NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread  - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

Post by White Lightning Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Warriors wrote:

Whare will be in my squad - but Peachey and Hiku will probably start and Waqa Blake and DWZ on the wings. Idris I will gamble on if starting centre.

I am most interested in peoples starting halves - looks as though we will need two guns. I'm thinking Norman with byes and running the show, then choosing 1 out of Cleary, DCE, Johnson, Hunt, Pearce, Adam Reynolds and possibly Mitchell Moses will be hard. Leaning towards DCE or Johnson but unsure as they both have new halves partners.

Whare was their no. 1 ctr before his injury & I can see Hiku missing out. Hiku's lazy training attitude might count against him.
    This year I'm thinking of starting 3 gun halves. The extra half instead of a second high price hooker. My hookers will be Smith/Cherrington. The 3 halves I'm keen on are SJ/Pearce/Cleary although that'll probably be too expensive.
    Warriors
    Warriors

NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread  - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

Post by Warriors Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:12 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Whare was their no. 1 ctr before his injury & I can see Hiku missing out. Hiku's lazy training attitude might count against him.
    This year I'm thinking of starting 3 gun halves. The extra half instead of a second high price hooker. My hookers will be Smith/Cherrington. The 3 halves I'm keen on are SJ/Pearce/Cleary although that'll probably be too expensive.

Pearce is an interesting pick, can't go any better than he did last year and if he does will play origin. Cherrington might not even start let alone be on the bench. F Brown could be a smokie along with Jayden Brailey. Would Matt Ballin be a safe cash cow?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Warriors wrote:

Pearce is an interesting pick, can't go any better than he did last year and if he does will play origin. Cherrington might not even start let alone be on the bench. F Brown could be a smokie along with Jayden Brailey. Would Matt Ballin be a safe cash cow?

I like Pearce because I think the Roosters will get back to their best in 2017. The Roosters had a horrible 2016 season with with Pearce, Cordner & JWH out for a long time at the start & they're probably their 3 main players. Also the addition of M. Gordon & Keary will make them stronger. I think Pearce will play origin again so he is a bit of a risk.
    You're right re Cherrington. The players you mention plus Mortimer who they signed from the Titans will all compete for the hooker role.
    Ballin is injury prone so I would pass on him & the Wests pack look very average & lightweight. The pack could line up as Woods, Ballin, Sue, Lawrence, Aloiai, ET. This isn't very imposing & I'm wondering whether they will be dominant enough to get the backs on the front foot. I will probably pick Idris from the backline but might pass on Moses/Tedesco.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:06 pm

White Lightning wrote:My smokies atm in 2017 as follows:
    (1) Addo-Carr. Has gone to the Storm. We saw how lethal he was at the Tigers with his speed. Imagine how he'll go on the end of the Storm backline.
    (2) Uate. Has gone to the Sea Eagles. A brilliant player when on I can see him doing well in the Manly backline. Apparently Taufua is out of favour.
    (3) Hess. Tamou & Hannant have gone which leaves spots open. I know he's a 2fr & Bolton is probably in front of him so it will be interesting how it pans out.
    (4) Rochow. Has gone to Souths. As well as Souths playing all 3 big bye rounds he's an 80 minute player who should thrive in the Souths pack.

I think Rochow starts the year on the bench to be honest. Turner, Sutton and Burgess. Until the usual concussion to Turner and injury to Sutton I thin you'll be able to pick up Rochow for cheaper
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Hurrell has suffered a knee injury at Titans training. Getting scans but estimated out for a month.
    Never get players that suffer injuries before the season starts.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Matt duffy has looked very good in the lower grades.
    And if the sharks dont sign seggy, then Nubrown will be the man.
    Its december and there are numerous 'semi's' popping up already about 2017 fantasy ! Standard fair i guess haha
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:36 pm

Anyone buying Aubussen in 2017 affraid
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Revraiser wrote:Matt duffy has looked very good in the lower grades.
    And if the sharks dont sign seggy, then Nubrown will be the man.
    Its december and there are numerous 'semi's' popping up already about 2017 fantasy !  Standard fair i guess haha

Matt Dufty's NYC stats are good. But then so were Evander Cummins and he could never make the leap to first grade (Cummins averaged double digit tackle breaks per game. Dufty *only* averages 7)

If nothing else, Dufty will compete with Farrah and Hodgkinson for most commonly misspelt player name.

If the Shark's don't sign Seggy then they'll have some sort of rotation involving Brown, Cherrington and/or Mortimer won't they? Not sure any of them will be superb value.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:39 pm

White Lightning wrote:Anyone buying Aubussen in 2017 affraid

If he's DPP CTR I'll be forever tempted
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:58 pm

I found the first inconsistency of the 2017 player prices.

Prices are normally based on the end of the previous years scores and for most part are, but one of this years hot buys has had an unexpected price increase.

Billy Slater finished last year with 20 point ave and only 1 game meaning he should have come in at 138K, but minimum price for an experienced player is 143K, and this should have been his price, BUT the powers that be have set his price at 212K which is a 22.4 ave.

To make us feel better the price setters manipulated Brodie Croft down to 236K. If the price setting guidelines had been followed he should have been 401K.

I would like to see some consistency, not 1 rule for some and another rule for others
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Matt Dufty's NYC stats are good. But then so were Evander Cummins and he could never make the leap to first grade (Cummins averaged double digit tackle breaks per game. Dufty *only* averages 7)

If nothing else, Dufty will compete with Farrah and Hodgkinson for most commonly misspelt player name.

If the Shark's don't sign Seggy then they'll have some sort of rotation involving Brown, Cherrington and/or Mortimer won't they? Not sure any of them will be superb value.

Hard stats aside i make my opinion in Dufty based mostly on just seeing him play. He may or may not cut it, but i don't think his Tb's will be the deciding factor.
    When i banged it out i was thinking is it duffftttyyyy with a T or not to T.
    With no Seggy id hate to see a rotation at the sharks, it didn't come into play with Ennis but thats because it was Ennis
    Cherrington feels like a good buy but Mortimer shits me and the thought of Cherrington having no one to learn more from in the Hooking role would stifle him going forward i reckon. I really like Brown, could see him doing the 60+ mins and bringing a gimp on to slosh around for 15-20.
    Ultimately hope we sign Segz and Cherry gets popped into a future hooker.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am