NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

charliemurphy
    charliemurphy

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

Post by charliemurphy Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:52 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Gillett would be a good replacement for Hoffman who is over the hill & offers nothing imo.

Agreed, but how quickly are they gonna dump the captain?

My concern is Bodene is on the outer or looking to move back to AU. Him and Johnson really found a groove this season and with the possibility of Foran being there/RTS/Luke returning we'd have the international squad not making club finals Laugh 3 Laugh 3 Laugh 3
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49 - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:04 pm

bluetige wrote:Just been thinking (and now I got a headache), to keep people interested and make them play for longer during the season we should be given more trades, BUT, before I get shouted down the thing to compensate would be to lower the magic number so an ideal team would take longer to put together so everyone didn't have the same team by round 18-20.

Just an idea

To be honest, you could give me 25 extra trades to use this week and it wouldn't make much difference. I am not going to be able to significantly increase my rank.

I think that changes to the pricing formula would be beneficial. The fact that people have final team values of 150% of their initial team value is too big a change over the course of the season. I like the premier league pricing model, where price changes are a lot more gradual, and you only get half of any profits when you sell.
    I also like their system of 1 free trade a week, and paying a points penalty to make additional transfers (although the prevalence of people playing H2H comps with overall teams means paying points for extra transfers is not a viable option)

That sort of stuff is a very radical change, so I don't know how it would go down. Fox sports used to run a comp using the premierleague system as a base, but can't have been popular enough because they abandoned it a few years ago (although I personally preferred it to DreamTeam or Supercoach)

No matter what changes you make though, you will never be able to stop interest from dropping off near the end of the season as casual players and those who can't win anything just stop caring
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:10 pm

In reality I don't think Gillett would link up with the Warriors but he's the kind of player we need. The Warriors problem area is inconsistency in the forwards. So I would say Gillett & another experienced hardened prop. If Bodene is off & say we fluke Gillett then a back row of Gillett, Matulino & Mannering would be awesome. Then they sign another quality prop to start with Lillyman & you have Vete, Lisone, Afoa coming off the bench.
    Chicks Dig It
    Chicks Dig It

Post by Chicks Dig It Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 pm

Hot Damn i still have 4 trades left!!!!!! Beer

Ranked 596 with 115k left, what do you guys reckon i can do to improve given they are basically free trades now?

Smith, McCullough
    Fifita, Gallen, Graham, JTurbo
    Mannering, Merrin, De Belin, Cartwright, Burgess, NPR
    Hunt, Cleary, Cherry Evans, NPR
    Leilua, Aitken, NPR, NPR
    Gutherson, Barba, Munster, Tedesco, NPR

Can go Tedesco to Walker or Hayne ?
    JTurbo to RJames?
    Get SJ in ?
    Too many effin options! lol
    sets
    sets

Post by sets Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:21 pm

charliemurphy wrote:Would it be wrong to finish the year with 1 trade?

Yes, I'm wondering why you didn't sell it?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Chicks Dig It wrote:Hot Damn i still have 4 trades left!!!!!! Beer

Ranked 596 with 115k left, what do you guys reckon i can do to improve given they are basically free trades now?

Smith, McCullough
    Leilua, Aitken, NPR, NPR

JTurbo to RJames?
    Get SJ in ?

First of all that's one ripping team bro. I reckon get C. Walker (v Knights away) via Tedesco. Also get R. James as well. You suggested selling J-Trbo but I reckon you should sell Gallen. Good luck.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Milchcow wrote:

To be honest, you could give me 25 extra trades to use this week and it wouldn't make much difference. I am not going to be able to significantly increase my rank.

I think that changes to the pricing formula would be beneficial. The fact that people have final team values of 150% of their initial team value is too big a change over the course of the season. I like the premier league pricing model, where price changes are a lot more gradual, and you only get half of any profits when you sell.
    I also like their system of 1 free trade a week, and paying a points penalty to make additional transfers (although the prevalence of people playing H2H comps with overall teams means paying points for extra transfers is not a viable option)

That sort of stuff is a very radical change, so I don't know how it would go down. Fox sports used to run a comp using the premierleague system as a base, but can't have been popular enough because they abandoned it a few years ago (although I personally preferred it to DreamTeam or Supercoach)

No matter what changes you make though, you will never be able to stop interest from dropping off near the end of the season as casual players and those who can't win anything just stop caring

The one thing I'd like to see them steal off premier league fantasy is the wildcard.
    Make as many changes/trades as you want for one round at any stage in the season.
    Right before origin? Right after origin? Your call... but you only get it once.

I love the idea of that for NRL fantasy.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Chicks Dig It wrote:Hot Damn i still have 4 trades left!!!!!! Beer

Smith, McCullough
    Leilua, Aitken, NPR, NPR

JTurbo to RJames?
    Get SJ in ?

1. Teddy to Walker
    2. Jturbo to RJames
    Gallen as 18th man
    3. Gutherson or Barba to Hayne
    4. Whoever you think will score high in Round 26
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:20 pm

White Lightning wrote:In reality I don't think Gillett would link up with the Warriors but he's the kind of player we need. The Warriors problem area is inconsistency in the forwards. So I would say Gillett & another experienced hardened prop. If Bodene is off & say we fluke Gillett then a back row of Gillett, Matulino & Mannering would be awesome. Then they sign another quality prop to start with Lillyman & you have Vete, Lisone, Afoa coming off the bench.

There is an article on stuff.co.nz where mcfadden basically says that gillet is talking shit
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:07 pm

Aubussen is out of Saturday's game with bruised ribs.
    TBO

Post by TBO Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:33 pm

2 Trades left, $28,000 cash playing CK this week in h2h:

Smith NPR
    Graham Fifita Jtrbo NPR
    Mannering Whitehead James Thompson Merrin NPR
    SJ Cleary Cartwright Watson
    BJ Guth NPR NPR
    Mansour Aitken Ttrbo NPR NPR

What trades should I make this week??????

Here is the interesting thing, I only have 18 active players so if I cashed out anyone for an NPR and upgraded another player, I would have exactly 17 active players which means I could do a loophole. But this would be at last resort.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:50 pm

TBO wrote:2 Trades left, $28,000 cash playing CK this week in h2h:

Smith NPR
    Graham Fifita Jtrbo NPR
    Mannering Whitehead James Thompson Merrin NPR
    SJ Cleary Cartwright Watson
    BJ Guth NPR NPR
    Mansour Aitken Ttrbo NPR NPR

What trades should I make this week??????

Here is the interesting thing, I only have 18 active players so if I cashed out anyone for an NPR and upgraded another player, I would have exactly 17 active players which means I could do a loophole.  But this would be at last resort.
    I'd be tempted to trade for the loophole.  Easy to say though when it's not me doing it.  If not I'd try to bring Munster in-bloke only needs to get on the field to score 50-there's another 90 odd coming if he scores a meaty or 2.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Can someone else check the the Ex-Sportal League on the app. The scores are showing up incorrectly, as in a massive difference.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:00 pm

Bren wrote:Can someone else check the the Ex-Sportal League on the app. The scores are showing up incorrectly, as in a massive difference.

Both groups have scores showing up fine on the website. Don't use the app so wouldn't know.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Random wrote:

Both groups have scores showing up fine on the website. Don't use the app so wouldn't know.
    App is showing rd 23 scores on mine not round 24. Good thing I checked the website as I had Archer eliminated in the Eliminator. Would have been massive calls of conspiracy and lots of explaining to do thanks to the NRL Fantasy app.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:52 pm

None of my 17 playing tonight and only Mr Smith playing tomorrow night...

Slow start to the H2H this weekend

Cue drop in rankings
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:05 pm

U FUCKIN WOT M8!!!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:17 pm

Archer wrote:U FUCKIN WOT M8!!!
    I first checked last weeks scores on the app and used the scores from the Ex-Sportal League for the Eliminator results. At that time they were showing round 23 scores and not round 24. I firstly noticed something was up when I scrolled past my score and noticed it was different to what I actually scored, I then recalled you said you won your eliminator easily so knew something was wrong. I hope that makes sense...
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Haha yeah its all good, was just looking for an opportunity to get my Welsh on with that saying after hearing the Austin news this morning Bang
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:26 pm

In other news, chickened out on my captain call this week. Went away from (C)am last week in favour of JDB but I just can't see Smith being a bad option when he is playing the Broncos. Not enough incentive to go elsewhere. I was tempted by Graham against the Cows or Merrin against Titans though as they could both be good arm wrestles.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 pm