NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:09 pm

RhinoNQ wrote:any rumours if the scoring system is getting any more tweeks?

No, but fair question, not often they would go into a 3rd year straight without decent changes.  Pretty happy with it as is, but I've said that many times over the years only to eventually be happy with improvements once we get used to them.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by Milchcow Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:42 pm

Would be nice not to just change the system for the sake of it. Nothing wrong with consistency.

If they were to play with the scoring though, knocking the value of TBs down a bit would be good. they are overvalued at the moment.

Although if they do reduce them, they'll probably have to find some way of making WFBs worthwhile so they couldn't really make that change in isolation.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Would be nice not to just change the system for the sake of it. Nothing wrong with consistency.

If they were to play with the scoring though, knocking the value of TBs down a bit would be good. they are overvalued at the moment.

Although if they do reduce them, they'll probably have to find some way of making WFBs and Fifita worthwhile so they couldn't really make that change in isolation.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Krump wrote:

At least i'd stop getting tricked into buying the likes of Taumalolo
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:52 pm

Did anyone else like the week to week price adjustment change?

Combined with the poor site layout I completely lost interest due to this.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Biggest fantasy change I am hoping for is the return of the betting website comp's.

Really missed the annual top-up of my Sportsbet account this year
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Biggest fantasy change I am hoping for is the return of the betting website comp's.

Really missed the annual top-up of my Sportsbet account this year
    I don't think they're coming back.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:Did anyone else like the week to week price adjustment change?

Combined with the poor site layout I completely lost interest due to this.

Did you play this year OSM?  Once they got their shit together it was a pretty good platform, both appearance and stability.  I don't think VSDT will be back  Crying or Very sad (haven't heard anything, just a hunch, like most of us think).  So that could very well give Milchy the title of reigning Eliminator champion for many years to come.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Your Name wrote:If anything calling it Fantasy Fanatics Ex Sportal may direct people here

Something along those lines is a pretty good idea.  Could name the Leagues something like that so that eventually most players will see the name in the Rankings throughout the year as well.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:08 pm

SI wrote:

Something along those lines is a pretty good idea.  Could name the Leagues something like that so that eventually most players will see the name in the Rankings throughout the year as well.
    I'll put Fanatics in my name so that when I win everyone will know where to find me.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:55 pm

SI wrote:

Did you play this year OSM?  Once they got their shit together it was a pretty good platform, both appearance and stability.  I don't think VSDT will be back  Crying or Very sad (haven't heard anything, just a hunch, like most of us think).  So that could very well give Milchy the title of reigning Eliminator champion for many years to come.

I did but completely lost interest (more so due to the week to week price changes rather than the layout - if I'm being totally honest).

It was certainly better than the year before!
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:15 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I did but completely lost interest (more so due to the week to week price changes rather than the layout - if I'm being totally honest).

It was certainly better than the year before!
    I like the price changes, it stops everyone ending up with the same cows.
    Disruptive Trolling
    Banned

Post by Disruptive Trolling Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:40 am

I wouldn't mention Sportal at all.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:26 am

Big Diesel wrote:I wouldn't mention Sportal at all.

I think it would do more good than harm.  There will be a lot of old Sportal posters looking for Sportal again early next year, this will help them find us here.  There will also be a lot of ex posters who can potentially see this site exists through next year in the rankings if we have Sportal in the name somewhere.  

Personally would ditch any ties with Sportal after next year in names or whatever though.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:48 am

I know many on here dislike RLW Mole however I was thinking of messaging him on Twitter as the Fantasy season kicks off next year and asking him to retweet a link to this forum. Might generate some more interest and get a few new users hopefully.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:11 am

No reason not too
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:19 am

Each week I ask the Lurker when the forum will be fixed. Next week I might change it up and ask him to direct people here
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:31 am

Your Name wrote:Each week I ask the Lurker when the forum will be fixed. Next week I might change it up and ask him to direct people here

Have tried everything over the last couple of years; the Lurker and his krony, Charlie Cook, have never responded.  I actually think I have the initial email I sent Sportal back in March 2013 when the forum started fucking up again, pointing out that people were leaving in droves over that month due to the tech issues.

I might post a screenshot of it... Bang  Embarassed

EDIT:

Charlie Cook may actually be The Lurker, but I'm not convinced.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:27 pm

SI wrote:
    Big Diesel wrote:I wouldn't mention Sportal at all.

I think it would do more good than harm.  There will be a lot of old Sportal posters looking for Sportal again early next year, this will help them find us here.  There will also be a lot of ex posters who can potentially see this site exists through next year in the rankings if we have Sportal in the name somewhere.  

Personally would ditch any ties with Sportal after next year in names or whatever though.

Can we make an open group by the name Ex-Sportal//Fantasy Fanatic Group and make it open so anyone can join. (Also make it as soon as possible.) Means people will find it and we can redirect them here in the Shoutbox. Also could run a second exclusive Fantasy Fanatic Group.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:41 pm

It appears that the management/whoever at Sportal have decided that running a forum is more trouble than its worth and have decided its easier not to bother.
    Their choice

May main issue with NRL Fantasy Fanatics is that its bit unwieldy as a name. Sportal is nice and succinct. I can understand why people would want to ditch it though.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 pm