NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Krump wrote:
    Make sure you keep a copy of it. It'll be interesting to compare to your rd1 team.

Yeah will do. Might even post up the difference come round 1 to see how much it actually changes.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 26 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Warriors wrote:Been a while since someone posted in here.

Have got a quick list of some players I'm interested in for my team in 2016.

Fullbacks - M Gordon, V Holmes, Radradra etc hoping to trade up to Teddy/RTS, maybe gutherson if named.
    Centres - Ferguson, K Mann (If both fullback), D Copely
    Halves - Hastings obviously, Mullen (if fit, probably won't because of Hodgkinson), hopefully ash Taylor, DCE
    2RF - E Whitehead (think Papa moves to FRF), Merrin, Joe Tapine, Zeb Taia
    FRF - J Bromwich, J Graham, Woods, McGuire (hard to see a rookie prop doing well but we had RCG and Jake Trobjevic this year)
    Hooker - Anyones guess but might just start with 1 of Smith/Segy/McCullough and someone like McGuiness

Be nice to fit all that in but realistically think I will have to go one gun hooker and at least three gun props.
    Looks to be value in the 2RFs so will sacrifice here a little.
    Think Hastings and DCE are lock ins for me. Going to stay clear of A Reynolds/S Johnson at the start. Injury and Dylan Walker being a big big loss the reasons. Thurston and Hunt too expensive ( will come down at some stage I hope).

Confident in Merrin getting the 80 minutes at the Panthers?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:01 pm

I just can't see him getting 80 especially with Taylor there (who is apparently a shoe in for captain next year?) So many Props and second rowers there.. Good ones too!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:02 pm

Welshy87 wrote:are there any team planners flying about with end of last years pricing available?

cheers lads

Pretty sure Milchy and MS posted a bit of this stuff in the first few pages.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:06 pm

SI wrote:

Pretty sure Milchy and MS posted a bit of this stuff in the first few pages.

cheers lad!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:16 pm

Few new people joining up lately. We should start a survey. "and how did you hear about nrlfantasyfanatics?"
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:34 pm

Yeah, that's the down side to Sportal changing hands, your's and the other posts directing people here are gone. BUT, we still have quite a few feelers to put out and putting ex-Sportal in the Leagues name next year will tweek a lot of interest. SO we should be a slow burner that has a good following after the season is well and truly underway.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 pm

SI wrote:Yeah, that's the down side to Sportal changing hands, your's and the other posts directing people here are gone.  BUT, we still have quite a few feelers to put out and putting ex-Sportal in the Leagues name next year will tweek a lot of interest.  SO we should be a slow burner that has a good following after the season is well and truly underway.

On that note, should we run two leagues. (One Complete League for members here and then one league that is just open to the public so anyone can join with Ex-Sportal in the title.) Along with all the other H2H leagues this year.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Random wrote:
    SI wrote:Yeah, that's the down side to Sportal changing hands, your's and the other posts directing people here are gone.  BUT, we still have quite a few feelers to put out and putting ex-Sportal in the Leagues name next year will tweek a lot of interest.  SO we should be a slow burner that has a good following after the season is well and truly underway.

On that note, should we run two leagues. (One Complete League for members here and then one league that is just open to the public so anyone can join with Ex-Sportal in the title.) Along with all the other H2H leagues this year.

Sounds good. Also means if Rabs is going well with a month to go he can join!
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:45 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:I just can't see him getting 80 especially with Taylor there (who is apparently a shoe in for captain next year?) So many Props and second rowers there.. Good ones too!

Does Merrin need to get 80 mins for him to be a good option? I don't think so. If he goes from say an average of 55mins to 65mins then he will be a beast.
    If Cleary was still coach then Taylor would be a shoe in for captain but Griffin may go elsewhere. I guess with RCG, Latimore, McKendry, Taylor, Peachey, and Cartwright people are sceptical about his mins.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:54 am

Warriors wrote:
    Mighty Fishes wrote:I just can't see him getting 80 especially with Taylor there (who is apparently a shoe in for captain next year?) So many Props and second rowers there.. Good ones too!

Does Merrin need to get 80 mins for him to be a good option? I don't think so. If he goes from say an average of 55mins to 65mins then he will be a beast.
    If Cleary was still coach then Taylor would be a shoe in for captain but Griffin may go elsewhere. I guess with RCG, Latimore, McKendry, Taylor, Peachey, and Cartwright people are sceptical about his mins.

You do make a good point he averages almost a PPM (0.98ppm) and averaged 53 minutes. So if he improved to even 65 minutes he could see a bump of 10 points. Which would be a good upgrade. But yeah as you listed they have a talented 2RF pack although the minutes could be there. Cartwright/Taylor/Merrin all starting. Yeo/Peachey off the bench for the 2RF.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:03 am

Also thoughts on Brett Ferres if he signs for a year at the Roosters?

Oh and I wouldn't look at Semi, just purely because he is a winger. He could have another beast year but he is not that much cheaper than guys like Tedesco.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:09 am

I think that Brett Ferres will be like Remi Casty. Play one or two off the bench then disappear. Don't the Rooster have Martin Kennedy coming back or is he still suspended?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:14 am

Random wrote:Also thoughts on Brett Ferres if he signs for a year at the Roosters?

Oh and I wouldn't look at Semi, just purely because he is a winger. He could have another beast year but he is not that much cheaper than guys like Tedesco.

Yeah you are right, probably better to take the punt on Mansour instead.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:20 am

I'd probably go Radradra over Mansour unless Mansour ends up over 100k cheaper as a starting price.  I have NEVER owned Radradra in any comp, but dedaset, after 50 games he is still averaging a try a game in a shit team.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:28 am

Random wrote:Also thoughts on Brett Ferres if he signs for a year at the Roosters?

Hi Random. Radradra has scored a hattrick of tries in the opening game of the previous 2 seasons. He's very tempting as the Eels involve him a lot but as you say price could put many off. I'm not interested in Tedesco as the Tigers are mud & will he get the attacking opportunities if they don't fire especially as Taupau mainly got them going forward. I'm not interested in RTS as I'm not picking any Warriors. It's a big difference playing behind the Roosters pack where he's getting good front foot ball as opposed to playing behind the Warriors pack who spend most of their time going backwards.

Radradra, Mansour, Ferguson, nuffie, nuffie. I'm not sure whether Ferguson is classed as ctr/wfb. If he's classified as ctr he'll be there & I'll get another wfb like Wighton who's also a dpp ctr/wfb. I'm making sure I have dpp's littered throughout my team.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:39 am

White Lightning wrote:

Hi Random. Radradra has scored a hattrick of tries in the opening game of the previous 2 seasons. He's very tempting as the Eels involve him a lot but as you say price could put many off. I'm not interested in Tedesco as the Tigers are mud & will he get the attacking opportunities if they don't fire especially as Taupau mainly got them going forward. I'm not interested in RTS as I'm not picking any Warriors. It's a big difference playing behind the Roosters pack where he's getting good front foot ball as opposed to playing behind the Warriors pack who spend most of their time going backwards.

Radradra, Mansour, Ferguson, nuffie, nuffie. I'm not sure whether Ferguson is classed as ctr/wfb. If he's classified as ctr he'll be there & I'll get another wfb like Wighton who's also a dpp ctr/wfb. I'm making sure I have dpp's littered throughout my team.
    Not sure if Wighton gets DPP in 2016.  Persevered with him in my teams last year, after being one of his biggest proponents before the season kicked off  Crying or Very sad
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:57 am

SI wrote:
    Not sure if Wighton gets DPP in 2016.  Persevered with him in my teams last year, after being one of his biggest proponents before the season kicked off  Crying or Very sad

I've always had a soft spot for Wighton as he has so much potential & boy can he run. He has to be one of the quickest around. Imo the Raiders will do really well in 2016 so hopefully Wighton will benefit. I agree though Wighton may just be a wfb in 2016.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:03 pm

White Lightning wrote:
    SI wrote:

I've always had a soft spot for Wighton as he has so much potential & boy can he run. He has to be one of the quickest around. Imo the Raiders will do really well in 2016 so hopefully Wighton will benefit. I agree though Wighton may just be a wfb in 2016.
    Yeah, I love watching him play as well.  Great in attack but he was potentially the best defending centre as well when he started out.  REally thought he would cane in WFB this year after his form there at the end of 2014.

Problem with the Raiders in 2016 is going to be their go forward.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:39 pm

I didn't expect the Panthers to actually get Hiku. I can only assume it'll be a few days until Walker is announced at Manly.

With all this shuffling I think one team that is in the hunt for a centre is going to miss out

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 pm