NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:46 pm

SI wrote:

He is that Shpuldgood, but has to get the errors out of his game.  Prone to forcing passes and dropping the odd bomb.
    Should get along well with Ben Hunt.
    filthridden
    filthridden

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by filthridden Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:13 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I think it has died altogether. Its the longest I can recall its ever been down for. I'm hoping this site takes off. Even if its just us its still good. We seem to get a fair few guests pop on from time to time. Hopefully a few of them join up.

Its weird to think that sportal didnt have a grandfinal thread..

It's still down because with no one to tell them that it's down, they won't know.
    Can't believe they seriously don't check in on it at all.

I kinda want to tell them but also... it's their own fault and I'm not their bloody employee.
    RhinoNQ

Post by RhinoNQ Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:55 pm

here's me thinking noone would be that keen to post a 2016 team planne rup yet and where does google take me to. G'day all.

Few questions to be asked for next year (usually go through the loss and gains and scribble notes for each side.

Hodges centre spot has already been mentioned, what hasn't is dodds spot in the prop rotation. More minutes for Ofahangoe?

who will take Glen Stewarts run on spot at souths? Grevsmuhl? Turner? Also a bench spot left by Lowe for a possible rookie.

Goal kicking duties for the Tigers with richards gone?

Zeb Taia worth a crack with the titans pack clean out?

Make up of the manly pack with hasson, horo, lui, sao and sene-lefao. Will be a very different looking bench.

Can see Hodkinson dipping a fair bit in price at the knights. The shots at goal are going to less plentiful with the state the knights are in
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:58 pm

G'day RhinoNQ - are you a sportal poster under another name or a newcomer here?

For some of your questions

Moses is most likely kicker for the Tigers

Zeb Taia's fantasy usefulness will be dependant on price. He has a solid but not spectacular workload so would need to be relatively cheap to be worth it.

Little point trying to guess predicted line-ups at this point. Jesse Sene-Lefao just got signed by the Sharks, and Taupau is rumoured to be manly bound. Any other number of things might change between now and Feb/March next year.

Shots at goal are just a small part of scoring for a half. Mullen (when fit)managed to score weel despite no taking any conversions. Kick metres and tackles made are where you want the points to come. Goals are just a bonus. Still will be unlikely to consider Hodkinson anyway

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:00 pm

G'day Rhino, Thaiday will still be in prop rotation next year with McGuire coming back into the forwards too Ofahengue will likely see the same minutes.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:56 pm

RhinoNQ wrote:here's me thinking noone would be that keen to post a 2016 team planne rup yet and where does google take me to. G'day all.

Few questions to be asked for next year (usually go through the loss and gains and scribble notes for each side.

Hodges centre spot has already been mentioned, what hasn't is dodds spot in the prop rotation. More minutes for Ofahangoe?

who will take Glen Stewarts run on spot at souths? Grevsmuhl? Turner? Also a bench spot left by Lowe for a possible rookie.

Goal kicking duties for the Tigers with richards gone?

Zeb Taia worth a crack with the titans pack clean out?

Make up of the manly pack with hasson, horo, lui, sao and sene-lefao. Will be a very different looking bench.

Can see Hodkinson dipping a fair bit in price at the knights. The shots at goal are going to less plentiful with the state the knights are in

As MF said that McGuire will be coming back so he will pick up a bulk of the minutes. Ofahengaue was averaging close to 25 minutes at the end of the year so I don't see it changing at all. May improve slightly (Based on the fact there will be reduced interchanges.) However I think Nikorima will miss out on a Bench spot and just have McCullough for the 80 minutes.

Turner averaged 60 minutes (and was starting.) So at least based of the end of the year he has the inside track. The closest to a Rookie on there bench may be Damien Cook if the reports they signed him are true. Otherwise you have Grant/Burgess/Tyrell (1 Starting), Clark and Grevsmuhl.

I will take a punt at the Manly squad.

B. Lawrence - J. Trbojevic
    N. Myles - J. Buhrer - L. Brown

L. Burgess, D. Lussick, B. Leary, F. Mateo/T. Symonds

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:43 pm

RandomSil wrote:

As MF said that McGuire will be coming back so he will pick up a bulk of the minutes. Ofahengaue was averaging close to 25 minutes at the end of the year so I don't see it changing at all. May improve slightly (Based on the fact there will be reduced interchanges.) However I think Nikorima will miss out on a Bench spot and just have McCullough for the 80 minutes.

Turner averaged 60 minutes (and was starting.) So at least based of the end of the year he has the inside track. The closest to a Rookie on there bench may be Damien Cook if the reports they signed him are true. Otherwise you have Grant/Burgess/Tyrell (1 Starting), Clark and Grevsmuhl.

I will take a punt at the Manly squad.

B. Lawrence - J. Trbojevic
    N. Myles - J. Buhrer - L. Brown

L. Burgess, D. Lussick, B. Leary, F. Mateo/T. Symonds

That manly starting pack looks pretty decent for a workhorse group. I was thinking Lawrence would be a nice starting prop next year but forgot he will have to deal with both Myles and Buhrer making tackles in the 2nd row so I may avoid unless the price is right
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:
    That manly starting pack looks pretty decent for a workhorse group. I was thinking Lawrence would be a nice starting prop next year but forgot he will have to deal with both Myles and Buhrer making tackles in the 2nd row so I may avoid unless the price is right

Yeah although Lawrence is returning from back surgery. His price will be quite low however so could be worth a look. (Based on Milchow's projections assuming no Fantasy changes he will be $200 000 which isn't too bad.)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:30 pm

Found you. Quick heads-up on the ESL players heading to NRL and their fantasy relevance.

Elliot Whitehead (Raiders 2RF) - Should be an excellent real-life pick-up and if he gets minutes could be a gun (great running and offload game, solid defender) but with the Canberra back-row is a wait and see.

Joe Burgess (Roosters WFB) - Fast and a good finisher. Usual winger problems fantasy-wise. A cow at $128k but otherwise no.

Zeb Taia (Titans 2RF) - Potentially an 80-minute player in a nothing pack who breaks lines and scores tries. On the shortlist.

Mickey Paea (Knights FRF) - Hard runner, hard worker. Again should be getting lots to do in a below-average pack. Shortlisted.

Michael Oldfield (Souths WFB) Ian Henderson (Roosters HOK) Jordan Rankin (Wests HLF) Tyrone McCarthy (SGI 2RF) Mose Masoe (SGI FRF) - No, no, no, maybe if he gets minutes, and no.

Ben Garcia (Panthers FRF) - Interesting one. An unheralded signing but he's a strong young player - a Jake Trbo type. Imagine he'll be at $128k and if he gets named in the 17 he's worth a punt.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:34 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Cook averaged 66 this year. Even with a discount for only playing 3 games he is going to be prohibitively expensive
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:38 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Found you. Quick heads-up on the ESL players heading to NRL and their fantasy relevance.

Elliot Whitehead (Raiders 2RF) - Should be an excellent real-life pick-up and if he gets minutes could be a gun (great running and offload game, solid defender) but with the Canberra back-row is a wait and see.

Joe Burgess (Roosters WFB) - Fast and a good finisher. Usual winger problems fantasy-wise. A cow at $128k but otherwise no.

Zeb Taia (Titans 2RF) - Potentially an 80-minute player in a nothing pack who breaks lines and scores tries. On the shortlist.

Mickey Paea (Knights FRF) - Hard runner, hard worker. Again should be getting lots to do in a below-average pack. Shortlisted.

Michael Oldfield (Souths WFB) Ian Henderson (Roosters HOK) Jordan Rankin (Wests HLF) Tyrone McCarthy (SGI 2RF) Mose Masoe (SGI FRF) - No, no, no, maybe if he gets minutes, and no.

Ben Garcia (Panthers FRF) - Interesting one. An unheralded signing but he's a strong young player - a Jake Trbo type. Imagine he'll be at $128k and if he gets named in the 17 he's worth a punt.

Are you from Sportal?

Also what is up with all the guys named Rhino
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:45 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

Cook averaged 66 this year. Even with a discount for only playing 3 games he is going to be prohibitively expensive

Oh didn't realise he had scored so high. Well considering he will probably be splitting with McInnes I doubt he is worth looking at.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:03 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Are you from Sportal?

Yep, I was on Sportal last year with the same name. Posted a bit but not much. Rhinos are very popular...
    RhinoNQ

Post by RhinoNQ Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:02 am

[quote="rhinoceroo"]

copuld never eat a whole one though
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:52 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Yeah although Lawrence is returning from back surgery. His price will be quite low however so could be worth a look. (Based on Milchow's projections assuming no Fantasy changes he will be $200 000 which isn't too bad.)

If he starts at 200k he's got a spot on my lineup as FRF #3 locked up. Workhorse forward in both metres and tackles, was a 2nd tier prop before last season.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Didn't realise Zeb Taia was heading back  Shocked .  From memory he had close to a 50% ownership before Round 1 2012?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:40 pm

RandomSil wrote:

Are you from Sportal?

Theyre badass.

Im OG.

Whats the money on Parcell being the most owned player come round 1? Im not looking elsewhere for my hooking needs, if he gets the starting nod.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:04 pm

ryno_ wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:

Are you from Sportal?

Theyre badass.

Im OG.

Whats the money on Parcell being the most owned player come round 1? Im not looking elsewhere for my hooking needs, if he gets the starting nod.

A lot of us are hoping he will...

...deliver... Very Happy
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:06 pm

SI wrote:

A lot of us are hoping he will...

...deliver... :D

I laughed and groaned in equal measure.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:52 pm

G'day boys. Just joined up. Good to see many familiar posters. I'm thinking of loading my wfb's to start. My first pick is Radradra who has scored a hattrick of tries in the 1st game of the previous 2 seasons. He will be joined by Tedesco & RTS. I'm not sure whether RTS will do as well with the Warriors next year. A big difference playing behind a dominant Roosters pack where you're going forward as opposed to playing behind a Warriors pack. I'm thinking of using 2 guideslines next year in picking my team. (1) don't but injury prone players (2) never pick any Warriors players.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am