NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

Post by StuDogg101 Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 am

Chewie wrote:League 2 being the party league (according to the mainstream media, which is likely to be fake news)

Could call L2 the...

League of Legends

cheer
    Loomer
    Loomer

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition - Page 4 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

Post by Loomer Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 am

my tv broke wrote:

if you're running Brailey though it means you have the extra money spent elsewhere, so its not really a direct comparison. Eg Brailey allows for an extra gun 2rf.

EDIT wait i guess much of that extra money has gone to Smith. But it would still leave 150k ish left to upgrade elsewhere.

And if I had CS9 Brailey I'd want Brailey as an NPR making cash
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:13 am

Can people post these teams that have been named, please? Cheers.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:15 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:

I captained Leilua against the Knights last year. Got his lowest score of the year. Week or so after he scored two tries against the best defensive team in the comp.  

Point is I wouldn't. Warriors haven't won a Round 1 match since 2009. Not only would I not captain SJ I'd say Knights have a decent chance of winning

You should get a lift with Timmy down to the TAB then, you will get around $5.50 for the Knights at the moment.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:15 am

Warriors wrote:Does anyone think that running a running a combo of Farah/McInnes could be more fruitful than Smith/Brailey

For Example Smith 60-70 Brailey 30-35 = 90 - 105

vs McInnes 50-60 and Farah 47-57 = 97 - 117

Sure these scores are only opinions and the 140K cheaper option of Smith and Brailey equates to about 15 points difference, but if McInnes and Farah both get 80 mins to start the season they could actually be hitting near 60 points a game and be awesome. With Field on the bench I actually don't think McCrone will go to hooker but if he does (due to the Matthews injury) I have a feeling that McInnes could spend some time at lock. He was really impressive in pre season by all accounts and leading the endurance/fitness sessions.

Running with Brailey is all about milking the Ca$h cow
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:17 am

AL wrote:

You should get a lift with Timmy down to the TAB then, you will get around $5.50 for the Knights at the moment.

the +16 line offered for the knights looks pretty juicy actually.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:17 am

If Brailey turns out to be decent enough to make $ surely he will then be good enough to make most peoples 17s right?

He would be in mine anyway, which has me a little concerned based on a couple recent posts haha!
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:18 am

Direct quote from a poster on NRLSUPERCOACHTALK website:

"Read an article this morning on the back page of the telegraph that a couple of tigers players battling niggling injuries already (brooks and teddy with a hamstring issue, idris a knee strapped and Moses with a foot issue".
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:21 am

If running with Brailey and Api named without bench hooker (though I think Hastings could be today or in the future) having Api at HLF and Guth at WFB could be handy DPP strategy
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:22 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:If Brailey turns out to be decent enough to make $ surely he will then be good enough to make most peoples 17s right?

He would be in mine anyway, which has me a little concerned based on a couple recent posts haha!

That's my point, a lot of teams have Brailey or Elgey as 4th reserve pegged at about 30 points.
    Just feel the 1 position where there only 1 reserve you run with a 19 year old rookie that has three other options plus rumours all season of signing seggy (which could still happen).

Surely there will be other cash cows at bottom price that can hit 30's too? maybe not
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:22 am

Warriors wrote:Does anyone think that running a running a combo of Farah/McInnes could be more fruitful than Smith/Brailey

For Example Smith 60-70 Brailey 30-35 = 90 - 105

vs McInnes 50-60 and Farah 47-57 = 97 - 117

Sure these scores are only opinions and the 140K cheaper option of Smith and Brailey equates to about 15 points difference, but if McInnes and Farah both get 80 mins to start the season they could actually be hitting near 60 points a game and be awesome. With Field on the bench I actually don't think McCrone will go to hooker but if he does (due to the Matthews injury) I have a feeling that McInnes could spend some time at lock. He was really impressive in pre season by all accounts and leading the endurance/fitness sessions.

Smith likely to be your captain too. Smith averages 5 (ish) higher than Fifita, who is almost a must if youre not running smith. So when compaing examples with smith options V other options. Add an extra 10pts on Smiths average as his contribution
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:22 am

Warriors wrote:Direct quote from a poster on NRLSUPERCOACHTALK website:

"Read an article this morning on the back page of the telegraph that a couple of tigers players battling niggling injuries already (brooks and teddy with a hamstring issue, idris a knee strapped and Moses with a foot issue".

Brooks had a toothache last week, this week it's a hamstring, his biggest problem is his heart or lack of it

I think it's all mind games now
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:24 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:If Brailey turns out to be decent enough to make $ surely he will then be good enough to make most peoples 17s right?

What stops me from running with Brailey from the start is his fantasy score of 28 (51mins) at the last trial match...

just being cautious

Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:25 am

Chewie wrote:

Koro makes about 40 tackles when playing 80mins

Yeah different story if he plays 80
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:26 am

Honey Badger wrote:
    Rabbit wrote:What's wrong with picking Koro in the halves? If Brailey is a dud, he can switch there. I reckon he gets the full time hooker gig he's been craving and he is a 50+ scorer there. The Manly halves look set now with Green there. Ok....give it to me bounce

Didnt parcell leave because barrett wants his hooker to be a distributor rather than a runner? Koro would have to get all his points from tackles

I actually remember a quote saying the opposite, that he thought Parcell wasn't good enough in attack. Which a lot of us found absurd. Anyone else remember which way it was?
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:28 am

I'll back you up SI,thats the way I saw it too

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:29 am

StuDogg101 wrote:

Could call L2 the...

League of Legends

cheer

L2 is like a zoo!

Fish, Tigers and Bears (Pandas)

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition - Page 4 Oh-my-takei
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:30 am

Because the Sharks play first, you get a peak at what Brailey will do. If he completely bombs in rd 1, you could always downgrade a player in the following games before lockout to free up cash to upgrade Brailey the following week, therefore costing you the one trade instead of two. Thoughts?
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:30 am

That article claiming Tigers are injured is here,

Rookie sensation Moses Suli to make his NRL debut for Wests Tigers in round one

Adrian Proszenko 

Moses Suli, yet to play a NSW Cup game or finish an NYC fixture, is set to make one of the most remarkable NRL debuts for the Wests Tigers on Friday night.

Suli has earned a spot in the blockbuster clash against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium as a replacement for Tim Simona, who has been stood down following allegations he arranged bets against his team.

The shock elevation of Suli, who became the highest-paid player yet to play NRL when he signed a record $1.3 million extension, will give fans a chance to see what all the fuss is about.

The Bulldogs and Storm aggressively courted Suli, despite the fact back issues prevented him from finishing off his two NYC appearances. However, the teenage centre stuck with the Tigers and was rewarded with a call-up to the Auckland Nines.

Suli showed he wasn't out of place during that tournament and subsequent trials, prompting coach Jason Taylor to give him a call-up ahead of utility Jordan Rankin.

Suli will make his debut on the wing alongside centre Jamal Idris, who is also making his first appearance for the Wests Tigers.

While much of the hype in the lead-up to the Rabbitohs clash has focused on Robbie Farah's first game against the Tigers, the Suli-Idris combination will be another big talking point.

Suli trained on the wing on Monday and is expected to be officially named in the Tigers line-up on Tuesday.

The 18-year-old quit rugby league three years ago following the shock death of his father, Manu. When he eventually returned to the game to trial with Parramatta after a six-month sabbatical, he didn't make the cut.

However, the Fairfield United junior found a home at the Tigers and wants to honour his father's memory by becoming an established first grader.

"I want to make my dad proud," Suli said in a recent interview with Fairfax Media. "He always wanted me to play footy since I was born. That's all I wanted to do."

It's been far from a perfect preparation to the season-opener for the Tigers, who are nursing a series of niggling injuries to their biggest name players just four days out from their clash against the Rabbitohs.

Five-eighth Mitchell Moses missed most of the team's session on Monday and only had limited time at a restricted intensity as he battles to overcome bone bruising in his ankle.

His halves partner Luke [ltr]Brooks[/ltr], who has been hampered by a hamstring injury, required a rubdown on the injured leg during the team's session but is expected to play on Friday night.

Fullback James Tedesco spent the first half of training doing individual drills, later joining the team on a restricted workload.

Skipper Aaron Woods was given an early mark from training, finishing the session on the bike, while centre Idris required strapping on his knee as he prepares for his first game back in the NRL since 2015.

Idris, who left the Panthers on a personal journey of self discovery around the world, admitted he was itching to get back out on the paddock.

"It will all seem surreal until I run out on the field," Idris said. "That's when it will all hit me. It'll be a bit of fun, I'll tell you that much. That's what I miss more about it – the adrenaline rush you get. It's so addictive. The thing you miss most of all is actually running out on to that field.

"A night game, the lights shining down on you, thousands of people in the crowd and then you look up and see your own face on the big screen. That's what you miss – that rush is second to none. You run out on a footy field, that feeling for 80 minutes – it's actually insane."

[ltr]http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... umcew.html[/ltr]
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:31 am

SI wrote:

I actually remember a quote saying the opposite, that he thought Parcell wasn't good enough in attack. Which a lot of us found absurd. Anyone else remember which way it was?

Nah the quote was something like he doesn't want a running dummy half

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm