NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 25

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Round 25 Empty Round 25

Post by No Worries Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Bring back the boot toss. Haven't seen a good boot toss in ages. Loved it !!
    Dip

Round 25 Empty Re: Round 25

Post by Dip Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:30 pm

4 in a rowincluding the last 2 against top 4 teams. We're back. Go Titans next week.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:58 pm

Klein and Badger should be dropped to under 6's for that effort, it deadset looked like they'd forgotten the rules & then made their own rules up as they went along. would've been a better reffed game if they'd had no refs out there and told the players to self-police it.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:55 am

surmo13 wrote:Klein and Badger should be dropped to under 6's for that effort, it deadset looked like they'd forgotten the rules & then made their own rules up as they went along. would've been a better reffed game if they'd had no refs out there and told the players to self-police it.
    But then Cam Smith would have been a whiney old fuck and whinged about everything.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:25 am

both sides and the bronco's in particular were offside so much, especially at the start of the game. Fuck me dead it was bad. Cant believe how they were allowed to get away with it.

The strip call with adam blair was fucking disgusting. For starters he had already lost the ball, second if he is going to hold it out there in one hand like that - he deserves to lose it. Fucking disgusting call.

The pass from milf to kafusi's back - as shit of a rule as it is - he was laying right near the ruck so fair play I guess. I want the NRL to bring in a "not in the spirit of the game" rule tho - because stuff like that certainly isnt.
    Loved seeing Smith marched. The thing that annoyed me the most was after he was marched, he KEPT going on with it. The ref should have marched him again or binned him.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:43 am

Pieman wrote:both sides and the bronco's in particular were offside so much, especially at the start of the game. Fuck me dead it was bad. Cant believe how they were allowed to get away with it.

The strip call with adam blair was fucking disgusting. For starters he had already lost the ball, second if he is going to hold it out there in one hand like that - he deserves to lose it. Fucking disgusting call.

The pass from milf to kafusi's back - as shit of a rule as it is - he was laying right near the ruck so fair play I guess. I want the NRL to bring in a "not in the spirit of the game" rule tho - because stuff like that certainly isnt.
    Loved seeing Smith marched. The thing that annoyed me the most was after he was marched, he KEPT going on with it. The ref should have marched him again or binned him.
    Yep, was waiting for him to get marched again.  Are they allowed to march them twice though?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:03 am

SI wrote:
    Yep, was waiting for him to get marched again.  Are they allowed to march them twice though?
    You would think that after a bloke is pinged once for dissent and he keeps going on with it, next up would be a sin bin.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:08 am

Pieman wrote:
    You would think that after a bloke is pinged once for dissent and he keeps going on with it, next up would be a sin bin.
    Has Smith ever been sin binned? I would be very surprised if he has.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:23 am

Bren wrote:
    Has Smith ever been sin binned? I would be very surprised if he has.
    I would be surprised if he has been marched 10 before last night

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:55 am

Pieman wrote:The strip call with adam blair was fucking disgusting. For starters he had already lost the ball, second if he is going to hold it out there in one hand like that - he deserves to lose it. Fucking disgusting call.

I'd prefer the strip rule being taken out completely, but in a scenario where he hadn't lost the ball before it happenned, i think that's the right call, you can't just be allowed to strip because of the way someone is carrying the ball, I understand ruling loose carry on players losing the ball in a tackle, but if a player strikes at the ball someone is carrying in a multi-man tackle and dislodges it, that's a penalty every single time and rightly so, if he hadn't tried that stupid shit, the fact that Blair dropped it cold beforehand would've been obvious to those imcompetant refs, but the refs saw someone striking out at the ball and it being dislodged, put 2 + 2 and got 5.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:53 pm

I think if someone is holding it out in one hand and waving it around like that, a defender should have every right to slap at the ball. There just has to be an onus on the attack to hold onto the fucking thing IMO and waving it around it like is more putting the onus on the defenders to not knock it out.

He has to has SOME fucking control over it imo and if the slightest slap on the ball can knock it out, then IMO it should be fair game no matter how many are in the tackle.

Also, IMO - Kahu CLEARLY knocked it on
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:01 pm

Pieman wrote:I think if someone is holding it out in one hand and waving it around like that, a defender should have every right to slap at the ball. There just has to be an onus on the attack to hold onto the fucking thing IMO and waving it around it like is more putting the onus on the defenders to not knock it out.

He has to has SOME fucking control over it imo and if the slightest slap on the ball can knock it out, then IMO it should be fair game no matter how many are in the tackle.

I agree you should be able to knock the ball out if they're waving it around like that. Unfortunately that's not what the rule says, so it was hardly a terrible call.

Are you talking about the Arrow try for the Kahu knock on? If so you need your eyes checked. He dropped it on or just over the 20m line and it bounced almost a metre before the line so it had to go backwards.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:07 pm

Dip wrote:

I agree you should be able to knock the ball out if they're waving it around like that. Unfortunately that's not what the rule says, so it was hardly a terrible call.

Are you talking about the Arrow try for the Kahu knock on? If so you need your eyes checked. He dropped it on or just over the 20m line and it bounced almost a metre before the line so it had to go backwards.

It was a howler because he had dropped it then the defender knocked it. He had already lost the ball so it wasnt a strip.

Yeh the kahu one, he touches it one one side of the line and then it lands behind the line so play on. Just looked bad from the angle he was at.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Pieman wrote:

It was a howler because he had dropped it then the defender knocked it. He had already lost the ball so it wasnt a strip.

Yeh the kahu one, he touches it one one side of the line and then it lands behind the line so play on. Just looked bad from the angle he was at.

Oh I agree he dropped it, but I must admit I only noticed that on replay, and at first it looked like it was slapped out.

Heaps of bad calls last night both ways. Milf passing the ball into the Melbourne player should have been play on IMO. I'd hate to see that become the norm. Also Boyd was pushed in goal on a second tackle that is always penalised. It certainly was in in the first half when we were penalised after Koribete had already forced the ball on the line. Milf getting tackled about 3 times after his line break is always a penalty. Lucky we scored of the next play though. All in all a 10 point difference was probably about right.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Dip wrote:

Oh I agree he dropped it, but I must admit I only noticed that on replay, and at first it looked like it was slapped out.

Heaps of bad calls last night both ways. Milf passing the ball into the Melbourne player should have been play on IMO. I'd hate to see that become the norm. Also Boyd was pushed in goal on a second tackle that is always penalised. It certainly was in in the first half when we were penalised after Koribete had already forced the ball on the line. Milf getting tackled about 3 times after his line break is always a penalty. Lucky we scored of the next play though. All in all a 10 point difference was probably about right.
    yeah all sport on, some of the calls were bizarre - like u mention, the boyd being pushed back into the in-goal, the milf ones. Very odd in a big game like that.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Pieman wrote:I think if someone is holding it out in one hand and waving it around like that, a defender should have every right to slap at the ball. There just has to be an onus on the attack to hold onto the fucking thing IMO and waving it around it like is more putting the onus on the defenders to not knock it out.

the rule is that you can't play at a ball in possession in a multi-man tackle, you can't just stop enforcing the rule because you don't like the way someone is holding it, if it really is a loose carry, just hit him and he'll drop it, like they did, but then that idiot took a swipe at the ball and the refs saw what they saw.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:52 pm

What is the difference between hitting it with your shoulder and him losing it and hitting it with your hand? If there is enough force and if the carry is weak enough either will dislodge it - why does it matter if you do it with your hand/shoulder/knee/dick/eyeball?

If you have it in one hand, and it is knocked out easily - then its the carriers fault IMO.
    You cant fucking invite blokes to play at it by holding it out softly like that in one hand and then get a penalty because someone decides to simply pick it up out of your hand. You shouldnt be able to anyway.

I dont think any actual rugby league fan would happily accept that you can carry it like that and the defenders dont have a right to knock it out of your hand.

(In this case, he had already lost the ball anyway by the time the defenders grabbed it)
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:09 pm

SI wrote:

You can get marched twice in park footy. Or at least you could 20 years ago.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:18 pm

Pieman wrote:What is the difference between hitting it with your shoulder and him losing it and hitting it with your hand? If there is enough force and if the carry is weak enough either will dislodge it - why does it matter if you do it with your hand/shoulder/knee/dick/eyeball?

If you have it in one hand, and it is knocked out easily - then its the carriers fault IMO.
    You cant fucking invite blokes to play at it by holding it out softly like that in one hand and then get a penalty because someone decides to simply pick it up out of your hand. You shouldnt be able to anyway.

I dont think any actual rugby league fan would happily accept that you can carry it like that and the defenders dont have a right to knock it out of your hand.

(In this case, he had already lost the ball anyway by the time the defenders grabbed it)

the difference is that hitting the ball with your hand is a strip, always has been, always will be and it's a penalty in a multi-man tackle, end of story.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:19 pm

surmo13 wrote:

the difference is that hitting the ball with your hand is a strip, always has been, always will be and it's a penalty in a multi-man tackle, end of story.

nah, when a bloke is holding it out there in one hand loosely and someone knocks it out of his hand, it not a strip. Its a loose carry and zero ball security and therefore not a strip