NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Pieman
    Pieman

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Dip wrote:

You lost me at Woods (though he did play okay for a change). McGuire would definitely be there based on game 1. Luckily teams aren't selected on the back of 1 game.

Im not the biggest fan of woods but he had a great game 1.
    I stand by what I said.
    Pieman
    Pieman

QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: QLD State of Origin 2019 Thread

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Wallace got off..

hahaha

Isnt this the time when all the QLDers scream about conspiracy etc etc??
    Too funny. Clearly should have been suspended but, oh thats right its origin, all rules go out the window.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Pieman wrote:Wallace got off..

hahaha

Too funny. Clearly should have been suspended but, oh thats right its origin, all rules go out the window.

As long as you play for QLD, we don't get afforded the same luxury. IE Graham.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Lol. Comparing Wade Graham, a repeat offender with carryover and 50% loading trying to take off JT's head, with Wallace, who was out of position after Ayshford changed direction after a forward pass went to ground.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Dip wrote:Lol. Comparing Wade Graham, a repeat offender with carryover and 50% loading trying to take off JT's head, with Wallace, who was out of position after Ayshford changed direction after a forward pass went to ground.
    regardless of offence or offender, The Wallace charge gets a week under normal circumstances
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Dip wrote:Lol. Comparing Wade Graham, a repeat offender with carryover and 50% loading trying to take off JT's head, with Wallace, who was out of position after Ayshford changed direction after a forward pass went to ground.

Was no worse than what McGuire did to Fifita on Origin 1, when he was held and couldn't see it coming.
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Welshy wrote:
    regardless of offence or offender, The Wallace charge gets a week under normal circumstances

No it doesn't. Sam Burgess and Jorge Taufau got off for virtually identical scenarios. Add to it that Ayshford was actually well ahead of the ball when he changed direction into Wallace, you would have ran behind him had he not done that. That gets let off every day of the week at the Judiciary. Show me one like it that wasn't dismissed.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Pieman wrote:Wallace got off..

hahaha

While this is the origin thread and opinions can sometimes be heated and somewhat one eyed I think both NSW and QLD have both received some leniency at times regarding origin players. While this is not always the case, there are examples from both sides of the border. I might have to do some more research on the matter to refresh my memory however didn't Josh Reynolds escape suspension one year (I think it was a tripping charge or something) and suited up for NSW that week?
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Was no worse than what McGuire did to Fifita on Origin 1, when he was held and couldn't see it coming.

I agree, Wallace's wasn't worse. Though if you're talking about suspension worthy incidents that the player got away with, you should have referenced the Cordner chicken wing that deserved a grade 2.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Dip wrote:

No it doesn't. Sam Burgess and Jorge Taufau got off for virtually identical scenarios. Add to it that Ayshford was actually well ahead of the ball when he changed direction into Wallace, you would have ran behind him had he not done that. That gets let off every day of the week at the Judiciary. Show me one like it that wasn't dismissed.
    Regardless of changing direction its still a shoulder charge to the head and neck area 
    He turns and leads with his shoulder, plenty of time for him to go in low on Ayshford

bracing himself or not that is a shoulder charge
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Nrl judiciary committee chairman Cam Smith found Wallace not guilty due to the attacker Blake Ayshford deliberately running the ball up.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:22 pm

No Worries wrote:Nrl judiciary committee chairman Cam Smith found Wallace not guilty due to the attacker Blake Ayshford deliberately running the ball up.

Lol

Far too clever to be your original material but funny nevertheless
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Welshy wrote:

I tend to agree if I am being honest.

But i'd like to think that this outcome was purely based on common sense prevailing.

It's honestly the stupidest fucking rule in the game and realistically does SFA to protect players anyway - would love to see some decent research on whether it has had any effect on players welfare because one thing for sure is that suspending blokes for incidental contact is by definition a waste of time.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:26 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I tend to agree if I am being honest.

But i'd like to think that this outcome was purely based on common sense prevailing.

It's honestly the stupidest fucking rule in the game and realistically does SFA to protect players anyway - would love to see some decent research on whether it has had any effect on players welfare because one thing for sure is that suspending blokes for incidental contact is by definition a waste of time.

i agree with this

he should have got suspended and guys like lolo who copped 2 weeks have the right to be filthy about it (like they should be filthy about surgess getting off) but even with him being a QLDer i don't really love the idea of him missing his origin debut over that

rats and filth to the rescue i guess!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:36 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

incidental contact is by definition a waste of time.
    There are 3 things you can guarantee in life.

Death.

Taxes.

OSM claiming incidental contact when a player shoulder charges someone and hits said target in the head.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:43 am

leaguegod wrote:glasby is a plodder, but defends well and wrestles like smith, i dunno how all these media personalities haven't noticed him, i want a penalty awarded for every 2nd or 3rd tackle he makes when he plays the dogs, not as good as smith but he does it well.

the reason i like his selection is because QLD don't need to win the forward battle to win, they just limit the damage and slow us down, the periods they are on top, they still have the clearly superior spine to put enough points on the board

their bench will be under alot of pressure but ultimately its a much better team then game 1

starting cooper next to JT and moving papali to the middle over myles is massive upgrade to the starting team, as always first 20 will be vital and while the maroon bench is a bit of a ? their starting  pack is good enough to match ours

Exactly, I can see papalii playing 13 or front row and they are relying on him for the hitups now - glasby is there to slow the ruck down, which he apparently does very well for melboune. He isnt there to run over anyone, he is there because Cam Smith trusts him to do the same thing he does for melbourne.
    As you said mate, if the QLD forwards can hold their own and keep it relatively even in the middle - the superior spine should get QLD home.

This game will be well and truly won in the forwards for NSW or won in the backs for QLD - with the qld forwards holding their own in the middle.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:15 am

Pieman wrote:
    There are 3 things you can guarantee in life.

Death.

Taxes.

OSM claiming incidental contact when a player shoulder charges someone and hits said target in the head.

I didn't downvote this and I actually had a bit of a chuckle TBH.

You are still undoubtedly a moronic fucking simpleton but just thought I would let you know.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 am

Have an upvote mate Wink
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am

Pieman wrote:Have an upvote mate Wink

I downvoted this blatant attempt at trying to seek some attention/kudos.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:30 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I downvoted this blatant attempt at trying to seek some attention/kudos.

I upvoted this blatant attempt at trying to bring Pieman down, and because you have nothing else positive in your life.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 pm