NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Share

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2237
    Reputation : 442
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by No Worries on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:37 am

    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/dave-smith-quits-as-nrl-ceo-after-three-years-in-charge-john-grant-named-interim-boss/story-fnp0lyn3-1227575173749

    Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off Flip Off

    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

    Posts : 525
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2015-09-24

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Disruptive Trolling on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:41 am

    Greatest 24 hours in Phil Gould's life.

    Krump

    Posts : 2188
    Reputation : 306
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Krump on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:46 am

    Bye Dave. I hope John Grant isn't planning on getting too involved while they look for someone else, the guy is a muppet.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by SI on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:07 am

    @Krump wrote:Bye Dave. I hope John Grant isn't planning on getting too involved while they look for someone else, the guy is a muppet.

    This.

    Krump

    Posts : 2188
    Reputation : 306
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Krump on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:24 pm

    Will this be enough to appease Fox and get negotiations back on track? Apparently they need one of the games given to Nine to make it viable.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by SI on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:50 pm

    So can only imagine we won't see the draw till December now, if at all this year.

    RhinoNQ

    Posts : 46
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2015-10-12

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by RhinoNQ on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:04 pm

    @SI wrote:So can only imagine we won't see the draw till December now, if at all this year.

    Brisbane 24 friday night games at home

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 6881
    Reputation : 907
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Bren on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:41 pm

    Any idea on who his replacement will be? Hopefully someone who has played the game before and knows the difference between Benji and Ben

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by SI on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:10 pm

    @RhinoNQ wrote:
    @SI wrote:So can only imagine we won't see the draw till December now, if at all this year.

    Brisbane 24 friday night games at home

    tru dat

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2237
    Reputation : 442
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by No Worries on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:23 pm

    @Bren wrote:Any idea on who his replacement will be? Hopefully someone who has played the game before and knows the difference between Benji and Ben

    Except none of them have the credentials to run $100M+ per annum business.

    Pain

    Posts : 997
    Reputation : 152
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Pain on Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:53 pm

    We have just had a couple a cracking years of footy though. Just saying.

    Krump

    Posts : 2188
    Reputation : 306
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Krump on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:29 am

    @Bren wrote:Any idea on who his replacement will be? Hopefully someone who has played the game before and knows the difference between Benji and Ben
    I don't agree with most on this issue. If there are people employed who do then there's no reason the CEO needs to know the game, not screwing the TV deal would be nice.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2237
    Reputation : 442
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by No Worries on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:59 am

    Barry O'Farrell

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 6881
    Reputation : 907
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Bren on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:56 am

    @Krump wrote:
    I don't agree with most on this issue. If there are people employed who do then there's no reason the CEO needs to know the game, not screwing the TV deal would be nice.

    Having a CEO who loves the game would also be nice.

    Krump

    Posts : 2188
    Reputation : 306
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Krump on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 am

    Iv'e changed my mind about Smith, Rebecca Wilson reckons he was a failure so he must have done something right.

    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 5895
    Reputation : 587
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by SI on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:02 am

    REINSTATE GALLOP NOW!

    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 3621
    Reputation : 595
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:21 am

    @Krump wrote:Iv'e changed my mind about Smith, Rebecca Wilson reckons he was a failure so he must have done something right.

    She is such a cunt.

    I remember she gave it to Todd Carney after he broke team rules and drank when she shouldn't. Considering she's been done for drink driving she probably shouldn't act like an entitled cunt. Just because daddy works for the media doesn't mean you can sling shit at anyone. I'd be hard pressed to work out who's a bigger piece of shit, Buzz or her.

    Stew

    Posts : 53
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2015-10-01

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Stew on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:09 pm

    Stew will have a crack at it.

    Krump

    Posts : 2188
    Reputation : 306
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Krump on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:15 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    She is such a cunt.

    I remember she gave it to Todd Carney after he broke team rules and drank when she shouldn't. Considering she's been done for drink driving she probably shouldn't act like an entitled cunt. Just because daddy works for the media doesn't mean you can sling shit at anyone. I'd be hard pressed to work out who's a bigger piece of shit,  Buzz or her.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Dave Smith Goooooooooooooooone !!

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:48 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    She is such a cunt.

    I remember she gave it to Todd Carney after he broke team rules and drank when she shouldn't. Considering she's been done for drink driving she probably shouldn't act like an entitled cunt. Just because daddy works for the media doesn't mean you can sling shit at anyone. I'd be hard pressed to work out who's a bigger piece of shit,  Buzz or her.

    Is that you Michael Lawler??

      Current date/time is Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:18 am