there, it totally justifies your current high rank. How are you going for trades and spare cash?

    I've been looking at my team not knowing what trades to make this week, may need some insight from some fellow fanatics by the looks of it.

    Thankyou Very Happy not great on either, have only banked 1 trade so far. Hopefully I can upgrade Hampton next week and then I'm putting my foot down for no trades for a while.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 5297
    Reputation : 1547
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:18 pm


    If Hayne makes the starting 17 - play him or Suli

    (this is where Ponga over Abbey would have been a whole lot better decision)
    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 929
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:24 pm

    @Onthebeatpete wrote:Ok, after talking this out with my partner (who doesn't care  ), I've decided to go with this for this week.... I figure I can upgrade Hampton next week to Nikorima, Milford or similar.

    C. Smith (c), (A. McCullough)
    A. Fifita, J. Graham, (J. McGuire)
    E. Whitehead, P. Gallen, S. Mannering, (C. Harawira Naera)
    S. Johnson, B. Hampton
    J. Leilua, N. Cotric
    J. Tedesco, R. Tuivasa Sheck, J. Hayne (K. Ponga)

    Other Cash cows: Elliot, Stone, Kelly, Idris, Abbey.

    Depending on if Thurston and Coote return next week I could upgrade Ponga and Hampton to a gun half.
    So just going to cop Hamptons shit score for one week.
    And then upgrade CHN to J. Bromwich once he bottoms out.

    Is Stone not starting for the knights this week? You could always take the punt on him if CHN is in ressies. If CHN played I would be tempted to reserve him and Stone and leave Hayne NPR.
    Nothing wrong with putting in a player knowing he will likely score average. I will play Herman Ese'ese again this week, who can give me anything from 15-50. Hampton probably puts you in a similar boat. No doubt he gets more gametime though, his 40 mins in the second half changed the team dynamic compared to Leary's 40 in the first.
    I assume you will run Cotric through the round 12 bye, but then he will have peaked and you will have to choose a permanent CTR keeper to upgrade to. What are you thoughts on who you will choose?




    Yeah he is, I was thinking stone too. Scored a solid 38 last week and is starting this game but heard JFH may be out and not sure if Cartwright will play so have just left it on CHN for now.
    He plays in the game before Stone so can always swap him over.
    I agree with Hampton, thought green would have started him but fingers crossed there is a late switch for him to start before the game.
    I've been playing Idris with cotric on the bench but he's going really well at the moment and haven't really thought about trading him out. Would love to maybe bring in tom turbo
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2616
    Reputation : 212
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 32

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 pm

    Suli named at centre?? Has he played there this season??

      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:22 am