NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Share
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7965
    Reputation : 1180
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by SI on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:11 pm

    Bren wrote:
    @Random wrote:

    Naa mate, always slows down near seasons end as people run out of trades and decisions to make.

    The off seasons are cold harsh winters.
    Dogs12 will be back to start a trade game soon.
    Haha, yeah.

    Same with the FB pages Chewie, the 2nd biggest one Weapons actually just called last drinks unfortunately (Andy and Melville anyway).  They will fire up again next year I reckon.
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 693
    Reputation : 174
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by code delta on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:47 pm

    @sets wrote:

    Funny tho because i was trading out 2 injured or suspended players for the first 10 weeks of this season. Brutal start. Couldnt really recover

    Same here. The only minor upside was by the time I had a chance to trade out Cody Walker he got selected again. Saved a trade and I find it hard to believe he's score so well since.
    Think I'll keep him in my starting side next year.
    avatar
    filthridden

    Posts : 2778
    Reputation : 595
    Join date : 2015-09-27

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by filthridden on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 pm

    Bren wrote:
    Dogs12 will be back to start a trade game soon.

    fucken hell. Sad

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by Guest on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:28 pm

    @filthridden wrote:

    fucken hell. Sad

    lol!
    avatar
    sets

    Posts : 491
    Reputation : 165
    Join date : 2016-01-27
    Location : 2014 Rank 900's / 2015 Rank 1600's / 2016 Rank 1500's

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by sets on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:49 pm

    Can we talk betting?
    Cowboys odds to beat bulldogs is a dream.

    you want 50% return on your money after 2 hours, go cowboys +3.5

    Its free money. Put your hand out, its yours
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7965
    Reputation : 1180
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by SI on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:04 pm

    @sets wrote:Can we talk betting?
    Cowboys odds to beat bulldogs is a dream.

    you want 50% return on your money after 2 hours, go cowboys +3.5

    Its free money. Put your hand out, its yours
    There's a betting thread the boys hit pretty hard earlier in the year, but feel free to post in here mate.  The betting thread will get some traffic again next year.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 2281
    Reputation : 246
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 32
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by wolfking on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:36 pm

    @Random wrote:

    Naa mate, always slows down near seasons end as people run out of trades and decisions to make.

    The off seasons are cold harsh winters.

    This is the thing I find really strange regarding fantasy, even though it's totally natural. You spend 5 months of the year putting so much focus and time into the game yet every year by the last couple of rounds, it just naturally trails off as the game comes to an end. Even my work league, so much shit talk but now overall rankings between everyone won't change, it just kind of falls by the way side as everyone start talking about finals. Even the head to head at work, everyone is kind of over. As I said the games coming to an end, so its natural, just weird everyone takes it so seriously through the year only to not really give too much of a shit by this stage.

    I guess by this stage teams are so similar, it's hard to make a real competition out of it to regarding head to head.
    avatar
    Clack Bocks

    Posts : 397
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2015-09-26

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by Clack Bocks on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:40 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    This is the thing I find really strange regarding fantasy, even though it's totally natural.  You spend 5 months of the year putting so much focus and time into the game yet every year by the last couple of rounds, it just naturally trails off as the game comes to an end.  Even my work league, so much shit talk but now overall rankings between everyone won't change, it just kind of falls by the way side as everyone start talking about finals.  Even the head to head at work, everyone is kind of over.  As I said the games coming to an end, so its natural, just weird everyone takes it so seriously through the year only to not really give too much of a shit by this stage.

    I guess by this stage teams are so similar, it's hard to make a real competition out of it to regarding head to head.

    Or the depression that comes with having your worst season in years...
    avatar
    DarkKnight

    Posts : 315
    Reputation : 84
    Join date : 2015-10-02
    Age : 28

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by DarkKnight on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:32 pm

    Sterlo's interview with Andrew Denton, outstanding Clap
    avatar
    lloosemcgoose

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2016-06-21

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by lloosemcgoose on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:27 pm

    @wolfking wrote:

    This is the thing I find really strange regarding fantasy, even though it's totally natural.  You spend 5 months of the year putting so much focus and time into the game yet every year by the last couple of rounds, it just naturally trails off as the game comes to an end.  Even my work league, so much shit talk but now overall rankings between everyone won't change, it just kind of falls by the way side as everyone start talking about finals.  Even the head to head at work, everyone is kind of over.  As I said the games coming to an end, so its natural, just weird everyone takes it so seriously through the year only to not really give too much of a shit by this stage.

    I guess by this stage teams are so similar, it's hard to make a real competition out of it to regarding head to head.

    I think there's just so little to decide and for many there's not much to be gained

    I on the other hand have found the end of the season to be fairly stressful
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2025
    Reputation : 554
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by Chewie on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:34 pm

    @lloosemcgoose wrote:

    I think there's just so little to decide and for many there's not much to be gained

    I on the other hand have found the end of the season to be fairly stressful

    I can imagine

    Being in the top 5 you'll be following every game closely, hoping that your PODs pump out some big scores.

    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2025
    Reputation : 554
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by Chewie on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:37 pm

    I won the minor premiership at work

    Facing of in the semifinals this week against last year's grand final winner... It's going to be a flip of the coin

    Hopefully the Force will be stronger in my team
    avatar
    lloosemcgoose

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2016-06-21

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by lloosemcgoose on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:38 pm

    5th to 4th this week, but the last weeks havn't been kind with crocker going well and rapana failing meaning those top 2 are looking pretty far away(3rd still in reach).

    So have to go a bit left field this week to try and find 60-100 on them so i can have a crack at the biccies next round; options i'm considering

    a) Captain Bodene- top 2 don't have him, for me the biggest problem is trying to get the C different from the top lads, bodene guarantees this with the VC on munster/leliua/rapana/smith i could bench him for no real cost if my VC goes huge (say he goes massive, it won't matter as they haven't can't play him)

    b) VC on smith/BJ/munster/rapana with the C on burgess (could be a risk of beeing captained by others though). Could go massive against the knights. and if the VC goes huge i could drop him to create an extra POD

    c) dropping cartwright/johnson/bromwich for  hodgson  = i'll be doing one just have to decide who to creeate an xtra POD

    d) dropping aitken/munster for gutherson

    ee) pray to the fantasy gods that my pods have their weetbix this weeek

    thoughts?


    Last edited by lloosemcgoose on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Chewie

    Posts : 2025
    Reputation : 554
    Join date : 2016-02-02
    Location : Millennium Falcon

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by Chewie on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:39 pm

    Tomorrow I'll be deciding who my captain is going to be
    avatar
    DarkKnight

    Posts : 315
    Reputation : 84
    Join date : 2015-10-02
    Age : 28

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by DarkKnight on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:41 am

    @lloosemcgoose wrote:5th to 4th this week, but the last weeks havn't been kind with crocker going well and rapana failing meaning those top 2 are looking pretty far away(3rd still in reach).

    So have to go a bit left field this week to try and find 60-100 on them so i can have a crack at the biccies next round; options i'm considering

    a) Captain Bodene- top 2 don't have him, for me the biggest problem is trying to get the C different from the top lads, bodene guarantees this with the VC on munster/leliua/rapana/smith i could bench him for no real cost if my VC goes huge (say he goes massive, it won't matter as they haven't can't play him)

    b) VC on smith/BJ/munster/rapana with the C on burgess (could be a risk of beeing captained by others though). Could go massive against the knights. and if the VC goes huge i could drop him to create an extra POD

    c) dropping cartwright/johnson/bromwich for  hodgson  = i'll be doing one just have to decide who to creeate an xtra POD

    d) dropping aitken/munster for gutherson

    ee) pray to the fantasy gods that my pods have their weetbix this weeek

    thoughts?

    Seems like your best bet and biggest chance of making up ground is Bodene. He is up against his former club as well. That is who I would go with if I was you.
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 3461
    Reputation : 643
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by Archer on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:33 am

    I swear to god @lloosemcgoose, every time it's posted it I've bit my tongue because I can't tell if its baiting someone like me, but If i see "Crocker" one more time I'm going to go full Kasiano on the guy/gal that says it.

    PS: I'm cheering you home in that finish mate. Hope you get it though if you don't its definitely a season to be proud of regardless.

    Oh and yeah, I'd probably pick the first option, though you've gotten this far on your gut so you know what they say...
    avatar
    lloosemcgoose

    Posts : 135
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2016-06-21

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by lloosemcgoose on Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:42 am

    @Archer wrote:I swear to god @lloosemcgoose, every time it's posted it I've bit my tongue because I can't tell if its baiting someone like me, but If i see "Crocker" one more time I'm going to go full Kasiano on the guy/gal that says it.

    PS: I'm cheering you home in that finish mate. Hope you get it though if you don't its definitely a season to be proud of regardless.

    Oh and yeah, I'd probably pick the first option, though you've gotten this far on your gut so you know what they say...


    ha right, hadn't even noticed-I've probably been doing it for weeks

    well I've got a day to make up my mind, but i agree I think bodene is where im leaning towards on a logical standpoint
    avatar
    WT Winfield

    Posts : 273
    Reputation : 95
    Join date : 2016-08-21

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by WT Winfield on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:27 am

    A bit of a dilemma whether to use my final 2 trades this week or next. H2H only, so based on my opponent playing JRob and Wright, both of which I have and planned to bench, I'll probably save the trades and reverse Gallen to Fifita and Teddy to Gagai and run with:

    (C)am
    Tolman, JBrom, JTrb
    Manners, Bellend, Harris, Cartwright, WGraham
    Hunt, Cleary, Milford
    Aitken, JRob or Opacic
    Munster, Barba, Wright

    NPR: Gallen, De Gois, Teddy, nupties.

    Gallen or someone to Fifita next week when I can be more certain that he doesn't do some fucking dumb shit.

    As for McGoosey's scenario, congrats on the rank btw, I don't mind Option C - dropping SJ or JBrom for Hodgson. Both have been pretty underwhelming lately, JBrom more so.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7965
    Reputation : 1180
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by SI on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:55 am

    @DarkKnight wrote:Sterlo's interview with Andrew Denton, outstanding Clap
    Indeed, that is passion for The Greatest Game Of All.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7965
    Reputation : 1180
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

    Post by SI on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:58 am

    My 2 cents is agreeing with everything said about the POD C choice as well Goose.  If you can't win by playing conservative then don't play conservative.  If Bodene fails you will be deadset fucking pissed, but at least you had a crack.  If you play conservative now you may as well just get fucking pissed off now anyway, so take the risk, and good luck  Very Happy

      Current date/time is Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 pm