NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:39 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Happy that I seem to be the only one with Latrell. Less happy that I got him by downgrading Ted so I could go McInnis to Smith.

I see the above as solid. Latrell and Smith = beautiful.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:42 am

Finch wrote:

44 highest score for a team lol.

I know! And here I was before season working out how to get Panthers into my team because they were going to kill it. Ended up without any.

Still think Merrin will be worth a look in a few weeks. Pretty much zero carries today, that won't happen again, and if they struggle in the middle like they did today his minutes will go up.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:42 am

White Lightning wrote:Do we think J-Brom out will affect Smith's score. Smith gets a lot of points feeding J-Brom with lba's, tba's & ta's. Smith & J-Brom work together & it is a combo they have developed over the years. Smith darts out of dummy half & hits J-Brom on the burst. None of the Storm props will provide Smith with the same points potential.

Do u have smith WL ?

I know its a simple answer, but as it is Smith it will be him that finds another way to excel on the field and for fantasy still produce. Its cam smith, one of the best ever.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:45 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I know! And here I was before season working out how to get Panthers into my team because they were going to kill it. Ended up without any.

Still think Merrin will be worth a look in a few weeks. Pretty much zero carries today, that won't happen again, and if they struggle in the middle like they did today his minutes will go up.

and only played 44 minutes what he avg last year....65?
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:46 am

rhinoceroo wrote:An underwhelming 471/10 with captain Smith and no JDB/Ted/McInnis.

Mannering, Sione, Siro, SJ, Norman, Kelly, RTS to play. Need my halves to fire to catch up but it's a long season, think was in 15k place after first round last year but still came top 25.

We're almost in the same position lol. I'm 464/10 with the exact same players to go except I have the Guth and Lamb to play instead of Norman and Kelly. What an underwhelming week. Oh well it's a long season, final results will sort the contenders from the pretenders.
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:00 am

As a roosters supporter I cringe every time Tupou receives the ball coming from their line. He appears to have no understanding of what is required for those particular phases of play. He can be very productive for other players i.e Mitchell but overall he is a loose cannon that the chooks do not need.
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:18 am

520 from 10 for me, lamb, RTS, python, daifiti, kelly, siine and mannering to go. Fingers crossed...
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:43 am

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 13 - Page 5 Img_0010
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:58 am

They've updated mate
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:14 am

Honeysett wrote:They've updated mate
    App not opening for me mate, will check desktop now
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:33 am

Git gud Welshy. Your team is shite mate, no amounts of updates will change that Razz
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:34 am

I'm kidding. I can't give you shit after you defended us today Sad ; although if I'm being fair and honest i think it was probably forward, no more so than the 10-15 that happen directly off the ruck every game mind you (oh and when the penalty count is 11-3 you should probably get to behead one player without punishment... but that's another argument)
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:50 am

Mary basically been quoted as saying JDB would of played 80 had the game been close. Good to hear going forward.
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:28 am

I am still fuming about the raiders cowboys game

1) penalty count - I am more angry over the when penalties were given, almost always when cows coming out of own end. Yet when they are laying on us coming out there was none.

2) Thurston can get away with anything but nobody says anything because he is Thurston.
    Example santo bringing back ball after it was kicked dead. Thurston changes his line and shoulder charges him to slow him down. Now if that ball doesn't go dead ...clear penalty and possible week suspension. No penalty given but when we tap the ball slightly off centre we get slowed down and brought it back. Because you must play by the rules.

3) sin bin don't get me started by then I was so angry I had lost all reasoning,

4) forward pass in golden point .....  marginal. ...... there were probably about 10 in normal play just like that not called.

5) the try at the end just summed up the raiders luck perfectly

I left my house went for a run and came back at full time of titans game...... can anybody fill me in on any fantasy relevant news.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:45 am

Sashamaloo wrote:I am still fuming about the raiders cowboys game

1) penalty count - I am more angry over the when penalties were given, almost always when cows coming out of own end. Yet when they are laying on us coming out there was none.

2) Thurston can get away with anything but nobody says anything because he is Thurston.
    Example santo bringing back ball after it was kicked dead. Thurston changes his line and shoulder charges him to slow him down. Now if that ball doesn't go dead ...clear penalty and possible week suspension. No penalty given but when we tap the ball slightly off centre we get slowed down and brought it back. Because you must play by the rules.

3) sin bin don't get me started by then I was so angry I had lost all reasoning,

4) forward pass in golden point .....  marginal. ...... there were probably about 10 in normal play just like that not called.

I left my house went for a run and came back at full time of titans game...... can anybody fill me in on any fantasy relevant news.

It was all pretty gross mate but good signs for us if we can go up there and look the winners
    Goondalf
    Goondalf

Post by Goondalf Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:45 am

648/12 with Siro, Smat, Lamb, Tturbo and RTS to come

Happy with my Mitchell pick. Disappointing scores with Prior and Cleary.
    May look at Prior to Wallace this week
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:49 am

If Thurstom had thrown that flat ball, no call and try 100%. Thought the Raiders were robbed! Titans looked like the knights in first 25 they were fucking horrendous, Elgey and Taylor couldn't tackle a pensioner crossing the road! Hayne didn't want to be there, was slow and disinterested all game, Roosters were quality mind, Pearce and Keary combined very well and were in on everything
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:56 am

Goondalf wrote:648/12 with Siro, Smat, Lamb, Tturbo and RTS to come

Happy with my Mitchell pick. Disappointing scores with Prior and Cleary.
    May look at Prior to Wallace this week

What's your team look like? That's a great score with 5 to play. I'm 533 with 4 the same plus Kelly Norman Moeroa instead of Lamb
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 am

Based on what I caught (and my opinion is not worth much at 10 for 473):
    Hayne and Elgey were fantasy irrelevant and only converted terrible scores into short of acceptable scores by tries to both. Scores mitigated by ownership but elgey is not a player in your 17 at this stage. Hayne may have space to improve.
    Proctor injured for half a game which probably gave jwallace more playing time. He posted an it increase in score accordingly. May make a trade in option if u see him keeping some of proctors minutes.
    Roosters across the park owned the titans and the back 5 ran with a lot of energy to bust tackles and offload almost at will. Makes latrell Mitchell and Michael Gordon interesting.
    I had about 5 scorers in that game but Pearce and JWH performances didn't seem to translate into points. Looks like a good year though for the tri colours.
    Goondalf
    Goondalf

Post by Goondalf Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:26 am

Shanbon wrote:

What's your team look like? That's a great score with 5 to play. I'm 533 with 4 the same plus Kelly Norman Moeroa instead of Lamb

McInnes Brailey
    Fifita Prior Musgrove Papalli
    JDB Gallen Smat Siro Kaufusi Yates
    Cleary Lamb Elgey Jacks
    Mitchell Talakai Idris Kelly
    TTurbo RTS Hayne Cotric Phythian

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:04 pm