NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

Best Rugby League Memes

ryno_

Re: Best Rugby League Memes

Post by ryno_ on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:37 pm

Re-enacting her audition?

Seems to easy.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:27 pm

@Honeysett wrote:

Because I love rugby league, see as a New South Welshman I don't think league is dead just cause we're losing.
    Didnt your lot start crying like babies and whinging that origin was dead after losing for 8 years straight? I personally never once said origin was dead as NSW deserve everything they get, was an absolute joy to see them lose every single year.
    Krump

Post by Krump on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Bren wrote:
    Didnt your lot start crying like babies and whinging that origin was dead after losing for 8 years straight? I personally never once said origin was dead as NSW deserve everything they get, was an absolute joy to see them lose every single year.
    No we didn't. Just making things up to suit your agenda when you get put in your place?

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:42 pm

@Krump wrote:
    No we didn't. Just making things up to suit your agenda when you get put in your place?
    I fail to see how I was put in my place? Did I miss something? Please explain?
    Random

Post by Random on Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:27 am

That placement though.
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:51 am

Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:42 pm

Bren wrote:

I think it was the complete opposite. Ricky Stuart instilled a passion into the NSW fan base that really helped us to eventually get that series win. We wanted to win more and we wanted to see us win, thus the attendance went through the roof. Even when QLD were winning they weren't selling out their stadium, something QLDers said they could do even if they had a 93k stadium.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:15 pm

@Honeysett wrote:

I think it was the complete opposite. Ricky Stuart instilled a passion into the NSW fan base that really helped us to eventually get that series win. We wanted to win more and we wanted to see us win, thus the attendance went through the roof. Even when QLD were winning they weren't selling out their stadium, something QLDers said they could do even if they had a 93k stadium.
    Last time I checked origin tickets at Suncorp were far more expensive then in NSW. Why is that? Have they changed the prices recently? I also wonder how many free tickets are given away in QLD compared to NSW.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Bren wrote:
    Last time I checked origin tickets at Suncorp were far more expensive then in NSW. Why is that? Have they changed the prices recently? I also wonder how many free tickets are given away in QLD compared to NSW.

I would imagine the ratio would be fairly similar per capita but not sure.

From my experience there's not a lot of difference in the price, when you factor in things like beer and stuff as well that's a lot cheaper in QLD than what we had in NSW.

I'll never forget walking down Caxton St. An experience in itself.

Dip

Post by Dip on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:25 pm

@Honeysett wrote:

Wait what? When between 2006 and 2013 was Suncorp Stadium not sold out? If it wasn't sold out, where were the remaining tickets being sold, and for how much?

Dip

Post by Dip on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:37 pm

@Honeysett wrote:

I would imagine the ratio would be fairly similar per capita but not sure.

From my experience there's not a lot of difference in the price, when you factor in things like beer and stuff as well that's a lot cheaper in QLD than what we had in NSW.

I'll never forget walking down Caxton St. An experience in itself.

According to NRL.com, single tickets in Sydney from $35, in Brisbane they're from $80.
    Krump

Post by Krump on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:53 pm

@Dip wrote:

According to NRL.com, single tickets in Sydney from $35, in Brisbane they're from $80.
    They've gone back down this year after a bit of a backlash. IIRC even the crappy blatchys tickets were around $80 last year, could be totally wrong though.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:54 pm

@Dip wrote:

Exactly what I thought.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:03 pm

@Dip wrote:

What about for a proper ticket in a decent area? When I'm talking ticket prices I don't just mean what the cheapest seats are. You could pick a NSW sky box ticket and that would be far more expensive than a QLD one.

Could someone provide the supporter section tickets? Cause I can tell you right now they weren't $35.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:04 pm

@Dip wrote:

Wait what? When between 2006 and 2013 was Suncorp Stadium not sold out? If it wasn't sold out, where were the remaining tickets being sold, and for how much?

I didn't say it was limited to 2013. The games I were referring to were 2014-2015.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:09 pm

@Krump wrote:
    They've gone back down this year after a bit of a backlash. IIRC even the crappy blatchys tickets were around $80 last year, could be totally wrong though.

You're right mate. I've paid $250 for two tickets this year and I'm pretty sure that's standard practice when I buy two tickets.

However I don't have a family so the ticket money doesn't worry me as much as it would the other guys so I can understand why this would be an issue for a lot of people
    No Worries

Post by No Worries on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Wouldn't the cheaper ticket price at ANZ be because it's 60% bigger than Suncorp ?

If you were to compare apples with apples NSW would have to play origin at Allianz

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Dont the Blatchys Blues tickets also include a couple of pingas. Only reasonable explanation why all those Blues supporters would be happy to attend an origin game after losing for 9/10 years.

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Your Name wrote:Wouldn't the cheaper ticket price at ANZ be because it's 60% bigger than Suncorp ?
    Finally someone from NSW who can actually count. It's a miracle.
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett on Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Bren wrote:Dont the Blatchys Blues tickets also include a couple of pingas. Only reasonable explanation why all those Blues supporters would be happy to attend an origin game after losing for 9/10 years.

Please refer to previous comments where we don't give up when we start losing. Unlike QLD legends who after 3 series losses were calling Origin football dead.

By enduring hardships it should build character. We come back with a fighting and never wanting to give up spirit and QLD threw the toys out of the cott.

It'll turn around, NSW will have their dominant run and when they do the poxy QLD reply will be "We let you win, had to make it a contest, you had to win eventually"

TL;DR
    NSW supporters have more spirit than QLD supporters.

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:16 am