NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Round 23 discussion

Pieman
    Pieman

Round 23 discussion Empty Round 23 discussion

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:00 am

JTrbo - it was clearly a knock on. I dont know what Johns and Gould were carrying on about. It was 100% clearly a knock on.
    And I agree with the push in the back call against Reynolds. You cant just push someone in the back when you are chasing the ball.

Refs got both 100% right imo.

The Dogs still have not clicked. Its pretty scary, they are going to make the top 4 without even playing their best footy all year.
    They are a strange team, It wouldnt surprise me if they lost to anyone, and it wouldnt surprise me if they beat anyone.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Round 23 discussion Empty Re: Round 23 discussion

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:00 am

Also, JTrbo and TTrbo are both in my Australian team at the end of the year. Both are great.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:51 am

Pieman wrote:JTrbo - it was clearly a knock on. I dont know what Johns and Gould were carrying on about. It was 100% clearly a knock on.
    And I agree with the push in the back call against Reynolds. You cant just push someone in the back when you are chasing the ball.

Refs got both 100% right imo.

The Dogs still have not clicked. Its pretty scary, they are going to make the top 4 without even playing their best footy all year.
    They are a strange team, It wouldnt surprise me if they lost to anyone, and it wouldnt surprise me if they beat anyone.
    Agree on the JReyn no try.  The problem is that sort of shit goes unpenalised so much that the public think it must be okay.

I thought Jurbo's disallowed try was 50/50*

*he is in my Fantasy 17 though 
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:54 am

*bias dogs fan alert*

J-turbo was clearly a knock on, i didn't listen to 9 so i was surprised there was any controversy

I can see why the bunker ruled the way they did with jrey but fuck me not everything is that black and white, in real speed the time between cherry evans touching the ball and jrey touching him is minimal, jrey in a split second adjust from going to tackle DCE to getting into a position to get the ball.

understand the bunker is pretty much instructed to be black and white but a similar situation will be let go 100 time out of 100 by on field refs (not even over exaggerating, that happens so often) because they use common sense in real time.

not for the first time this year, we would have been better off tackling ourselves before the line
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:57 am

leaguegod wrote:*bias dogs fan alert*

J-turbo was clearly a knock on, i didn't listen to 9 so i was surprised there was any controversy

I can see why the bunker ruled the way they did with jrey but fuck me not everything is that black and white, in real speed the time between cherry evans touching the ball and jrey touching him is minimal, jrey in a split second adjust from going to tackle DCE to getting into a position to get the ball.

understand the bunker is pretty much instructed to be black and white but a similar situation will be let go 100 time out of 100 by on field refs (not even over exaggerating, that happens so often)  because they use common sense in real time.

not for the first time this year, we would have been better off tackling ourselves before the line

You're right about the time Grub had. I just hate seeing it creep into the game, so much of the holding back now. JReyn was actually unlucky even though I'm glad they called it. There have been much worse let go many times. But glad they called it, now for some consistency...
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:51 pm

leaguegod wrote:*bias dogs fan alert*

understand the bunker is pretty much instructed to be black and white but a similar situation will be let go 100 time out of 100 by on field refs (not even over exaggerating, that happens so often)  because they use common sense in real time.

Mate gus and joey were carrying on as if it was the worst call ever. Carrying on about how in real time it looked like a try so they should give it a try. It wasnt even close IMO - was 100% a knock on and even looked like a knock on in real time, I thought.

The Jrey thing, yeah they usually do let that stuff go these days but I am happy they called it. It was a clear push in the back IMO. I just wish they called all the blockers on kick chasers and when blokes are held back and when guys change their lines to get in the way of chasers. This is kinda similar to that so IMO you cant push someone in the back when u are chasing a ball so was a fair penalty.

If he just goes for the ball its play on but he literally pushes dce in the back with both hands
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Refs having a shocker in this game.

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Hey, Broncos won - is it OK to come out of hiding yet??

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Maranta doesnt play and the Broncos win. There is a lesson to be learnt here.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:47 am

strong broncs performance, we'll have to be a lot better to stick with them next week

i'd be happy to trade a loss for winning the following week against the cows to be completely honest, can't see us winning 2, just hope we win 1

the oates try where they looked at the boyd knock on - De gois was clearly held back from going to the ball after he knocked it down, that was 3x worse then the split second 'push' from jrey

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:34 am

leaguegod wrote:

the oates try where they looked at the boyd knock on - De gois was clearly held back from going to the ball after he knocked it down, that was 3x worse then the split second 'push' from jrey

Totally agree. De Gois would have dived on the ball and they wouldnt have scored (maybe they score off the scum but they wouldnt have scored off that play if de gois wasnt held back). It should have been brought back for the initial De Gois knock on, or there should have been a penalty for the hold back. Not sure how they rule there. I would have been happy for them to bring it back for the De Gois knock on.

Was fucking weird that they didnt even mention it untill after the try was awarded. Was clearly not play on and it lead directly to a try. I was blowing up at home lol
    Dip

Post by Dip Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:38 am

I agree. Scrum with Broncos feed. Was a good try to watch though. Pangai is a beast.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:45 am

^ This is why the NRL is frustrating to watch. Two days apart you've got two different set of rules.

Frustrating as all hell.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:52 pm

What the fuck how did 4 refs miss that blatant knock down from Hoffman?? They go back to check every single fucken thing and waste so much fucken time but the one time its warranted they dismiss it? Worse reffed sport in the world!
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:15 pm

re bunker being to black and white

the high tackle penalty against the roosters when fergo scored just confirms how ridiculous its getting, there is similar 'high contact' every fucking set, we can't have the bunker consistently adjudicating games in a completely different manner to the refs on the field
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:07 pm

the dogs can lose next week (which i feel we will) and still be assured to be in the top 4 heading into the final fortnight

which is absolutely insane, given we've played maybe 4-5 really good games all year
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:23 pm

pearce has a lot of haters but the difference between the roosters with him V's without him has been amazing, honestly feel if pearce had played every game this year, they're a certainty for the 8

they'll be back up there next year
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:30 pm

Pearce has had a great season, when he has played.
    Maybe being off the piss since his incident and not having the pressure (which he cant handle) of origin on his shoulders has helped him perform in club land.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:31 pm

leaguegod wrote:re bunker being to black and white

the high tackle penalty against the roosters when fergo scored just confirms how ridiculous its getting, there is similar 'high contact' every fucking set, we can't have the bunker consistently adjudicating games in a completely different manner to the refs on the field

was bizzare... was just purely incidental contact.
    Crazy.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:34 pm

Pieman wrote:Pearce has had a great season, when he has played.
    Maybe being off the piss since his incident and not having the pressure (which he cant handle) of origin on his shoulders has helped him perform in club land.

Good point.

Alternatively, maybe he's always been a gun player (like the time he won a GF) and you are just an utterly piss poor judge of Rugby League talent.....

I'm presently leaning towards the alternative.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm