NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Share
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2125
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 14, 2017 11:36 am

    Just such a shame TTrbo is injured. Such an exciting player to watch.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2125
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 14, 2017 11:36 am

    What about JAC on the left wing?
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2125
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 14, 2017 5:15 pm

    Also, Mitchell fucking killing it back from his "rest" today.
    Absolutely dominating his opposition so far this game.

    Ice

    Posts : 786
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Ice on Sun May 14, 2017 7:10 pm

    Pieman wrote:What about JAC on the left wing?

    Nope

    Ice

    Posts : 786
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Ice on Sun May 14, 2017 7:13 pm

    Pieman wrote:Also, Mitchell fucking killing it back from his "rest" today.
    Absolutely dominating his opposition so far this game.

    Got the chocolates against Avua and Hoffman, some top shelf opponents there, but I guess you can only beat what's in front of you. 3rd best of the back 5 for the roosters though.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2125
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Pieman on Sun May 14, 2017 8:37 pm

    Ice wrote:

    Got the chocolates against Avua and Hoffman, some top shelf opponents there, but I guess you can only beat what's in front of you. 3rd best of the back 5 for the roosters though.

    lol

    scored a pretty fucking good try with his first touch of the footy, his defence was great. Was great to see him bounce back after being dropped.
    Yeah fergo had a blinder, so did gordon.

    They could do worse than pick gordon on the wing if Trbo and Hayne arent going to be there.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1411
    Reputation : 239
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 am

    Pieman wrote:Also, Mitchell fucking killing it back from his "rest" today.
    Absolutely dominating his opposition so far this game.

    lol. Marked up on Aua'va, in a game where his team won by 30.

    If anything, it pushed him further down the pecking order, as he was outshone by the rest of the Roosters backline and Jennings on the other side of the ball/field.

    Dip

    Posts : 1238
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Dip on Mon May 15, 2017 10:02 am

    There would need to be about 10 injuries for Mitchell to be considered this year. If I was a NSW supporter I'd be hoping he regularly puts in performances like that so when guys like Jennings, the Morris twins and Hayne are retired or on last legs in a 2-3 years, you'd feel comfortable putting him in there, along with guys like TTurbo, Teddy, etc.

    Speaking of origin, last year BJ was being talked about as unlucky for missing out. This year he'd be lucky to be talked about as an option. There's a lot to be said about picking people who year after year put in above average, if not brilliant performances in club football.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3357
    Reputation : 932
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by No Worries on Mon May 15, 2017 11:49 am

    On current form Mitchell couldn't score if he marked up against Tim Simona
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1411
    Reputation : 239
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Mon May 15, 2017 12:40 pm

    No Worries wrote:On current form Mitchell couldn't score if he marked up against Tim Simona

    I thought Simona's ban covered NSW cup aswell?

    Ice

    Posts : 786
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Ice on Mon May 15, 2017 6:02 pm

    Currently my team assuming only TTurbo is out and the rest are fit is:

    1. Tedesco
    2. Ferguson
    3. Dugan
    4. Bird
    5. Hayne
    6. Moylan
    7. Maloney
    8. Woods
    9. Peats
    10. Fifita
    11. Frizell
    12. Cordner
    13. Graham

    14. Peachey or Pearce (both being different things but I think both could do a great job depending on how they are used)
    15. Klemmer
    16. J Trbojevic
    17. Vaughan (Would be fine with James or Paulo also)
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 474
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by dasherhalo on Mon May 15, 2017 6:24 pm

    I have this feeling Moylan is going to develop into one of the Maloney-type players, that I write off year after year because they're no real threat... then.... wallop!

    Because honestly - I read "Moylan" at 6, and had a chuckle. But...

    Honestly can't belly laugh at any of them. Except Woods. Maybe Dugan for being made of crystal. Even Ferguson impressed me in the Aus game. Hit top speed, and did NOT slow down for that length of the field try.

    Oh yeah. And Hayne. Poser Wink
    avatar
    dasherhalo

    Posts : 474
    Reputation : 105
    Join date : 2015-10-23

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by dasherhalo on Mon May 15, 2017 6:25 pm

    Pieman wrote:What about JAC on the left wing?

    Help me out. "Just another C*nt?"???

    F*cking acronyms.

    Dip

    Posts : 1238
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Dip on Mon May 15, 2017 8:34 pm

    dasherhalo wrote:

    Help me out. "Just another C*nt?"???

    F*cking acronyms.

    Josh Addo-Carr.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9488
    Reputation : 1705
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by SI on Mon May 15, 2017 8:50 pm

    Dip wrote:
    dasherhalo wrote:

    Help me out. "Just another C*nt?"???

    F*cking acronyms.

    Josh Addo-Carr.

    Dasher's is universal for any Blues player.

    Ice

    Posts : 786
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Ice on Tue May 16, 2017 9:29 am

    dasherhalo wrote:I have this feeling Moylan is going to develop into one of the Maloney-type players, that I write off year after year because they're no real threat... then.... wallop!

    Because honestly - I read "Moylan" at 6, and had a chuckle. But...

    Honestly can't belly laugh at any of them. Except Woods. Maybe Dugan for being made of crystal. Even Ferguson impressed me in the Aus game. Hit top speed, and did NOT slow down for that length of the field try.

    Oh yeah. And Hayne. Poser Wink

    He is 1 from 1 in the 6 at Origin level.

    Moylan is class. I still don't know why Griffin is persisting with Cartwright at 6 when he Has Moylan there. He is always the most influential player for the panthers in victory. When he takes control and decides to own the game instead of letting his halves dominate, the Panthers win and we saw that on the weekend. He played second fiddle and his FB role in the first. Half and then in the second said, stuff this, I'm in control now.

    Dugan is always an injury concern, no doubt there.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2125
    Reputation : 176
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Pieman on Tue May 16, 2017 4:54 pm

    ryno_ wrote:

    lol. Marked up on Aua'va, in a game where his team won by 30.

    If anything, it pushed him further down the pecking order, as he was outshone by the rest of the Roosters backline and Jennings on the other side of the ball/field.

    yeah mate, no missed tackles, no errors, scoring a try on his first touch (the first try of the match), his defence leading to a couple of tries put him down the pecking order lol.
    Then praised by the coach after the game.
    It was a great bounce back game after being dropped for a few games.

    He wont get picked this year, and shouldnt. But far out, he is clearly going to play rep footy in the next few years.

    Ice

    Posts : 786
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Ice on Tue May 16, 2017 8:28 pm

    Pieman wrote:

    yeah mate, no missed tackles, no errors, scoring a try on his first touch (the first try of the match), his defence leading to a couple of tries put him down the pecking order lol.
    Then praised by the coach after the game.
    It was a great bounce back game after being dropped for a few games.

    He wont get picked this year, and shouldnt. But far out, he is clearly going to play rep footy in the next few years.

    So we agree he won't get selected this year (funnily enough if Hayne is out I got a funny feeling they might just throw him to the wolves). But what is a few years?? Next year, the year after? Is that taking into consideration injuries or are we just assuming good form Tom force his way in?

    Ice

    Posts : 786
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by Ice on Tue May 16, 2017 8:29 pm

    FTR, it was a solid return game for the guy, nobody is disputing that.
    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1411
    Reputation : 239
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NSW State of Origin side 2017

    Post by ryno_ on Wed May 17, 2017 7:38 am

    Pieman wrote:

    yeah mate, no missed tackles, no errors, scoring a try on his first touch (the first try of the match), his defence leading to a couple of tries put him down the pecking order lol.
    Then praised by the coach after the game.
    It was a great bounce back game after being dropped for a few games.

    He wont get picked this year, and shouldnt. But far out, he is clearly going to play rep footy in the next few years.

    He was the 2nd best NSW centre on the field - considering the mortgage a healthy Dugan has on 1 centre spot, yes, he slipped further from contention for the 2nd centre SOO nod.

    He didnt play badly but he's far from playing himself into a representative jersey. He didnt even play City/Country FFS and that had Cheyse Blair up against Nathan Ross. If he's "clearly going to play rep footy in the next few years" - what position? Theres multiple fullbacks ahead of him, about a half dozen centres and a bunch of wingers... and those guys ahead of him arent near hanging it up. Even Jennings, who seems like hes been around forever is only in his 20s.

      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:26 pm