NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Round 25

    Share
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3307
    Reputation : 916
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Round 25

    Post by No Worries on Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:17 pm

    Pieman wrote:

    except it was high?

    nah he fell into it

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1069
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:32 am

    Bren wrote:
    Nothing in the Barba one either.

    The RCG tackle was purely bad luck but the Barba tackle was pretty ordinary IMO.

    His momentum had clearly stopped and Kane Evans only intent was to hurt the bloke - pretty low act.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Guest on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:50 am

    Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    The RCG tackle was purely bad luck but the Barba tackle was pretty ordinary IMO.

    His momentum had clearly stopped and Kane Evans only intent was to hurt the bloke - pretty low act.
    Nah its fair game, even Gallen said it was a fair tackle and it was on his teammate.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1069
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:01 am

    Bren wrote:
    Nah its fair game, even Gallen said it was a fair tackle and it was on his teammate.

    Fair point....but realistically Gallen is a cheap-shot merchant and low khunt himself; so he may have just been getting on the front foot for his next inevitable dog-act/charge.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5003
    Reputation : 1499
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Honeysett on Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:04 pm

    Fuck Cam Smith.

    He's complaining about Milford throwing the ball into the offside player, QLD did the same fucking thing in Origin and he didn't say shit! Fuck I hate him.
    avatar
    Revraiser

    Posts : 3013
    Reputation : 494
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Revraiser on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:40 pm

    Haha @ Cam.

    Cant stand tackles like the cheap shot on Barba from Kane Evans, absolute disgrace that players do it and worse still that some fans ok it. Tiniest man in the game is already held up by two, going nowhere and held when Evans smashes him in the ribs for no reason at all. I dont care if it is in the rules, its a dog act.

    And a big @#&k you to anyone who still puts gallen on the pedestal as the grubbiest player. He was once grubby but has hardly been the same for years now. The worst stuff that goes on now is the head patting like Friend on Gallen this weekend, its a low act and more and more prevalent in todays game. Gallen reacting and dumping Friend on his ass is what he deserved.

    Whilst on Gallen, he had an absolute ripper on the weekend and i only wish Gould was commenting. Would be hilarious to listen to him not acknowledge Gallen again. He was ripping in like a rejuvenated soul, offloading and setting up tries plus barging over with 3 or 4 on his back.
    Interestingly, i note Walters commentary in the Sharks game. Was an odd feeling hearing a Qlder compliment Gallen. Good for Walters.

    Someone has to do it, sail the Gallen boat, somehat of an apology from me haha, but it is just disappointing to be amongst such 'Leaguies' on a forum but with such prejudice running amok.

    Was an absolute pleasure taking down the roosters again.

    WD to the tigers, gave themselves a long shot next week. Awesome effort
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3307
    Reputation : 916
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Round 25

    Post by No Worries on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:02 pm

    Looks like Penrith & Tigers fans are having fun on wiki



    But it's already changed

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_James_(rugby_league)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Guest on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:09 pm

    Oz Sport Mad wrote:

    Fair point....but realistically Gallen is a cheap-shot merchant and low khunt himself; so he may have just been getting on the front foot for his next inevitable dog-act/charge.
    Have reviewed the tackle and still cant find a problem with it. This is rugby league not soft cock solitaire.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Guest on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:12 pm

    Honeysett wrote:Fuck Cam Smith.

    He's complaining about Milford throwing the ball into the offside player, QLD did the same fucking thing in Origin and he didn't say shit! Fuck I hate him.
    Fuck I laughed so hard when that happened. First that Milford did it and got away with it then Smithy blew up and smoke started coming out his ears. Classic.

    Oz Sport Mad

    Posts : 1069
    Reputation : 244
    Join date : 2015-09-28

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:14 pm

    Revraiser wrote:Haha @ Cam.

    Cant stand tackles like the cheap shot on Barba from Kane Evans, absolute disgrace that players do it and worse still that some fans ok it. Tiniest man in the game is already held up by two, going nowhere and held when Evans smashes him in the ribs for no reason at all. I dont care if it is in the rules, its a dog act.

    And a big @#&k you to anyone who still puts gallen on the pedestal as the grubbiest player. He was once grubby but has hardly been the same for years now. The worst stuff that goes on now is the head patting like Friend on Gallen this weekend, its a low act and more and more prevalent in todays game. Gallen reacting and dumping Friend on his ass is what he deserved.

    Whilst on Gallen, he had an absolute ripper on the weekend and i only wish Gould was commenting. Would be hilarious to listen to him not acknowledge Gallen again. He was ripping in like a rejuvenated soul, offloading and setting up tries plus barging over with 3 or 4 on his back.
    Interestingly, i note Walters commentary in the Sharks game. Was an odd feeling hearing a Qlder compliment Gallen. Good for Walters.

    Someone has to do it, sail the Gallen boat, somehat of an apology from me haha, but it is just disappointing to be amongst such 'Leaguies' on a forum but with such prejudice running amok.

    Was an absolute pleasure taking down the roosters again.

    WD to the tigers, gave themselves a long shot next week. Awesome effort

    Please....it is my god given right as a QLDer to bag the shit out of old fat guts at every opportunity (other than when he is wearing the green and gold).

    As for the Friend head patting...I was stoked to see fat guts react and dump him like that.
    It deadset happens all the time these days and I've often wondered how all these blokes don't react more after they have made a mistake and then have to put up with some smart arse rubbing it in.
    Refreshing to see someone react like that.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2056
    Reputation : 170
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Pieman on Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:33 pm

    I wish we went down the ice hockey path and let blokes fight one on one for a minute then sin bin them. Instead, we end up with head patting, mouthing off, pushing, holding jerseys, dog shots after someone has passed or kicked and tough looks on faces. I hate it.

    Its brilliant watching smith in that situation - he gets penalised and he is so fucking shocked, its great.
    QLD did the exact same fucking thing in origin and he didnt say it was against the spirit of the game then. Respect his talent and longevity - one of the all time greats - but the way he manipulates refs and the way the refs have bent over for him for most of his career - is just disgusting. I wish that refs marched anyone who questions a call or shows any dissent what so ever.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3307
    Reputation : 916
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Round 25

    Post by No Worries on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:17 pm

    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2056
    Reputation : 170
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Pieman on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 pm

    Jesus christ the knights fans are doing well to get to games.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 5286
    Reputation : 1543
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:05 pm


    Every year the crowd ladder looks like this, with the top drawing Sydney teams being the ones that play at ANZ. This happens every year regardless of where the teams finish on the table. Tigers and Souths will (likely) miss the finals this year but are 2nd and 4th respectively in Sydney crowds.

    Every year league fans still whinge about how people hate ANZ and love suburban grounds, yet fans still turn up to ANZ in big numbers
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 2056
    Reputation : 170
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Pieman on Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:34 pm

    Pretty funny how they harp on about how good the crowds at cronulla have been this year, yet they still only are 6th.

    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 3307
    Reputation : 916
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Round 25

    Post by No Worries on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:49 pm

    Milchcow wrote:
    Every year the crowd ladder looks like this, with the top drawing Sydney teams being the ones that play at ANZ. This happens every year regardless of where the teams finish on the table. Tigers and Souths will (likely) miss the finals this year but are 2nd and 4th respectively in Sydney crowds.

    Every year league fans still whinge about how people hate ANZ and love suburban grounds, yet fans still turn up to ANZ in big numbers

    There's only 2 Sydney teams with fair weather supporters and that's Manly & the Eels. They are the only ones who fluctuate massively on the ladder. Sure the rest go up and down depending on how they are going but not enough to call them fair weather.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1695
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 25

    Post by SI on Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:56 pm

    No Worries wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:
    Every year the crowd ladder looks like this, with the top drawing Sydney teams being the ones that play at ANZ. This happens every year regardless of where the teams finish on the table. Tigers and Souths will (likely) miss the finals this year but are 2nd and 4th respectively in Sydney crowds.

    Every year league fans still whinge about how people hate ANZ and love suburban grounds, yet fans still turn up to ANZ in big numbers

    There's only 2 Sydney teams with fair weather supporters and that's Manly & the Eels. They are the only ones who fluctuate massively on the ladder. Sure the rest go up and down depending on how they are going but not enough to call them fair weather.
    Eels have had some pretty good support over the last 4 or 5 years considering their form and issues.  Am I wrong in thinking they are some of the hardier fans?  I actually think our mob are more fickle.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2017
    Posts : 5286
    Reputation : 1543
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Milchcow on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:53 pm

    SI wrote:
    Eels have had some pretty good support over the last 4 or 5 years considering their form and issues.  Am I wrong in thinking they are some of the hardier fans?  I actually think our mob are more fickle.

    Tigers fans are normally 3rd or 4th for crowds out of Sydney teams. That's not bad for a team that rarely makes the finals.

    Of course when we have a good year crowds go up, but there is a nice solid base there. For crowds at Leichhardt (and Campbelltown to some extent) the bigger factors for a crowd are playing on a Sunday afternoon when it isn't raining, as much as current form our quality of opposition.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1695
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 25

    Post by SI on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:56 pm

    Milchcow wrote:
    SI wrote:
    Eels have had some pretty good support over the last 4 or 5 years considering their form and issues.  Am I wrong in thinking they are some of the hardier fans?  I actually think our mob are more fickle.

    Tigers fans are normally 3rd or 4th for crowds out of Sydney teams. That's not bad for a team that rarely makes the finals.

    Of course when we have a good year crowds go up, but there is a nice solid base there. For crowds at Leichhardt (and Campbelltown to some extent) the bigger factors for a crowd are playing on a Sunday afternoon when it isn't raining, as much as current form our quality of opposition.
    Yeah, fair call.
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5003
    Reputation : 1499
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:02 pm

    Are there actual figures? Then you can work out per capita which would be a more accurate ladder.

      Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:01 am