NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Wests Tigers 2017 Premiers

MrCashman
    MrCashman

Wests Tigers 2017 Premiers - Page 8 Empty Re: Wests Tigers 2017 Premiers

Post by MrCashman Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:06 am

Add Ben Teo to that list
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 am

Pieman wrote:Why play them if they 1. fucked the club over by taking so long and 2. Are not going to be there next year?

I see what your doing there Pieman, my sly little Pie munching friend, wanting another team to take your 3rd wooden spoon in a row off your hands. lol!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Yeah it's not a good result in terms of a percentage cut for Isaac but comparing what they signed with elsewhere to what the Tigers were/are offering is hardly a fair comparison.

If (heaven forbid) I was Aaron Woods and I signed with the Dogs for 50% of what the Tigers were offering, then I would be very happy with my manager.

Client satisfaction must be at an all time high.

Good backpedal mate
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:24 am

bluetige wrote:
    I see what your doing there Pieman, my sly little Pie munching friend, wanting another team to take your 3rd wooden spoon in a row off your hands. lol!

Twisted Evil Sauce
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:26 am

Pieman wrote:For tedesco - they could get Michael Gordon and watson/matherson
    For woods - they could get tolman and an outside back like lee or hoppa

Fuck I hate how much power the players have in league. The clubs should be in charge, not the players.

So do I but sometimes the clubs are worse, trying to move players on when they still have contracts just so they can sign someone better. Point being, Dogs sign woods and foran but will have to move on contracted players. I hate this.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:31 am

No Worries wrote:Plenty of play makers on the market this year, Matulino will be a good addition and someone else more starch than pillow like Graham. I'll take that
    Unfortunately I don't see it. He has been on the decline for the last 2 years. 

EDIT. Come to think of it, he should fit in well with the Tigers mediocrity.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 am

bluetige wrote:
    So do I but sometimes the clubs are worse, trying to move players on when they still have contracts just so they can sign someone better. Point being, Dogs sign woods and foran but will have to move on contracted players. I hate this.

Its why we need an actual trade system.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 am

Whats wrong with Robbie Rochow? The guy was a decent player 2 years ago, now he cant get a gig in that shithouse souths pack?

He is a solid back rower IMO. Could do worse than getting him from Souths too.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

It looks relatively impressive (taking into account I don't rate a lot of these blokes) when you write it down like that but in fairness if you did this for a lot of clubs I reckon you would also get a decent looking line up.

I can't be bothered actually doing the exercise but the Roosters for example would have blokes like Maloney, SBW etc.

Broncos would look poor but that is only because we are loyal to our players and they also don't want to leave...

I reckon if you did that list for most clubs it would look pretty good, but most clubs also have a fairly reasonable team remaining so bar for a couple of players who were headhunted, they left when that team had depth in that position. Tigers haven't made the final for 5 seasons so have been losing players and then playing shit. That was more my point. That also is players still in the NRL, not ESL or Union. If you added in guys like Te'o it'd be better still.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 am

Pieman wrote:Whats wrong with Robbie Rochow? The guy was a decent player 2 years ago, now he cant get a gig in that shithouse souths pack?

Rochow's not bad but there must be a reason he's not getting game time.

Speaking of getting players from Souths, I wonder if Robbie wants to come back

..........and Benji could too.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:52 am

Pieman wrote:Whats wrong with Robbie Rochow? The guy was a decent player 2 years ago, now he cant get a gig in that shithouse souths pack?

This is how I read your statement:

"There's a guy who used to be okay but now isn't even considered an option for a bench spot on one of the weakest forward packs in the league, even when they're injured or suspension ravaged. Why don't we sign him".

Were you on the Parramatta board between 2010 & 2014 Pieman?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 am

Nah but I follow a team with an arguably worse pack. A pack that he didnt want to be a part of even tho he was guaranteed a starting gig.

I also questioned "Whats wrong with Robbie Rochow?"
    I dont know if he is injured or whatever, but the guy actually was good 2 years or so ago.
    If he isnt hurt, I dont see why he couldnt be good again given the chance.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am

Yeah just teasing, I know what you meant. He certainly seems to have fallen off the face of the earth.

It is astounding with Souths how young guys like the Burgess twins have gone from world beaters to plodders. I mean George scored one of the great GF tries in 2014, these days you're amazed if he both catches the ball and makes 8 metres in a hit-up.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:06 pm

Woods and Tedesco must have had a movie night together, hope you packed rubbers

Never bothered showing up to the club to tell where they are heading next year.

Classy act by both players and manager

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:58 pm

They dont even have the courtesy to tell the club.
    Honestly, fuck them off to Reggies.
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:18 pm

After all the crap I had to put up with during the week, they played like a team

Ivan's bus is looking good no matter who stays or goes
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:58 am

Well done to the team, great to get the 2 points.

Some noticeable incidents from the game, courtesy of Wests Tigers Forum.
    Woods, Teddy and Moses received boos
    Brooks got the loudest cheers
    After Nofo scored he kissed the Tigers logo

Both Woods and Teddy say they haven't signed for anyone yet, so maybe there is still hope.
    And as for Woods having coffee with the Bulldogs players, apparently he took some baby stuff to give his best mate Klemmer because his wife gave birth recently. Sounds fair enough to me, I knew Klemmer was a real good mate, maybe the timing wasn't that good and if he wanted to give the Klemmers a gift he could have taken it to their house.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:07 am

Yeah I dont have a problem with the coffee thing, sure its not a great look but fuck, you can be friends with who ever you want (Unless you are andrew fifita).
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:08 am

bluetige wrote:
    And as for Woods having coffee with the Bulldogs players, apparently he took some baby stuff to give his best mate Klemmer because his wife gave birth recently. Sounds fair enough to me, I knew Klemmer was a real good mate, maybe the timing wasn't that good and if he wanted to give the Klemmers a gift he could have taken it to their house.

Just media making a mountain out of nothing again. So you're supposed to only be mates with your team mates now according to Fittler and Channel 9 hey?
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Terry Lamb was on the Matty Johns show and was interviewed by Fletch & Hindy and admitted he would of got 12 weeks for that hit on Ellery Hanley back in the 1988 Grand Final. He didn't say it was intentional but that's the first time I heard him admit that the tackle was suspension worthy.

Doesn't give us the Premiership though  Crying or Very sad

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 am