NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Share
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3795
    Reputation : 877
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by filthridden on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:15 pm

    SI wrote:

    Not at all.   Allthough 28 from 52 minutes does translate to that.  He averaged closed to 45 last full season he hd.  That is what we have to go on.

    He is priced at 22ish.  He has the potential to hit some big scores.  He also has the potential to be busted 2nd game in.

    I would be happy with 30's at that price instead of 10's and 16's.

    So not a keeper but more of a stepping-stone to a keeper? That makes more sense but still don't see it worth trading a Suli to him who should average similar/maybe slightly less but still make the same coin if not more.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Guest on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:15 pm

    Chewie wrote:Anyone keen to jump on T-rex?

    Been there, done that.

    Spoiler:
    avatar
    Cake Tiger

    Posts : 309
    Reputation : 103
    Join date : 2015-11-11

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Cake Tiger on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:16 pm

    Spectre said it on the last thread. Getting rid of Taylor now makes no sense.

    Whoever comes in has no preseason, limited ability to bring players in and a club legend gone because he didn't get on with the coach they just fired.

    Four significant players are off contract this year. I remember Gus Gould saying we should judge the young halves after they've played 50 NRL games. Well, they have now and they were both dogshit on Sunday. I would bin one or both of them - no way should they be dictating who the club brings in as coach.

    Clowns in charge at the Tigers.
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3795
    Reputation : 877
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by filthridden on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:17 pm

    No Worries wrote:New Zealand Warriors half Kieran Foran is under investigation for allegedly signing his services to six NRL club simultaneously.

    The troubled former Manly star has had a tumultuous couple of years which has seen him hop from Manly to the Eels and then to The Warriors in less than 18 months.

    “I just want to keep my options open which is why I’ve decided to play for most of the clubs in the NRL next year,” Foran said.

    “ if possible I’d love to play for the Bulldogs in March 2018, then migrate to Townsville for a few months, spend a week on the Gold Coast with the Titans and possibly finish with the Storm towards finals time.”

    The New Zealand Warriors have not yet released a statement regarding the news but are expected to have the shits.

    It took me a while to realise this was supposed to be funny and when I did, at the same time, I realised it isn't funny.

    Is this from the betoota? Their material is usually pretty weak like this.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 5109
    Reputation : 763
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by wolfking on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:20 pm

    No Worries wrote:New Zealand Warriors half Kieran Foran is under investigation for allegedly signing his services to six NRL club simultaneously.

    The troubled former Manly star has had a tumultuous couple of years which has seen him hop from Manly to the Eels and then to The Warriors in less than 18 months.

    “I just want to keep my options open which is why I’ve decided to play for most of the clubs in the NRL next year,” Foran said.

    “ if possible I’d love to play for the Bulldogs in March 2018, then migrate to Townsville for a few months, spend a week on the Gold Coast with the Titans and possibly finish with the Storm towards finals time.”

    The New Zealand Warriors have not yet released a statement regarding the news but are expected to have the shits.

    Thanks for the update.
    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 929
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:22 pm

    SI wrote:

    Hey OTBP Very Happy

    O'neill just a concussion I thought?  Feldt looked pretty fucked up by the end of the game.  Looking at Ponga?  He was very sharp.

    Hey Si, Very Happy
    Yeah, O'Neil hurt his hamstring and feldt hurt his ankle and hyperextended his knee. 
    Both were going for scans today
    Bought in Ponga As a reserve last week in the hope he would impress and knock Bowen off the pecking order when everyone returns.
    In a game where the cowboys were horrible, Ponga was still able to create 2 LBA and 7 TBs for a total of 38 points and $18k. Hope he can stay there a little longer as he looks promising.


    Last edited by Onthebeatpete on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    VikingTaxman

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2017-03-08

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by VikingTaxman on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:27 pm

    Should I trade not-so-Thursty in for a more productive half? Currently have JT & Blake Austin [w/Hampton & L. Croker as substitutes] - Thoughts?
    avatar
    Onthebeatpete

    Posts : 929
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2016-04-02
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Onthebeatpete on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:36 pm

    VikingTaxman wrote:Should I trade not-so-Thursty in for a more productive half? Currently have JT & Blake Austin [w/Hampton & L. Croker as substitutes] - Thoughts?

    Thurston always seems to start off slow, I've had him the last 2 years. 
    His first 2 rounds were great with 48 points, the cowboys were horrible last game which would explain his 3rd round score.
    Can you afford to upgrade to someone like C. Norman or S. Johnson?
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 989
    Reputation : 315
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Pookus McFly on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 pm

    ET is on his last notice. Another 60mins or sub 50 score and he will become Whitehead next week so fast it will make his ears bleed
    avatar
    charliemurphy

    Posts : 274
    Reputation : 29
    Join date : 2016-02-04

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by charliemurphy on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:43 pm

    Pookus McFly wrote:ET is on his last notice. Another 60mins or sub 50 score and he will become Whitehead next week so fast it will make his ears bleed

    Bigger fish! With players dropping like McFlies, surely you've got more important issues?
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 989
    Reputation : 315
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Pookus McFly on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:46 pm

    charliemurphy wrote:

    Bigger fish! With players dropping like McFlies, surely you've got more important issues?

    +1

    Not particularly. But I do have Latrell Mitchell and DCE on notice too!
    avatar
    VikingTaxman

    Posts : 30
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2017-03-08

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by VikingTaxman on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:47 pm

    Onthebeatpete wrote:

    Thurston always seems to start off slow, I've had him the last 2 years. 
    His first 2 rounds were great with 48 points, the cowboys were horrible last game which would explain his 3rd round score.
    Can you afford to upgrade to someone like C. Norman or S. Johnson?


    I can afford Norman!

    You said though that you've had thurston for 2 years? As I can trade in for Norman - is this still a wise move? Thanks!
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4698
    Reputation : 689
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by White Lightning on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:49 pm

    What I am hoping with the new Tigers coach is that he starts Idris & gets rid of MCK who has been less than impressive so far. The Tigers need some size in their backs.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 5297
    Reputation : 1547
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Milchcow on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:50 pm

    White Lightning wrote:What I am hoping with the new Tigers coach is that he starts Idris & gets rid of MCK who has been less than impressive so far. The Tigers need some size in their backs.

    I'd rather he dump Naiqama and play Idris/MCK as centres
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4698
    Reputation : 689
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by White Lightning on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm

    Milchcow wrote:

    I'd rather he dump Naiqama and play Idris/MCK as centres

    Yeah good point Naiqama has looked poor & that dropped ball that led to the try by Cotric was schoolboy stuff.
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 989
    Reputation : 315
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Pookus McFly on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:53 pm

    White Lightning wrote:What I am hoping with the new Tigers coach is that he starts Idris & gets rid of MCK who has been less than impressive so far. The Tigers need some size in their backs.

    Fantasy wise, I was going to punt Idris this week, but I am thinking along similar lines since the news broke. Definite hold until the new coach names his preferred roster.
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4698
    Reputation : 689
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by White Lightning on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:55 pm

    Pookus McFly wrote:

    Fantasy wise, I was going to punt Idris this week, but I am thinking along similar lines since the news broke. Definite hold until the new coach names his preferred roster.

    Yeah I'm glad I kept both Idris & Talakai as they look like their fortunes might change & get some game time.
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2759
    Reputation : 848
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Chewie on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:55 pm

    Bren wrote:

    Been there, done that.

    Spoiler:

    Lol
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 2971
    Reputation : 417
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:57 pm

    New coach probably ain't going to make a drastic shift of the roster. When has a caretaker coach ever come out and really been ballsy? I mean I can't actually remember but stability seems to be the first order of business.
    Still Taylor makes some baffling selection decisions that should be rectified. I mean Matt McIllwick is a better dummy half option than Littlejohn but gets only half the game time he should.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4889
    Reputation : 622
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 21

    Post by Random on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:58 pm

    @Viking post up yoir squad mate, from memory it needed some work and JT was the least of troubles

      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 pm