NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 22

GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 22 - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 22

Post by GreenMachine Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:47 am

So renegades were spot on without Talakai and Jennings tweet Rolling Eyes

Hideous performances. I thought Talakai could be a good tackle busting option. The guy is a complete muppet and there'll need to be several injuries and suspensions for him to be anywhere near their 17

I'm such a centre trade whore too. Going to prioritize TTurbo above the likes of Whitehead so I can stop dealing with and looking at the position
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 22 - Page 25 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 22

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:52 am

Not sure this has been mentioned yet as I haven't caught up on the 20 odd pages I missed last night.

NRL.com doesn't get updated squad lists from coaches, they are just told who is dropping out of the 21. So when Friend dropped out of the 21 they assumed Watson was starting hooker despite the fact Robinson was planning to start Carter. Same thing with Sione. They lost Elliot so shuffled Peter Mata'utia to fullback, Sione to centre and Yates to 2nd row. Notice how Gagan is currently the 17th man? I assume Wardle will come in for him and go to centre with Sione back to 2nd row
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:00 am

GreenMachine wrote:So renegades were spot on without Talakai and Jennings tweet Rolling Eyes

Hideous performances. I thought Talakai could be a good tackle busting option. The guy is a complete muppet and there'll need to be several injuries and suspensions for him to be anywhere near their 17

I'm such a centre trade whore too. Going to prioritize TTurbo above the likes of Whitehead so I can stop dealing with and looking at the position

Aubs is quickly becoming a must have in the centres. Too pricey for me at this stage.

The way the concussion is these days, just wait for a player to have a concussion affected game, then pick them up on the cheap two weeks later.

I am one that doesn't have Talakai and Jennings, but Moga and TRD are on par if not worse.

FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:07 am

Those damn Burgess brothers.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:09 am

Warriors wrote:

Aubs is quickly becoming a must have in the centres. Too pricey for me at this stage.

The way the concussion is these days, just wait for a player to have a concussion affected game, then pick them up on the cheap two weeks later.

I am one that doesn't have Talakai and Jennings, but Moga and TRD are on par if not worse.

Yeah it's such a horrible position that I think it's worth paying overs for a set and forget player.

I've dodged the Moga bullet. Mainly because he's had tough fixtures. He will score ok in the odd easy match but you'd want to have him as 3rd or 4th choice centre ideally
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 am

Archer wrote:Who's everyone's prediction for highest scorer this week btw? I reckon I'll keep on the running halves theme and go with SJ. Either that or Tigpies will implode and it will be someone like JAC. I have neither  Rolling Eyes

I'll predict Johnson to score well this weekend.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:46 am

Warriors wrote:

With so many bullets fired, everyone must have copped a couple.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:05 am

Happy birthday @SI you softcock! Hope you have a great one mate! 

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 22 - Page 25 5d9231ec1e1a34e1bfacf869b10c348f
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:07 am

Happy birthday @SI 

@Mearcats what do I do with Moses haha
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:14 am

Get off him lad
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 am

I read you penniless trade idea before and liked it although am not massively comfortable with not having some bank.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Not sure this has been mentioned yet as I haven't caught up on the 20 odd pages I missed last night.

NRL.com doesn't get updated squad lists from coaches, they are just told who is dropping out of the 21. So when Friend dropped out of the 21 they assumed Watson was starting hooker despite the fact Robinson was planning to start Carter. Same thing with Sione. They lost Elliot so shuffled Peter Mata'utia to fullback, Sione to centre and Yates to 2nd row. Notice how Gagan is currently the 17th man? I assume Wardle will come in for him and go to centre with Sione back to 2nd row

Who would you trade out this week and play the other this week then probably trade them to Whitehead next week out of Siro and Smat.

1) As in sell siro this week, play Smat, then sell smat next week to Whitehead.

2) Sell smat this week, play Siro, then sell siro next week to Whitehead.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 am

Neither am I, but I'm even less comfortable with a non playing nuffie.
    Unless Field gets a decent run in the future
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:22 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Neither am I, but I'm even less comfortable with a non playing nuffie.
    Unless Field gets a decent run in the future

Wouldn't do Field... Chuck your team up and proposed trade ideas and I'll have a look mate. I have a few hours to kill before work and am happy to do some breakdowns for peeps
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:25 am

GreenMachine wrote:So renegades were spot on without Talakai and Jennings tweet Rolling Eyes

Needs the ball before he can bust a tackle.

Feels odd that he was first cab off the ranks and it seemed like they didn't know how to use him.

They should have watched youtube highlights of hurrell, laumape, kata and said 'see them, do that'

He just kept himself firmly in his centre position in attack and didn't try follow around Walker or Johnston when they made those breaks up the middle to try bump off disorganised defenders and then offload.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 am

Smith, Brailey
    Fifi, Vaughan, Kaufusi, Musgrove
    McGuire, ET, KBrom, SMat, Siro, Yates
    Moses, Lamb, Jacks, Elgey
    Cotric, Talakai, Kelly, Idris
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, Suli, Abbey

Proposed trade was: 
    Moses > Norman
    Hayne > Ponga/Slater

Leaves 10k/60k

Have at it pal
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:47 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Smith, Brailey
    Fifi, Vaughan, Kaufusi, Musgrove
    McGuire, ET, KBrom, SMat, Siro, Yates
    Moses, Lamb, Jacks, Elgey
    Cotric, Talakai, Kelly, Idris
    Turbo, RTS, Hayne, Suli, Abbey

Proposed trade was: 
    Moses > Norman
    Hayne > Ponga/Slater

Leaves 10k/60k

Have at it pal

Ok, so you have a couple of issues that I can see currently. Moses is a heavy rocks n diamonds kinda player. The problem is, will he be more rocks or diamonds? I feel he's one of those players that when he hit a vein of form it can last a month to weeks and he bangs out 60+ each rd but it's impossible to predict when that will happen. Going him to Norman is a great trade (although not 100% due to concerns surrounding Normans hammy) and I'd pull the trigger on that no worries.

Then, the next concern is money. We know Seggy is around now so that may affect Brailey in the near future. If/when it does, what is your contingency plan? They way I see it, you have Hayne as a cashout option but you have carried him this long for a reason. Fortunately, you also have some other good money generators in your side as well. 

Here's how I would tackle it. Do the Norman trade this week and if you can do it in a straight swap, awesome. If not, I'd go with Ponga over Slater. Slater has better security sure but has already been told that if he ain't injured he's basically a walk in to SOO. Plus, it leave you a little more ITB. The second option is to drop Jayne, move Cotric to WFB, SMat to CTR and look for a cheap 2RF (keep an eye on team lists for Capewell perhaps or someone like Stimson or MCK if he can keep the CTR spot) or kill off a spot in your second row. If you do kill a spot off, make sure it's a DPP player so you can move SMat around. 

I know it's early to be killing off a spot but if you need to do so, better to do it in the 2RF where you have 6 slots than in the halves. 

Long and short, Normans byes and consistency mean he is a much better option than Moses. He may go off this week for all we know but his volatility make him a trade out for me. Then, just make sure you have a plan for coin to cover Brailey if need be in the next few weeks.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:51 am

Cheers pal, always a great source of wisdom. I'm pretty sure I can to the trade in one and will leave me with 20k or there abouts.
    KiwiWarriors
    KiwiWarriors

Post by KiwiWarriors Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:01 am

Is anyone else having this issue?  I cant ever see this weeks BE.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 22 - Page 25 Captur10
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:03 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Cheers pal, always a great source of wisdom. I'm pretty sure I can to the trade in one and will leave me with 20k or there abouts.

The advantage of doing it in one is that a) you save a trade and b) it gives you a little bit of a chance to see what happens with a few other blokes this week. 

I'd be keeping a close eye on three things. Whether Capewell starts (if he does he should get DPP following this round) what happens with SMat and AFB. I am a big AFB fan, you could bring him in via multiple DPP's (Jayne out, Cotric, SMat and Kaufusi move and AFB in).

Also, watch some of those players like KBrom, Siro etc. Needa follow their BE's and scores and get ready for them to peak with an offload strategy in mind.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 pm