NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Feline
    Feline

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Feline Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:15 am

Random wrote:

HOK: Can you fill me on Brailey, will he be sharing minutes with someone. His name has floated around a fair bit, but has the upcoming Sharks trial suggested something?

FRF: Matagi looks set to play a large amount of minutes but if you look closer at his stats he is uninspiring. He scores decently in short stints. However longer stints he doesn't actually improve on that score. Last season he had a 60 minute game and a 41 minute game as his highest games in terms of minutes and scored 27 points both times. His average PPM in games he played 35 minutes or more is 0.59 PPM. He is priced at 22 points, which means he would need at least 40 minutes to even maintain his price. He just doesn't inspire confidence. So unless you have seen him being busy during the trials, and want to bet his overall workload improves with his minutes. Then I would avoid him.  Kaufusi could pick up some alright minutes but he still isn't going to be starting most likely and doesn't look to be a great option. Last year he played 40 minutes or more 6 times and he scored above 30 points on 4 occasions. However 3 of those occasions also included tries. In fact his PPM when not scoring a try last season was 0.68 which isn't bad, but it is boosted by short stints where he is fresh and simply there to make an impact. If it takes a similar hit (As most players do) in larger stints (Due to either burning out, or conserving more) he is likely to struggle to hit a 30-35 point average. While that means he can make you money the improvement is so little that it will take him quite awhile to do it. Meanwhile you are investing an extra $60k (Over a rookie) for someone who barely struggles to make your side. Better investments elsewhere, or take a punt on a Rookie.

2RF: J. Trbojevic could be a decent PoD to start the year with. I am also not sold on Afoa because I am not sure how he maintains his starting position in a full strength Warriors pack. With minutes he looks like he could be a gun. However he is a heavy investment to bet on.

HLF: SO you are picking up two Rookie hookers from the same team? I am not saying there is an issue with that but if Mortimer gets back in favour it could be. However two cashcows this year would be decent to have.

CTR: Gagai is great and can bust out massive scores but can be inconsistent. I don't necessarily say you shouldn't pick him. But if you can jump him to a more consistent gun when he peaks you should be good.

WFB: Gutherson has potential to be a great option this year. It is just not yet decided as to how much Norman will impact on his scores. Now the lack of KM shouldn't be too much of an issue as he scored well without them. The only issue is if he can remain as consistent with his attacking stats to keep him scoring well. Although he does do some defending averaging around 20 tackles when playing Five-Eight. So that will definitely help out. Just keep in mind the impact that Norman may have if the attack is run through him a lot more than Gutherson.

Overall: I would rather not see the two Sharks Hookers personally, but you may know more than I do. Other than that, there are a few guys with questionmarks that you could look at safer bets to start the year. But everyone you picked has an upside so I wouldn't stress too hard about it.

Thanks Random,

I expect Brailey to be the Sharks starting hooker in Round One, but I could be wrong. He is a quality player and could be a much better cash cow than someone say like King, even of not playing full minutes. Perhaps Kaufusi could be in line to start over KBrom. It is a wait and see, as you say better choice than Matagi. Maybe it is my one-eyedness as a Eels supporter that is letting me down.

Nu Brown and Brailey are likely to share minutes, he is bottom priced and I think will rise in value. I will wait to see if any other bottom prices halves rear their head. NPR who will rise somewhat until a better offer comes by. I think either Maloney or Townsend to be given a rest in the game as well. Perhaps Frown is just a placeholder. I am quite happy with Taylor and Lamb and don't need to use the NPRs.

I keep on looking at Gagai's scores at centre rather than fullback last year. He could be around 8-10 points undervalued based on that. Centre is a generally inconsistent position. Gagai could be a good value POD, especially when you consider so many people are running Idris who has potential, but I am thinking will underperform significantly, then everyone will be wishing they had more coin for the centre positions. I am also expecting big things from D. Walker.

I am expecting also to see Guth score very well. Also has goal kicking in an attacking team He is always heavily involved and is probably more creative in attack than Norman. I think the will work together well and both Guth and Normal will score well and consistently
    Feline
    Feline

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Feline Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:18 am

Random wrote:

HOK: Can you fill me on Brailey, will he be sharing minutes with someone. His name has floated around a fair bit, but has the upcoming Sharks trial suggested something?

FRF: Matagi looks set to play a large amount of minutes but if you look closer at his stats he is uninspiring. He scores decently in short stints. However longer stints he doesn't actually improve on that score. Last season he had a 60 minute game and a 41 minute game as his highest games in terms of minutes and scored 27 points both times. His average PPM in games he played 35 minutes or more is 0.59 PPM. He is priced at 22 points, which means he would need at least 40 minutes to even maintain his price. He just doesn't inspire confidence. So unless you have seen him being busy during the trials, and want to bet his overall workload improves with his minutes. Then I would avoid him.  Kaufusi could pick up some alright minutes but he still isn't going to be starting most likely and doesn't look to be a great option. Last year he played 40 minutes or more 6 times and he scored above 30 points on 4 occasions. However 3 of those occasions also included tries. In fact his PPM when not scoring a try last season was 0.68 which isn't bad, but it is boosted by short stints where he is fresh and simply there to make an impact. If it takes a similar hit (As most players do) in larger stints (Due to either burning out, or conserving more) he is likely to struggle to hit a 30-35 point average. While that means he can make you money the improvement is so little that it will take him quite awhile to do it. Meanwhile you are investing an extra $60k (Over a rookie) for someone who barely struggles to make your side. Better investments elsewhere, or take a punt on a Rookie.

2RF: J. Trbojevic could be a decent PoD to start the year with. I am also not sold on Afoa because I am not sure how he maintains his starting position in a full strength Warriors pack. With minutes he looks like he could be a gun. However he is a heavy investment to bet on.

HLF: SO you are picking up two Rookie hookers from the same team? I am not saying there is an issue with that but if Mortimer gets back in favour it could be. However two cashcows this year would be decent to have.

CTR: Gagai is great and can bust out massive scores but can be inconsistent. I don't necessarily say you shouldn't pick him. But if you can jump him to a more consistent gun when he peaks you should be good.

WFB: Gutherson has potential to be a great option this year. It is just not yet decided as to how much Norman will impact on his scores. Now the lack of KM shouldn't be too much of an issue as he scored well without them. The only issue is if he can remain as consistent with his attacking stats to keep him scoring well. Although he does do some defending averaging around 20 tackles when playing Five-Eight. So that will definitely help out. Just keep in mind the impact that Norman may have if the attack is run through him a lot more than Gutherson.

Overall: I would rather not see the two Sharks Hookers personally, but you may know more than I do. Other than that, there are a few guys with questionmarks that you could look at safer bets to start the year. But everyone you picked has an upside so I wouldn't stress too hard about it.

PS on Afoa, there are reports that Bodene Thomson is out of favour, which may provide room for Afoa to be that gunnish prospect
    bonezi89
    bonezi89

Post by bonezi89 Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi all, NRL/buy and sell fantasy rookie  Very Happy   Coming from a few years of NBA/NFL draft leagues so am forcing myself to unlearn and relearn fantasy as I know it!

Current team pre TLT:

Farah/Pritchard
    McGuire/Tamou/Gurgess/Hoare
    Mannering/SMat/KBrom/Kennedy/Stimson/Gray
    Johnson/Lamb/Elgey/Hingano
    TTurbo/Idris/Scott/RJennings
    RTS/French/Holmes/Hayne/Phythian

Bit light on guns but should be able to get by is my self critique, I've got $266k in the bank to make a move on someone like Gallen/Fifi/James after the first few weeks.  Also will be monitoring Hooker situation closely come TLT as I'm aware it could end up precarious, wanted some decent cash gen from there though so avoided Cam. Thoughts?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:02 pm

bonezi89 wrote:Hi all, NRL/buy and sell fantasy rookie  Very Happy   Coming from a few years of NBA/NFL draft leagues so am forcing myself to unlearn and relearn fantasy as I know it!

Current team pre TLT:

Farah/Pritchard
    McGuire/Tamou/Gurgess/Hoare
    Mannering/SMat/KBrom/Kennedy/Stimson/Gray
    Johnson/Lamb/Elgey/Hingano
    TTurbo/Idris/Scott/RJennings
    RTS/French/Holmes/Hayne/Phythian

Bit light on guns but should be able to get by is my self critique, I've got $266k in the bank to make a move on someone like Gallen/Fifi/James after the first few weeks.  Also will be monitoring Hooker situation closely come TLT as I'm aware it could end up precarious, wanted some decent cash gen from there though so avoided Cam.  Thoughts?

Welcome mate.

Just different enough to be a POD team if your mid range selections come through.  I love French as a footy player, but I think a lot of us are dubious as to his Fantasy credentials.  Don't discount on him based on that though, it is just difficult to see him bagging hatties every few games like he did in 2016.  If he does though, he will be a great pick
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:08 pm

Welcome mate. This a question to you, and to all of you out there NOT picking Cam Smith. Who is your captain choice? It seems that when I build a team with Smith, the C is on him no question. But when I build without him, I don't know what to do. Thoughts?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:19 pm

It's just occured to me that someone put forward the idea of having a committee run team to see how that goes this year. Voting on selection/trades.

Any interest in that or is it too close to the season?
    bonezi89
    bonezi89

Post by bonezi89 Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Sik wrote:Welcome mate. This a question to you, and to all of you out there NOT picking Cam Smith. Who is your captain choice? It seems that when I build a team with Smith, the C is on him no question. But when I build without him, I don't know what to do. Thoughts?

With that team I just posted I have Mannering as C and Farah as V
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:42 pm

filthridden wrote:It's just occured to me that someone put forward the idea of having a committee run team to see how that goes this year. Voting on selection/trades.

Great idea, and not too close to the season. Wont get in myself though but would love to be a fly on the wall with some of the team selections.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:56 pm

filthridden wrote:It's just occured to me that someone put forward the idea of having a committee run team to see how that goes this year. Voting on selection/trades.

I am definitely interested in that. I put together the idea last season but we never sort of had it worked out.
    Showbags
    Showbags

Post by Showbags Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Thought I would make a team with players just about everyone will have then populate the rest with ones that could be traps to see what the team would look like.......I actually don't think it's the worst team Very Happy might see if the missus wants to run it and see how it goes:

Admiral Ackbar's Army
    Smith(c), Brailey
    Gurges, JWH DSaifiti, Matagi
    Buhrer (vc), ETaylor, Sironen, Aubs, SMata, Lane
    Norman, Lamb Taylor, Elgey
    Whare, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    Hayne, RTS, Guths, RJennings, Uate
    +$17k

Any suggestions on other "traps" I can put in
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Showbags wrote:Thought I would make a team with players just about everyone will have then populate the rest with ones that could be traps to see what the team would look like.......I actually don't think it's the worst team Very Happy might see if the missus wants to run it and see how it goes:

Admiral Ackbar's Army
    Smith(c), Brailey
    Gurges, JWH DSaifiti, Matagi
    Buhrer (vc), ETaylor, Sironen, Aubs, SMata, Lane
    Norman, Lamb Taylor, Elgey
    Whare, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    Hayne, RTS, Guths, RJennings, Uate
    +$17k

Any suggestions on other "traps" I can put in
    So much risk in the team... French, Wallace, Bunty, McGuire come to mind as potential traps. (They may just stay where they are not improve.)
    Goondalf
    Goondalf

Post by Goondalf Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:08 am

Side I've put together with a couple of PODs

Smith McInnes
    JWH Gurgess FKaufusi Ofahengue
    Surgess Gallen SMat Sironen Stimson Capewell
    Cleary Lamb Elgey Fogarty
    Idris Walker Scott Kelly
    Hayne RTS Mitchell Pythian Burns

NPRs will change depending on TLT
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:34 am

No Smith team but with enough cash left to get him in

[img] 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 10 2dcbpki[/img]
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Looks like a very stock standard team for the most part Krump. I think the squad looks really decent even without having Smith in it. The only major interesting factor is playing Munster. Not sure how he goes in the HLF's, and would he improve that much if he ends up back at FB? He is just a very left field choice as I don't necessarily see much improvement for him and he is quite pricey.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:44 pm

I'm trying to find some semi POD keepers to start the year with instead of going with the majority, Farah, McInnes, Gallen and Munster all around 5% ownership.
    Munster will only be there if he's playing FB. With the lack of half cash cows the plan would be to move him back to WFB when I can afford another gun half. If Slater gets named instead i'll play him instead of Holmes and change Munster to a gun half.
    bandgeekmafia78

Post by bandgeekmafia78 Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Overhauled my team a bit having read everyone's suggestions, with 24k left in the bank.

Smith Cherrington
    Bromwich Tamou Perrett Hoare
    Surgess Mata'utia Cartwright Butcher Stimson
    Norman Lamb Hingano Elgey
    Gagai Idris Matai Cotric
    Tedesco RTS Hayne Uate Phythian
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:42 pm

yeah, yeah things can change, especially with the CCows but I finally locked a team under the cap today.
    Going a bit light in a couple of places but reckon there may be some cash to make money for some short term weakness in reserves.
    I like the chances of Ballin being valuable and taking a punt on Taylor (easy change).

So this is the first team I've posted for consideration,
    CS9, Ballin
    Fifi, JWH, Burgess, papaliii
    Surgess, SMata, Siro,J. Wallace, D Taylor, Stimpson
    SJ, M Moses, Lamb, Hingano
    Idris, Talakai, Cotric, B Kelly
    TTrbo, RTS, Hayne, Phytho, Fogerty.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Been chopping and changing for ages and when I finally think I have the team I want, I change it again lol!

Came up with this tonight but the more I look at it the more I think it can do with some jiggling  Bang

Smith, Mc Innes
    Gurgess, D Saifiti, H Ese ese, Tetevano
    Gallen, McGuire, ET, S Mat, Sironen, Stimson
    Cronk, Lamb, Elgey, Fogarty
    Idris, Walker. Cotric, Kelly
    Hayne, RTS Mitchell, Pythian, R Jennings

Only 6k left.

I really wanted TTurbo in the side but couldn't fit him in.

I think Walker will go well this year back in the position he feels comfortable in (that 5/8 experiment was horse shit) and if he gets the goalkicking duties that'll be a bonus as well. I'll keep Mitchell if he's named in the centres, if not I'll swap him for Holmes.
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:48 am

I'm pretty set waiting on team lists now to confirm cheap selections...

Smith, McInnes
    Scott, JWH, Gurgess (Perrett)
    DeBelin, KBromwich, SMata'utia, Sironen (Stimson, cheap)
    AReynolds, Cronk, Lamb (Elgey)
    Idris, Scott (Kelly, cheap)
    Gutherson, RTS, Hayne (Phythlan, Dew)
    Billsill
    Billsill

Post by Billsill Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:32 am

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 10 Team10

Any ideas or comments on the team guys

any tips would be appreceiated,

cheers

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:34 am