NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NRL Finals Week 3

    Share
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 5038
    Reputation : 1475
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:33 pm


    Just like you have to know what hate is in order to love, you must also know what stupidity is before you can recognise genius.

    Unless you are stupid yourself, in which case you have no idea of who is actually smart (Dunning Kruger effect, its a real thing)
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4794
    Reputation : 1365
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Honeysett on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:40 pm

    I get what everyone is trying to say but it's all cliche single mom FB type rubbish.

    You don't need ying to have yang in every aspect of life.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Pieman on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:41 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Just like you have to know what hate is in order to love, you must also know what stupidity is before you can recognise genius.

    Unless you are stupid yourself, in which case you have no idea of who is actually smart (Dunning Kruger effect, its a real thing)

    Sure, you have to know what it is, and growing up you learn.
    As a grown adult though, you certainly dont need to hate eg all other teams to love your own team, which is what the original statement was.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3094
    Reputation : 822
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by No Worries on Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:46 pm

    @Pieman wrote:I agree its not meant to be as complicated, but some people sure as hell pour more passion into supporting their footy team than they do looking after their own kids etc.


    Collingwood supporters ??

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 996
    Reputation : 219
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:29 am

    What.....the.....fuck

    I'm busy at work for a day or so and all of a sudden Pieman puts forth a bloody football analogy about how much he loves his missus!

    That'll do me.

    I was going to poke holes all through his flimsy argument about Smith and Slater being grubs but I'm far too concerned about the weird analogy he'll put forth as a defence.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9172
    Reputation : 1591
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by SI on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:34 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:What.....the.....fuck

    I'm busy at work for a day or so and all of a sudden Pieman puts forth a bloody football analogy about how much he loves his missus!

    That'll do me.

    I was going to poke holes all through his flimsy argument about Smith and Slater being grubs but I'm far too concerned about the weird analogy he'll put forth as a defence.
    Pretty much all I read here was you were going to poke holes in Pieman's missus.

    SHOTS FIRED!

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 996
    Reputation : 219
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:51 am

    iSIs wrote:
    Pretty much all I read here was you were going to poke holes in Pieman's missus.

    SHOTS FIRED!

    Haha dirty minds think alike iSIs because I was going to write something like that but thought better of it.

    If Pieman actually has a missus and isn't just embarrassingly lying in an attempt to impress anonymous strangers on an internet forum....then he might award his softcock of the year vote to someone else other than you mate!

    Edit: Sorry just noticed the softcock of the year race had been run and won (of course)....now I understand why your post was so loose (relative to your usual softcocked posts)
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9172
    Reputation : 1591
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by SI on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:33 am

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    iSIs wrote:
    Pretty much all I read here was you were going to poke holes in Pieman's missus.

    SHOTS FIRED!

    Haha dirty minds think alike iSIs because I was going to write something like that but thought better of it.

    If Pieman actually has a missus and isn't just embarrassingly lying in an attempt to impress anonymous strangers on an internet forum....then he might award his softcock of the year vote to someone else other than you mate!

    Edit: Sorry just noticed the softcock of the year race had been run and won (of course)....now I understand why your post was so loose (relative to your usual softcocked posts)
    Indeed, thus now is the 3 to 4 day window I have each year to be an absolute wanker to all and sundry because I have my Precious once again.  It's my Mad Monday of sorts, a lull in the systemic Standard love, a solace for all the softcockedness.  After which I go back into pre-season training.  Bring on 2017!

    With that in mind, all Drongos supporters are farty face poopy pants :pp:

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 996
    Reputation : 219
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:37 am

    iSIs wrote:
    Indeed, thus now is the 3 to 4 day window I have each year to be an absolute wanker to all and sundry because I have my Precious once again.  It's my Mad Monday of sorts, a lull in the systemic Standard love, a solace for all the softcockedness.  After which I go back into pre-season training.  Bring on 2017!

    With that in mind, all Drongos supporters are farty face poopy pants :pp:

    Brutal.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Pieman on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:51 pm

    @Oz Sport Mad wrote:What.....the.....fuck

    I'm busy at work for a day or so and all of a sudden Pieman puts forth a bloody football analogy about how much he loves his missus!

    That'll do me.

    I was going to poke holes all through his flimsy argument about Smith and Slater being grubs but I'm far too concerned about the weird analogy he'll put forth as a defence.

    I wouldnt expect you to understand the complexities of life, love and football OSM
    The offseason is certainly a time for strange feelings and emotions to come through, kinda like puberty. Let me know when you get there ozzy, we can have THAT talk and I can educate you further on a number of life's big milestones.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 2646
    Reputation : 436
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Revraiser on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:04 pm

    Is it time for a 'measured' response from one of our calmer, collected, colloquial members ?
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1863
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NRL Finals Week 3

    Post by Pieman on Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:39 pm

    already been done mate, no prob

      Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:53 pm