NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Finals Week 1

Pieman
    Pieman

NRL Finals Week 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: NRL Finals Week 1

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:17 pm

Dip wrote:Get your anti Broncos glasses off Pieman. The Roberts and Oates decisions were terrible, but the rest were spot on. The penalty try would only have been controversial had they not awarded it.

If it wasn't the Broncos, when Pearson dropped the ball off the first bomb many would be saying that Hoffman pushed him without going for the ball. No mention of that.

I actually missed the first 20mins and didnt see that.

My problem is the rule not the ruling - but the fact that every single fucking game someone stops a try with their foot yet in a final they bring out a penalty try for it. Its mental. I havent ever seen a penalty try awarded for it - and I am all for penalty tries and sin bins. Its a shocker IMO. The ball is put on his lower shin/ankle too not his boot, so you could even argue it and say that he swung his legs around and it hit his shin not his boot. I dont know what the actual rule is

The roberts kick... I dont think he deserves a charge to miss a game for it but fuck me dead it deserved a penalty - and even possibly a sin bin. Its not a footy play - its kicking an opposition player in the back when he is on the ground. And the fact that that very play was a try makes it even worse, not to mention the fact that they can look at the play the ball on the video when deciding what is a try and what isnt.

The scrum over-rule decision was wrong - or dubious at best - and there was not clear enough evidence to change the call.

One of the tries Thiaday steamrolled into bird and the ref just awarded the try without going upstairs. Not saying it wasnt a try, I didnt get a good enough look at it but considering if someone touches a defender they over turn tries, why wouldnt they just look at it at least?

That forward pass ... I mean fuck, there are at least 20 passes, mostly from the dummy half, that are way more forward than that.

I dont for one second think that the Titans would have won that match but fuck I am filthy with the quality of the reffing from that game. Not every single bad call was against the titans, the broncos copped some too but they also got every single 50/50 call.

If there is as much of a stink about the reffing as there has been in the media and on social media - then there is something definitely wrong with it and its not just me and my "anti bronco glasses".

Also, hayne made a few super costly errors. With hindsight, chucking him at fullback after such little game time was the wrong move. They should have kept him on the bench/put him in the centres or on the wing and rotated him and mead around in the games. He was either brilliant or terrible last night.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:28 pm

Shanbon wrote:I'd rather be punched then kicked. It was blatant, deliberate and intended to hurt, needs to be a minimum of 3 weeks

My problem with the penalty try was ever week you see players try use their legs to stop tries and never once have we seen a penalty try.

The refs were ridiculous and knew they stuffed up a few times so brushed the captains away rudely and with no respect. I felt bad for Friend a few times

The problem wasn't with using the legs, if Hurrell had positioned his leg so that Kahu put the ball down on top of it, then it's no try, Hurrell kicked at the ball, and that's a penalty try every single time, ironically enough, you can thank the same people who are up in arms about the desicion for bringing in this rule by whinging everyone's ears off when Slater was worse than Hitler for kicking at the ball to stop tries.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:37 pm

surmo13 wrote:

The problem wasn't with using the legs, if Hurrell had positioned his leg so that Kahu put the ball down on top of it, then it's no try, Hurrell kicked at the ball, and that's a penalty try every single time, ironically enough, you can thank the same people who are up in arms about the desicion for bringing in this rule by whinging everyone's ears off when Slater was worse than Hitler for kicking at the ball to stop tries.

Ive never saw slater have a penalty try go against him for doing it.
    If his knee hits it is it a penalty try? Because his boot didnt hit it thats for sure, his ankle did.

I agree that he kicked the ball out with his ankle - but I have literally never seen a penalty try awarded for it, ever.
    The rule was brought in to stop slater from sliding in with his studs up or sliding in on his knees and smacking people in the ribs, it was not brought in to stop defenders from not dangerously kicking at a ball to stop a try and him running in and kicking at the ball dangerously.

Anyway!

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:40 pm

Also, I had forgotten how much I disliked haynes persona on the field. In the USA he was humble and said all the right things and they loved him for it.

Back in the NRL he is fucking blowing up at refs, throwing the ball, shaking his head when blokes are tackling him, blowing up when someone tackles him hard and works him a bit on the ground, running around with his arms out after he sets up a try (last night it was not even the "Hayne plane" thing he use to do, it was a "I am so fucking good" arms out after he kicked it for Hoffman.

I really dislike his persona on the field, I forgot how much of a fuckwit and sook he can be on it.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:44 pm

Pieman wrote:
    im going to miss both games because my fucking mrs decided it was a good idea to buy tickets to the wallabies test
    My deepest condolences to you Sir.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:51 pm

Pieman wrote:

Ive never saw slater have a penalty try go against him for doing it.
    If his knee hits it is it a penalty try? Because his boot didnt hit it thats for sure, his ankle did.

I agree that he kicked the ball out with his ankle - but I have literally never seen a penalty try awarded for it, ever.
    The rule was brought in to stop slater from sliding in with his studs up or sliding in on his knees and smacking people in the ribs, it was not brought in to stop defenders from not dangerously kicking at a ball to stop a try and him running in and kicking at the ball dangerously.

Anyway!

You obviously haven't been paying attention then, because it gets pulled up everytime it happens, nothing comes of most of them because it's a last gasp thing that doesn't come off and the try gets scored anyway, so the most the ref can do is go "hey you, don't kick at the ball"...

and not kicking at the ball in posession was bought in for the same reason the shoulder charge rule was bought in - because it's dangerous, what happens if Hurrell misses the ball and cleans Kahu's clock?

EDIT: so i did a quick little search on your first point which led me to a forum post, which lead me to this video of a Storm vs Broncos game in 2010
    watch from 1:10 and notice what happens, I apologize in advance for the video being recorded by a potato, but in lieu of seeing clearly, Gould is quite happy to explain what has happened, oddly enough without any of the indignation or outrage he showed last night.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:03 pm

surmo13 wrote:

You obviously haven't been paying attention then, because it gets pulled up everytime it happens, nothing comes of most of them because it's a last gasp thing that doesn't come off and the try gets scored anyway, so the most the ref can do is go "hey you, don't kick at the ball"...

and not kicking at the ball in posession was bought in for the same reason the shoulder charge rule was bought in - because it's dangerous, what happens if Hurrell misses the ball and cleans Kahu's clock?

EDIT: so i did a quick little search on your first point which led me to a forum post, which lead me to this video of a Storm vs Broncos game in 2010
    watch from 1:10 and notice what happens, I apologize in advance for the video being recorded by a potato, but in lieu of seeing clearly, Gould is quite happy to explain what has happened, oddly enough without any of the indignation or outrage he showed last night.

Yes mate fair point. Cudos. I still dont like it, as I said, I dont like the rule not the ruling.

To answer your question - if he kicks kahu in the head, he gets binned. If he kicks the ball cleanly, it should be play on. Same with the shoulder charge rule.

They are not black and white scenarios, they should all be dealt with individually, but in their desperate plea to get consistency - they neglect to actually look at a situation for what its worth. There is literally nothing dangerous about what happened last night, so it should have been play on IMO.

What about when a bloke comes in with a swinging arm or what ever, and he misses. They dont penalise him because of the swinging arm on its own, a thing you arent allowed to do, they penalise if the person connects. It should be the same with the shoulder charge and this fucking stupid kicking rule. If its a dangerous one, penalise it. If its not, play on.

I hate it, I also hate the shoulder charge rule - especially when they ignore it when a winger comes steaming across and shoulder charges the attacker over the side line when they are trying to score a try. They just blatantly ignore it or even allow it, which is bizzare to me.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:10 pm

to be fair, it didnt show what else gus was about to say about it - didnt say whether he liked it or not.
    but gus is a fuckwit of the highest order and who knows what agenda he was driving that week.

fuck thiaday got fat.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:16 pm

Pieman wrote:

Yes mate fair point. Cudos. I still dont like it, as I said, I dont like the rule not the ruling.

To answer your question - if he kicks kahu in the head, he gets binned. If he kicks the ball cleanly, it should be play on.  Same with the shoulder charge rule.

They are not black and white scenarios, they should all be dealt with individually, but in their desperate plea to get consistency - they neglect to actually look at a situation for what its worth. There is literally nothing dangerous about what happened last night, so it should have been play on IMO.

What about when a bloke comes in with a swinging arm or what ever, and he misses. They dont penalise him because of the swinging arm on its own, a thing you arent allowed to do, they penalise if the person connects. It should be the same with the shoulder charge and this fucking stupid kicking rule. If its a dangerous one, penalise it. If its not, play on.

I hate it, I also hate the shoulder charge rule - especially when they ignore it when a winger comes steaming across and shoulder charges the attacker over the side line when they are trying to score a try. They just blatantly ignore it or even allow it, which is bizzare to me.

So you think if a player gets spear tackled, just play on if they don't get hurt? And you agree with Roberts not getting penalized then, yeh he kicked, but it was a pretty weak kick in the back, not dangerous at all, so play on? The game outlaws these things because they can be dangerous so they are trying to discourage players from using them altogether, if you allow players to use these tactics as long as they get it right, you just open up a greater possibility for some-one to get it very very wrong, as the saying goes 'an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure'

Also, let me get this straight, instead of making the rule a clear one - don't kick at the ball when a player is in possession of it, you want to make it a judgment call, so you can heap even more shit on the refs when their judgment doesn't line up with yours, which is a problem with this sport in general, too many rules rely on a human being making a split-second judgment call, that gets called a controversy because half agree with it and half don't.

Last edited by surmo13 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Pieman wrote:to be fair, it didnt show what else gus was about to say about it - didnt say whether he liked it or not.
    but gus is a fuckwit of the highest order and who knows what agenda he was driving that week.

fuck thiaday got fat.
    He has had a couple of kids since then.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Sharks click today and het back to their best. I can smell it !
    Bird and holmes to have stormers. We need this today !

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Revraiser wrote:Sharks click today and het back to their best. I can smell it !
    Bird and holmes to have stormers. We need this today !
    Sometimes what you need and what you get are two completely different things.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Pieman wrote:
    im going to miss both games because my fucking mrs decided it was a good idea to buy tickets to the wallabies test

Seriously ? You cant send anyone else and get away with it ?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:08 pm

If the Broncos finished 10th they'd still get a home final.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Starting to heat up nicely.

Lets go you mighty Raiders!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:50 pm

No Worries wrote:
    Pieman wrote:

Seriously ? You cant send anyone else and get away with it ?
    lol!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Was never going to catch him. TRY every day of the week.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:27 pm

Dedset thought Wighton was going to stop Prior then.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:48 pm

Shame for Hodgson, has been brilliant. My boy Baptiste will do his job but.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Great try Sharkies!!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am