NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 Signings

2017 Signings - Page 10 Empty Re: 2017 Signings

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:06 am

Im surprised it wasn't Farah who was busted for doing cocaine. Bloke certainly has the right toolkit.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:48 am

yep wouldnt bother me one iota if barba was banned from the NRL.
    He's a dumb cunt and druggo, has been for years. He even belted his mrs a few years ago.

Fuck him off.

It's disgusting if he signs with the sharks for half his initial contract, that should 100% be against the rules.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:37 am

Pieman wrote:yep wouldnt bother me one iota if barba was banned from the NRL.
    He's a dumb cunt and druggo, has been for years. He even belted his mrs a few years ago.

Fuck him off.

It's disgusting if he signs with the sharks for half his initial contract, that should 100% be against the rules.

Even though he'll only be playing half the amount of games?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:46 am

fair point, if it goes back up to the original amount in 2018, then good.
    but if it stays at half, thats a joke
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:52 am

I don't know how the Sharks could even consider letting him play there again; and the NRL should rid him forever. He is not going to fucking change, he is just going to pray he never gets caught again. How the fuck does a club with the history of the Sharks over the last decade let him back again.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:44 am

flasSId* wrote:I don't know how the Sharks could even consider letting him play there again; and the NRL should rid him forever.  He is not going to fucking change, he is just going to pray he never gets caught again.  How the fuck does a club with the history of the Sharks over the last decade let him back again.

completly agree
    its not like they dont have a ready replacement in Holmes anyway, let the cancer and time bomb go.
    By all means help with his rehab and offer him support, but dont let him play again for your club.

He is in a similar boat to Todd Carney, just comes across as a complete piece of shit as a person that cant change, why keep giving him chances.

Alcohol just ruin's some guys lives, Barba and Carney are perfect examples of this and they are lucky they are good at sport because if they werent they would be in and out of the courts and jail, lifting bricks or mowing lawns for a living (I doubt they could even hold a job doing that).
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:45 am

Prob 10-12 years ago, I was in a coles in Canberra, saw todd carney in there with his mum.
    They were standing at the meat section, fucking screaming at each other. "YOUR NOT GETTING THE FUCKING STEAKS MUM, I AM GETTING THE FUCKING STEAKS TODD".

Was brilliant
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:12 am

Didn't you say a couple of pages ago you'd take him at the knights?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:10 pm

We don't want him at Newcastle. We're building a culture that we want to work on. We can't afford to have winners involved in the club.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:11 pm

Krump wrote:Didn't you say a couple of pages ago you'd take him at the knights?

yes mate as I said a few weeks ago, I am a massive hypocrite
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Pieman wrote:

yes mate as I said a few weeks ago, I am a massive hypocrite

Haha classic Pieman moronicism.

Don't be so hard on yourself though mate, unlike your other stuff ups this one is more a reflection of just how desperate your club and it's fans really are.
    Even despite what you've said during this backflip, if they turned around tomorrow and said he'd signed with your club the resulting jizzfest would be horrific.

Speaking of the subject and after reading through all the news of this latest Ben Barba incident, I haven't heard nearly enough kudos given the to Broncos for once again setting the benchmark off (and on) the field.

Unlike what a lot (if not all other clubs) would have done, we looked beyond Barba's playing abilities and reluctantly let go one of our star players, purely for the greater good of the game.

Credit where credit is due.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:01 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Haha classic Pieman moronicism.

Don't be so hard on yourself though mate, unlike your other stuff ups this one is more a reflection of just how desperate your club and it's fans really are.
    Even despite what you've said during this backflip, if they turned around tomorrow and said he'd signed with your club the resulting jizzfest would be horrific.

Speaking of the subject and after reading through all the news of this latest Ben Barba incident, I haven't heard nearly enough kudos given the to Broncos for once again setting the benchmark off (and on) the field.

Unlike what a lot (if not all other clubs) would have done, we looked beyond Barba's playing abilities and reluctantly let go one of our star players, purely for the greater good of the game.

Credit where credit is due.

The Broncos are enablers. Lockyer, Hunt, Barba. Sweep the problem under the rug.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Hunt spotted in Parramatta today apparently. Broncos will be up a creek without a paddle if he leaves.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:04 pm

TopDog wrote:Hunt spotted in Parramatta today apparently. Broncos will be up a creek without a paddle if he leaves.

Will probably sign Thurston and Cam Smith with the money that Hunt leaving means #broncologic
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:21 pm

They would still have 600k from barba, dont forget that too HS
    Plus Izzy and Inglis never came
    Dont forget get money they saved when KHunt left too
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Just because I said I would take him at the Knights that doesnt mean that I am happy with the way they let players get away with things and giving repeat offenders second chances.

It just shows how shit the knights side has been over the last few years, and picking up someone like barba does improve the side on paper.

I even suggested in the original post that I dont think barba would be that good of a fit, as he only operates well behind a gun forward pack, which we dont have.

I would have very mixed emotions if he signed with newcastle tomorrow.
    I mean, he has had 2 great seasons in his what... 9 year career? A couple of those years he has been horrible, a couple have been OK. Inconsistency is not exactly something you want from a player who gets paid like 650k a year
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Meh. Barba improves most sides "on paper". Sometimes it doesn't work out. Most would probably say it's worth the punt, so don't take too much heckling from the gallery. His "two seasons" were good enough for a Dally M and a premiership. I'd say he's on his last chance if he comes back: he either plays out his career without further ado, or he ends up being one of those supremely talented guys that everyone holds up as the cautionary tale.

I personally think there should be a mechanism in place to protect clubs from snatching up disgraced players from other clubs at bargain prices. BTW, can anyone explain what the salary cap ramifications are? if he gets sacked, what happens to his portion of the cap?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Will probably sign Thurston and Cam Smith with the money that Hunt leaving means #broncologic

Oh awesome! I hope Hunt signs with the eels then
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:55 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Meh. Barba improves most sides "on paper". Sometimes it doesn't work out. Most would probably say it's worth the punt, so don't take too much heckling from the gallery. His "two seasons" were good enough for a Dally M and a premiership. I'd say he's on his last chance if he comes back: he either plays out his career without further ado, or he ends up being one of those supremely talented guys that everyone holds up as the cautionary tale.

I personally think there should be a mechanism in place to protect clubs from snatching up disgraced players from other clubs at bargain prices. BTW, can anyone explain what the salary cap ramifications are? if he gets sacked, what happens to his portion of the cap?

He asked for a reply which means he quit, so he doesn't get paid.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Honeysett wrote:

He asked for a reply which means he quit, so he doesn't get paid.

Foran quit the eels in a similar fashion to Barba, got a pay out AND it was not included in the cap.
    How about that one for a head scratcher.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:01 pm