NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

Post by Milchcow Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:15 pm

Resurrecting this thread for the current season.

The fact that everyone seems to have a magic teleportation device to get wherever they need to be pretty much instantaneously is getting a bit out of control. Travel time means literally nothing any more.

Also 2 things disappointed me from this week's episode.

Jaime and Bronn escaped a little bit too easily for my liking. They swam underwater (in full armour) to a few hundred metres away, and then managed to escape the attention of the dothraki completely?
    Did none of Dany'd people think to look for them?
    Would have been bgetter I think if they'd had a little scene where Tyrion helped them escape or something.

The other silly bit is the compete ridculousness of the current plot to capture a wight and bring it to Cersei.
    If they want to capture a single wight - why send 7 guys towards an army of them - how are they expecting this to work?
    And assuming they do manage to capture one and transport it to Kings Landing, what makes them think that it will do anything to get Cersei onto their side?

I think this season is suffering a little from condensing everything down to just 7 episodes.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers)

Post by ryno_ Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:22 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Resurrecting this thread for the current season.

The fact that everyone seems to have a magic teleportation device to get wherever they need to be pretty much instantaneously is getting a bit out of control. Travel time means literally nothing any more.

Also 2 things disappointed me from this week's episode.

Jaime and Bronn escaped a little bit too easily for my liking. They swam underwater (in full armour) to a few hundred metres away, and then managed to escape the attention of the dothraki completely?
    Did none of Dany'd people think to look for them?  
    Would have been bgetter I think if they'd had a little scene where Tyrion helped them escape or something.

The other silly bit is the compete ridculousness of the current plot to capture a wight and bring it to Cersei.
    If they want to capture a single wight - why send 7 guys towards an army of them - how are they expecting this to work?
    And assuming they do manage to capture one and transport it to Kings Landing, what makes them think that it will  do anything to get Cersei onto their side?

I think this season is suffering a little from condensing everything down to just 7 episodes.

I dont mind Bronn & Jamie escaping... there should have been a scene where Jamie can't swim with his false hand and Bronn has to take it off underwater to save him - again. If Bronn dies ill need to take a day off work, he's the MVP.

Sam is shitting me. Kill him off already. And Jorah, I like him better when he was in a cell dying of dragon-leprosy or whatever its called.

Feels like the plan to capture a wight was just an excuse to cram that band of 7 misfits together with a united goal... which i like the idea of, but I agree, the actual gameplan is stupid. As if Cersei is going to look at a captured wight and go, yeah righto, lets all co-operate for a bit. Theyre going to have to kill her off if they want to get the Lannister army to be helpful and the only one who can get close enough is Jamie. So thats how that will end.

Im assuming everyone is on the bandwagon theory that the Mad King had 3 children - one for each dragon. Im tipping the 3rd is Tyrion, which is part of the reason Tywin hated him so much. Tyrion will run Kings Landing with his dragon, Snow the North with his and Deany will go back to the East with hers. And hopeully Snows one gets peckish and eats Bran, Littlefinger and Sam in one moutful.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:58 am

Rather the Meera/Jon are twins theory. Adds up a bit more to me. Be interesting to see if we follow her story further after she left Winterfell.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:28 am

Follow fan forums long enough and half of Westeros become secret Targaryen.

Tyronne makes the most sense, although I personally don't really like the idea.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:29 am

Btw, if anyone has seen the leaked episode, make sure you use spoilers here if you want to talk about it hehe Monday night
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Leaked episode:
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:
    Leaked episode:
    Spoiler:
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:38 pm

SI wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:26 pm

It's taken me about a month of binging, but I've finally watched every episode and caught up to the most recent one now. Loving this show and I'm annoyed I got through it so quick now that I have to wait weekly!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Spectre wrote:It's taken me about a month of binging, but I've finally watched every episode and caught up to the most recent one now. Loving this show and I'm annoyed I got through it so quick now that I have to wait weekly!
    You probably understand it more than most of us with everything fresh.
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:48 pm

SI wrote:
    You probably understand it more than most of us with everything fresh.

Yeah it feels like I've just watched one huge movie lol
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Just watched the most recent episode affraid
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:26 pm

To be honest this season has disappointed me, they said they didnt want to drag it out too long (why wait over a year between seasons then) however I feel as though they are rushing it and the big build up between the battles just isnt there.

They could have easily finished the last 2 seasons with 10 episodes and eliminated the teleportation that seems to be going on at present. It seems to just be skipping from scene to scene without absoring the drama of what has just transpired.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:27 pm

look at the eye
    Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 2 Giphy-1-3
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 2 6ti8z5ka2ahz
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:58 pm

manlybeaver wrote:Game of Thrones thread (contains spoilers) - Page 2 6ti8z5ka2ahz
    Exactly, what the fuck was that!
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Hahaha I was thinking the exact same thing while I was watching
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 am

Really underwhelming season final I must say. Last 15 mins wasn't bad at least
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:55 am

I thought it was brilliant, just everything way to rushed. The whole season.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:11 am

Spectre wrote:Really underwhelming season final I must say. Last 15 mins wasn't bad at least

Final was great. Sets up for next season nicely. Bit of fisticuffs, bit of stabbing. Dragon lady ass. *kisses fingers like an Italian pizza chef*

But - how much better would it have been if in the 2nd last episode they swapped the scene where the Night King resurrects the dragon and replaced it with the scene from this episode where Littlefinger and Sansa talk about the game of assuming somebody has the worst intentions. Ends the 6th episode with more then enough drama to keep you happy north of the wall and a bit tension in Winterfell and brings the reveal of the ice dragon into the finale - an episode that was good but not terribly surprising.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:27 pm