NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    The NRL Rookie

    Share

    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 3616
    Reputation : 324
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    The NRL Rookie

    Post by Random on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:00 pm

    So I know this could go into the TV Thread but as I haven't seen the new GoT episode I want to avoid it. Just watched The Rookie for week two and surprisingly enjoying the show more than I thought I would. Though my biggest gripe is how condensed the show. Other than that I am really enjoying it and in case you have missed it they put up all the episodes online which is awesome. I wish you got to see more of the actual football matches as well. 

    http://nrlrookie.com/

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 505
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by No Worries on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:32 pm

    Tiger's have already signed the winner

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7866
    Reputation : 1112
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Bren on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:45 pm

    Your Name wrote:Tiger's have already signed the winner
    The NRL Rookie must be a hooker then.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 505
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by No Worries on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:00 pm

    @Bren wrote:
    The NRL Rookie must be a hooker then.

    Cheers

    I was setting up for that. That was my line

    Revraiser

    Posts : 1286
    Reputation : 130
    Join date : 2015-10-21
    Location : Sydney

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Revraiser on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:29 am

    Anyone know the specs about this, what nrl club is going to give the winner a genuine shot in there squad. Surely its just a contract to feeder clubs and a one way ticket to nowhere.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 505
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by No Worries on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:38 am

    I thought the same thing. How can the NRL/Channel 9 force a club to give the winner a contract. Then I realised the NRL own the Knights, they own the Titan's, they might aswell own the Dragons with the amount of outstanding loans they have. Of course they can guarantee a minimum wage tier 2 contract .

    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 3616
    Reputation : 324
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Random on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:06 am

    I thought the original plan was for the Raiders to be picking up the winner.

    Pieman

    Posts : 1382
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Pieman on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:13 am

    @Random wrote:I thought the original plan was for the Raiders to be picking up the winner.

    Nah, that was the show starring Sticky, called "The Coach", that never came to fruition.

    Krump

    Posts : 2280
    Reputation : 336
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Krump on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:13 am

    @Random wrote:I thought the original plan was for the Raiders to be picking up the winner.
    Wasn't Sticky meant to be the coach?

    Dip

    Posts : 774
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Dip on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:29 am

    Your Name wrote:I thought the same thing. How can the NRL/Channel 9 force a club to give the winner a contract. Then I realised the NRL own the Knights, they own the Titan's, they might aswell own the Dragons with the amount of outstanding loans they have. Of course they can guarantee a minimum wage tier 2 contract .

    I assumed since the NRL is involved with the show they would give a cap exemption if no-one wanted the winner. If he can be part of the squad, take up a spot and leave extra cap space for others then someone will sign him. Whoever the winner is will be at least QCup/NSW Cup/Holden Cup standard anyway. Most of them in the show seem to be playing either NSW or QLD Cup already.

    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 7866
    Reputation : 1112
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Bren on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:46 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Nah, that was the show starring Sticky, called "The Coach", that never came to fruition.
    Sounds like a comedy.

    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 3616
    Reputation : 324
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 24

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Random on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:58 am

    @Pieman wrote:
    @Random wrote:I thought the original plan was for the Raiders to be picking up the winner.

    Nah, that was the show starring Sticky, called "The Coach", that never came to fruition.
    Oh I thought it was the same show, and wasn't looking forward to that.

    Pieman

    Posts : 1382
    Reputation : 94
    Join date : 2015-10-26

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Pieman on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:22 am

    @Dip wrote:

    I assumed since the NRL is involved with the show they would give a cap exemption if no-one wanted the winner. If he can be part of the squad, take up a spot and leave extra cap space for others then someone will sign him. Whoever the winner is will be at least QCup/NSW Cup/Holden Cup standard anyway. Most of them in the show seem to be playing either NSW or QLD Cup already.

    Yeah exactly. I mean, one bloke even played union for england didnt he?
    I know thats not exactly NRL standard Wink but still, wouldnt be a slouch.

    No Worries
    Moderator

    Posts : 2408
    Reputation : 505
    Join date : 2015-07-31
    Location : Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday arvo

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by No Worries on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:27 am

    @Pieman wrote:

    Yeah exactly. I mean, one bloke even played union for england didnt he?
    I know thats not exactly NRL standard Wink but still, wouldnt be a slouch.

    Sammy ?

    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 3056
    Reputation : 721
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: The NRL Rookie

    Post by Milchcow on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:30 am

    @Random wrote:So I know this could go into the TV Thread but as I haven't seen the new GoT episode I want to avoid it. Just watched The Rookie for week two and surprisingly enjoying the show more than I thought I would. Though my biggest gripe is how condensed the show. Other than that I am really enjoying it and in case you have missed it they put up all the episodes online which is awesome. I wish you got to see more of the actual football matches as well. 

    http://nrlrookie.com/

    Just letting you know Random, GOT has its own thread, so you can enter the TV thread safely

    Also, I've not watched this, but when the A-League (and I think the AFL) have done similar shows in the past, the final club was known and the coach was involved in the selection process.

    Is this show picking the winner first and then trying to find a club? hat does seem a bit strange

      Current date/time is Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:49 pm