NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

standard-issue
    standard-issue

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

Post by standard-issue Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Honeysett wrote:Cheese, beef and bacon pies are the way to go.

Also when it comes to fast food I can't go past a Rippa sub from Red Rooster or a Hot chicken roll with sweet and sour sauce.
    I used to love Red Rooster.  But I am a Chicken Treat man now.  Red Rooster chips don't stack up and the Chicken Treat chicken rolls always seem to have more of that chicken left in the bottom of the packet, you know the stuff that is a bonus after you have finished the roll.

Maybe that means Red Rooster put their rolls together better or something?  I don't care though, I throw caution to the wind several times a year.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:16 pm

iSIs wrote:
    I used to love Red Rooster.  But I am a Chicken Treat man now.  Red Rooster chips don't stack up and the Chicken Treat chicken rolls always seem to have more of that chicken left in the bottom of the packet, you know the stuff that is a bonus after you have finished the roll.

Maybe that means Red Rooster put their rolls together better or something?  I don't care though, I throw caution to the wind several times a year.

Red Rooster hasn't been the same since it changed from Big Rooster.

Sad day.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    iSIs wrote:

Red Rooster hasn't been the same since it changed from Big Rooster.

Sad day.
    I actually thought Big Rooster became Chicken Treat?  Or am I just confused because they both used a lot of yellow in their branding?  Agree, Big Rooster was absolute quality-especially their chips  Very Happy
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:22 pm

iSIs wrote:

Chicken Treat is the closest thing to my house and I wouldn't give them the time of time. The chicken is so dry there. Redders gets the W for me.

Although can't go past the $10 for 24 KFC nuggets
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Even though they don't advertise it, there are still 2 types of Street Wise packs at KFC.  The one they flog for $20 is more variety but the value is the Street Wise 10 piece-10 pieces and 2 large chips for $21.  I'm thinking I get me some tonight  Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:42 pm

iSIs wrote:
    I actually thought Big Rooster became Chicken Treat?  Or am I just confused because they both used a lot of yellow in their branding?  Agree, Big Rooster was absolute quality-especially their chips  Very Happy

I think it varied state-by-state.

Red Rooster used to do an awesome roll (about 10+ years ago) that I would eat at any opportunity (not many Red Roosters near me)

But they slowly decreased the quality and size of ingredients until it became rubbish, and I don't think they even sell it any more. Can't even remember what it was called.

Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:44 pm

iSIs wrote:

There is no such thing as Chicken Treat in the civilized world mate.

Sounds like a WA thing.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:44 pm

No Worries wrote:

Haloumi you Spartan wanna be

Really? So 2015.... Next you'll be telling me quinoa is the new thing. Gonna put you in the same basket as SI and tell you to get with the times!  Razz
    code delta
    code delta

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 8 Empty zpellin

Post by code delta Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Well the start of this thread made me think I should get out more.
    Now it's descended to fast food Shitposting

I'm currently cooking roast beef and vegies ........ and none of you are invited. There's some chicken or pie place down the road you can go to.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:57 pm

See guys, there still are some Aussie bogans about, @code delta is cooking a good old fashioned rostbif and veg

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:59 pm

At first I was going to cook a parmy for dinner. Then I thought about a steak sanga. Then I thought about getting some takeaway dumplings n shit. Now I dont know what I want..
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Big Rooster definitely had the best chips.

Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 pm

TopDog wrote:At first I was going to cook a parmy for dinner. Then I thought about a steak sanga. Then I thought about getting some takeaway dumplings n shit. Now I dont know what I want..

Do the parmy. Then post a pic.

Keep your chubby fingers out of the photo.

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:02 pm

code delta wrote:Well the start of this thread made me think I should get out more.
    Now it's descended to fast food Shitposting

I'm currently cooking roast beef and vegies ........ and none of you are invited. There's some chicken or pie place down the road you can go to.
    I like to roll my potatoes in oil and a good covering of salt and pepper before I bake them. Makes them nice and crispy on the outside Excited

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:08 pm

Pain wrote:

Do the parmy. Then post a pic.

Keep your chubby fingers out of the photo.
    Rolling Laugh

My fingers are svelte as fuck.

Last edited by TopDog on Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:09 pm

TopDog wrote:
    I like to roll my potatoes in oil and a good covering of salt and pepper before I bake them. Makes them nice and crispy on the outside Excited

If you're not par-boiling first you're doing it wrong.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:10 pm

TopDog wrote:
    Rolling Laugh

I don't need to post my hand modelling photo again, do I?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Mearcats wrote:

If you're not par-boiling first you're doing it wrong.
    Dont be silly lad! I meant after that.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 pm

TopDog wrote:
    Dont be silly lad! I meant after that.

Ah, there's a lad that knows his taters. Another trick I deploy of occasion is post the par boiling chuck em in a sieve and give em a bit of a rough up, gives varying levels of crunch and texture.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:41 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    TopDog wrote:
    Rolling Laugh

I don't need to post my hand modelling photo again, do I?

I think that means you do Very Happy

And what the duck is par boiling?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:39 pm