NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Best Rugby League Memes

dasherhalo

Re: Best Rugby League Memes

Post by dasherhalo on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:27 pm

Indeed!

I think Brisbane were exactly 1 Josh McGuire short of a premiership last year.

No Worries

Post by No Worries on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Dip

Post by Dip on Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:53 am

@dasherhalo wrote:Poor bloke. They import a handful of quality players, and he's basically f*cked if they don't finish top 4.... by April.

In fairness though, he hasn't only lost 2 in a row, he's now lost 10 in a row going back to last year. Obviously Johnson is a big out for the 8 lost last year, but you should still should win a couple of those matches.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 am

they were only competitive in a couple of those 8 games too

last 8 games of 2015

Average points for: 11
    Average points against: 33
    Krump

Post by Krump on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:39 am

Their roster has always been better than their results. At least a crap team like the Tigers, Knights or Titans have crap rosters as a reason behind poor performances.
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:45 am

@Dip wrote:

In fairness though, he hasn't only lost 2 in a row, he's now lost 10 in a row going back to last year. Obviously Johnson is a big out for the 8 lost last year, but you should still should win a couple of those matches.

Im all for giving a bloke a go to build a good team & culture, but the team just look directionless on the park. Brisbane @ suncorp is a pretty harsh test but they seem like there isnt a plan on what to do when they get the ball apart from watch SJ try to make magic. Theres only so much a half can do when his outside backs would rather scratch themselves then hit a hole in anger.
    Krump

Post by Krump on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:00 pm

Not picking Hurrell makes it look like hes committing harakiri.
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:16 pm

@Krump wrote:Not picking Hurrell makes it look like hes committing harakiri.

I can handle a coach not picking someone like Hurrell.
    I can handle a coach picking someone like Ashyford.

But doing both and picking Ashyford over Hurrell? Insanity. The only time Ashyford should be in front of Hurrell is in the lineup to the Broken Rugby League Players Glue Factory.

leaguegod

Post by leaguegod on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:53 pm

i hate lolohea on the wing too, the bloke can be a gun halve

stop worrying about picking safe players like ayshford(who isn't safe anyways) and robson, you've got attacking players, go all out, play a style that suits the players and atleast they'll buy in

and find a spot for albert vete

Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:40 pm

@Dip wrote:

I don't think you can take last season into account whatsoever.

The bloke effectively has a brand new team this year, particularly in key positions; and if they aren't prepared to at least give him about 10 rounds to really get the team to click, then they should have punted him from the get go.

I also think they were pretty good the other night against the premiership favourites and they appear to be improving from that hopeless Rd 1 first half.

As for this love affair with Hurrell, fuck him I say.
    He's obviously got the talent but if he's not putting in and/or distracting the team, then I would have the big fella on the outer also and looking for some other club to pay overs for him.
    We're not talking about dropping a JT or anything like that.

Dip

Post by Dip on Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Last 10 games:
    Lost 24-0 to Roosters
    Lost 32-12 to Manly
    Lost 18-14 to Sharks
    Lost 36-0 to Dragons
    Lost 24-10 to Panthers
    Lost 50-16 to Cowboys
    Lost 50-16 to Tigers
    Lost 26-22 to Bulldogs
    Lost 34-26 to Tigers
    Lost 25-12 to Broncos

In determining how the coach is performing, I don't know why you wouldn't take last year's games into account. I agree that if he was to go then he should have gone last season, but I don't think you exacerbate a mistake by making another mistake.

Surely someone at the club said to him words along the lines of "mate losing the last 8 of the season is unacceptable. We've made some major purchases for 2016, so if you don't get off to a good start, then I don't think you've got a good case for keeping you".

I agree they were better than given credit for against the Broncos (I said the same thing about the Eels last week), but by Anzac Day (round 8 ) they play the Storm twice, the Dogs, Roosters and Sea Eagles. Roosters and Sea Eagles don't look that great so far, but if they start to click (and they look more likely to click than the Warriors), then the Knights at home may well be the only win they have by May, and they will have another season to write off even though on paper they've got close to the best team in the comp, and certainly one of the best spines.

Dip

Post by Dip on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:04 pm

In 2015, the Warriors won 9 games - vs Raiders x 2, Eels x 2, Tigers, Sharks, Knights, Titans, Storm. So they beat 2 top 8 teams, and one of those was the Storm on a 4 game losing streak missing Slater and with their origin players backing up from game 3.

After he took over in 2014, the Warriors went 10-9, with only 3 of those wins were against top 8 teams (Storm, Panthers, Broncos), and the last two were between origins. They lost 3 from the last 4 to miss out on the 8 on +/-.

So far I'm yet to see anything to indicate he can coach at all, so I don't know why he would be given 10 matches in 2016 to see any different. It's not like Barrett and Brown who are new to the team, or another club where the coach already has runs on the board (like Green last year)

Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:09 pm

@Dip wrote:Last 10 games:
    Lost 24-0 to Roosters
    Lost 32-12 to Manly
    Lost 18-14 to Sharks
    Lost 36-0 to Dragons
    Lost 24-10 to Panthers
    Lost 50-16 to Cowboys
    Lost 50-16 to Tigers
    Lost 26-22 to Bulldogs
    Lost 34-26 to Tigers
    Lost 25-12 to Broncos

In determining how the coach is performing, I don't know why you wouldn't take last year's games into account. I agree that if he was to go then he should have gone last season, but I don't think you exacerbate a mistake by making another mistake.

Surely someone at the club said to him words along the lines of "mate losing the last 8 of the season is unacceptable. We've made some major purchases for 2016, so if you don't get off to a good start, then I don't think you've got a good case for keeping you".

I agree they were better than given credit for against the Broncos (I said the same thing about the Eels last week), but by Anzac Day (round 8 ) they play the Storm twice, the Dogs, Roosters and Sea Eagles. Roosters and Sea Eagles don't look that great so far, but if they start to click (and they look more likely to click than the Warriors), then the Knights at home may well be the only win they have by May, and they will have another season to write off even though on paper they've got close to the best team in the comp, and certainly one of the best spines.

All I am saying is that it does take time for a new roster to click and all and sundry expected the new signings and the Warriors in general to start slowly, so I can't see how he isn't meeting expectations at the moment.

Last season results were based on an entirely different spine, hence why they should be disregarded....for the time being anyway.

Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:15 pm

@Dip wrote:In 2015, the Warriors won 9 games - vs Raiders x 2, Eels x 2, Tigers, Sharks, Knights, Titans, Storm. So they beat 2 top 8 teams, and one of those was the Storm on a 4 game losing streak missing Slater and with their origin players backing up from game 3.

After he took over in 2014, the Warriors went 10-9, with only 3 of those wins were against top 8 teams (Storm, Panthers, Broncos), and the last two were between origins. They lost 3 from the last 4 to miss out on the 8 on +/-.

So far I'm yet to see anything to indicate he can coach at all, so I don't know why he would be given 10 matches in 2016 to see any different. It's not like Barrett and Brown who are new to the team, or another club where the coach already has runs on the board (like Green last year)

I understand your opinion about his coaching ability but I can't understand the logic.

As I said before, if (based on his previous performances) you think he can't coach, then sack the bloke and give the new coach a fresh start from Rd 1 (ala Griffin/Henjack), otherwise these 2, 3, 4....whatever games are just a waste of time.

Dip

Post by Dip on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:22 pm

@Oz Sport Mad wrote:

All I am saying is that it does take time for a new roster to click and all and sundry expected the new signings and the Warriors in general to start slowly, so I can't see how he isn't meeting expectations at the moment.

Last season results were based on an entirely different spine, hence why they should be disregarded....for the time being anyway.

Craig Bellamy is the only other coach with 3 internationals in the spine. 7 of the other 14 coaches made the finals last year and the year before. If it takes 3 international spine players for the Warriors to make the finals this year (when he couldn't make it with 2 - Johnson and Tompkins), all that indicates to me is that they will have made the finals in spite of McFadden rather than because of him.

Dip

Post by Dip on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:24 pm

@Oz Sport Mad wrote:

I understand your opinion about his coaching ability but I can't understand the logic.

As I said before, if (based on his previous performances) you think he can't coach, then sack the bloke and give the new coach a fresh start from Rd 1 (ala Griffin/Henjack), otherwise these 2, 3, 4....whatever games are just a waste of time.

I think he should have been sacked. But given he wasn't, you just make it worse if you don't correct your errors.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:21 am

ryno_

Post by ryno_ on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:56 am

The best part of that was Matty rolling on the floor for the rest of the segment.

That dude in the suit is a bit of a pretentious twat but damn that segment has been funny the last few weeks.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:28 am

Once again the marketing dept. have done the work for you. No meme required. Who thought that slogan and a picture of snake was a good idea ?

Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:54 am

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:42 am