NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Share
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Simon Templar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:01 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    Good pickup ST

    Its just Chrome auto complete.

    I just type '20' into the thread title and then just go to the auto completed thread name and change the number at the end.
    Google is just keeping a long history of previous threads I have created

    Sounds plausible Milchy, but I prefer the theory that you are a closet Sharks supporter. Wink hehe
    .
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3804
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by filthridden on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:02 pm

    @Simon Templar wrote:.
    How come this new thread has a title referring to the 2016 season?

    Is Milchy a closet Sharks fan who doesn't want to let go of last season. Wink
    .

    Laughing

    Good to have you around, ST! :pp:
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3804
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by filthridden on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:06 pm

    "In 2017, NRL.com and the 16 NRL clubs will announce squads of 21 players at 4.00pm on Tuesdays, with 19-man squads named 24 hours prior to kick-off for every match."

    Well that's fucked us all, hasn't it?
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 5318
    Reputation : 1556
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:06 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:

    I think special exemption will be easy to obtain for any/every situation where a player gets injured between TLTa nd game day, but it will ONLY be ok'd by the NRL if its a lower quality player coming in as replacement, eg a reserve hooker/half/whatever.

    So for example, Shaun Johnson gets injured in thursdays training. There is no way it would be an expectation that teams would have a replacement half in their named 21. The NRL would have no problem allowing Mason Lino to replace SJ in that case.

    Coaches would most definitely name a replacement half in their 21 if a key player was under an injury cloud on TLT though.

    I suspect that is the intention behind how it will work.

    And that the sort of exemption that the NRL *won't* give is if the Sharks make a last minute decision that Valentine Holmes is OK to play after all.

    Have to see it in action for a little bit first before we see how it actually works.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 5318
    Reputation : 1556
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:07 pm

    @Simon Templar wrote:

    Sounds plausible Milchy, but I prefer the theory that you are a closet Sharks supporter. Wink hehe
    .

    Just for that, next thread is going to be the 2005 version.
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Simon Templar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 pm

    @filthridden wrote:"In 2017, NRL.com and the 16 NRL clubs will announce squads of 21 players at 4.00pm on Tuesdays, with 19-man squads named 24 hours prior to kick-off for every match."

    Well that's fucked us all, hasn't it?
    .
    Typical NRL on-the-hop over-reaction to a minor problem in which their solution creates more issues/problems than it resolves/solves. Razz
    .
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 1774
    Reputation : 231
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:10 pm

    @Chewie wrote:

    What stops me from running with Brailey from the start is his fantasy score of 28 (51mins) at the last trial match...

    just being cautious


    Do you think that means the back end of my 17 is too weak if 28 sounds ok to me as my 17th man? I guess its all retaliative though huh. 28 from your 17th is perhpas fine if, for arguments sake, you have 6 60+ men in ur team....

    But yeah, in the latest squad I was running with 28 would make my 17.
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Simon Templar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:11 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    Laughing

    Good to have you around, ST! :pp:
    .
    Haha! I think we are the last of the KOD brothers still on here filth. Wink
    .
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3804
    Reputation : 882
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by filthridden on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:13 pm

    @Simon Templar wrote:
    .
    Haha! I think we are the last of the KOD brothers still on here filth. Wink
    .

    KFP has taken over the reigns from us original brothers, I think... and no doubt the brotherhood will grow again in 2017! Laughing
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 3700
    Reputation : 493
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : SUNCORP STADIUM

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by my tv broke on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:14 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:And that the sort of exemption that the NRL *won't* give is if the Sharks make a last minute decision that Valentine Holmes is OK to play after all.

    Have to see it in action for a little bit first before we see how it actually works.

    the thing is, it won't change a lot. sharks could/should probably just name Holmes in #21 today just in case he wakes up thursday and the hammy is good to go.

    so any time a "best 17" player is a chance of returning the coach will just name him in the extended list. he could get named for weeks until he actually returns.

    what are they going to do around origin time for teams like Broncos/Cows/etc that have a heap of players involved in origin?


    Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Simon Templar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:16 pm

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:

    Do you think that means the back end of my 17 is too weak if 28 sounds ok to me as my 17th man? I guess its all retaliative though huh. 28 from your 17th is perhpas fine if, for arguments sake, you have 6 60+ men in ur team....

    But yeah, in the latest squad I was running with 28 would make my 17.

    IMO it's the total of your whole team that counts, not what any one particular player scores.
    .
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 968
    Reputation : 201
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by StuDogg101 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:19 pm

    Bren wrote:

    L2 is like a zoo!

    Fish, Tigers and Bears (Pandas)



    Woof
    avatar
    Feline

    Posts : 493
    Reputation : 110
    Join date : 2016-01-14
    Location : Alley

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Feline on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:23 pm

    @Chewie wrote:

    Cameron King named at #9

    Munster to fullback to cover Slater; Cameron Smith to halfback to cover Munster Razz
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Simon Templar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:24 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    KFP has taken over the reigns from us original brothers, I think... and no doubt the brotherhood will grow again in 2017! Laughing
    .
    lol!
    I think KFP is probably a victim of the KOD curse, and hence a long-lost member of the KOD family, but he is in denial and thinks he is all alone in the world. He should embrace his family.  Wink hehe
    .

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Guest on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:28 pm

    @Simon Templar wrote:
    .
    lol!
    I think KFP is probably a victim of the KOD curse, and hence a long-lost member of the KOD family, but he is in denial and thinks he is all alone in the world. He should embrace his family.  Wink hehe
    .

    So it is all your fault the players I trade in keep getting injured? Well that's a relief.

    Can you please post up your team before first lockout and warn us of any players you will be trading in. Please and thankyou.

    #cursefree2017 #yearofthepanda
    avatar
    Sik

    Posts : 886
    Reputation : 131
    Join date : 2016-02-01
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Sik on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:29 pm

    @Feline wrote:

    Munster to fullback to cover Slater; Cameron Smith to halfback to cover Munster Razz

    That would be unreal. Means you could run Smith, McInnes and Brailey.
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1555
    Reputation : 460
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by bluetige on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 pm

    @filthridden wrote:"In 2017, NRL.com and the 16 NRL clubs will announce squads of 21 players at 4.00pm on Tuesdays, with 19-man squads named 24 hours prior to kick-off for every match."

    Well that's fucked us all, hasn't it?
    So its 4pm this year is it or just a typo
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Simon Templar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:34 pm

    @filthridden wrote:Can people post these teams that have been named, please? Cheers.

    http://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t437-nrl-team-lists#94313
    .
    avatar
    Finch

    Posts : 3001
    Reputation : 382
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Finch on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 pm

    @bluetige wrote:
    So its 4pm this year is it or just a typo

    4PM Australia Time, 6PM NZ Time.

    QLD 3PM?
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

    Post by Simon Templar on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:43 pm

    Bren wrote:

    So it is all your fault the players I trade in keep getting injured? Well that's a relief.

    Can you please post up your team before first lockout and warn us of any players you will be trading in. Please and thankyou.

    #cursefree2017 #yearofthepanda

    lol!

    No its not my fault alone. The KOD curse rears it's ugly head when more than one of the KOD family picks the same player at the same time. Together, Arsen and I could kill any player at will. I think you are one of our long-lost brothers, but you don't realise it. You need to go on that "Who Do You Think You Are" Show to discover your KOD heritage bro. Wink
    .

      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 pm