NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Pieman wrote:The salary cap is clearly and third party system is clearly not working when the team with the best roster in the league can sign the best centre in the league after pretty much all their salary cap has been spent for the year.

The system is so fcked up its not funny.
    Last time I checked the Cowboys won the comp therefore they have the best roster in the comp.
    quicksand
    quicksand

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by quicksand Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Bren wrote:
    Last time I checked the Cowboys won the comp therefore they have the best roster in the comp.

the team with the best roster does not always win the comp !
    Otherwise, the Roosters would win every year.

Also, without Thurston, the cowboys would not get anywhere near the GF !!
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:20 am

James Roberts would have to sacrifice $300,000 to chase an NRL premiership under Wayne Bennett at the Broncos.

The Broncos are willing to offer Roberts about $250,000 a season over two years if he decides to join the club.

The Dragons are the only club to have made Roberts a formal offer, tabling a $400,000-a-season two-year deal.

Roberts is keen to make a decision before Christmas and his adviser, Jeremy Donovan, will meet Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire in Sydney today.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:28 am

So basically the Broncos have lost out on Roberts as he is chasing the cash. Fuck.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:35 am

That's a lot of money but let's be honest if he plays for the Broncos he's going to play state of origin and if he plays for the Dragons he's going to be a big fish in a small pond. He's got potential to win premiership with Brisbane and no hope with the Dragons. Is money everything?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:05 pm

How much did the Titans offer him ? I thought the media said they upped the offer and he still turned it down ?

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:10 pm

Your Name wrote:How much did the Titans offer him ? I thought the media said they upped the offer and he still turned it down ?
    Thats what I read as well hence my chasing the cash comment. As Honeysett said if he joins the Bronx we are an even better chance to go all the way this year. Dont the Dragons already have a bagful of CTR options?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:54 pm

I heard a rumour there was no offer from the Titans. That's why I asked.
    Apparently IQ tests aren't the only things he's been failing
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Bren wrote:
    No.

The cowboys have the best player in the comp.
    They dont have the best complete roster - the broncos do, closely followed by the Roosters.

The cows have the best front row and halfback in the comp. Besides them and a few young guns like Coote/Morgan - their roster is not that crash hot.
    As long as they have thurston they will be a shot at winning the comp.

Post by Guest Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:08 pm

I do love how we've somehow made ourselves a reputation for being a club that buys our way to the top with a roster made up primarily of Broncos juniors & one-club players - I also love that those same players weren't worth their weight in salt this time last year, but because we're winning again, they're all on 500k each now

Post by Guest Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:00 am

I like how we now have the best roster in the comp.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Last year at the start of the season, after signing Boyd and Milford, most people predicted around bottom of the top 8. Since then we've basically signed no-one, and been linked to Roberts and Teo but not actually signed either of them yet. We've lost our captain and best player to retirement (okay, maybe second best player behind Parker. Maybe.)

Now we've got the best roster in the comp and the salary cap is a joke? If the salary cap was a joke we'd win 8 years out of 10. It is doing it's job nicely.

As for Roberts, if he can keep clean off the field I'd love that signing. With Milf on the left and Roberts on the right we'd have massive speed on the edges. We'll either burn teams on the outside, or if they shift their defenders wider to cover it Hunt will make a million line breaks closer to the ruck.

St George though, would be a good match for Roberts. Marshall and Widdop are one of the few half combinations smart enough to give him early ball and let him do his thing. And if the other centre is Dylan Farrell, or Ewan Aitken or whover, you know who they're going to pass it to most.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Dip wrote:Last year at the start of the season, after signing Boyd and Milford, most people predicted around bottom of the top 8. Since then we've basically signed no-one, and been linked to Roberts and Teo but not actually signed either of them yet. We've lost our captain and best player to retirement (okay, maybe second best player behind Parker. Maybe.)

Now we've got the best roster in the comp and the salary cap is a joke? If the salary cap was a joke we'd win 8 years out of 10. It is doing it's job nicely.

As for Roberts, if he can keep clean off the field I'd love that signing. With Milf on the left and Roberts on the right we'd have massive speed on the edges. We'll either burn teams on the outside, or if they shift their defenders wider to cover it Hunt will make a million line breaks closer to the ruck.

St George though, would be a good match for Roberts. Marshall and Widdop are one of the few half combinations smart enough to give him early ball and let him do his thing. And if the other centre is Dylan Farrell, or Ewan Aitken or whover, you know who they're going to pass it to most.

The other centre would be dugan or lafai which if he went there would make them dangerous on the fringes.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Honeysett wrote:

The other centre would be dugan or lafai which if he went there would make them dangerous on the fringes.

Yeah forgot about the Lafai rumour. I might have missed something buy why wouldn't Dugan be fullback? Who is? Either way yep, they would be dangerous.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:30 pm

Your Name wrote:I heard  a rumour there was no offer from the Titans. That's why I asked.
    Apparently IQ tests aren't the only things he's been failing
    Here's a SCOOP from the Mole who broke the story last week, peeps
    @NRL_Dragons rejected Roberts,not other way around

Good to see the mole is catching up with the program

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:10 am

We lost out on Roberts lads.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:43 am

How do you know? Any link able sources?

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:52 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:How do you know? Any link able sources?
    Yee of little faith. Wait and see my fish bitch.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:54 am

Broncos announced signing of Roberts for 2016 & 2017 this morning.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:21 pm

Bren wrote:
    Mighty Fishes wrote:How do you know? Any link able sources?
    Yee of little faith. Wait and see my fish bitch.

Can someone post the MJ popcorn GIF please Very Happy ?

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:41 am