NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:10 pm

i will be death riding fifita the same as i do every year.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:10 pm

SI wrote:

Welcome back JBG Very Happy

With Fifita, I know everyone would like him to start, but doesn't he normally start quite slow and drop coin?  2014/15 I'm pretty sure he did.  I didn't have him last year and haven't checked, but did he also drop money in the 1st month or so?  I could be wrong, anyone who started with him last year remember?

His first 5 round average last year was 56.8 with scores of 60, 45, 61, 54 and 64. He'll probably drop some cash but I like to just put him as a set and forget player. Round 1 team lists might mean I have to make some changes but I'll always try and prioritize fitting him in.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:10 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Haven't posted a draft yet so here it is

Smith, Hodgson
    Fifita, Gurgess, AFB, Hoare
    JDB, KBrom, Sione, Arrow, Kennedy, Stimson
    Norman, Lamb, Elgey, Higano
    Idris, Whare, Olive, Drew
    Gutherson, RTS, Hayne, Phythian, Jennings

How much money are you hoping to make out of KBrom, Whare and Lamb?
    Personally I would turn these three into Sam Burgess, and two cheapies. Would much rather 1 gun 2 cows than 3 midrangers with not much improvement.

Not sure if Arrow will be a great pick. Maybe keep Whare and get Kurt Capewell (good byes and any injury to Graham or Lewis he will play)

Would be pretty good team

Smith, Hodgson
    Surgess, JDB, Sione, Kennedy, Capewell, Stimson
    Norman, Gutherson, Elgey, Hingano
    Idris, Whare, Olive, Scott
    RTS, Hayne, Pythian, Jennings, Dufty

Obviously this all depends on whether Scott, Olive, Kelly, Pythian, Jennings and Dufty get named. I suspect only 2 of these will.

Last edited by Warriors on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:11 pm

are there any rule changes this year? (footy, not fantasy). or is there anything in particular the refs will be 'cracking down on' to start the year?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Smith, (Not filled)
    Fifita, Jbrom, JDB, Gurgess
    Bcartwright, Vaughen (Just coz) Whitehead LLeilua, Hess, Stimson
    ARay, Lamb, Hayne, Nona
    Hurrell, S Mat, Idris Whare, RTS, Phythian, RJennings (not filled x2)

So ill have 3 places to fill with 500k. when team lists get announced.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Chewie wrote:Somebody give me the lowdown on Wallace please?

Someone mentioned he might be playing Lock? scratch

Greg Bird played lock last year and averaged 66 mins, having now left the club.

Chris McQueen averaged 72 mins on right edge

Zeb Taia averaged 78 mins on left edge

Proctor has come to the club and has averaged 70 mins at the storm.

Obviously Proctor takes McQueens spot on the right edge. Come to think of it McQueen might slot into lock but I doubt he will play all of Greg Birds minutes at lock.

Paasi is injured for the first 5 or 6 rounds possibly.

Luke Douglas has also left the Titans. He averaged 41 mins.

Come to think of it Wallace won't get the 13 jersey with Mcqueen/Taia there but he could be rotated through the lock position and get around 50 minutes, meaning a bump up to about 40 points from 31.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Warriors wrote:

How much money are you hoping to make out of KBrom, Whare and Lamb?
    Personally I would turn these three into Sam Burgess, and two cheapies. Would much rather 1 gun 2 cows than 3 midrangers with not much improvement.

Not sure if Arrow will be a great pick. Maybe keep Whare and get Kurt Capewell (good byes and any injury to Graham or Lewis he will play)

Would be pretty good team

Smith, Hodgson
    Surgess, JDB, Sione, Kennedy, Capewell, Stimson
    Norman, Gutherson, Elgey, Hingano
    Idris, Whare, Olive, Scott
    RTS, Hayne, Pythian, Jennings, Dufty

Obviously this all depends on whether Scott, Olive, Kelly, Pythian, Jennings and Dufty get named. I suspect only 2 of these will.

KBrom average when starting in the second row was 40 so should be around 372k by round 9.
    Whare is priced at 21 and averaged 32, 27 and 28 in his previous 3 years. A 30 average sees him make about 100k
    Lamb is priced at 29 average despite his lowest score last year being 30. Averaged 37.7 last year with almost 0 attacking stats. Plenty of room for improvement. I would expect atleast a 35 average with upside to go 40+

Agree on Arrow he is just a place holder until team lists. If he looks like getting 30-35 minutes he will make money but not sure he is worth it if he gets a bench spot.

Not a chance am I running with my 3rd WFB likely to be dropped after two games with my two reserves unlikely to be named
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:29 pm

i read a quote from McQueen who said he wants the lock position. don't know how much to read into it, but i think thats likely he will start there.

James averaged 60 mins last year. Does he keep that up? I'm going to assume yes.

If all four start (Proctor, Taia, James, Mcqueen) and continue to be big minute players, it means there's not that many minutes left to share round between Wallace and the 3 other bench forwards. I don't think Wallace will get less than 40 mins but its hard to see him getting many more than that either.
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:38 pm

hey guys, i'm ready for another year. both love and hate the start Very Happy

having trouble deciding on the halves for now...

who do you think will take up kicking duties at the broncs after parker?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:41 pm

pm888 wrote:hey guys, i'm ready for another year. both love and hate the start Very Happy

having trouble deciding on the halves for now...

who do you think will take up kicking duties at the broncs after parker?

Kahu's a certainty for that.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm going to waste everyone's time posting my squad because I don't like that I don't have an obvious captain choice

McCullough, McInnes
    Gurgess, Wallace, AFB, Tetevano
    Buhrer, Hess, KBrom, Kennedy, Lane, Stimson
    Norman, Pearce, Gutherson, Hingano
    SMat, Idris, Kelly, Scott
    Teddy, Hayne, RTS, Phytian, RJennings

Post by Guest Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Some interesting DPP positions available pending team lists.
    Not saying definite selections but getting a few extra hookers or halves in your team could be interesting.
    The benefit would be playing these players in their other position to try to get the benefit

Half - D Mortimer (HOK) , A Koroisau (HOK)
    CTR - C Mata'utia (2RF)
    WFB - C Gutherson (HLF) C Walker (HLF)

This year there are a few cheap options at fullback and Ctr so may not be applicable but was interesting to see what you can do outside the box.
    Also when you only have 2 hookers, may let you get another in your team

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:50 pm

draft #2 (posted on here Laughing )

farah BALLIN
    gurgess jwh hoare rookie
    gallen (captain) surgess jdb lane rookie rookie
    cleary cartwright ELGEY rookie
    idris chambers WHARE rookie
    turbo hayne slater RTS rookie

Thoughts?

thoughts on JWH? I'm thinking the roosters pack seems light on and him and napa will have to step it up this year?

fringe/rookie guys might turn into whichever cowboys, storm, roosters and titans cheapies are named to start.
    chitmunkey
    chitmunkey

Post by chitmunkey Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi All!

Looking forward to another year of league and fantasy Smile
    Looks like the free NRL digital pass promo is back for first 2500 entrants
    if you could join my league it would be much appreciated SU3H7X5V

I'm happy to join any other leagues here to help make up the numbers.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Honeysett wrote:I'm going to waste everyone's time posting my squad because I don't like that I don't have an obvious captain choice

McCullough, McInnes
    Gurgess, Wallace, AFB, Tetevano
    Buhrer, Hess, KBrom, Kennedy, Lane, Stimson
    Norman, Pearce, Gutherson, Hingano
    SMat, Idris, Kelly, Scott
    Teddy, Hayne, RTS, Phytian, RJennings

perhaps one of teddy, norman and pearce?

i was on hess until i realised that cooper, lower and lolo have the back row locked in. that leaves props - where he'll have to contend with others all around his level. perhaps a pickup for closer to origin time?

what's the reasoning being AFB? does he have a good PPM?
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:00 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:draft #2 (posted on here Laughing )

farah BALLIN
    gurgess jwh hoare rookie
    gallen (captain) surgess jdb lane rookie rookie
    cleary cartwright ELGEY rookie
    idris chambers WHARE rookie
    turbo hayne slater RTS rookie

Thoughts?

thoughts on JWH? I'm thinking the roosters pack seems light on and him and napa will have to step it up this year?

fringe/rookie guys might turn into whichever cowboys, storm, roosters and titans cheapies are named to start.

Farah will share the hooking role with Cook I believe. Cook wouldn't stay unless there was a spot for him because he could have gone to the Sharks instead. Ballin is also likely to share the hooking role with Liddle plus his scoring is almost exclusively based on tackles and given his recent injury woes he might not be up for it. However he could probably average like 35 points I'd say which could produce some cash out of him.

Chambers is an interesting choice. Was downright awful at times last year so it's not like he can get any worse. Could pay off as a good POD choice.

With JWH as a Chooks fan I can say his presence on-field is key but his scoring doesn't reflect that. Misses a fair few tackles and isn't much of a workhorse. I don't think there's much upside to him personally
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:

perhaps one of teddy, norman and pearce?

i was on hess until i realised that cooper, lower and lolo have the back row locked in. that leaves props - where he'll have to contend with others all around his level. perhaps a pickup for closer to origin time?

what's the reasoning being AFB? does he have a good PPM?

I want to lock in a couple of gun keepers to start the year - I will most likely more Pearce on but I think he is going to have an amazing year.

I'm going to put a little money on him to win the Dally M.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Any room in the panthers pack for James Fisher-Harris this year?

He looked good last year and seemed to play bigger minutes during the second half of the season.

He averaged mid 40's in his last 3 games and is underpriced at the moment if he can keep that up.

Thoughts??
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:

Farah will share the hooking role with Cook I believe. Cook wouldn't stay unless there was a spot for him because he could have gone to the Sharks instead. Ballin is also likely to share the hooking role with Liddle plus his scoring is almost exclusively based on tackles and given his recent injury woes he might not be up for it. However he could probably average like 35 points I'd say which could produce some cash out of him.  

Chambers is an interesting choice. Was downright awful at times last year so it's not like he can get any worse. Could pay off as a good POD choice.  

With JWH as a Chooks fan I can say his presence on-field is key but his scoring doesn't reflect that. Misses a fair few tackles and isn't much of a workhorse. I don't think there's much upside to him personally

yeah a bit odd with JWH that in the last 4 seasons he's averaged 35 for 2 and 45 for 2. I may pick him on the basis of needing to potentially play bigger minutes and hopefully clean up his game after going in to this season fresh into rd 1.

yeah farah is a placeholder for whichever non-smith hooker looks to get 80 mins (or closest to it)

will 100% go with ballin if he's named round 1 on the basis that he's priced at around 20 and I think he can easily average 30-35 even with say 60 minutes.

chambers i've said here before was playing on one leg the last few rounds after injury so purely based on new season, getting into his normal scoring ways. he had no attacking flair for the last 2 months of the nrl season. his scores ranged from 17-27 for 7 rounds (until he got a 44 in the last round)

was def going to go hurrell until i heard about his knee injury.
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:09 pm

feels like theres a serious lack of 2rf/frf dual roles to begin with. b gray from the roosters may be useful

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:09 am