NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    Round 25

    Share
    avatar
    surmo13

    Posts : 888
    Reputation : 103
    Join date : 2015-10-22

    Re: Round 25

    Post by surmo13 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:25 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    nah, when a bloke is holding it out there in one hand loosely and someone knocks it out of his hand, it not a strip. Its a loose carry and zero ball security and therefore not a strip

    you're playing the ball when its in his possession. It's a strip and will blown as a penalty 100 times out of 100, If you think he's going to drop the ball so easily, knock his arm and he'll lose it by himself.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4635
    Reputation : 563
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Random on Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:57 pm

    Really pulling for the Titans to win this one, this is an almost must win game.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:07 pm

    @Random wrote:Really pulling for the Titans to win this one, this is an almost must win game.

    Yeah all QLD teams in the top 8 would be great.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4635
    Reputation : 563
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Random on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:08 pm

    ^ That would be great.

    Also this game has been awful from a technical standpoint but between what is on the line and the crowd. Like god damn I am invested in this match.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4635
    Reputation : 563
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Random on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:15 pm

    Didn't know Ryan James played soccer when he was younger.
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4635
    Reputation : 563
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Random on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:36 pm

    That game disappointed me so much... At least it means the Cows vs Titans match will be massive.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8823
    Reputation : 1472
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 25

    Post by SI on Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:55 pm

    ACL for Tauks apparently, bloke has been awesome the last couple of years and always gives his all, terrible stuff.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:06 pm

    @SI wrote:ACL for Tauks apparently, bloke has been awesome the last couple of years and always gives his all, terrible stuff.

    Don't wish that injury upon anyone. Damn. Bloke is just a beast and a joy to watch - when he is on, he is ON!
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8823
    Reputation : 1472
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 25

    Post by SI on Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:36 pm

    Fucking hate the wanker but great awareness by Ferguson to try to knock that field goal out, and he has been great as fullback since going back there again.
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 4867
    Reputation : 1431
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Milchcow on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:02 pm

    Bren wrote:

    Don't wish that injury upon anyone. Damn. Bloke is just a beast and a joy to watch - when he is on, he is ON!

    On the plus side, if you are going to do it, now is the best time. Towards the end of a season where he'll miss the finals. Gives him a whole off-season to get surgery and try and get himself right

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Guest on Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:13 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:

    On the plus side, if you are going to do it, now is the best time. Towards the end of a season where he'll miss the finals. Gives him a whole off-season to get surgery and try and get himself right
    He misses out on playing for NZ though.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2937
    Reputation : 761
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Round 25

    Post by No Worries on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:55 am

    How good is Ryan James going. Broke Tedesco's jaw and 2 weeks later breaks Reagan Campbell-Gillard's back. But there was nothing in it if the ref had have called held he wouldn't have been 3rd man Thaiday in and if the judiciary had of done its job Campbell-Gillard would have walked home.

    Not his go.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1773
    Reputation : 137
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 am

    @Milchcow wrote:

    On the plus side, if you are going to do it, now is the best time. Towards the end of a season where he'll miss the finals. Gives him a whole off-season to get surgery and try and get himself right

    These days most players are right to go by about 10 months after an ACL rupture - but even then they can take a whole season to get the confidence and footy strength back into their leg. It wouldnt surprise me if he misses most of next season, or at least half of it.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1773
    Reputation : 137
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 am

    @SI wrote:Fucking hate the wanker but great awareness by Ferguson to try to knock that field goal out, and he has been great as fullback since going back there again.

    Yeah he has been great.
    Still has a few lapses of concentration in him but he has been really really good there. Will be interesting to see what they do with him and Mitchell next year. Mitchell is prob the sides best ball runner yet he doesnt get much good ball from the wing.

    Also, why the fuck did they sign Keary? Watson is better than him and prob costs 1/10 of the price tag.
    Im guessing next year Keary starts at 6 with Watson at 14.

    Matterson and Hastings finding new homes. Would happily take either at newcastle at the right price
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1773
    Reputation : 137
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:34 am

    @surmo13 wrote:

    you're playing the ball when its in his possession. It's a strip and will blown as a penalty 100 times out of 100, If you think he's going to drop the ball so easily, knock his arm and he'll lose it by himself.

    That is actually what happened, he had lost it then the ref penalised them.
    IMO the ball carrier needs to have some control over the ball and if a slap can knock the ball out he deserves to lose it - Loose carry.
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1773
    Reputation : 137
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:59 am

    @No Worries wrote:How good is Ryan James going. Broke Tedesco's jaw and 2 weeks later breaks Reagan Campbell-Gillard's back.  But there was nothing in it if the ref had have called held he wouldn't have been 3rd man Thaiday in and if the judiciary had of done its job Campbell-Gillard would have walked home.

    Not his go.

    There was nothing what so ever in the RCG tackle

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Guest on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:39 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    There was nothing what so ever in the RCG tackle
    Nothing in the Barba one either.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 8823
    Reputation : 1472
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: Round 25

    Post by SI on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:00 pm

    For all the errors and shit reffing that was one of the most exciting halves of footy I've sen in a while.
    avatar
    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2937
    Reputation : 761
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: Round 25

    Post by No Worries on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:56 pm

    @Pieman wrote:

    There was nothing what so ever in the RCG tackle

    Or the Tedesco one
    avatar
    Pieman

    Posts : 1773
    Reputation : 137
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: Round 25

    Post by Pieman on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:36 pm

    @No Worries wrote:

    Or the Tedesco one

    except it was high?

      Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:02 am