NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Share
    avatar
    Simon Templar

    Posts : 993
    Reputation : 368
    Join date : 2016-02-05

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Simon Templar on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:50 pm

    Pookus McFly wrote:I have a dilemma. I can afford to trade Mitchell to Leilua and complete my team this week, but then I obviously miss out on this weeks score when I only have 10 playing as it is. If I play Mitchell and he loses 3k (which seems likely with his be of 58), then i can no longer afford to do this in one trade and would need a cashout (and I cannot afford to lose anymore trades). Think I gotta be the numnuts who sells Mitchell in round 15 :/

    I vote to complete your team while you can, so you avoid the risk of having to make an extra trade.
    .

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:51 pm

    This will be my 'final' team. Only Tedesco trade left to do next week and a few trades left for season enders (though have plenty of cover)

    Smith/JFriend
    Fifita/JGraham/Jtrbo                                                 Tolman
    Surgess/Whitehead/Merrin/Harris/Cartwright
    Norman/DCE                                                             Cleary
    Lolohea/Leilua                                                         Hurrell/Copley
    Munster/Tedesco/Aitken                                          Mitchell
    avatar
    EvenSteeden

    Posts : 341
    Reputation : 34
    Join date : 2015-10-30
    Location : NZ

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by EvenSteeden on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

    Boozecluez wrote:This will be my 'final' team. Only Tedesco trade left to do next week and a few trades left for season enders (though have plenty of cover)

    Smith/JFriend
    Fifita/JGraham/Jtrbo                                                 Tolman
    Surgess/Whitehead/Merrin/Harris/Cartwright
    Norman/DCE                                                             Cleary
    Lolohea/Leilua                                                         Hurrell/Copley
    Munster/Tedesco/Aitken                                          Mitchell

    That's a very very strong looking team, plus plenty of cover if need be. How many trades left and what's your team value?
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1695
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by SI on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 pm

    Pookus McFly wrote:I have a dilemma. I can afford to trade Mitchell to Leilua and complete my team this week, but then I obviously miss out on this weeks score when I only have 10 playing as it is. If I play Mitchell and he loses 3k (which seems likely with his be of 58), then i can no longer afford to do this in one trade and would need a cashout (and I cannot afford to lose anymore trades). Think I gotta be the numnuts who sells Mitchell in round 15 :/

    Pretty much answered your own question mate, but it is still good to vocalise these things.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:11 pm

    EvenSteeden wrote:

    That's a very very strong looking team, plus plenty of cover if need be. How many trades left and what's your team value?

    Team value is slowly dropping due to keepers, but around 9.5mil once Tedesco is brought in
    Trades will be at 4 next week, trying something different by trading hard and getting the team set early with as many POD's as possible.
    Any season enders will be 'like for like' so won't need the gun/npr double trade to bring them in (should/when they arise).

    Risky but where is the fun otherwise, and want to see if it is possible
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 5108
    Reputation : 761
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 33
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by wolfking on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:12 pm

    Was going to get rid of Benry for that Souths 2RF fella playing Centre this week but you guys have convinced me to not waste the trade when I'm not getting any cash, but do we think he might keep his spot for a few weeks with Goodwin out?
    avatar
    Honeysett
    Moderator

    Posts : 5003
    Reputation : 1499
    Join date : 2015-09-28
    Age : 30
    Location : Scarborough

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Honeysett on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:14 pm

    Archer wrote:
    It's listed on the 1st page isn't it? Looks to be 36, don't think I can see him scoring that, last weeks team will have Boyd returning definitely and possibly Fenno. I guess best case scenario he knocks out 40-45, worst case 15-20? Whether that's worth the gamble for you I don't know. Whitehead & Bateman for JDB though will mean losing 2 Rd18 players to gain 1 Rd16 player, do you care?

    I care not for bye rounds, just want the best team as soon as I can
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1558
    Reputation : 296
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by mulvy on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:29 pm

    Pookus McFly wrote:I have a dilemma. I can afford to trade Mitchell to Leilua and complete my team this week, but then I obviously miss out on this weeks score when I only have 10 playing as it is. If I play Mitchell and he loses 3k (which seems likely with his be of 58), then i can no longer afford to do this in one trade and would need a cashout (and I cannot afford to lose anymore trades). Think I gotta be the numnuts who sells Mitchell in round 15 :/

    I have a similar dilemma. With Claw and Holland going well last week and Hurrell not named at centre I'm thinking of holding Holland and Claw for now so I'll have less cash available. I can go Mitchell to Tedesco now (and miss rd 15 score) but if I keep Mitchell and he loses more than 15k (quite possible) I won't be able to do it. At least then Mitchell's price won't change in rd 16 but Ted may drop and I could grab him the following week maybe. Might be worth the risk in my case?

    Edit: Forgot to say, agree with SI, complete your team imo


    Last edited by mulvy on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Archer

    Posts : 4110
    Reputation : 871
    Join date : 2016-01-12

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Archer on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:30 pm

    Honeysett wrote:

    I care not for bye rounds, just want the best team as soon as I can
    Look like two solid upgrades to me then.
    avatar
    Pain

    Posts : 1509
    Reputation : 296
    Join date : 2015-07-30

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Pain on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:39 pm

    Boozecluez wrote:

    Team value is slowly dropping due to keepers, but around 9.5mil once Tedesco is brought in
    Trades will be at 4 next week, trying something different by trading hard and getting the team set early with as many POD's as possible.
    Any season enders will be 'like for like' so won't need the gun/npr double trade to bring them in (should/when they arise).

    Risky but where is the fun otherwise, and want to see if it is possible
    4 trades?

    I think we have a new winner!
    avatar
    Pookus McFly

    Posts : 989
    Reputation : 315
    Join date : 2016-01-18

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Pookus McFly on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:42 pm

    Mulvy wrote:
    I have a similar dilemma. With Claw and Holland going well last week and Hurrell not named at centre I'm thinking of holding Holland and Claw for now so I'll have less cash available. I can go Mitchell to Tedesco now (and miss rd 15 score) but if I keep Mitchell and he loses more than 15k (quite possible) I won't be able to do it. At least then Mitchell's price won't change in rd 16 but Ted may drop and I could grab him the following week maybe. Might be worth the risk in my case?

    Edit: Forgot to say, agree with SI, complete your team imo

    Yeah your case is a little different in that Mitchell and Tedesco are both going down in price. I have calculated that Mitchell needs to score above 37 to decrease by less than 15k. But even if he misses this, you can still rely on Teddy becoming more affordable. And since he plays the Storm next up, I think that for you it would be a safe bet to run with Mitchell this week and trade in round 16/17.


    Last edited by Pookus McFly on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:43 pm

    Pain wrote:
    4 trades?

    I think we have a new winner!

    Oooh what do i win ? Could be 6 trades going into this bye but trying to settle my team asap.


    Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:47 pm

    So how would you rank these 3 players . Barba/Mitchell/Gutherson?

    Barba has job security, plays in a good attacking team but relies on scoring tries to score well.

    Mitchell is new to the job, medium job security (with talk of Gordon) but can fend and score alright off that but Roosters are struggling

    Gutherson is in between in regards to the above, but plays on the wing. Eels have the whole salary cap scandal over them and with losing points who knows how they will score fantasy wise going forward

    Its a hard one to choose a keeper out of these 3 but would look at keeping the one. Perhaps the way they are priced is a fair reflection of their ranking at the moment? Thoughts?


    Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1558
    Reputation : 296
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by mulvy on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:48 pm

    Pookus McFly wrote:

    Yeah your case is a little different in that Mitchell and Tedesco are both going down in price. I have calculated that Mitchell needs to score above 37 to decrease by less than 15k. But even if he misses this, you can still rely on Teddy becoming more affordable. And since he plays the Storm next up, I think that for you it would be a safe bet to run with Mitchell this week and trade in round 16/17.

    Cheers Pookus, I spent half the day working this out, have an upvote
    avatar
    Stinkbug

    Posts : 411
    Reputation : 22
    Join date : 2016-03-15
    Location : Sunny Coast

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Stinkbug on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:48 pm

    whats the go with taupau being named up front - god damn i am kinda regretting holding all this time. and pls god bellyache just start tohu at centre just once more, none of this 5/8 charade shit.
    edit: does it make a difference to dpp status whether he starts at 5/8 or half...? not that dpp half would be of any use
    avatar
    Chucky

    Posts : 763
    Reputation : 218
    Join date : 2015-10-01
    Age : 48
    Location : NSW

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Chucky on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:53 pm

    Boozecluez wrote:So how would you rank these 3 players . Barba/Mitchell/Gutherson?

    Barba has job security, plays in a good attacking team but relies on scoring tries to score well.

    Mitchell is new to the job, medium job security (with talk of Gordon) but can fend and score alright off that but Roosters are struggling

    Gutherson is in between in regards to the above, but plays on the wing. Eels have the whole salary cap scandal over them and with losing points who knows how they will score fantasy wise going forward

    Its a hard one to choose a keeper out of these 3 but would look at keeping the one. Perhaps the way they are priced is a fair reflection of their ranking at the moment? Thoughts?
    I'm not sure if this can be answered without knowing what's happening with Gordon.
    If he goes to the Roosters, Mitchell becomes less attractive, whereas Guthersons value increases. Btw, Gutherson is playing in the centres recently.
    Barba had a poor game last round, but he was up against the Cowboys.
    In my opinion, it goes Barba, Mitchell, Gutherson. But there's not a lot in it.
    Guthersons DPP is also worth considering.
    avatar
    mulvy

    Posts : 1558
    Reputation : 296
    Join date : 2016-01-26

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by mulvy on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:55 pm

    Boozecluez wrote:So how would you rank these 3 players . Barba/Mitchell/Gutherson?

    Barba has job security, plays in a good attacking team but relies on scoring tries to score well.

    Mitchell is new to the job, medium job security (with talk of Gordon) but can fend and score alright off that but Roosters are struggling

    Gutherson is in between in regards to the above, but plays on the wing. Eels have the whole salary cap scandal over them and with losing points who knows how they will score fantasy wise going forward

    Its a hard one to choose a keeper out of these 3 but would look at keeping the one. Perhaps the way they are priced is a fair reflection of their ranking at the moment? Thoughts?

    I change my mind a lot, but as of right now Barba's your keeper. Yes needs attacking scores but as others have said decent run home, byes out of the way, fully fit, in a top four team. Mitchell is starting to look like Inglis, in a bad way, always looks injured, strapped like a mummy in a shit team who won't make the eight, even if Gordon doesn't arrive. Guth I want to keep as long as I can, good byes, heaps of potential, and if Gordon leaves you'll look like a twat for trading him out, I'm gonna try and hold until rd 19.
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 9473
    Reputation : 1695
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by SI on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:57 pm

    Chucky wrote:
    Boozecluez wrote:So how would you rank these 3 players . Barba/Mitchell/Gutherson?

    Barba has job security, plays in a good attacking team but relies on scoring tries to score well.

    Mitchell is new to the job, medium job security (with talk of Gordon) but can fend and score alright off that but Roosters are struggling

    Gutherson is in between in regards to the above, but plays on the wing. Eels have the whole salary cap scandal over them and with losing points who knows how they will score fantasy wise going forward

    Its a hard one to choose a keeper out of these 3 but would look at keeping the one. Perhaps the way they are priced is a fair reflection of their ranking at the moment? Thoughts?
    I'm not sure if this can be answered without knowing what's happening with Gordon.
    If he goes to the Roosters, Mitchell becomes less attractive, whereas Guthersons value increases. Btw, Gutherson is playing in the centres recently.
    Barba had a poor game last round, but he was up against the Cowboys.
    In my opinion, it goes Barba, Mitchell, Gutherson. But there's not a lot in it.
    Guthersons DPP is also worth considering.

    This.
    avatar
    pm888

    Posts : 831
    Reputation : 169
    Join date : 2016-03-01

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by pm888 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:00 pm

    Interesting thoughts. for me they are all the same player worth 350k tops. I have wanted to trade them out the whole time but can't justify it without screwing up my byes.

    I would get rid of barba first simply because he has hit his ceiling first and i can make a swap to a gun that much easier.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 40

    Post by Guest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:04 pm

    Some good chat above , wanted to get a discussion going as guessing most are in the same boat.
    Everytime I think I have worked it out I remember the whole 'Gordon' out rumour which stuff's up things alot.

    Great point on Gutherson at Centre, didn't actually pick that up and I watch most games so amazed that it slipped by me (though I watched the All Blacks game last week so actually missed that game)
    Changes things a bit

      Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 am