NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Simon Templar Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:27 pm

Two starting FRF's out of Gallen, Fifita, J.Graham, J.Brom?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Simon Templar wrote:.
    Two starting FRF's out of Gallen, Fifita, J.Graham, J.Brom?

I would discount Fifita due to origin.

He's not as dominant in VSDT compared to fantasy because of the harsh missed tackle/error penalty.

Gallen has good byes, and I think with no origin he will kick on for Cronulla.

I'd go Graham over JBrom - but he's more expensive so depends what else you'd use extra that cash on.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:53 am

Ready to join League 3 after 12.00pm.................
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Just joined League 3 and
    11 have now joined with 1 spot to go. If others are ready to join, let me know and I will leave that league so others can join........................
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:Just joined League 3 and
    11 have now joined with 1 spot to go. If others are ready to join, let me know and I will leave that league so others can join........................

Cheers and stay in there mate, so we can close it out.

We have one missing from the Fantasy FOG/FEG and that is taking some time to sort. Tombsy will giggle when he sees that. Happens every year.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:56 pm

SI wrote:

We have one missing from the Fantasy FOG/FEG and that is taking some time to sort.  Tombsy will giggle when he sees that.  Happens every year.

Haha.

Getting the leagues set-up and filled seems to be a much smoother operation than it used to be in the old days (less dickheads in FF compared to Sportal), although I know it always looks smoother on the outside compared to what the organisers have to do behind the scenes.

Out of interest, who is the one member missing from the FFOG (ex SUG). Name and shame is my policy. Wink
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Simon Templar wrote:
    SI wrote:

We have one missing from the Fantasy FOG/FEG and that is taking some time to sort.  Tombsy will giggle when he sees that.  Happens every year.

Haha.

Getting the leagues set-up and filled seems to be a much smoother operation than it used to be in the old days (less dickheads in FF compared to Sportal), although I know it always looks smoother on the outside compared to what the organisers have to do behind the scenes.

Out of interest, who is the one member missing from the FFOG (ex SUG). Name and shame is my policy. Wink

Whilst there is an absolute shitload going on behind the scenes still, yep, you are right, it is not as traumatic as it was on Sportal. As the platforms evolve (past years rankings available for example) we have been able to streamline it, particularly the rego threads.

The forum here also runs twice as quick and you can bulk PM the 16 in a League, as opposed to having to send 8 lots of PM's to 2 posters each just for 1 leagues. Just on that, the Inbox/Outbox is 10 times the size here where it maxxed out at 50 on Sportal.

Other thing too is we have the Mods thread where we can discuss and keep updated as a group, instead of the old days of PMing or FBing for every single detail.

Last but not lest, with 8 active mods and most of them working on the Leagues, that has made it a lot easier.

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:37 pm

SI wrote:

Whilst there is an absolute shitload going on behind the scenes still, yep, you are right, it is not as traumatic as it was on Sportal.  As the platforms evolve (past years rankings available for example) we have been able to streamline it, particularly the rego threads.

The forum here also runs twice as quick and you can bulk PM the 16 in a League, as opposed to having to send 8 lots of PM's to 2 posters each just for 1 leagues.  Just on that, the Inbox/Outbox is 10 times the size here where it maxxed out at 50 on Sportal.

Other thing too is we have the Mods thread where we can discuss and keep updated as a group, instead of the old days of PMing or FBing for every single detail.

Last but not lest, with 8 active mods and most of them working on the Leagues, that has made it a lot easier.

That's awesome SI. So much better than when only one or two of us organised the leagues, and Sportal wouldn't give us mod status to make the job essier.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:29 pm

And on sportal at some point they reduced the available PM slots to 5, so newer users had effectively no space.

Which meant if you sent 2 messages and got a reply to each, then you only had room for 1 more message in your PM folders
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm

I will jump in a league if there are any spots needing to be filled.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:16 pm

DarkKnight wrote:I will jump in a league if there are any spots needing to be filled.

Hey DK.

I'm in L1, and a fIller in L3. Would you like my spot in L3?
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Milchcow wrote:And on sportal at some point they reduced the available PM slots to 5, so newer users had effectively no space.

Which meant if you sent 2 messages and got a reply to each, then you only had room for 1 more message in your PM folders

So many advantages in self-managing our own forum. Well done to all you mods. Smile
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

Hey DK.

I'm in L1, and a fIller in L3. Would you like my spot in L3?

Sure, if you don't mind. If you pm me the code I can jump in now.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:47 pm

DarkKnight wrote:

Sure, if you don't mind. If you pm me the code I can jump in now.

If I give you my spot in L3, will you also join my random public league, so that we can compete against each other  in the same league?
    Bullbender
    Bullbender

Post by Bullbender Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Got a WAG league going for anyone keen. Code 768015. Jump in if keen, kept it to 12 teams. Prefer it to be a sausage free zone if we get enough???
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Second FRF (after Gallen):

EITHER
    J.Graham + $52,200 ITB
    OR
    A.Tolman + $111,700 ITB

I like their byes and they seem to be POD's atm (especially Tolman), even though Graham is a keeper and Tolman is almost a keeper. Any extra cash ITB is handy right now, since I might have a Brailey problem to solve if Seggy turns up soon.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Simon Templar wrote:

If I give you my spot in L3, will you also join my random public league, so that we can compete against each other  in the same league?

Sure, I am currently in no leagues.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:16 pm

So Final team

Smith McCullough
    Gallen McGuire Musgrove FKaufusi
    Burgess JDB Taylor ET (Sironen Yates)
    Gutherson Lamb (Elgey Jacks)
    Walker Talakai (Moga Cotric)
    RTS Sione Hayne (Cotric Phythian)

Weak in the halves but I'm pretty happy with it
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Simon Templar wrote:Second FRF (after Gallen):

EITHER
    J.Graham + $52,200 ITB
    OR
    A.Tolman + $111,700 ITB

I like their byes and they seem to be POD's atm (especially Tolman), even though Graham is a keeper and Tolman is almost a keeper. Any extra cash ITB is handy right now, since I might have a Brailey problem to solve if Seggy turns up soon.

2 years ago Tolman had the better average (partly due to Graham injury, but even discounting that they were effectively even)

So I'd be tempted to roll the dice with Tolman and bank the cash.

I started without Graham in fantasy last year though, and it killed me
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Did you pick Cotric twice because he'll be the best cashcow, cow??

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:12 am