NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:11 pm

Bren wrote:
    Random wrote:

Naa mate, always slows down near seasons end as people run out of trades and decisions to make.

The off seasons are cold harsh winters.
    Dogs12 will be back to start a trade game soon.
    Haha, yeah.

Same with the FB pages Chewie, the 2nd biggest one Weapons actually just called last drinks unfortunately (Andy and Melville anyway).  They will fire up again next year I reckon.
    code delta
    code delta

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49 - Page 3 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 49

Post by code delta Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:47 pm

sets wrote:

Funny tho because i was trading out 2 injured or suspended players for the first 10 weeks of this season. Brutal start. Couldnt really recover

Same here. The only minor upside was by the time I had a chance to trade out Cody Walker he got selected again. Saved a trade and I find it hard to believe he's score so well since.
    Think I'll keep him in my starting side next year.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 pm

Bren wrote:
    Dogs12 will be back to start a trade game soon.

fucken hell. Sad

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:28 pm

filthridden wrote:

fucken hell. Sad

lol!
    sets
    sets

Post by sets Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:49 pm

Can we talk betting?
    Cowboys odds to beat bulldogs is a dream.

you want 50% return on your money after 2 hours, go cowboys +3.5

Its free money. Put your hand out, its yours
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:04 pm

sets wrote:Can we talk betting?
    Cowboys odds to beat bulldogs is a dream.

you want 50% return on your money after 2 hours, go cowboys +3.5

Its free money. Put your hand out, its yours
    There's a betting thread the boys hit pretty hard earlier in the year, but feel free to post in here mate.  The betting thread will get some traffic again next year.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Random wrote:

Naa mate, always slows down near seasons end as people run out of trades and decisions to make.

The off seasons are cold harsh winters.

This is the thing I find really strange regarding fantasy, even though it's totally natural. You spend 5 months of the year putting so much focus and time into the game yet every year by the last couple of rounds, it just naturally trails off as the game comes to an end. Even my work league, so much shit talk but now overall rankings between everyone won't change, it just kind of falls by the way side as everyone start talking about finals. Even the head to head at work, everyone is kind of over. As I said the games coming to an end, so its natural, just weird everyone takes it so seriously through the year only to not really give too much of a shit by this stage.

I guess by this stage teams are so similar, it's hard to make a real competition out of it to regarding head to head.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:40 pm

wolfking wrote:

This is the thing I find really strange regarding fantasy, even though it's totally natural.  You spend 5 months of the year putting so much focus and time into the game yet every year by the last couple of rounds, it just naturally trails off as the game comes to an end.  Even my work league, so much shit talk but now overall rankings between everyone won't change, it just kind of falls by the way side as everyone start talking about finals.  Even the head to head at work, everyone is kind of over.  As I said the games coming to an end, so its natural, just weird everyone takes it so seriously through the year only to not really give too much of a shit by this stage.

I guess by this stage teams are so similar, it's hard to make a real competition out of it to regarding head to head.

Or the depression that comes with having your worst season in years...
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Sterlo's interview with Andrew Denton, outstanding Clap
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:27 pm

wolfking wrote:

This is the thing I find really strange regarding fantasy, even though it's totally natural.  You spend 5 months of the year putting so much focus and time into the game yet every year by the last couple of rounds, it just naturally trails off as the game comes to an end.  Even my work league, so much shit talk but now overall rankings between everyone won't change, it just kind of falls by the way side as everyone start talking about finals.  Even the head to head at work, everyone is kind of over.  As I said the games coming to an end, so its natural, just weird everyone takes it so seriously through the year only to not really give too much of a shit by this stage.

I think there's just so little to decide and for many there's not much to be gained

I on the other hand have found the end of the season to be fairly stressful
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:34 pm

lloosemcgoose wrote:

I think there's just so little to decide and for many there's not much to be gained

I on the other hand have found the end of the season to be fairly stressful

I can imagine

Being in the top 5 you'll be following every game closely, hoping that your PODs pump out some big scores.

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:37 pm

I won the minor premiership at work

Facing of in the semifinals this week against last year's grand final winner... It's going to be a flip of the coin

Hopefully the Force will be stronger in my team
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:38 pm

5th to 4th this week, but the last weeks havn't been kind with crocker going well and rapana failing meaning those top 2 are looking pretty far away(3rd still in reach).

So have to go a bit left field this week to try and find 60-100 on them so i can have a crack at the biccies next round; options i'm considering

a) Captain Bodene- top 2 don't have him, for me the biggest problem is trying to get the C different from the top lads, bodene guarantees this with the VC on munster/leliua/rapana/smith i could bench him for no real cost if my VC goes huge (say he goes massive, it won't matter as they haven't can't play him)

b) VC on smith/BJ/munster/rapana with the C on burgess (could be a risk of beeing captained by others though). Could go massive against the knights. and if the VC goes huge i could drop him to create an extra POD

c) dropping cartwright/johnson/bromwich for  hodgson  = i'll be doing one just have to decide who to creeate an xtra POD

d) dropping aitken/munster for gutherson

ee) pray to the fantasy gods that my pods have their weetbix this weeek

thoughts?

Last edited by lloosemcgoose on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:39 pm

Tomorrow I'll be deciding who my captain is going to be
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:41 am

lloosemcgoose wrote:5th to 4th this week, but the last weeks havn't been kind with crocker going well and rapana failing meaning those top 2 are looking pretty far away(3rd still in reach).

So have to go a bit left field this week to try and find 60-100 on them so i can have a crack at the biccies next round; options i'm considering

a) Captain Bodene- top 2 don't have him, for me the biggest problem is trying to get the C different from the top lads, bodene guarantees this with the VC on munster/leliua/rapana/smith i could bench him for no real cost if my VC goes huge (say he goes massive, it won't matter as they haven't can't play him)

b) VC on smith/BJ/munster/rapana with the C on burgess (could be a risk of beeing captained by others though). Could go massive against the knights. and if the VC goes huge i could drop him to create an extra POD

c) dropping cartwright/johnson/bromwich for  hodgson  = i'll be doing one just have to decide who to creeate an xtra POD

d) dropping aitken/munster for gutherson

ee) pray to the fantasy gods that my pods have their weetbix this weeek

thoughts?

Seems like your best bet and biggest chance of making up ground is Bodene. He is up against his former club as well. That is who I would go with if I was you.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:33 am

I swear to god @lloosemcgoose, every time it's posted it I've bit my tongue because I can't tell if its baiting someone like me, but If i see "Crocker" one more time I'm going to go full Kasiano on the guy/gal that says it.

PS: I'm cheering you home in that finish mate. Hope you get it though if you don't its definitely a season to be proud of regardless.

Oh and yeah, I'd probably pick the first option, though you've gotten this far on your gut so you know what they say...
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:42 am

Archer wrote:I swear to god @lloosemcgoose, every time it's posted it I've bit my tongue because I can't tell if its baiting someone like me, but If i see "Crocker" one more time I'm going to go full Kasiano on the guy/gal that says it.

PS: I'm cheering you home in that finish mate. Hope you get it though if you don't its definitely a season to be proud of regardless.

Oh and yeah, I'd probably pick the first option, though you've gotten this far on your gut so you know what they say...

ha right, hadn't even noticed-I've probably been doing it for weeks

well I've got a day to make up my mind, but i agree I think bodene is where im leaning towards on a logical standpoint
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:27 am

A bit of a dilemma whether to use my final 2 trades this week or next. H2H only, so based on my opponent playing JRob and Wright, both of which I have and planned to bench, I'll probably save the trades and reverse Gallen to Fifita and Teddy to Gagai and run with:

(C)am
    Tolman, JBrom, JTrb
    Manners, Bellend, Harris, Cartwright, WGraham
    Hunt, Cleary, Milford
    Aitken, JRob or Opacic
    Munster, Barba, Wright

NPR: Gallen, De Gois, Teddy, nupties.

Gallen or someone to Fifita next week when I can be more certain that he doesn't do some fucking dumb shit.

As for McGoosey's scenario, congrats on the rank btw, I don't mind Option C - dropping SJ or JBrom for Hodgson. Both have been pretty underwhelming lately, JBrom more so.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:55 am

DarkKnight wrote:Sterlo's interview with Andrew Denton, outstanding Clap
    Indeed, that is passion for The Greatest Game Of All.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:58 am

My 2 cents is agreeing with everything said about the POD C choice as well Goose.  If you can't win by playing conservative then don't play conservative.  If Bodene fails you will be deadset fucking pissed, but at least you had a crack.  If you play conservative now you may as well just get fucking pissed off now anyway, so take the risk, and good luck  Very Happy

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:56 am