NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:51 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned but Wardle named at starting 2rf for Knights in their amended 19. Yates currently 18th man on extended bench, behind Feeney who I suppose might spell Levi at hooker with Buhrer out.

Wardle has started at 2RF last 2 weeks, with Buhrer shifting to hooker.

But Buhrer has been shifting to the pack when Levi comes on. With Levi now starting, that isn't a concern anymore, so odds are good for Wardle to get decent game time.

Priced at $215k, I reckon he can get up to $300k or more whilst Buhrer is out.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by GreenMachine Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I've gone off Crichton. nto because of any real doubt over his minutes/scoring.

But because my halves are Gutherson, Lamb, Jacks and Elgey. And its far more important to fix that up than to bring in another forward.

Pretty tempted by Wardle. If he does well this week think I might bring him in to my centres next week.

Massively this. I have the same halves and it's dire. Nothing worse than looking at a weekly league match up against SJ+1 with this riffraff
    difO
    difO

Post by difO Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:This is a random, minor annoyance to post about but since there's no footy on, I might as well post about something. It gives me the shits that every week on NRL.com's fantasy preview shows they answer a question from the Warriors Joker fan.
    All you have to do is get yourself a gimmick and suddenly you're somebody. Geez only the Warriors considering they have that Mr Bean fellow too. I mean where's the other nutcases like Souths guy, Bulldogs William Wallace guy and that Chooks fan with the giggity giggity signs on Twitter.  

Maybe I should make an account posing as one of them and get a guaranteed answer every week. Why am I even posting about this? Fuck I don't know, who cares, I just like ranting sometimes.  

all you have to do is turn up to virtually every home game for 10 years dressed in a ridiculous outfit and you will be sweet.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:47 pm

My round 12 is screwed anyway, so thinking fuck it;

Musgrove - Critchon
    Jacks - Hampton (for cash)

next week;

Any downgrade anywhere
    Lamb to Walker

Would get Walker this week but want to take a punt on Crichton.
    ty22

Post by ty22 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:15 pm

is barnett a hold for now then? been underwhelming; was going to do barnett > crichton and kelly > bj
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:23 pm

ty22 wrote:is barnett a hold for now then? been underwhelming; was going to do barnett > crichton and gunkelly > bj

Maybe...

I'm still making the Barnett to Crichton trade with origin in mind, and I'll use the cash to upgrade Guth to Cwalker.

code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm

silvertop wrote:

Mate were you around playing dream team when there was no reverse trades option?

Wouldn't mind if this became a thing again actually.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Wardle has started at 2RF last 2 weeks, with Buhrer shifting to hooker.

But Buhrer has been shifting to the pack when Levi comes on.  With Levi now starting, that isn't a concern anymore, so odds are good for Wardle to get decent game time.

Priced at $215k, I reckon he can get up to $300k or more whilst Buhrer is out.

Wardle is tempting, if he can pump out the same scores as Sione for $100k less. Think I'll wait a week though to get a handle on what Brown's doing...whether he has a four forward bench or if he carries the legend Feeney as interchange hooker. If the latter (or if Kostjacyn back soon) it should be good for Wardle's minutes. The main unknown is how Newcastle play with a Wardle/Sione/Barnett back row...seems a bit lightweight to me and subject to change if they start getting thumped.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Guth + Lamb to walker + Crichton
    or
    Guth + MCK to Critchon + Whitehead

Leaning towards option 1 as I dont think I need Whitehead at this stage and if he kills it, I can always bring him in for mck later by downgrading Yates.

Option 1 gives me alot stonger 17 overall

Smith Brailey
    JWH Wallace Faufusi Yates
    Gallen Bodene ET Hess Crichton MCK
    SJ Walker Jacks Elgey
    Aubs Smat Moga Idris
    RTS Slater Cotric Hayne Fogerty
    +76k ITB

Depending on form, next week will be Wallace/Faufusi to Tolman/Graham. Downgrade Yates/Elgey so the following week MCK to Surgess. Without getting lucky on cows from eels/rabbits. Will give me the following amount of players in the major byes at a cost of 4 more trades. Putting me on 20 trades at round 12 to maximise trades (ie mcinnes + Friend in for Brailey + Smith to give me another 50pt player in each round
    Rnd 12 =13
    Rnd 15 = 15
    Rnd 18 = 13

Last edited by Showbags on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm getting Frawley now he's named in the 19. He'll get plenty of minutes, is a worker and will eventually be starting HB for sure, if not tomorrow night. He us the only one who can kick in GP and Des has no choice. Worth the risk.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Archer wrote:

Simplest answer is that south's play like busteds, lose and Madge gets the shits? I legitimately don't know, why didn't he run like this to start with if this is how he likes it? Was there some injury he was sweating on?

Plenty of reasons. Mainly because Crichton is a relative rookie and he was easing him into 80 minutes. He's there now. Pretty common really. Throw in the fact we are down one genuine FRF and Turner foots the bill. No injury caused his 80 minutes.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:52 pm

Rabbit wrote:I'm getting Frawley now he's named in the 19. He'll get plenty of minutes, is a worker and will eventually be starting HB for sure, if not tomorrow night. He us the only one who can kick in GP and Des has no choice. Worth the risk.

Frawley starts I am awfully tempted to skip critchon/whitehead and jump straight to Lolo/Surgess.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 pm

Showbags wrote:Guth + Lamb to walker + Crichton
    or
    Guth + MCK to Critchon + Whitehead

Leaning towards option 1 as I dont think I need Whitehead at this stage and if he kills it, I can always bring him in for mck later by downgrading Yates.

Option 1 gives me alot stonger 17 overall

Smith Brailey
    JWH Wallace Faufusi Yates
    Gallen Bodene ET Hess Crichton MCK
    SJ Walker Jacks Elgey
    Aubs Smat Moga Idris
    RTS Slater Cotric Hayne Fogerty
    +76k ITB

Depending on form, next week will be Wallace/Faufusi to Tolman/Graham. Downgrade Yates/Elgey so the following week MCK to Surgess. Without getting lucky on cows from eels/rabbits. Will give me the following amount of players in the major byes at a cost of 4 more trades. Putting me on 20 trades at round 12 to maximise trades (ie mcinnes + Friend in for Brailey + Smith to give me another 50pt player in each round
    Rnd 12 =13
    Rnd 15 = 15
    Rnd 18 = 13

Nice team Very Happy I like your first option.
    Strengthens up your halves.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Showbags wrote:

Frawley starts I am awfully tempted to skip critchon/whitehead and jump straight to Lolo/Surgess.

I've already got Surgess. Can't afford LoLo yet, but I definitely want him....maybe after origin. In the meantime I'm hoping Crichton or Hess can get numbers not far below. Ambitious I know, but stranger things have happened.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Rabbit wrote:

I've already got Surgess. Can't afford LoLo yet, but I definitely want him....maybe after origin. In the meantime I'm hoping Crichton or Hess can get numbers not far below. Ambitious I know, but stranger things have happened.

Surgess will have to wait 2 weeks for me. Next week I am bringing in one of tolman/graham, especially if frawley keeps bench role, those 2 will be gold during byes.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:

Nice team Very Happy I like your first option.
    Strengthens up your halves.

Yeah while I miss out on whitehead, i am no longer depressed seeing jacks/lamb in my starting 17
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:18 pm

Pretty quiet in here tonight. Has everyone gone camping for the long weekend.

How many of us will be on our phone during family commitments this weeked checking team lists.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:18 pm

. [/quote]
    Eh, I have just never really quite got on board with the Bird hype. I do see his ability and potential. But that doesn't mean I think it's worth breaking the bank to keep him. As I said, I know I'm in the minority of Shark fans who feel this way.

I would love for us to sign JRey! I think he's fantastic, I love how much enthusiasm he plays with and I think he'd be great for us. It's nice to see someone else who would like this too, most people seem to not want him. But then again most people didn't want Ennis to sign either, and look at how that turned out.[/quote]

Yeah i remember my initial disappointment when Ennis signed, oh how wrong i was then....now seeing Brailey unravelled i see why we let Lichaa go.

code delta wrote:

Lol

Did my trades on Monday and only revisited them 10 times on Tuesday, 8 times yesterday and only 3 times today.Very Happy

Unless I change my mind tomorrow I'll stay with JWH to NBrown and Yates to the Crighton.  More upside and buys better I'd think.

Mull it up hey mate

Last edited by Revraiser on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:21 pm

code delta wrote:

Lol

Did my trades on Monday and only revisited them 10 times on Tuesday, 8 times yesterday and only 3 times today.Very Happy

Unless I change my mind tomorrow I'll stay with JWH to NBrown and Yates to the Crighton.  More upside and buys better I'd think.

We all approach it differently dont we, i actually never process trades and reverse them. I only get to the trade screen.and tinker there sometimes, before averting and back to team page.
    Where are u at Delta ? Oz / Kiwi or Pom ?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:29 pm

Bloody 7am Bulldogs game, might have to start work early so i have an excuse to wake up haha

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 am