NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 16

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 16

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Spend money upgrading Pyhton to Moga, then sit and watch that game with only Moga playing....... Rolling Eyes He'll probably get dropped next week. Why the fuck did Milford not pass him the fucking ball!?!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 16

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:52 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

Taumalolo and Thurston both around 28%

Granviulle, McCullough, Hess, Milford all around 10%

Shows how small groups like ours really are.
    Pretty much 0% of this forum would choose Jake Granville, yet he is more popular than McCullough

Group think is interesting. If you look at Renegades (or whatever it is now) Fantasy Bosses - a composite of 15 top Renegades teams ( http://renegadesfs.com/index.php/nrl-fantasy/item/1527-rfs-bosses-round-1) you'll see quite a few differences to what's going on around here.

Notably:
    No McInnis (or McCullough)
    Very low SMat and McGuire ownership
    Very high ownership of Fifita and JGraham
    1 Norman owner, 0 Tedesco

The low SMat is very surprising.  Aside from last year's PPM at SRF, he was very impressive in the trials and a SRF with Centre DPP!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:55 pm

@Welshy is Macca>the Friz? Asking for a friend.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:58 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Group think is interesting. If you look at Renegades (or whatever it is now) Fantasy Bosses - a composite of 15 top Renegades teams ( http://renegadesfs.com/index.php/nrl-fantasy/item/1527-rfs-bosses-round-1) you'll see quite a few differences to what's going on around here.

Notably:

Some woeful selections there. Plenty starting with multiple dead spots or soon to be dead spots. If this is the best that they have to offer they aren't much competition.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:58 pm

SI wrote:@Welshy is Macca>the Friz?  Asking for a friend.
    Getting there mate

Love

He was outstanding today
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 pm

SI wrote:

The low SMat is very surprising.  Aside from last year's PPM at SRF, he was very impressive in the trials and a SRF with Centre DPP!

I don't read too much renegades but they were not keen on SMat in pre-season.

Surprised none of them went McInnes or McCullough - I'd say most people here at least considered them.

A few of us thought about Fogarty as DPP NPR but I did not see Tyrone May's name mentioned once.

Can you just imagine their WFB if RTS doesn't recover from his concussion and Hayne gets dropped for discipline. They'd be fucked.

Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:07 pm

For those who held onto or still can reverse any Phythian trade the Coote/Winterstein injuries could open up the Ponga possibilty....
    SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

Post by SpotTheOzzie Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:09 pm

SI wrote:Group think is interesting. If you look at Renegades (or whatever it is now) Fantasy Bosses - a composite of 15 top Renegades teams ( http://renegadesfs.com/index.php/nrl-fantasy/item/1527-rfs-bosses-round-1) you'll see quite a few differences to what's going on around here.

Notably:

The low SMat is very surprising.  Aside from last year's PPM at SRF, he was very impressive in the trials and a SRF with Centre DPP![/quote]

Domino effect. One guy has the idea checks it by guy two, guy three also agrees all of a sudden 4,5,6 person in the group goes along with it because guy 2,3 have etc.

The low SMat ownership is seriously poor fantasy playing. You can have a solid Fantasy scorer in a low scoring position who's undervalued or a cashie who yea does have a higher ceiling but statistically a lower scorer. For example Brian Kelly last round went up 11k scoring 29, but SMat also went up 11k but scoring 46.

The goal here is to eventually get a SMat [2nd row scorer] in the centre position. So why not do that from the get go if he's undervalued =/
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Welshy wrote:For those who held onto or still can reverse any Phythian trade the Coote/Winterstein injuries could open up the Ponga possibilty....

I've still got Phythian

Was planning on bringing in Burns or Jennings tomorrow. but think I might hold off

Abbey and/or Ponga would be better options if they can get a half decent run in their respective teams.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    SI wrote:

I don't read too much renegades but they were not keen on SMat in pre-season.

Surprised none of them went McInnes or McCullough - I'd say most people here at least considered them.

A few of us thought about Fogarty as DPP NPR but I did not see Tyrone May's name mentioned once.

Can you just imagine their WFB if RTS doesn't recover from his concussion and Hayne gets dropped for discipline. They'd be fucked.

Very surprising. Surely someone like Steve Nicholls wouldn't have ignored SMat? Maybe he did though, because his influence on that group is large.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 pm

SpotTheOzzie wrote:

Domino effect. One guy has the idea checks it by guy two, guy three also agrees all of a sudden 4,5,6 person in the group goes along with it because guy 2,3 have etc.

The low SMat ownership is seriously poor fantasy playing. You can have a solid Fantasy scorer in a low scoring position who's undervalued or a cashie who yea does have a higher ceiling but statistically a lower scorer. For example Brian Kelly last round went up 11k scoring 29, but SMat also went up 11k but scoring 46.

The goal here is to eventually get a SMat [2nd row scorer] in the centre position. So why not do that from the get go if he's undervalued =/

Agree.

I think as a final 17 a good pairing would be SMat + Whitehead (or maybe even Maubbs if Whitehead doesn't get DPP) And SMat is unlikely to ever be cheaper than his starting price.

Otherwise hope that someone like Dugan/Leilua/TTurbo strings a couple of low scores together and is available dirt cheap.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:15 pm

I mean plenty of us on here ignored guys like Tedesco, JDB, SJ which might be a mistake, but at least we have the excuse that they are expensive to start with.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I've still got Phythian

Was planning on bringing in Burns or Jennings tomorrow. but think I might hold off

Abbey and/or Ponga would be better options if they can get a half decent run in their respective teams.
    Ponga would be my no.1 priority out of Abbey/Burns/Montoya/Jennings but he still might not get named

I'm forced to wait a week anyway so at least get to watch Burns/Jennings and decide next week
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:17 pm

If Ponga plays f/b next week & you buy him & if Hayne underwelmes against the Knights would you play Ponga over Hayne.
    SpotTheOzzie
    SpotTheOzzie

Post by SpotTheOzzie Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 pm

Do you think Ponga will get a run after the paper from JT saying he made a mistake signing with the Knights last week? He should get the spot, but the Cowboys seem bitter
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 pm

White Lightning wrote:If Ponga plays f/b next week & you buy him & if Hayne underwelmes against the Knights would you play Ponga over Hayne.

Gold Coast is playing Parra in week 3. That will be interesting for what Hayne is going to do, Ponga or not
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:21 pm

SpotTheOzzie wrote:
    SI wrote:Group think is interesting. If you look at Renegades (or whatever it is now) Fantasy Bosses - a composite of 15 top Renegades teams ( http://renegadesfs.com/index.php/nrl-fantasy/item/1527-rfs-bosses-round-1) you'll see quite a few differences to what's going on around here.

Notably:

[/quote]

Yep. I think a lot of us had SMat in the Centres early, but when so many Centre cashies came up over the last month on top of Idris, we started him as a 4th or 5th playing SRF. I am thinking more of us actually have him in the SRF, with a view to moving him to the Centres once those cows have served their purpose.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:21 pm

[quote="Milchcow"]
    I mean plenty of us on here ignored guys like Tedesco, JDB, SJ which might be a mistake, but at least we have the excuse that they are expensive to start with.[/quote

I started with SJ & got JDB before Thursday lock out so I could captain him. I'm still backing him to outscore Smith.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:21 pm

SpotTheOzzie wrote:Do you think Ponga will get a run after the paper from JT saying he made a mistake signing with the Knights last week? He should get the spot, but the Cowboys seem bitter

if there is one spot available, Javid Bowen will get it. He was preferred last year, preferred in round 1 and is sticking around.

But looks like there might be 2 spots available with Winterstein and Coote going down. If so they will have to choose between Ponga and Hampton/Gela-Mosby

At some point they have to prioritise winning games over being snarky, and if Ponga is going to give them the best chance at that then he should play.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    I mean plenty of us on here ignored guys like Tedesco, JDB, SJ which might be a mistake, but at least we have the excuse that they are expensive to start with.

Huh? I selected all 3

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 pm