NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    NRL Finals Week 2

    Share

    Dip

    Posts : 1123
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Dip on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:59 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    There were three direct decisions that lead to Broncos tries not to mention an incorrect call that cost the Titans, it goes close to costing them the game.

    Good to see your back doing your comedy write ups again. It's been a while.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1751
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Mearcats on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:02 pm

    @Honeysett wrote:

    There were three direct decisions that lead to Broncos tries not to mention an incorrect call that cost the Titans, it goes close to costing them the game.

    It's not often that i disagree with you HS cos you're usually well on the money but to say that ANY of the calls against the weekend cost the Titans the game is a bit far fetched lad.

    Oates, 100% the wrong decision and yes, there was a try 4 tackles later. That's 4 tackles mate. That's like saying that the guy who ran a red light a week ago caused you to have the accident with the chick turning at the intersection just now. 

    James Roberts kicking, yup, defs should have been a penalty but again, 2 sets of play onwards before anything happens,

    The others were all the same and not one single incident led "directly" to a try. And sure, there's momentum swings etc and a call like those definitely has an influence on a game but realistically, it has about as much influence as you telling me to shag the 1 outta 10 bitch when I'm already shitfaced and high as a kite. My mind was made up, the game was won, it was gonna happen regardless.

    P.S. I hated last weeks reffing display. I'm a Broncs fan. I would've been happy for the Titans to knock us out. Just as I'm fine with getting knocked out tonight. My complaints arise when a game is unfairly adjudicated. I can't stand that shit. I'm happy to lose, so long as it's fair and square. Would I blame the refs for tonights loss? Nope. That medal hangs on Matt Gilletts shoulders.
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 959
    Reputation : 111
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by surmo13 on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:05 pm

    What gets me, is that there wasn't a Broncos fan here that denied the Titans got some rough calls last week, but when the games on the line and the refs continually rule in the Cowboys favour on calls that could've (and sometimes should've) went the Broncos way, none of you blokes that were in here screaming bloody murder last week can sack up enough to say that the refs might have gotten one single one of them wrong, fucking hypocrites the lot of you.
    avatar
    Mearcats

    Posts : 1751
    Reputation : 339
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Age : 32
    Location : Geelong, Victoria

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Mearcats on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:15 pm

    Myeh, I'm not stressed about that either. You're a Broncs fan Surmo, you oughta be used to it mate. Think we'd be up there with Manly and Doggies as the most hated club in the league. I couldn't give a rats. 

    I couldn't honestly say that there were any decisions that "should" have gone our way tonight. There were a bunch of 50/50 calls that COULD have gone our way but we've been on the receiving end of games when those calls have gone our way as well.

    TBH, that was a fuckin spectacle. I'd hang my hat on the fact that the GF won't be that good. Fuck, I';d reckon you won't see a better game than that til the next time these two play each other! Sit back and enjoy the fact that somehow, just SOMEHOW, the Broncs and Cows continue to make TV worth watching, nay, exciting and are able to ramp it up just a little bit more every time!
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1859
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Pieman on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:34 pm

    @surmo13 wrote:What gets me, is that there wasn't a Broncos fan here that denied the Titans got some rough calls last week, but when the games on the line and the refs continually rule in the Cowboys favour on calls that could've (and sometimes should've) went the Broncos way, none of you blokes that were in here screaming bloody murder last week can sack up enough to say that the refs might have gotten one single one of them wrong, fucking hypocrites the lot of you.

    the difference is, the titans got fucked by a few howlers.
    There were no howlers in the game tonight, there were 50/50's that can go either way, and because youre a broncos fan u feel hard done by because the refs didnt favour your side with the 50/50 calls.

    was an outstanding game, loved every minute of it
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9138
    Reputation : 1580
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by SI on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:38 pm

    @Mearcats wrote:Myeh, I'm not stressed about that either. You're a Broncs fan Surmo, you oughta be used to it mate. Think we'd be up there with Manly and Doggies as the most hated club in the league. I couldn't give a rats. 

    I couldn't honestly say that there were any decisions that "should" have gone our way tonight. There were a bunch of 50/50 calls that COULD have gone our way but we've been on the receiving end of games when those calls have gone our way as well.

    TBH, that was a fuckin spectacle. I'd hang my hat on the fact that the GF won't be that good. Fuck, I';d reckon you won't see a better game than that til the next time these two play each other! Sit back and enjoy the fact that somehow, just SOMEHOW, the Broncs and Cows continue to make TV worth watching, nay, exciting and are able to ramp it up just a little bit more every time!
    Here's to hoping the GF somehow ends up better, but yeah, the last few years have provided a deadset genuine derby each and every time.

    Dip

    Posts : 1123
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Dip on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:53 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    the difference is, the titans got fucked by a few howlers.
    There were no howlers in the game tonight, there were 50/50's that can go either way, and because youre a broncos fan u feel hard done by because the refs didnt favour your side with the 50/50 calls.

    was an outstanding game, loved every minute of it

    I'm not going to blame the refs. As I've said I think they had a good game. But here's a couple of decisions, for example only, that had a bigger impact on the RESULT than any decision last week:
    1. With 20 seconds to go O'Neill knocks on and Morgan picks it up in an offside position on the halfway line. The correct call is penalty Broncos. We should have then kicked for touch and had a field goal shot from 30 out after the hooter (which we may have missed).
    2. After a heap of defence on our line, we catch a break when Coote knocked on the kick. In the next set of 6, we get 6 again when the Cows knock the ball down from a pass a metre from their own line. The ball is batted back to Milf who runs 5m sideways and in the tackle loses the ball. He has never taken an advantage, and has not even reached the point where the Cows knocked the ball forward, yet when the Cows recover the ball it is called play on instead of going back to the original knock on.

    Now like you, I think the game was pretty well reffed as a whole, so don't have complaints about that. I do however, feel comfortable pointing out the irony of people saying the reffing last week had a huge impact on the game, but this week's didn't. That is more a reference to last week's BS than tonight's.
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 3497
    Reputation : 770
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:28 am

    What does everyone rate the Cowboys chances without Taumalolo next week, he was easily their best on field
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4774
    Reputation : 1357
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Honeysett on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:38 am

    @Dip wrote:

    I'm not going to blame the refs. As I've said I think they had a good game. But here's a couple of decisions, for example only, that had a bigger impact on the RESULT than any decision last week:
    1. With 20 seconds to go O'Neill knocks on and Morgan picks it up in an offside position on the halfway line. The correct call is penalty Broncos. We should have then kicked for touch and had a field goal shot from 30 out after the hooter (which we may have missed).
    2. After a heap of defence on our line, we catch a break when Coote knocked on the kick. In the next set of 6, we get 6 again when the Cows knock the ball down from a pass a metre from their own line. The ball is batted back to Milf who runs 5m sideways and in the tackle loses the ball. He has never taken an advantage, and has not even reached the point where the Cows knocked the ball forward, yet when the Cows recover the ball it is called play on instead of going back to the original knock on.

    Now like you, I think the game was pretty well reffed as a whole, so don't have complaints about that. I do however, feel comfortable pointing out the irony of people saying the reffing last week had a huge impact on the game, but this week's didn't. That is more a reference to last week's BS than tonight's.

    1. They called knock on because he knocks it on, either a) he makes contact with the ball again or b) he was on the ground which is tackle completed. Correct decision. Morgan was offside after this fact. Correct decision, blowing a penalty there would be unjust given they don't do it any other time.

    2. I thought this one you may have got dubbed, however I believe they ruled it went backwards off the Cowboys to get the 6 again. 50/50.

    Gillett didn't help but if he doesn't trip up JT he scores the try, he's lucky there was another player close or he would be in the bin
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4774
    Reputation : 1357
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Honeysett on Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:41 am

    Also you can say it impacted on the result more than last week but that can't be proven.

    League is a momentum game. If the Broncos gets called out of a number of the bad calls they don't have the set that scores them the tries, they don't have the momentum and potentially don't win the game.

    Considering the huge amount of incorrect calla last week it could be argued you were due to be on the wrong end of a 50/50 call.
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 66
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Clack Bocks on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:06 am

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:What does everyone rate the Cowboys chances without Taumalolo next week, he was easily their best on field

    Why won't they have lolo next week?

    Refs imo weren't that bad this week. Hardly used the bunker too so I think this should be the standard we'd expect
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3087
    Reputation : 818
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by No Worries on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:24 am

    People have complained for years that refs have no balls and the last 5-10 of a game and extra time is adjudicated differently. When they step up the refs cost the Broncos the season. Like Hunt last year, a single individual cost Broncos the season and it wasn't the ref.

    leaguegod

    Posts : 785
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2015-11-24

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by leaguegod on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:34 am

    what a game of rugby league, well done Broncos and cowboys, you've done it again

    the 2nd game this year wasn't as good but between the semi last year, the GF, the 1st game this year and last night, you've got 4 matches that have been better then all but a 1 or 2 origin games i have seen, just brilliant to watch


    we won't see a better game the rest of the finals, no way


    Sharks were the other winner last night, cows will be in recovery mode all week

    Dip

    Posts : 1123
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Dip on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:22 am

    I reckon Cows will smash the Sharks. Rest at home last night, they'll feel invincible after that win, and psychologically I reckon the Sharks will feel intimidated by Thurston and LoLo and the weight of shire expectations.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1859
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Pieman on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:27 am

    @Dip wrote:

    I'm not going to blame the refs. As I've said I think they had a good game. But here's a couple of decisions, for example only, that had a bigger impact on the RESULT than any decision last week:
    1. With 20 seconds to go O'Neill knocks on and Morgan picks it up in an offside position on the halfway line. The correct call is penalty Broncos. We should have then kicked for touch and had a field goal shot from 30 out after the hooter (which we may have missed).
    2. After a heap of defence on our line, we catch a break when Coote knocked on the kick. In the next set of 6, we get 6 again when the Cows knock the ball down from a pass a metre from their own line. The ball is batted back to Milf who runs 5m sideways and in the tackle loses the ball. He has never taken an advantage, and has not even reached the point where the Cows knocked the ball forward, yet when the Cows recover the ball it is called play on instead of going back to the original knock on.

    Now like you, I think the game was pretty well reffed as a whole, so don't have complaints about that. I do however, feel comfortable pointing out the irony of people saying the reffing last week had a huge impact on the game, but this week's didn't. That is more a reference to last week's BS than tonight's.

    With 1. when have they ever called that as offside? Honestly, I cant think of a time where someone knocks it on, the ball then rolls on the ground a bit then a bloke infront picks it up - then they call it offside. I genuinely cant think of a time. If they always pinged that rule, I would be with you 100%. If they called that, it would have actually been controversial because it never ever gets called.

    With 2. It all happened so fast, I thought that a cowboys player knocked it back and thats why it was play on, I would have to watch it again tho.

    The biggest impact on the RESULT was Boyd dropping the kickoff and Gillett tripping thurston. Not anything the refs did IMO.
    Anyway you cant say what had a bigger impact on the result, because you or I simply dont know what was going to happen if a particular call is made or not.

    Also, Games like this are why I dont like expansion - and why I hate Clubland during the state of origin period, and why I feel the season should be shortened. There is not enough elite talent in the league to add new teams that are genuinely competitive, sorry.
    And why the fuck is the league happy to have the best players taken out of the club sides for at least 3 games a year plus rests etc, plus byes, in the heart of the season..... games like last night prove that when you have the best teams playing with the best talent - you get the best result. Was deadset outstanding.

    100% sharks are specials next week - that game was so brutal and taxing, the cowboys will be still feeling the effects for sure!

    Also, Cya Cozza! Salt

    avatar
    ryno_

    Posts : 1030
    Reputation : 169
    Join date : 2015-09-27
    Age : 28

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by ryno_ on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:09 am

    Do we need 14 other teams? Can't those 2 just play each other each week? I reckon out of 5 of the best games from the last 12 months, 4 of them would be Broncos/Cows.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 4774
    Reputation : 1357
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Honeysett on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:40 am

    @Dip wrote:I reckon Cows will smash the Sharks. Rest at home last night, they'll feel invincible after that win, and psychologically I reckon the Sharks will feel intimidated by Thurston and LoLo and the weight of shire expectations.

    Pros are feeling in invincible but they're going to be feeling it this morning. Plus the travel and Sharks will have had a week off to get ready for the game. Mentally and physically.

    Sharks just need to start strong
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1859
    Reputation : 149
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Pieman on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:03 pm

    @ryno_ wrote:Do we need 14 other teams? Can't those 2 just play each other each week? I reckon out of 5 of the best games from the last 12 months, 4 of them would be Broncos/Cows.

    Totally agree - they are easily the best games of the year (over the last 2 or 3 years anyway)
    avatar
    Mighty Fishes
    Moderator

    Posts : 3497
    Reputation : 770
    Join date : 2015-08-01

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Mighty Fishes on Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:27 pm

    @Clack Bocks wrote:

    Why won't they have lolo next week?

    Refs imo weren't that bad this week. Hardly used the bunker too so I think this should be the standard we'd expect

    When he tried to take Mcguires head off instead of tackling him. Hes had a similar offense earlier this year too
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 595
    Reputation : 66
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: NRL Finals Week 2

    Post by Clack Bocks on Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:23 pm

    @Mighty Fishes wrote:

    When he tried to take Mcguires head off instead of tackling him. Hes had a similar offense earlier this year too

    Forgot about that. Those are big shoes to fill.

      Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:34 pm