NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Share
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 3620
    Reputation : 834
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by filthridden on Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:51 am

    Yeah so who are the good bye teams in 2017?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9305
    Reputation : 1634
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by SI on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:18 pm

    Have only had a quick look as having pretty much the worst morning at work in the history of forever. But Rabbits best byes again? Myabe Eels and Sharks looking good.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 1029
    Reputation : 114
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by surmo13 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:47 pm

    Lone Scout did a quick write-up:

    Fantasy winners

    Non-Origin players from the Rabbitohs and Eels: These are the only players who have the chance to play in all three major bye rounds – Round 12, Round 15 and Round 18. Fantasy coaches playing for overall points will need to keep an eye out for any quality buys from these clubs after the first dozen rounds of the season. Both clubs also play the bulk of their games at home in the second half of the season, making their players even better prospects for trading in before Origin.

    Non-Origin players from the Bulldogs, Sharks, Storm and Roosters: The players play in two of the three major bye weeks so will also be valuable for teams chasing overall points. Expect to see internationals James Graham and Jesse Bromwich and former NSW skipper Paul Gallen in a lot of Fantasy teams in the middle part of the season.

    Origin players from the Broncos, Raiders, Titans, Sea Eagles, Knights, Cowboys, Panthers, Dragons, Warriors and Wests Tigers: The fact that 10 clubs make this section shows that the NRL has done well in limiting the impact on State of Origin on the Telstra Premiership campaign, with all of these clubs losing their Origin players for just one match during the season. Of course those stars could also be rested in the week after an Origin game, but the most durable big guns are a strong chance of turning out for their club in 23 of their 24 regular season matches.

    Fantasy losers

    Origin players from the Rabbitohs and Eels: Greg Inglis will play just two NRL matches from Round 12 to Round 18 next season, while any Eel who gets called up to Origin level (like Michael Jennings) will play just three games between Round 12 and Round 19. This also makes incumbent NSW players and Rabbioths stars Adam Reynolds and Robbie Farah risky propositions in the middle part of the season.

    Rabbitohs backline players: With arguably the toughest draw in the NRL in 2017 and five of their first seven games away from home, the South Sydney backline could struggle to score points compared to previous seasons. The flipside is their big men may get more defensive work than usual – potentially good news for the Burgess brothers.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9305
    Reputation : 1634
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by SI on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:Lone Scout did a quick write-up:

    Fantasy winners

    Non-Origin players from the Rabbitohs and Eels: These are the only players who have the chance to play in all three major bye rounds – Round 12, Round 15 and Round 18. Fantasy coaches playing for overall points will need to keep an eye out for any quality buys from these clubs after the first dozen rounds of the season. Both clubs also play the bulk of their games at home in the second half of the season, making their players even better prospects for trading in before Origin.

    Non-Origin players from the Bulldogs, Sharks, Storm and Roosters: The players play in two of the three major bye weeks so will also be valuable for teams chasing overall points. Expect to see internationals James Graham and Jesse Bromwich and former NSW skipper Paul Gallen in a lot of Fantasy teams in the middle part of the season.

    Origin players from the Broncos, Raiders, Titans, Sea Eagles, Knights, Cowboys, Panthers, Dragons, Warriors and Wests Tigers: The fact that 10 clubs make this section shows that the NRL has done well in limiting the impact on State of Origin on the Telstra Premiership campaign, with all of these clubs losing their Origin players for just one match during the season. Of course those stars could also be rested in the week after an Origin game, but the most durable big guns are a strong chance of turning out for their club in 23 of their 24 regular season matches.

    Fantasy losers

    Origin players from the Rabbitohs and Eels: Greg Inglis will play just two NRL matches from Round 12 to Round 18 next season, while any Eel who gets called up to Origin level (like Michael Jennings) will play just three games between Round 12 and Round 19. This also makes incumbent NSW players and Rabbioths stars Adam Reynolds and Robbie Farah risky propositions in the middle part of the season.

    Rabbitohs backline players: With arguably the toughest draw in the NRL in 2017 and five of their first seven games away from home, the South Sydney backline could struggle to score points compared to previous seasons. The flipside is their big men may get more defensive work than usual – potentially good news for the Burgess brothers.

    Interesting, and frustrating. Lone Scout probably over analysing a bit, but who doesn't do that when it comes to Fantasy.
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2620
    Reputation : 784
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by Chewie on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:13 pm

    Bye planning has commenced
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3157
    Reputation : 857
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by No Worries on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:38 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Saw Jarryd Hayne today where I work. Fuck he towers over me I always thought he was short I'm 6 foot and he was looking down on me. Quite a nice guy


    Is 6ft in heels or flats ?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9305
    Reputation : 1634
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by SI on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:44 pm

    @No Worries wrote:
    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Saw Jarryd Hayne today where I work. Fuck he towers over me I always thought he was short I'm 6 foot and he was looking down on me. Quite a nice guy


    Is 6ft in heels or flats ?

    Lol

    6 foot nose to tail fin.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4864
    Reputation : 1395
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 29
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by Honeysett on Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:58 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:Saw Jarryd Hayne today where I work. Fuck he towers over me I always thought he was short I'm 6 foot and he was looking down on me. Quite a nice guy

    Bikie club house?
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3157
    Reputation : 857
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by No Worries on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:20 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    Bikie club house?

    I thought it sounded like a brothel
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 3607
    Reputation : 819
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:46 pm

    @No Worries wrote:

    I thought it sounded like a brothel

    Kinda, i work in a bank so we both fuck ya for your money

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:15 pm

    Can anyone confirm the rumors surrounding a certain Panthers player doing the rounds?
    avatar
    White Lightning

    Posts : 4628
    Reputation : 675
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by White Lightning on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:19 pm

    Bren wrote:Can anyone confirm the rumors surrounding a certain Panthers player doing the rounds?

    What rumour? I seem to be out of the loop.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3157
    Reputation : 857
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by No Worries on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:30 pm

    There's PM's for a reason. Share the wealth.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by Guest on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:38 pm

    @No Worries wrote:There's PM's for a reason. Share the wealth.
    Empty ya inbox.

    (Im guessing only SI will get this joke..)
    But for real Ill PM you soon.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9305
    Reputation : 1634
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by SI on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:42 pm

    Bren wrote:
    @No Worries wrote:There's PM's for a reason. Share the wealth.
    Empty ya inbox.

    (Im guessing only SI will get this joke..)
    But for real Ill PM you soon.

    Dat post count sitting on 6666.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:47 pm

    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9305
    Reputation : 1634
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by SI on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:53 am



    Couldn't help myself Very Happy
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3157
    Reputation : 857
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by No Worries on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:54 pm

    Bren wrote:Can anyone confirm the rumors surrounding a certain Panthers player doing the rounds?

    That's a yes from me
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 5125
    Reputation : 1498
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:56 am


    What's up party people. I've been a bit AWOL recently, but just checking in to say I'll be down in Melbourne tonight for the FFA Cup final. Not that any of you cars about the A-League, but I'll be there.

    In fantasy news, now that the draw is out might get first draft of the 2017 planner out in the coming weeks. Any feature requests this year?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9305
    Reputation : 1634
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL.com Fantasy thread part 51 - The party thread

    Post by SI on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:03 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    What's up party people.  I've been a bit AWOL recently,  but just checking in to say I'll be down in Melbourne tonight for the FFA Cup final.  Not that any of you cars about the A-League,  but I'll be there.

    In fantasy news,  now that the draw is out might get first draft of the 2017 planner out in the coming weeks.  Any feature requests this year?

    Absent With Out Lactose?

      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:25 am